Sign in to follow this  
Nordin

SAM / Nordin addons

Nice to hear!

I can add a "target area" variable in the init that controls the area around the target area where the planes and helis are allowed to engage. Will try to add this in my next big update.

On station has been requested before so I will take a look and see what I can do.

Your 3d point will take a lot of time and with the AI behind the wheel everything can happen, my attackhelis are to stubborn and will engage my "laser" targets for the aircraft even though they should not and its a 50/50 that your plane drops the bomb on the first flyby....AI random. The hardest part is to keep the script mp functional so I want to keep the user commands at a minimum after you hit send....

Will take your last feedback in consideration but dont hope to much!

Hey Guys I do have a problem to get this SAM Support thing to work. Eberytime I try to put this into my Domination I get a failure saying "Resource sam_support not found" When im trying to open the GTAC in the action menu. I followed the Installation steps from the pdf and I also put the sam support folder into my missions folder where is the problem?

I missed that step. You will have to add:

#include "sam_support\GUI\Common.hpp"

#include "sam_support\GUI\artillery.hpp"

in your description.ext

Ok I figured it out but how do I get the AC-130 to work? I requested it but it seems that its just not appearing.

Edited by Bootstomp

first i wanna say awesome work bro, but when i run the demo mission i get an error that says sam_safds\pics\any.jpg not found.

great stuff this support pack

very effective & not easy to call (i mean as easy as a map click) wich i like as in RL you need to send coordinates and locations to base or the supporting units

so this definitly deserves a 8 out of 10 (due to CBU only working with ACE wich i dont use) (yessss yet an other NON ACE user :p :p :p)

Working on 1.0 version.

New futures: On station and Approach point

Support for AV8B, F35

Bug fixes for artillery and transport helis

first i wanna say awesome work bro, but when i run the demo mission i get an error that says sam_safds\pics\any.jpg not found.

Redownload the file and if the problem still there afterwards contact me again.

Fist I wanna say this is a really great addon, really trains my speed of mapreading and estimate coordinates.

Only had a few questions.

Can you make it so the aircrafts will spawn flying like the AC-130? Maybe a few clicks away so they can fly in but this will make it a lot simpler to make missions and make it good to use on small maps.

How can I make te laser munitions work? laser munitions from CAS and ARTY wont home in on my marker.

Thank you for this great addon!

Spawn is out of the question, but I will allow on station aircraft with a realistic touch and a version where you can use same "loadout" scripts as for ground CAS.

For laser guided munitions, just lase when you are commanded to lase with the arty and with CAS choose LGB and wait for "xxx entering target area", then lase.

can i use any addon plane for the air support or does it need to be a A10 ?

already found out !!!

when using the GLT F16 addon the plane neatly arives on the scene but giving the enemy a bomb or two is to hard to accomplish for the pilots (they spend several million to train these guys and still they cant drop a bomb :P )

Edited by supergruntsb78

heya. just outa curiousity, i found a radio chatter from the end credits of Generation Kill episode 2. The chatter refers an artillery mission being called in, and I wanted to know if i can impliment it into the SAM module when i call in artillery, to add more immersion. I know what they say in the radio chatter and the fire mission i send in Arma2 will obviously be different, but i wont care, would just be cool to hear something while i wait for the artillery to come raining in.

How do I go about doing that? Ive gone as far as to download and edit the audio clip, and i assume all i need to do is place it in the sam_support folder and attach a script to initiate it. How do I link the sound to once the artillery is recieved and being called in? (pretty much when global chatter says "firemission recieved")

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7655592/mina%20relaser/SAM_support_v95.Takistan.zip

Updated SAM Support

A lot of new features added!

Includes LDL_Ac130, demo mission and instructions.

@Wire in client.sqf, scroll down to artillery and then search for //Messages.

Lines following //Messages controls global chat.

Then add http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/playSound after firemission received and setup your sound file in description.ext.

I haven't tested but checked here and the PDF but couldnt see it ...

Is there a script way we can disable certain support features, so in a mission for example you can only have the option of Artillery? Or .. have I missed the glaringly obvious? Is this the "include" options in Description file?

Edited by mrcash2009

Oh I forgot to add the init part to the pdf. There is a initfil in the SAM_support folder that you use to customize the script.

sam_support_init.sqf, I think that the commented parts will explain how to do.

I hope it's not a repost

but I have a few questions:

1. Can you change the max limit of each support?

I think the default has max of 5 fire missions

2.What does Firefly do? it always say not carrying proper munitions

3. What's Zulu means in the fire mission?

You can change the settings i sam_support_init.sqf in the SAM_support folder.

Firefly can drop bombs and LGB....you will have to change the load out manually or try with another aircraft type.

Z = The hight difference between the caller in the target in meter. (this only makes a difference when you use distance and direction to call for artillery.)

This is excellent. I've had a play about but am a little confused what I need to type into the Distance and Direction fields.

Distance - Is this the distance to target from myself? I presume you type numerical data here?

Direction - Im not sure what I would type in here. Compass direction, Map Grid Reference?

What would I use these options for? CAS approach?

Distance and direction could be used for either to call for artillery, distance and direction to target or to give CAS a approach point, distance and direction from target to the approach point.

Distance in meter and compass direction. This data will be converted to a grid on your map and is much more handier to use in quick situations....or when swaging.

Thank you. How do I type North West, South East etc?

I have typed North East and it only recognises the first word 'North'.

---------- Post added at 07:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 PM ----------

Just worked out you can use the 'degrees' on the compass for a more accurate direction.

Would it be possible to get SAM Support working with the grid system on Chernarus? Would be truly awesome!

Edited by pre-Vet

Nordin,

Awesome script. I dropped in LDL 0.6 runs without a hitch.

One question - How do i restrict the amount of times or frequency of the call for support.

I see "sam_AC130_calls = 1"; but this allows me to call it more than once. I presume it means one in the air at each time ?

"sam_artymission_delay = 10;" I presume means the delay to respond to calls.

Would be a nice feature to limit the use of this excellent script, maybe limit frequency of support, amount of times it could be called per mission or limited ammunition ?

Nordin,

Can`t seem to get the grids working on Chernarus.

I see your worldname code but it dosen`t seem to do the trick, any ideas ?

Nordin,

Awesome script. I dropped in LDL 0.6 runs without a hitch.

One question - How do i restrict the amount of times or frequency of the call for support.

I see "sam_AC130_calls = 1"; but this allows me to call it more than once. I presume it means one in the air at each time ?

Would be a nice feature to limit the use of this excellent script, maybe limit frequency of support, amount of times it could be called per mission or limited ammunition ?

Sorry for a late response:

This will fix Chernu and Utes:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7655592/mina%20relaser/sam_support_init.sqf

//

Yes thats correct +- a random time.