Nordin

SAM / Nordin addons

SAM GRG System Public Beta

*Req. ACE and CBA, I will not convert this addon to work without ACE*

Singed with v.2 keys, key included

samgrg.jpg

New version 121010

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/7655592/sam_grg_system_standalone.rar

This is a addon that allows you to do two things.

1. Singelplayer: New rockets for the Carl Gustav (MAAWS). HE with airburst, smoke and illumination.

2. Multiplayer. As above and a optional buddy reload system.

To use:

Singelplayer:

1. Airburst: Load a FV441 and press the self interaction key. Press the "Set fuse" menu, use the + and - to set range and press the "rangenumbers" to confirm. Aim over your target. Fire.

2. Smoke and illum: Use smoke as any normal HEAT or HE. Aim really really high with the illumrocket.

Multiplayer:

1. To use the full system (buddy reload) place the SAM GRG System module (Found under modules in the editor) on the map. This will disable the self interaction menu option.

2. A video that should explain how to use it.

The rockets have to be in the loaders inventory, not in a backpack.

A ammobox is available in the ACE Ammunition menu in the editor (SAM MAAWS box).

This is a public beta, if you find a error or have a suggestion please post it here.

Classes

sam_grg_heat = FFV551 HEAT

sam_grg_he = FFV441 HE (with airburst)

sam_grg_smoke = FFV469 Smoke

sam_grg_illum = FFV545 Illum

Thanks to:

SAM team

SSG Clan (Special thanks to Carlbark and Rigge for the Youtube clip.)

ACE

The community

BIS

granQ

and a lot of other people.

Old stuff...

Old stuff no longer supported

SAM Support BETA

arma2oa%202010-10-10%2008-59-25-25.jpg

GUI for requesting support. CAS, Art, Transport, AC130, UAV.

To change the support types, call sings and other things go

to sam_support_init.sqf in sam_support folder, the init file should be quite self explaining.

ReadMe inside the file. BETA stage so please send feedback.

Dedicated server...works = )

SAM Support required addons:

-ACE and ACE X

Old relase

SAM Support

New release with most request implemented, ACE version only

On station aircraft, support for all vanilla Arma west planes, approach point and more....

SAM support RC 0.95

No ACE version, limted functions (Precise attack, no CVU)

No ACE

SAM Hand signals

Gives you access to hand signal animations in ArmA 2 and OA.

All animations are allready in game so no need for servers or other clients to have this addon.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7655592/sam_handsignals.zip

Standard BIS animations, so don't blame me for how they look :D

SAM SAFDS

Small arms fire detection system (SAFDS) are based on BBN BOOMERANG.

SAFDS calculates the shooters position by analizing the sound from the

rifle and bullet. SAFDS works both on soldiers and vehicles.

My systemspecs are based on a 2007 BOOMERANG system.

New script version that works fine in MP.

Bugreports and feedback in this thread.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7655592/mina%20relaser/samsafds_demo_script.Takistan.zip

Armaholic mirror (big thanks):

- SAM Hand Signals

- SAM SAFDS (Small arms fire detection system)

- SAM Support ACE

Required addons:

- Community Base addons

SAM Support required addons:

-ACE and ACE X

Edited by Nordin
New releases

really like the safds.

maybe we will see somthing similar in the future:

:)

i really love the hand signals !

EDIT : i have a bug with hand signals , they don't work in server. i try it in solo and no problem but when i go in server it work one time but after nothing

Edited by M1n1d0u

Hmm ok. Are you hosting or did you join a dedicated server?

Cant reproduce the problem.....when I am hosting or on the SSG dedicated server.

hum it's correct i can't reproduce ... sorry i don't know what is the bug but sometimes it doesn't work

I cant help but think that the safds is a bit like cheating.

You say a known issue is that it doesnt work in PVP. You should make it so it doesnt work at all in pvp

It is all up to the missionmaker to decide when to use SAFDS....

This is just a simulation of a thing that actually used in theater.

I give the tool but I dont decide how people gonna use it.

---------- Post added at 03:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 PM ----------

cannot extract SAFDS files, says it is corrupted

New link up!

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 PM ----------

hum it's correct i can't reproduce ... sorry i don't know what is the bug but sometimes it doesn't work

Thanks for telling me anyway. Will take a look at it later and try to whats causing your problem.

I cant help but think that the safds is a bit like cheating.

You say a known issue is that it doesnt work in PVP. You should make it so it doesnt work at all in pvp

Why...

Could you guys post a link to the signed key for the server to go with the bisign?

Beside Number keys, the I've found the hand signals also binded with the the following keys "Q,W,A,S,D,Z", thus cause the inconvenience. And it would be better if these hand signals could binded corresponding voices.

Edited by Lao Fei Mao

Beside Number keys, the I've found the hand signals also binded with the the following keys "Q,W,A,S,D,Z", thus cause the inconvenience. And it would be better if these hand signals could binded corresponding voices.

You have to clear the default input on user action 1-9 otherwise "Q,W,A,S,D,Z" will be binded to the handsignals.

My thinking about voices are a big no, I created handsignals for stealth use so voices would ruin it all.

---------- Post added at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 PM ----------

Could you guys post a link to the signed key for the server to go with the bisign?

New upload as soon as I have time to fix new keys.

Sorry about not thinking before uploading!

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:22 PM ----------

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7655592/sam_handsignals.zip

Handsignals with key.

I tested them and apart from some animation issues, which you probably already know about, I though game wise there could be some smaller issues regarding its use. Considering I am thinking people interested in this would probably play in fps mode realism etc...

Apart from the text message its hard to actually tell when someone is doing the hand signals unless youre look at them just when they execute them. In real life, on night patrol etc, there are allot of "micro noises" people make when they do hand signals or when other people bodily react to them, this with peripheral vision makes a soldier better able to detect them in rl while keeping an eye on there sector.

Ingame however people have tunnel vision in fps mode. Like a horse with blinders on and there is a huge lack of "micro noises" compared to rl. To counter this it might be a sound idea to add some "uniform movement like" noises when the hand signals are done and maybe make them, noise and animations, a bit longer in duration than in real life... If it works well you might even make "Halt" etc text pop up a on/off config option.

Overall though its a neat idea you dont see in many games.

My2cent.

Saying HALT out loud with the hand signal kinda defeats the purpose of using hand signals... Even if you use the Stealth setting voices it would make the hand signals redundant from the get go.

... a bit like cheating.

Compared to what, teamspeak?

Unlike teamspeak or ingame "side chat" voip hand signs could actually tell you what the enemy patrol using hand signs is doing and it might also give you indication if they have spotted you or not... If the first patrol guy walkes and then suddenly stop with a halt sign without indicating a gathering point or similar its a high risk that he has heard or spotted something.

You have no idea of what you are talking about when you call this cheating.

Edited by JojoTheSlayer

The popup is client side, just so you can see what animation you just started. Kind of hard to tell sometimes when pressing a button and then seeing nothing in first person. No hint on other players at all.

We thought about noise but decided on not to add any noise at all. But I will think about it if I can find a good sound file.

don't use sound please ! because if you want sound just send order to other mate with comand menu it work with sound and hand signal

Hi, Im using a steam version of Arma2 and Arma2OA.

Im trying to install this so it would run on combined operations through my steam, but honestly I have no idea how to install this and activate this file. I watched some tutorial on youtube that said I can do this through 'expansions' in my main menu, but after ive placed down the files in the addons folder at

...\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\Addons it gives me this error message whenever i start the game that simple states out the addon name and then nothing happens. I also try looking it up on the custom controls but theres nothing??

Sorry im just new to addons here, could somone tell me how to install this properly?

Thanks.

Sorry, no.

Do not use Steam OA so I dont have that problem at all.....

Options\Controlls\(dropdown menu top of the screen)\ custom controlls

The popup is client side, just so you can see what animation you just started. Kind of hard to tell sometimes when pressing a button and then seeing nothing in first person. No hint on other players at all.

We thought about noise but decided on not to add any noise at all. But I will think about it if I can find a good sound file.

Ah, didnt get that. Well that makes sense.

Having a group of noises where only one of them where played at random might work to remove the effect of the sound(s) to become unrealistically "uniform" (noticeable similar every time for different actions) and breaking the immersion?

don't use sound please ! because if you want sound just send order to other mate with comand menu it work with sound and hand signal

We where not talking about --noise-- in the sense of --voices--.

Nordin has already said there will be no voices linked to the commands.

yeah and i say voices are implement in arma when you send an order you have the radio voices and the hand signal

Can the small arms fire detection system only be used with vehicles (only be used inside a vehicle) or is there a way to use it as an infantryman if so how do you set it up in this manner?