Sign in to follow this  
Suchy_

Mute Player's Voice for OA

This is an updated version of this mod for Arma2, now works in OA.

Updated for patch 1.54:

http://soundscapes.cozywebhost.com/stuff/MuteOA.rar

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11653

This is a simple addon which allows disabling player character's voice. Useful for commanding the team with a speech recognition software, so your character doesn't repeat everything you say to the microphone.

To enable: in main menu go to Player profile and choose "Silent" voice.

It won't work with missions/campaigns overriding player's voice set in the profile.

Required Operation Arrowhead patched to version 1.54.

Since I didn't buy BAF addon, I wasn't able to test it with the DLC.

Arma2 version is here: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8325

Edited by Suchy_

sounds very usefull to me as dwvac-user

gave it a quick spin, and works like a charm!

Thnx! :)

Nice one Suchy I didn't realise you had already made a thread for it :)

Works like a charm (combined ops) , and perfect for voice activation and no "echo" :)

Thanks for sharing Suchy!

/KC

Just thought I would report this now has an issue with the very lates beta (72716) just released :

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=105371

Using this Silent voice profile with vanilla OA combined and the above patch causes this config error at menu start and then no editing of missions etc with this still popping up:

No Entry 'bin/config.bin/CFGVoiceTypes/Silent.alternative'.

You might want to try it with latest beta link above and see whats introduced to cause this to work around it.

BTW previous beta's since this was released have been working fine with it.

Edited by mrcash2009

This works really well.

Unlike the ACE2 version, where you in userconfig could turn all the AI voices on/off, this only turns your player voice off. This means you still get voice comments from your team mates if they spot enemies etc, or when you give them a target they will replay "roger" etc.

Also, similar to ACE2 voice off, all the commands are execute faster when your voice is off because in vanilla, voice on, the AI will wait for there commander, you, to say the full sentence before executing the order.

Really recommend this mod if you are using my voice profile or similar!

Good work. :)

It's working fine,

but there is an error in rpt running the addon

seems that

when running not the addon, but still with the profile silent that results in:

Speaker Silent not found in CfgVoiceTypes

No speaker given, patched to Male01EN

when running the addon, and with profile silent rpt reports:

Conflicting addon CA_DubbingRadio_E in 'ca\dubbingradio_e\', previous definition in 'mute\'

@JojoTheSlayer

still using your profile v205. Just speeded up all the commands a little. It works great!

edit: this was running vanilla, combined, and no other addons; haven't tried beta

Edited by Birdseye

@JojoTheSlayer

still using your profile v205. Just speeded up all the commands a little. It works great!

Thx :)

@Birdseye

It's working fine,

Under what conditions? Standalone, Combined, with the very latest beta?

I only ask as I would expect most to get the same as I tested it vanilla ok, beta as of yesterday and earlier, fine, this beta today ... config error, is anyone else seeing this with it on the latest beta?

OK, I may need some help on this one.

After installing latest beta, first error appears when choosing Silent profile - preview for Silent voice type (in CfgVoiceTypes) is required. I assigned empty string and it helped. Later when loading missions I got an error that "alternative" is required for this voice type. The problem is that whatever other voice type I assign there, it will be chosen instead of Silent. If I set it to empty string, a default voice will be used. Any ideas?

This is my CfgVoiceTypes:

class CfgVoiceTypes {
class NoVoice{ };
class Silent{
	name="Silent";
	voices[] = {"Mute"};
	preview="";
	alternative=Male05;
};

class Male01 {
	name = "$STR_CfgVoiceTypes_Male01_";
	voices[] = {"Male01EN", "Male01TK", "Male01RU", "Male01CZ", "Female01EN", "Female01RU", "Female01CZ", "Female01EN_EP1", "Female01TK_EP1"};
};
       (...)
};

In this case Male05 voice will be used in game, instead of silent... Assigning alternative to Silent makes the game hang up in an infinite loop when loading a mission.

Edited by Suchy_

As you know I was very flakey on the PM with getting it to work initially.

Have you tried it so that it actually doesn't give a silent option but literally "replaces" one of the voice configs of the main voices and see what it does?

IE not using a new class and naming it an existing voice class, then alternative = silent?

Not sure how to word it to be honest.

I tried it, but doesn't work at all. Any changes in existing voice types are ignored.

The original voice types don't have defined alternatives, at least not in CfgVoiceTypes.

Alright, what about another approach,

no more changing the profile speaker.

simply removing all .ogg links, like

class RadioProtocolBase;

class RadioProtocol_EP1_EN: RadioProtocolBase

{

class Words

{

micOut[] = {};

micOut1[] = {};

micOut2[] = {};

micOut3[] = {};

etc.

It reduces the size of the addon to a minimum

http://www.mediafire.com/file/6c0ojs068c2czha/mute_voice.pbo

Yup, I tried this. The problem is that it disables all voices, including team members. The point of my addon was to only disable player's voice while leaving AI replies intact.

I don't know why the alternative voice is always chosen. I assume I may have something wrong in CfgVoice, currently it looks like this:

class CfgVoice {
voices[] = {"Male01EN", "Male02EN", "Male03EN", "Male04EN", "Male05EN", "Male01TK", "Male02TK", "Male03TK", "Male04TK", "Male05TK", "Female01EN_EP1", "Female01TK_EP1", "Male01EN", "Male01RU", "Male01CZ", "Male02EN", "Male02RU", "Male02CZ", "Male03EN", "Male03RU", "Male03CZ", "Male04EN", "Male04RU", "Male04CZ", "Male05EN", "Male05RU", "Male05CZ", "Female01EN", "Female01RU", "Female01CZ", "Female02EN", "Female02RU", "Female02CZ", "Female03EN", "Female03RU", "Female03CZ", "Mute"};
preview = "default\combat\CS_FireInTheHoleE.ogg";
voicePlayer = "Male02EN";

class Base {
	variants[] = {0.95, 1.0, 1.05};
};

class EN : Base {
	protocol = "RadioProtocol_EP1_EN";
	identityTypes[] = {"default", "Head_USMC", "Head_USMC_CO", "Head_USMC_Camo", "Head_USMC_CO_Camo", "Head_Default", "Head_Special", "Language_EN_EP1"};
};

class TK : Base {
	protocol = "RadioProtocol_EP1_TK";
	identityTypes[] = {"Language_TK_EP1"};
};

class Mute {
	protocol = "RadioProtocolMute";
	directories[] = {"\Mute\", "\Mute\"};
	identityTypes[] = {"default", "Head_USMC", "Head_USMC_CO", "Head_USMC_Camo", "Head_USMC_CO_Camo", "Head_Default", "Head_Special", "Language_EN_EP1", "Language_TK_EP1", "Head_RU", "Head_RU_CO", "Head_RU_Camo", "Head_RU_CO_Camo", "Head_INS", "Head_INS_Camo", "Language_RU", "Head_CDF", "Head_CDF_CO", "Head_CDF_Camo", "Head_CDF_CO_Camo", "Head_GUE", "Head_GUE_Camo", "Language_CZ"};		
};

class Male01EN : EN {
	directories[] = {"\ca\dubbingradio_e\RADIO\Male01EN\", "\ca\dubbingradio_e\RADIO\Male01EN\"};
};
(...)
};

The wierd thing is that if I select Mute as a preview voice in CfgVoiceTypes, it's indeed silent in user profile. Alternative is chosen when loading mission.

RadioProtocolMute is the same as RadioProtocol_EP1_EN, except all links to .ogg are removed.

Edited by Suchy_

Everything works fine for me, but I dont have the beta patch.

Hope you wont give up on this because I am really enjoying it :).

Perhaps not to worry too much about beta-compatibility, as it indeed works with vanilla. Just wait for het next official patch.

There are maybe a few, although not the same, which could give some insight in the config.

mapfact reduced voices 1.02 for arma2, and going back in time, voice_quiet for arma and @rugsdai

One thing for sure, when using voicecommand, it's just a must have to play!

Thanks Suchy for this little gem!

Glad you've been able to get it to work with v1.54

:)

Nice to see the first issue was solved.

I didn't test it with the BAF DLC, as I don't have it.

Technically everyone has the BAF stuff if they have OA, but you need the DLC to have the high res ones (includes high quality voices, but you should hear them on the light version as well in crappy sounds.). Just go into the editor and select Blufor, BAF (Faction) and something.

The bad news, however, is that while it works for vanilla old it dosent work for the BAF Uk forces.

I get an error starting regular ArmA2 (no OA, no BAF)

Addon "CA_DubbingRadio_E" requires addon "CA_E"

What did I do wrong?

And then it says (when editing the profile) "No Entry bin\config.bin/CfgVoiceTypes/NoVoice.Name/"

Edited by Spamurai