Sign in to follow this  
Nordin

SAM / Nordin addons

Nordin,

You are a star ! Just in time for Sundays OP. Thanks mate.

Hi Nordin,

It's a really nice script.

But I see no update for the mapfix for new island like Lingor, Tora bora, isola di capraia ....

What's the method to update the "mapfix"?

Hi Nordin,

It's a really nice script.

But I see no update for the mapfix for new island like Lingor, Tora bora, isola di capraia ....

What's the method to update the "mapfix"?

Some (most) maps have a inverted North/South axis. If the axis is ok (looks like the OA maps) then SAM Support should work ok.

To fix a map to work with my script, calculate the hight of the map and find the map name (as shown in config) in sam_mapfix variable in sam_support_init.sqf.

Example:

{case "ibr_isladuala": {10240};

To fix a map to work with my script, calculate the hight of the map and find the map name (as shown in config) in sam_mapfix variable in sam_support_init.sqf.

Example:

{case "ibr_isladuala": {10240};

Sorry but how do I find the name of the config?

:j:

thanks

Will take a look at the maps and update my sqf this weekend....

Will take a look at the maps and update my sqf this weekend....

I think I found the name of the config "Ibr_Lingor".

But I have an error, artillery can't hit target pos.

I put two FDT D30 and I synchronise them with artillery modul name ripper2.

And again thanks for your effort. ;)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7655592/mina%20relaser/sam_support_init.sqf

Updated for Capri. Torabora and Lingor works perfect with SAM support.

Make sure that the battery is in range and so on.

Looks like some of the new maps uses OA standard and SAM support works with all maps with OA grid system.

Thanks, :yay:

In the sam support, i notice that you can request a UAV but I don't see anyting In the mission or in the readme on this.

Is it not implemented yet ?

Well Im new to this and I have no clue how to add this script to my ArmA 2 OA mission. I tryed everything I could think of and I have been working on the for 2 days now, I want this to be over already so I can actually use this thing. So please someone walk me through this.

First off, love the script, I like that you have to work for your CAS, it's not just click and boom.

However, I am having issues when calling for warthog; It seems when I call for a strafe run, they drop artillery, rather than strafing runs. And it seems none of the required ordnance is loaded...

is this something I need to change in a SQF file?

Thanks,

Morphine.

Send me your mission so that I can take a look and see whats wrong.

Works fine in MP.

Small update will come this weekend with new readme and some small fixes.

Sweet!

Another question, I got the strafe function to work! Is this supposed to strafe with the A-10's 30mm? The strafe run I just used only deployed heavy ordnance.

Another question, thus far, testing all other fire mission types, I have yet to need opfor out there. Is it required for the GAU(30mm) to be employed?

Thanks!

Nordin,

Lurch has updated AC-130 to 0.7.........tested but fails on cfgsounds.hpp when used with your script.

Looking inside he has restructured a great deal of stuff, will take some work to get this running alongside your superb script.

Also running into issues getting the planes starting on the ground to take target coords using the demo mission. Doesn't matter if I put them on station or give them a CAS call they're going to position 0,0. Adding the approach distance gets them to at least read the player's position like it should and they'll at least pass by; but they're using the area as a waypoint to get to 0,0.

Tried looking into the SQF files but as everything is all over the place was having a hard time trying to find where the target position is read and passed to the CAS.

Using any type of support request with infantry as the target. Helicopters are the same way, will take your call and move to 0,0.

Will test further; may have found the problem at least with the CAS calls.

EDIT: Found the issue with the CAS calls at least with regards to the A-10. Undefined type in "Foot Mobiles". Put the call in with type "truck" and the A-10 loiters as it should and engages infantry in the area. However timer function is breaking as the A-10 loiters indefinitely instead of the 3 minutes like it should. Also trying to have it RTB via the support console gives the "Warthog 12 is not in the air" message when it rather obviously is.

EDIT #2: AC-130 is created at position 0,0 also. Calling in the rotary wing attack helo gives it the waypoint 0,0 also no matter the input from the user. AC-130 ignores move requests (i.e. attack position x,y from its starting position 0,0 and it doesn't move at all; continues circling position 0,0)

EDIT #3: Disregard all of the above. All symptoms of low server FPS.

Edited by Shad0wCatcher

Anybody having issues getting artillery to work in the example mission that was provided with the script/addon? when i put all the info down and select munitions and all that and press SEND button... nothing happens, no messages no nothing.

Also im having problems using this in my own mission, i've put this in my description.ext #include "sam_support\GUI\Common.hpp"

#include "sam_support\GUI\artillery.hpp"

and in the init.sqf file i've put this [] execVM "sam_support\sam_support_init.sqf";

but i cant even get the dialogue to show up, what am i doing wrong? is there something else that i should add in the init and description files?

@Ville You will have to setup the sam_support_init file to make the dialog show and the batteries to work.

@ UGLY58, if the only thing that show is cfgsound.hpp check that he hasnt moved the file to another place or renamed it in the the 0.7 version.

@ Shadow, a low FPS server will make the script to strange things and my script eats some FPS aswell.

Yea Nordin; noticed. Yours doesn't eat much though far as overhead goes. I was just taxing the hell out of our server with one of my missions and was hitting the queue wall for scripts. Thanks for the excellent scripts though. Makes my missions much more enjoyable :)

Thanks for clearing that up Nordin! but how i do that, or should i just give up at this point? :P

Edited by Ville89

Ville, make sure you have a fairly beefy rig to preview the mission. Even mine slows way the hell down (quad core @ 3 ghz per core / 570GTX / 8 gigs of ram and raptor HDDs). You may be running into the issue I was having on our dedicated server where you're getting script lag. If you can try to call in air support in the example mission (just input your exact coords that're shown in the support console; if the air support goes to 0,0 your SP 'virtual server' is lagging too much.

Also regarding artillery; you don't need E/N coords as it works via polar calls. i.e. direction/distance + zulu (height difference between you and your target).

So long as you haven't changed anything in the example mission everything works out of the box.