Sign in to follow this  
Kokuto

BattlEye OS Privileges (Need Help)

After getting the Steam copy of ARMA II OA, i tried repeatedly to joint multiplayer games but kept getting the following message.

------

You were kicked off the game (BattlEye : Missing OS privileges (Run game as administrator)

------

I have thus went to checking the various files associated to Arma II OA and BattlEye in the steam folder but it seems they already have the permissions. I'm not sure what else to do from here to correct it.

My OS is of Windows 7, does that present a problem?

Hello and welcome to the forums and playing Arma! There is already a thread about this issue here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=104242 along with help to get it running even on steam. And the game works just fine in Windows 7, what you need to do is change the arma2oa.exe to run as administrator by going to your "<steam>\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead" directory and right-clicking on the file, go to compatibility tab and select the "Run as administrator" tickbox.

Thank you sir, i shall try that and see how it goes. It should definitely solve the issue.