Sign in to follow this  
Nordin

SAM / Nordin addons

Thanks for clearing that up Nordin! but how i do that, or should i just give up at this point? :P

You can change that file by your self, open the SAM support folder and then open sam_support_init.sqf. That is the file where you change names, firesupport missions, type of missions and so on....quite easy to understand whats what and what to change.

@Shad0wCatcher

I tried requesting A-10 and it came to the target area without any problems.

@Nordin

Okay thanks, got to check it out :)

Nordin, i've been playing with SAM supoprt for a while now and first i just wanna say that it is an amazing piece of work, well done!

Something i've noticed that would come in useful is a Medevac feature. I've had a quick go myself, basically i added a MASH and some medical supplies to the FRAP option, i put a small support team into the chinook but i couldn't get them to get out! But i was thinking maybe a fully intergrated feature would be possible...

Something like having a medevac team on standby at the main airfield that gets into the selected transport and moves to the desired target area just like the transport options when the Medevac sub-option is selected. Then are dropped off and establish a med station, or something similar i'm not quite certain about the actual workings of a medevac mission.

One more, but probably less realistic feature is the ability to call for equipment to be dropped off (Static weapons, vehicles etc) Another variation on the transport option, you could select the equipment you needed, this is then loaded or slung under the selected helo, and finally delivered to the desired target area... again, i've had a go at this myself but my noob knowledge of scripting means i've failed. Lots.

Everything else about your module is incredible, i think this would compliment it well

Edited by Killy_McMurder

Hi,

Is there a method to limit the "Sam Support" to the player who carry the radio?

I know there are the ACE function "_onTheAir = [bOB] call ACE_fnc_HasRadio;" but I don't know how to implement it.

Thanks

Aze

Nordin,

I have a clash between Bon`s Resupply Script and your Script being that both use a common.hpp. As do all Bon`s scripts.

Is it possible to rename your common.hpp so that the clash is removed ?

Sorry I don`t have the smarts to do that...hope you can help

Nice addon. It works well on my Dedicated server not like most of the others.

Iam trying to add other Islands like fallujah. Can get all of it to work but the CAS. They go to wrong location. Any suggestions?

Warts

My bad Updated to latest version.

Edited by Warts

I was wondering if anyone had an update for Fallujah v1.2 and SAM Support - it seems that the map coords have changed again.

I tried editing the sam_support_init.sqf and the client.sqf but the GPS north position is always off.

hi,

some Questions.

1st: this works only at Takistan ? I try it at "Desert" Map ond have no own Coordinates ?

2nd: what i must enter at Terget Position E/N ? where i can get this values ?

3rd and last: i must place the Arti Bat`s and Planes and so on at Map and what i must enter for own Planes, Class name or or Unit Name from Editor ?

THX in advance

Edited by Thunder666

1. I know that the SAM Support script supports Chernarus, Utes, Takistan, Isla Duala, and Fallujah. Apart from that I'm not sure (I'll try and test it a bit later). Are you sure you copied over all the scripts and assigned yourself as a soldier that had a GPS unit? If your unit has no GPS, then the current location will not automatically be entered.

Edit:

Just tested the desert map and all was fine. If the 'Your Position' details are not visible, then make sure your soldier has a GPS unit. I can send a copy of the test files if you'd like.

2. The target position is the East/North coordinates of the thing you're trying to hit with Artillery or CAS, or where you want your Transport. You'll need to work it out from the coordinates on the map.

3. When you place the artillery pieces or planes for CAS/Transport make sure to give them a name in the editor, and a helipad as a base. In the "sam_support/sam_support_init.sqf" file give them the same name:

//CAS
//Callsigns and units for CAS ["Displayname", unitname, helipad assigned to heli]
sam_cas = [["Crazyhorse",Crazyhorse,h1],["Digger",a10,h1]];

In this example the displayname is the name that the aircraft sends back over the 'radio' when you send it a mission, the unitname is the actual name from the editor, and the helipad is the name of the invisible helipad that you've set out as the home base for the aircraft.

Edited by Wilf55
Testing completed

What's the deal with the coordinates on Chernarus?

Easting if fine, but Northing is WRONG.

GPS shows 0473 8759 which also correctly matches with MAP

In the SAM window it shows 02959.

First thing is I had to uncomment and add the fix numbers but that still didn't fix it, and the 15360 correction makes no sense.

I tried to give it a different number by subtracting SAM indicated from the GPS but it's still not right.

Edited by wyskass

New beta addon released, information in the first post.

Awesome! Thank you so much for releasing it on its own. Can't wait to start using this! ^^

Howdy,

tried the Gustav MP loading on a dedi and hosted game. every time we loaded a round, the round left the loaders inventory but the launcher did not appear to be loaded.

also noticed the option to load HEAT rounds did not come up.

Sweet concept!! cant wait to get it working!

how do you work out map height, i would like to use Favslev map. ran in to a problem when i called in a pick up and the helo over flew the HLS and and strait into a wind turbine lol.

how do you work out map height, i would like to use Favslev map. ran in to a problem when i called in a pick up and the helo over flew the HLS and and strait into a wind turbine lol.

SAM / Nordin addons tropic :D

@RavenDK thanks i had a another look, and to be honest i knew it was something i did wrong. thks for the help now got it to work :yay:

case "favslev": {10240;};

Edited by Cabbagebasher!

Hi Nordin,

thank you for for your SAM Support script it is really great! :D

I have a question related to the UAV part. When I call the UAV I have the option to fire hellfire's via map click, now I would like to disable that because I want th UAV to be for recon only. How can I accomplish that? Thank you!

Hey, has anyone been able to figure out a respawn script for the SAM support units. It would be nice in case an aircraft gerts taken out for example.

PB

hi to all... i need to add 2nd user for the artillery support.

//Users
sam_support_users = [test];

how can i add one more user named test1?

is this possible?

great job nordin !!

Also i need to know how to adjust my island grid because west target positions is wrong (artillery hits far away from target, i dont know where....) .

---------- Post added at 15:30 ---------- Previous post was at 15:24 ----------

Hey, has anyone been able to figure out a respawn script for the SAM support units. It would be nice in case an aircraft gerts taken out for example.

PB

i try to respawn the transport helis . The heli spauned again , but after that no communication with the unit. i think that they need init again with the sam support. the only solution right now to have the support units forever, is to put on init line of each vehicle

this allowDamage false

//Users

sam_support_users = [test, test1, test3];

You can add as many users as you want to.

In this

sam_mapfix = switch (worldName) do {case "ibr_isladuala": {10240}; case "fallujah": {10240;}; default {0};};

Add: case "name_of_island":{withOfIsland;}