Sign in to follow this  
gossamersolid

Gossamer's Warfare --- Variant of Warfare BE

The following would probably imply a major change but I would really like to see a future version where everyone starts off with pretty much full access to weapons and units but with strictly limited supply for higher tier units/weapons. The obvious catch being that if you're a sloppy player and waste too many units of a kind you will eventually run out them as they won't get replaced no matter the income.

Dunno about other people but I'm getting increasingly sick of the later stages in the game where everything is basically limitless in supply and people get increasingly sloppy with their tactics as a consequence... the usual air quake, rinse and repeat kind of stuff...

Opinions?

The following would probably imply a major change but I would really like to see a future version where everyone starts off with pretty much full access to weapons and units but with strictly limited supply for higher tier units/weapons. The obvious catch being that if you're a sloppy player and waste too many units of a kind you will eventually run out them as they won't get replaced no matter the income.

Dunno about other people but I'm getting increasingly sick of the later stages in the game where everything is basically limitless in supply and people get increasingly sloppy with their tactics as a consequence... the usual air quake, rinse and repeat kind of stuff...

Opinions?

I think tactics get sloppy towards endgame because people are getting tired. Matches go on too long right now, that's the biggest issue.

There's also no way to prevent people from wanting to use aircraft. I think that's a large problem within the player base. People see the air factory and they want aircraft immediately.

as for ideas i have seen someone add a action to a truck that would unpack a FOB i believe he used this for the bases

http://www.armatechsquad.com/ArmA2Class151656165165341654165165165165f/A2/Objects/compositions/

hope that web site works but the idea i had was to buy trucks and have the option to unpack a FOB and use it for a respawn or something like that maybe even get AI to spawn with the base and man guns and go on patrols around the base something like that could that be done ????

as for ideas i have seen someone add a action to a truck that would unpack a FOB i believe he used this for the bases

http://www.armatechsquad.com/ArmA2Class151656165165341654165165165165f/A2/Objects/compositions/

hope that web site works but the idea i had was to buy trucks and have the option to unpack a FOB and use it for a respawn or something like that maybe even get AI to spawn with the base and man guns and go on patrols around the base something like that could that be done ????

I'd love to check that website out, but it says enter the code and the image is broken :p

http://www.armatechsquad.com/ArmA2Class151656165165341654165165165165f/indexA2.php

maybe try this one or

the bases he used r called arma 2 compositions maybe goggle will help u if them links wont work

Do you have an idea of how these "compositions" are to be used? Just via createVehicle or is there a different way?

There's also no way to prevent people from wanting to use aircraft. I think that's a large problem within the player base. People see the air factory and they want aircraft immediately.

Exactly. That's the reason why I would suggest to give everyone access to those damned aircraft right away at the cost of having only a very limited supply of them. Not only is this likely to be more realistic (most modern war scenarios would probably start off with more sophisticated stand-off weapons) but IMHO it would also provide a much more interesting development as the game progresses.

I don't necessarily think that games last for too long. Rather, I can see how you can get that impression as the endgame becomes increasingly boring because of unrealistic amounts of supply and/or fighting a blatantly asymmetric war where the more powerful side is chasing down the proverbial needle in the haystack (aka enemy bases and/or MHQ) for hours on end...

Do you have an idea of how these "compositions" are to be used? Just via createVehicle or is there a different way?

i not sure i will try and find out how he done it and get back to u so do u think it would be a good idea ???

also another thing when u fly a jet for awhile and say u wont to fly a chopper for abit is there away u can stop the unused jet or any of your stuff from blowing up maybe use the lock once u get out of it to stop it from blowing up not sure how this can be done but i find it to be hard to use diff things if i worried they going to blow up if i dont use em anyways ill get back to ya on that other matter

another idea i would like to see is the commander having the ability to build a Evac chopper station were a small base or somthing is made with a chopper attached to it and the squad leaders have the option to call in a evac i have used this and i has worked great

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=106653

it comes with a respawn and the option to call in the chopper when u need it just think it would make a good option for early in the game having a base with a chopper makes it feel abit more real for me anyways

as well as USA solders a basic rifleman with a M4 OR M16

Edited by adamcarolan2290

Won't be working on this stuff for a bit as the RO2 beta is slated to launch today (or soon)

:)

Excellent mission, I enjoy it a lot on public servers! Is there a way to set the parameters in the server.cfg missions stanza? For example I want to enable team swapping on my test server to experiment a bit.

is there anyway to add a save option i like to play SP and its a bitch when u have to keep starting over from the start just a thought

Excellent mission, I enjoy it a lot on public servers! Is there a way to set the parameters in the server.cfg missions stanza? For example I want to enable team swapping on my test server to experiment a bit.

You would make your server.cfg's missions section look something like this:

class Missions
{
class GossamersWarfare   // name for the mission, can be anything
{
	template = "Gossamers_Warfare_v3_04d_CO.Chernarus";	// omit the .pbo suffix
	difficulty = "regular";			// difficulty: recruit, regular, veteran & mercenary as specified in *.Arma2profile
               class Params
               {
                 teamStackPrevent = 0;
               };
};
};

is there anyway to add a save option i like to play SP and its a bitch when u have to keep starting over from the start just a thought

Saving is not supported and probably never will be. This mission is meant to be played on a dedicated server.

Thanks for the answer! I unpacked the mission and found Resources/parameters.hpp by grepping for teamStackPrevent :) Now I need to figure out if I can equip the resistance with US / UK vehicles or assign some cities to the US at start. I've seen this as feature request for 3.05, so I'll probably wait for it :)

Thanks for the answer! I unpacked the mission and found Resources/parameters.hpp by grepping for teamStackPrevent :) Now I need to figure out if I can equip the resistance with US / UK vehicles or assign some cities to the US at start. I've seen this as feature request for 3.05, so I'll probably wait for it :)

For assigning resistance some Bluefor vehicles, you might have issues with the other resistance AI engaging their teammates or Bluefor guys won't target the "resistance" bluefor vehicles. I wouldn't suggest you do this, but if you'd like to try, go into \Server\Config\Config_Resistance.sqf

As for assigning towns, you can either wait for 3.05 or you can get down in dirty in some code and try to get it working :). If you have some knowledge in SQF and some previous experience editting warfare, you should be able to do it.

I'm new to SQF and warfare editing, so I might do things in a stupid way. I couldn't find a way to iterate over all the towns (EDIT: found the find command), so I've placed some code in Common\Init\Init_Location.sqf and Common\Init\Init_Camps.sqf. While assigning the towns works with a delay, I've not succeeded in the camp assignments. The two files are up at http://pastebin.com/ecjSPDAh and http://pastebin.com/SkwhkUR3

I hope there are better ways to find a value in an array in SQF, but I just went with the cost ineffective way of getting started. Problem with the camps is, that most of the time the town does not seem to be initialized and I see:

111/08/07, 14:23:38 "[TeTeT] LOG: SideID of town: <null>"

Maybe it's better to put the side initialization in an own Init file? And then loop over all towns and camps and assign them the side. Further the _Usa and _Rus arrays in Init_Location.sqf should be made global and parameterized, but I've got no idea how. Any suggestions are welcome :)

Edited by TeTeT

Don't have very much spare time these days (Red Orchestra 2 is making me its bitch) so I can't help you, unfortunately!

would it be possible to add a new nation i know it would then need mods to add to it but with all the things out atm for Australian units as i am a Australian i would get a much bigger buzz playing with them units

would it be possible to add a new nation i know it would then need mods to add to it but with all the things out atm for Australian units as i am a Australian i would get a much bigger buzz playing with them units

What Australian units are you using?

Alright, the most simple way to approach this would be to dePBO the mission. Then go to \Common\Config and select the config you want to edit (Config_AircraftFactory.sqf for Air Units, etc).

A standard config looks like this:

_u = _u     + ["AH6J_EP1"];
_d = _d     + ["US Little Bird (Rockets)"];
_c = _c     + [8500];
_m = _m     + [1];
_t = _t     + [40];
_p = _p     + [30];
_z = _z     + [8];

_u = Classname of Unit

_d = Display Name of Unit

_c = Cost of Unit

_m = Crew of Unit (1 - Driver, 2 - Driver + Gunner, 3 - Driver + Gunner + Com)

_t = Time required to build

_p = Points awarded (depricated, but still required)

_z = Upgrade index required (go to either Config_UpgradesBlue.sqf or Config_UpgradesRed.sqf to grab the upgrade index desired. -100 means unlocked to begin with)

Alright, the most simple way to approach this would be to dePBO the mission. Then go to \Common\Config and select the config you want to edit (Config_AircraftFactory.sqf for Air Units, etc).

A standard config looks like this:

_u = _u     + ["AH6J_EP1"];
_d = _d     + ["US Little Bird (Rockets)"];
_c = _c     + [8500];
_m = _m     + [1];
_t = _t     + [40];
_p = _p     + [30];
_z = _z     + [8];

_u = Classname of Unit

_d = Display Name of Unit

_c = Cost of Unit

_m = Crew of Unit (1 - Driver, 2 - Driver + Gunner, 3 - Driver + Gunner + Com)

_t = Time required to build

_p = Points awarded (depricated, but still required)

_z = Upgrade index required (go to either Config_UpgradesBlue.sqf or Config_UpgradesRed.sqf to grab the upgrade index desired. -100 means unlocked to begin with)

ok great but i cant seam to figure out how to depbo

Guys need help. when i play gossamer for red side i can't to build anything grounddeffens.

I have Arma 2 CO (RUS).

And every men who have Arma on russian language can't too.

Can you fix it?