Sign in to follow this  
mosh

[SP] Penetration of Takistan (Combined Ops)

Penetration of Takistan

version 1.3

by Mosh

Tgdci0AbY4Q

SP Mission using Armed Assault II Combined Operations + BAF + PMC DLC

No unofficial addons required

most recent version

UPDATE 01/26/2011

-version 1.3

-now with three versions... play as PMC, BAF, or US

-removed most computer generated voices and replaced with my own... first time voice acting :)

-fixed some scripts

-removed UNA targets script, added ei8ght FOB with weapon range

UPDATE 11/08/2010

-version 1.1

-fixed some scripts

-added UNA targets script by Walker001 for trying out various weapons

UPDATE 11/06/2010

- BAF weapons and vehicles added

- now play as either UK or US

- added AC-130 script by LurchiDerLurch

This is a search and destroy missions involving six objectives. You are the leader of a 10 man squad.

1. Kill 5 AA infantry
  2. Destroy a scud
  3. Kill a warlord
  4. Locate and destroy a shilka
  5. Locate and kill Colonel Aziz
  6. Harvest a sample of the warlord's crop

This is a large scale mission. It uses most of the Takistan map. I like to fly and drive the various vehicles BIS has given us. Obviously the firepower provided is overkill but you have the option to use as little or as much as you want. If you like small maps and few vehicles, please don't even bother with this.

DISCLAIMER

This is just something I've been messing around with for the last few weeks while trying to learn scripting. I had no intention on releasing it but I think some might find it amusing so here you go. Some of the spawns are random for re playability.

This was meant for fun, for me, and realism and military accuracy are not my strong points (nor were they even attempted on this one). I wanted to test my creativity and this is what I came up with. For you critics out there, please understand this mission was originally meant to test out various scripts people shared on the forums. I would love some constructive criticism on way the mission is presented (scripts, briefing, etc) but please don't bash me for my odd storyline... :rolleyes:

PLEASE USE SPOILERS if you need to point anything out that might be a surprise for someone who hasn't played yet. Thanks.

This is my first release of a mission so be gentle.

KNOWN BUGS

Hopefully none. The only issue I see arising is with tasks and team switching. It's working now as good as I can get it (tasks update for leader regardless of team member being used but only show for leader), but we'll see if that can't be improved.

The only thing in the report file related to this mission (I use the beta exe and it gives a few errors on it's own as far as I know) was something about a uaz (maybe beta related?) and my overview.html (Error in HTML file ca\ui\data\dtaext\mymissions\overview.html Context 4).

I used -showScriptErrors also and nothing wrong there.

FUTURE PLANS

I plan on squashing bugs and adding more stuff. I wanted to keep the jukebox module in, but decided to take it out due to it overpowering a few of my sounds. If you want music, do what I do and throw all the music from OFP, ARMA 1 and 2, and OA into a folder and let Winamp shuffle it. That way you can play it a little quieter and still enjoy my sound effects.

I do have a version with more toys (mostly planes like the F16, F14, B-52, Typhoon, etc) and some more scripts (AC-130, Medivac, UAVs, artillery, etc). I will release that soon also in this thread.

This was also originally supposed to be MP compatible, but I got really frustrated with some things, so for now it's SP only. I will continue with the MP version too when I learn some more.

An OA only version is also in the works, but not a priority to me right now due to several key changes that would have to be made.

THANKS

Thanks to everyone who has shared their knowledge on the BI Forums... people like Celery, W0lle, Kylania, [GLT]Myke, [sbs]mac, shk, Tophe, Big Dawg KS, JW Custom, to name just a few. The help you all provide is appreciated so much. Most of theses scripts were created and shared by someone else... the broken ones are mine. And yes, the search button works, I didn't have to post once to get an answer for all the problems I had with this mission. Seriously, thanks guys. :)

Also, thanks to all the Arma news/fan sites (armaholic.com, ofpec.com, armedassault.info, and many more) for their forums, their resources, and everything else they provide.

And most importantly thanks to BIS for providing me with hours days weeks years of entertainment!

VERSION HISTORY

-version 1.3 - removed UNA targets script, added ei8ght FOB with weapon range, fixed some scripts, removed most computer generated voices and replaced with my own... first time voice acting :)

-version 1.2 - -now with three versions (play as PMC, BAF, or US), scud launches (hopefully) nukes if things go bad

-version 1.1 - added UNA targets script by Walker001, fixed some scripts

-version 1.0 - added UK version

-BETA .92 - added BAF weapons and vehicles, added AC-130 script by LurchiDerLurch

-BETA .91 - added trigger i forgot, minor script adjustments, changed a couple waypoint types

-BETA .90 - release

With all that being said, I hope someone out there has fun with this.

mission last updated 01/26/2011 4:20 PM CST

Edited by Mosh
more stuff

UPDATE 11/06/2010

- BAF weapons and vehicles added

- now play as either UK or US

- added AC-130 script by LurchiDerLurch

Thanks Marko, first post updated with download info. :)

just played and there is a bug of some kind.

flying the A10 you cannot lock on the targets.

the hellfire missles fall short.

same effect on the other aircraft aswell.

I haven't been able to lock on with planes for awhile, in any mission... but I'll definitely look into it. I don't fly much so I never tried to figure it out.

EDIT - I was able to lock on with AGMs in A-10, but not as easily as before. I wasn't using any mods for this test.

Also, new version has been uploaded. I fixed a few scripts and added a target range.

UPDATE 11/08/2010

-version 1.1

-fixed some scripts

-added UNA targets script by Walker001 for trying out various weapons

Edited by Mosh
typos

still messing around with this one... :cool:

UPDATE 01/26/2011

-version 1.3

-now with three versions... play as PMC, BAF, or US

-removed most computer generated voices and replaced with my own... first time voice acting :)

-fixed some scripts

-removed UNA targets script, added ei8ght FOB with weapon range

hello,

I completed all the task, but never got a task completed after killing Colonel Aziz (killed him after he arrived to the crops). Then I was stuck at the "protect UN officier" task, no attack came, and the officer only said something about why the UN was in Takistan. I trigger didn't work somewhere.

hello,

I completed all the task, but never got a task completed after killing Colonel Aziz (killed him after he arrived to the crops). Then I was stuck at the "protect UN officier" task, no attack came, and the officer only said something about why the UN was in Takistan. I trigger didn't work somewhere.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll look into that and fix for next version. :)

A lot of the scripts and triggers, if not all, need to be reworked. I've learned a lot since I started this mission. Next version will have SP, COOP, ACE/non ACE versions as well.