Sign in to follow this  
gossamersolid

Gossamer's Warfare --- Variant of Warfare BE

I'm definetly thinking of doing squad/group spawning, I've had the idea for a bit, but I kinda forgot about it. Thanks for reminding me :)

That is good to hear! :)

And while you're at it: Please also consider a clean-up and/or disassemble function for static engineer weapons/defenses. Besides being a pretty obvious function I have a feeling that currently these objects contribute to the gradual loss in server FPS during longer sessions...

I wasn't planning on making more versions for a bit, but there was somewhat of a renewed interest by a few people, so it has encouraged me to continue working. Plus 3DArtist made some sweet new guis, gotta implement those :)

After playing with a lot of other flavors of CTI/Warfare I always enjoy returning to this version as IMHO it still offers the best balance between freedom on a not too crowded battlefield paired with a straightforward set of game parameters and rules. It kinda suits my style of gameplay as a somewhat "mature" occasional player much better than anything else that's out there.

Keep up the good work!

Edited by daikan

That is good to hear! :)

And while you're at it: Please also consider a clean-up and/or disassemble function for static engineer weapons/defenses. Besides being a pretty obvious function I have a feeling that currently these objects contribute to the gradual loss in server FPS during longer sessions...

Sorry, not sure if I completely understand what's going on here. Please go into further detail of what you mean.

After playing with a lot of other flavors of CTI/Warfare I always enjoy returning to this version as IMHO it still offers the best balance between freedom on a not too crowded battlefield paired with a straightforward set of game parameters and rules. It kinda suits my style of gameplay as a somewhat "mature" occasional player much better than anything else that's out there.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks man, I appreciate it.

Sorry, not sure if I completely understand what's going on here. Please go into further detail of what you mean..

Unless I'm missing something I think as it is now engineer-built static weapons (AT/MG tripods, AA launchers, mortars, etc) can't be disassembled/dismantled/removed once they've been built and will just "decorate" the landscape once they go out of ammo... it's somewhat the same with passive defense installations (walls, fences, nets etc.). It would be nice to be able to remove them the same way they've been built (e.g. to prevent the enemy to use them) and maybe also automatically (in the case of weapons) after being unmanned/depleted over a certain period of time...

I hope I made myself more clear....

I'm definetly thinking of doing squad/group spawning, I've had the idea for a bit, but I kinda forgot about it. Thanks for reminding me :)

I'm trying to think on how the unit switching would work, but I'll probably stick to the group spawn first, then move on.

I wasn't planning on making more versions for a bit, but there was somewhat of a renewed interest by a few people, so it has encouraged me to continue working. Plus 3DArtist made some sweet new guis, gotta implement those :)

Great news Gossamer, i like the "spawn in your own group" idea too.

Unless I'm missing something I think as it is now engineer-built static weapons (AT/MG tripods, AA launchers, mortars, etc) can't be disassembled/dismantled/removed once they've been built and will just "decorate" the landscape once they go out of ammo... it's somewhat the same with passive defense installations (walls, fences, nets etc.). It would be nice to be able to remove them the same way they've been built (e.g. to prevent the enemy to use them) and maybe also automatically (in the case of weapons) after being unmanned/depleted over a certain period of time...

I hope I made myself more clear....

that's definetly more clear. I'll have to think of a good way to handle this.

Announcement:

Gossamer's Warfare is re-entering the ArmA 2 only with the release of ArmA 2 free. Gossamer's Warfare will be fully compatible with the ArmA 2 only players once again.

Also, Gossamer's Warfare will be having a CWR2 package. It will be somewhat of a Pseudo CWR2 package as it will include some units from vanilla that were actually there in or before 1985.

I'll post some screenshots/more info when I have it :)

i have just started playing this and i got to say i love it its all i am playing cant get enough but i cant figure out a few things like calling in air support i guess i cant call it in till i have a air factory or somthing like that i find new thing every time i play it cant believe i only found this now but i would like to find some kinda help for all that is in the mod can anyone point me in the right direction any help would be great and thanks gossamersolid for all your hard work

Hey Adam,

Glad you are enjoying this version of warfare so much. To call in air support, you need the following things:

1) To be the commander

2) To have air support researched

3) Be within a communications tower's range (the green circles on the map)

4) Have an aircraft factory

Then you can select coordinates and call in either Fixed Wing or Rotary Wing. The AI can be stupid sometimes, but these two aircraft are armed to the teeth (compared to the versions players buy) and they are more damage resistant.

Unfortunately there is no real readme/website/help right now. I started writing a webpage for it, but since I don't have much time and things change so much, it was hard to keep up to date. I'm still planning to eventually have this resource available.

Hey Adam,

Glad you are enjoying this version of warfare so much. To call in air support, you need the following things:

1) To be the commander

2) To have air support researched

3) Be within a communications tower's range (the green circles on the map)

4) Have an aircraft factory

Then you can select coordinates and call in either Fixed Wing or Rotary Wing. The AI can be stupid sometimes, but these two aircraft are armed to the teeth (compared to the versions players buy) and they are more damage resistant.

Unfortunately there is no real readme/website/help right now. I started writing a webpage for it, but since I don't have much time and things change so much, it was hard to keep up to date. I'm still planning to eventually have this resource available.

great thanks for the reply ill try to do this tonight

great thanks for the reply ill try to do this tonight

ok i just had about a 9hr day of just playing this mod i dont think i moved had about 4 diff pll join and it was the most fun ive had on arma ever but as i asked before with the air support i got the option to call it in but nothing came i dont know what i did wrong??

but thats the only thing i have bad to say about it love this and will keep playing for many months to come great work mate :yay::yay:

Did it say something in the hint area (top right) or give an error?

Did it say something in the hint area (top right) or give an error?

not that i can remember but ill be playing again tonight so ill check it again then

something else that going on is that a few times now me and a friend have not bin abil to get the HQ to mobilize woh ever is trying to move it is the commander so any ideas ??

Edited by adamcarolan2290

any one have the problem of the HQ not packing up ?? i lost the construction option 2

What is the server's FPS when this occurs?

its holds at around 40 some times it drops to round 10 but then goes back to 40 when i in a big battle it might drop to 33 but that's about it hope that help do u know y it might be not packing up ?? still a great mod love it

The only time I've seen it not pack up is when the server fps <10.

Nobody else has reported this to me so I'm not sure what could be the cause.

oh ok so not moving it for like 1hr or so would not do this the both times was i moved it alot and other i did not move it at all

also we did try to swap commanders respawn it was not damaged i also lost the commander options so thats all i can remember

its done it 4 more times to me its kinda taking to fun out of it for me now is there anyway to fix it ???

Edited by adamcarolan2290

oh ok so not moving it for like 1hr or so would not do this the both times was i moved it alot and other i did not move it at all

also we did try to swap commanders respawn it was not damaged i also lost the commander options so thats all i can remember

its done it 4 more times to me its kinda taking to fun out of it for me now is there anyway to fix it ???

Clear your RPT file prior to a match, then go play a match and wait till it happens. Then upload your RPT file for me to see. There might be an error somewhere.

What version of warfare are you playing btw? Is it 3.04b?

Clear your RPT file prior to a match, then go play a match and wait till it happens. Then upload your RPT file for me to see. There might be an error somewhere.

What version of warfare are you playing btw? Is it 3.04b?

ok will do just finished a game and everything went fine so its kinda random or i am doing somthing wrong but ill get that to ya next time it dose it thanks for the reply

i have tried using ACE with this and it makes it a lot harder as i cant fix my tanks is this apart of ace or a bug i try to fix it my self but he only will do it once and i also try using the support truck it says its being fixed but nothing happen same with trying to fix at towns so is it possible to fix tanks and other things fully when using ace ???

i have tried using ACE with this and it makes it a lot harder as i cant fix my tanks is this apart of ace or a bug i try to fix it my self but he only will do it once and i also try using the support truck it says its being fixed but nothing happen same with trying to fix at towns so is it possible to fix tanks and other things fully when using ace ???

I don't support ACE in the versions I make. I don't have the time and I don't play ACE, so it'd be hard for me to make one as well. I have no issues if somebody takes Gossamer's Warfare and makes an ACE version with it though, but it'll be up to them to keep maintaining it.

I believe ACE vehicles have a different damage/health system, so that's probably why you can't repair stuff.

Have you had the MHQ deploy/mobilize issue again?

I don't support ACE in the versions I make. I don't have the time and I don't play ACE, so it'd be hard for me to make one as well. I have no issues if somebody takes Gossamer's Warfare and makes an ACE version with it though, but it'll be up to them to keep maintaining it.

I believe ACE vehicles have a different damage/health system, so that's probably why you can't repair stuff.

Have you had the MHQ deploy/mobilize issue again?

no not once i re dl the files and its all bin sweet thanks for the answers

I'm having some issues hosting this awesome warfare mod. When I try to host it, it keeps loading the map but wont start. I moved both steam installations of arma2 and OA into the same folder and then it started. The gamebreaking stuff is basically that HQ spawns out of map bounds and the ambulance and truck spawns ontop of eachother. Anyone know what causes this ? Is it because of how I setup the "combined operation" folder?

I'm having some issues hosting this awesome warfare mod. When I try to host it, it keeps loading the map but wont start. I moved both steam installations of arma2 and OA into the same folder and then it started. The gamebreaking stuff is basically that HQ spawns out of map bounds and the ambulance and truck spawns ontop of eachother. Anyone know what causes this ? Is it because of how I setup the "combined operation" folder?

Are you sure your game is running Combined Operations properly? I just tried to load the match and it started in: The Editor, Peer Hosted and on my dedicated.

check your RPT file (C:\Users\USERNAME\ArmA 2\ArmA2OA.rpt) <--- that's for Combined Ops. See if there are any errors in it.

Copied arma 2 folder to arrowhead and then it worked. Earlier I made a new folder with arma 2 first then copied over arrowhead. That didn't work apparently.

Thanks for the help. Got it up on the 12 core server with 24GB ram now =). Running 24/7.