Sign in to follow this  
gossamersolid

Gossamer's Warfare --- Variant of Warfare BE

About mando score I mean that when you push I you don't see correct score due to arma score that doesn't count the vehicles that blows after some second

or a plane/chopper that crash after missile hit

and also for money reward in warfare some time works some time don't

If possible I want to try 3.0 as beta tester if you want.

I don't know if this bug is already scheduled on your devheaven project

but I hope that you fix the warfare option that always pop... please fix

Can't wait to see your next release

:cool:

About mando score I mean that when you push I you don't see correct score due to arma score that doesn't count the vehicles that blows after some second

If possible I want to try 3.0 as beta tester if you want.

I don't know if this bug is already scheduled on your devheaven project

but I hope that you fix the warfare option that always pop... please fix

Can't wait to see your next release

:cool:

Hey there, as for Mando not adding to the scoreboard, I believe Mando said in his thread (here at BIS forums) that ArmA doesn't have functions to add score to players properly.

The money rewards showing/not showing have been tweaked a little, but I'm having a harder time with that.

I believe we'll be having a 3.00 final beta test tonight (10:00PM EST Time Zone). So you are more than welcome to join in, but we have one condition for beta testers. They must be in the ventrilo server when they are testing. This is to ensure we have full communication for bug reports, etc.

As for "warfare menu popping", if you could take a video and show me what you mean, then I'll have a better understanding of what is wrong.

I'm on your Ventrillo you're in AFK hobo land2 I cant enter here

:p

for warfare option I mean that action rest in the screen and pop when you come close to a vehicle and you have to enter in menu and push backspace to remove it

with later benny edition the option appears only when you use the mouse wheel and disappear after you you don't need to remove from screen pushing backspace...

if is not enought clear I will make a video

To people expecting a 3.00 release for tommorow, I might not be able to make it happen due to my unreliable internet. I'm changing ISPs, but the earliest they could come was monday.

So right now I'm timing out from any network connection which makes it impossible for me to upload the mission to a server and beta test.

Sorry to dissappoint!

The wait is over people!

Version 3.00 was compressed and uploaded to the servers just a few minutes ago. After a 2 month period between this and version 2.11, I'm excited to finally be able to play again :)

There's a new way you can download the latest Gossamer's Warfare builds. That is via the updater application:

updater.jpg

Download: here

Via the warfare updater, you'll be able to download beta versions of warfare and warfare on other islands as soon as they are released, rather than waiting for the next full release of warfare.

The updater tool also has a changelog of the most current version and a news section where I will be posting up to date information with what's going on with warfare.

Please note that the updater tool requires .NET Framework 4.0 --- Download.

Of course though I am not going to force this tool on you guys, so I've uploaded a normal FTP link that contains all the current islands at this point in time: Download

Here's the changelog for this version:

* Bug #14072: Mi171Sh_rockets_CZ_EP1 doesn't have attach functions

* Bug #14185: Nuclear Scud Launcher firing Conventional Scud instead of Nuke

* Bug #14187: KA-52 Prototype did not reload the right loadout

* Bug #14189: Wrong ammo amounts for AC-130 Guns

* Bug #14315: Commander Tactical Assets invalid calculations

* Feature #14082: New Asset: Fixed-Wing CAS missions

* Feature #14083: New Asset: Rotary-Wing CAS Missions

* Feature #14093: New Countermeasure Looks

* Feature #14154: New Building: Communications Tower

* Feature #14155: Real recorded voices for events

* Feature #14156: New Technology: Black Market

* Feature #14157: New Technology: Mass Conscription

* Feature #14159: New Technology: Refined Processing

* Feature #14186: Warn players of a Nuclear Launch

* Feature #14188: New sounds for the AC-130 guns

* Feature #14207: Bounties are awarded slightly more accurately

* Feature #14210: Unit build progress bar

* Feature #14217: New Asset: Militia Strike

* Feature #15087: Medics can build Spawn Point Field Hospitals

* Feature #15161: Splash Screen to cover up initialization of Scripts

* Feature #15178: Chernarus Supported

* Feature #15244: Rank System: Increase Income Percentage per Rank

* Feature #15245: Re-Organize Team Menu

* Feature #15247: Commander Menu: Sell Building

* Feature #15302: New Rank: Sergeant

* Feature #15312: Parameter: Artillery Computer

* Task #14073: Redesign entire tech tree for both teams

* Task #14075: Massive repricing of all Units

* Task #14080: Remove backpacks from infantry

* Task #14084: Investigate "isFlatEmpty" Building Parameters

* Task #14085: Fix Bastam North-East Camp Location

* Task #14086: Add ATV to Town Depots

* Task #14088: [bLUEFOR] Add Lynx

* Task #14091: Update Respawn Options in Respawn Menu

* Task #14160: Restrict what engineers can build

* Task #14161: Revise Engineer Construction pricing

* Task #14200: Move AC-130 Gun Cameras lower

* Task #14212: Move capture progress bar to Warfare HUD section

* Task #14218: Re-Do the Upgrade Menu

* Task #14330: Add Delay for Self-Heal

* Task #14900: Re-write Buy Menu Configs

* Task #14902: Change Starting Weapons for All Classes

* Task #14930: Update Mando Missile Mod to v2.4 Beta 9.2

* Task #14932: Fix upgrade selections to match new upgrade system

* Task #15175: Correct Broken/Old URLs

* Task #15195: Raised the Money awarded for Capturing Camps/Depots

* Task #15196: Lowered the Depot capture Radius

* Task #15246: Re-Write the Upgrade System's loading of Upgrades

* Task #15278: Make Structure Names a Global Variable for Easier Usage

If you have any additional questions, just make a reply and ask away!

Thanks guys,

I've been told the lingor one does not init properly. I'm testing it now, will find the issue and replace the updater's lingor files.

EDIT: Re-download via the Official Mirror or the Warfare Updater and it'll work.

Edited by GossamerS

Mando is a script, so not a player, so no score for a kill in scoreboard. And some tanks do not explode immediately, so you don't get the money. Thats neither prob of mando or goss, its bis.

btw. : Score? Who is interested score? On my server the whole scoreboard would be turned off , so you cannot see any progress of other team or you focus on "socre"..

In war, there is no scoreboard...

---------- Post added at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

I'm on your Ventrillo you're in AFK hobo land2 I cant enter here

:p

for warfare option I mean that action rest in the screen and pop when you come close to a vehicle and you have to enter in menu and push backspace to remove it

with later benny edition the option appears only when you use the mouse wheel and disappear after you you don't need to remove from screen pushing backspace...

if is not enought clear I will make a video

i know exactly what you mean..in the past there was a fix in a transparent HUD, which is not working anymore..

the only thing i can offer is from kju's proper projects , its simply removing the text to the left side of the screen, where its not so annoying...

download this one, then u also got the rest of the proper stuff, i assume you know how to use addons: http://www.mediafire.com/?omykgos4024wa6x

its not completely removed, but its much better..

cheers

Hey there,

I've found the possible solution to the popping Warfare Menu and I'll be addressing it (hopefully) in tonight's beta.

I'll post back when I have the results.

Mando is a script, so not a player, so no score for a kill in scoreboard. And some tanks do not explode immediately, so you don't get the money. Thats neither prob of mando or goss, its bis.

btw. : Score? Who is interested score? On my server the whole scoreboard would be turned off , so you cannot see any progress of other team or you focus on "socre"..

In war, there is no scoreboard...

HI Fruity Thank you for answer but I know that the BIS scoring system is wrong. In my past tournament edition I will be happy If I can give an award to the best pilot... and I'm sad that this can't be done

I'm not in war I hate the war, ArmA for me is a game and I like to know at the end who as done more tank / vehicle kills and shotdown planes and chopper, so I will be really happy if BIS fix the scoring system adding chopper to list and count the kill to all the vehicle equipment not only commander and if a vehicle blows after some second the kill should be assignet to the crew or man that shot the death blow.

The warfare option bug is already addessed by benny because I remember old version with this and no more this problem in last release...

When you fight in town every time you get close to a building you've WARFAE OPTION in the middle of the screen... mouse wheel backspace... mousewheel backspace.... annoing...

When you respawn you've to push F key twice and after option and backspace to clean your screen this in not good whe you respawn at city camp... with enemy around.

anyway I start to create my modded edition based on Gossamer's One, because it's really more close to how I intend to play warfare and I'm really happy for this.

Yesterday I spend some time and I do a lot of work, I've to fix something before release I will write complete changelog.

I need help because I'm not skilled scripting programmer

If possible of course you've all credit of your work, you Gossamer and your team mate and co-worker in mission editing and of course Benny.

There are the things that I want change in my release that I don't know how to do and I ask you help:

• rank upgrade (class menu) based on players point.
  • no weapon buy on city camp, only in city depot after town captured
  • I try to attach m119 d30 to zcargo script but adding static to the type of classes doesn't work... maybe statics with s ? I don't know.
  • The money / min cash flown goes to commander instead of players

I ask help and if someone can give me an hand I REALLY REALLY appreciate

thank you and can't wait to check your next release with warfare option fixed

I ask you if you can change also the equipment dialog, increase it in size and make 3 column for rifle - rocket launcher and ammo bigger in size compared to te actual ones.

thank you again

Rubber

:)

Hey there Rubber,

It's good to see that you are making a variant based off of my work. I like to see that other people think my work is good enough to re-use :)

As for the equipment menu, it will be recieving a makeover for 3.01

Shoot, no AI? THat is unfortunate, this looks realy good but I mostly play SP.

Shoot, no AI? THat is unfortunate, this looks realy good but I mostly play SP.

You should come play MP sometime, we all gather on ventrilo and have a ball.

I complete agree with GossamerS... multiplayers is the essence of ArmA if you try with a good group of people you never come back to play in SP

:)

Hello Gossamer, I don't know if you have read my thoughts about the warfare gameplay. Maybe you like some Idea of my own to add it to your warfare.

The links are at my signature. as Microgameplay strategy and macrogameplay strategy.

Thanks.

Hello Gossamer, I don't know if you have read my thoughts about the warfare gameplay. Maybe you like some Idea of my own to add it to your warfare.

The links are at my signature. as Microgameplay strategy and macrogameplay strategy.

Thanks.

So you want it to kinda play like AAS? Cities have conditions before they can be captured?

That's a pretty cool idea, but I feel that's a brand new project in it's own. That'd be really fun to play though.

So you want it to kinda play like AAS? Cities have conditions before they can be captured?

That's a pretty cool idea, but I feel that's a brand new project in it's own. That'd be really fun to play though.

It is not excatly like advance and secure, its like warfare. With commander and base, upgrades, AI units, vehicles, its only some ideas to make it more cooperative and player versus player oriented.

Do you think it would be very hard to do?

It is not excatly like advance and secure, its like warfare. With commander and base, upgrades, AI units, vehicles, its only some ideas to make it more cooperative and player versus player oriented.

Do you think it would be very hard to do?

If you have a bit of prior scripting experience, I don't think it'd be that hard to do. You'd have to design it per each map though which would take time.

You could look at AAS's source code to see how they do the connecting of capture zones, then look at warfare on how capture zones are controlled and try to integrate it.

You'll have to do some research most likely.

HI Gossamer I add some feature/bug and support offer to your project in DEV Heaven

I really hope that 3.01 will be released soon, seems to have a lot of fix/add that are really good

:yay:

HI Gossamer I add some feature/bug and support offer to your project in DEV Heaven

I really hope that 3.01 will be released soon, seems to have a lot of fix/add that are really good

:yay:

I responded to all of your tickets. Re-filter the issues list to show closed tickets as I closed some of yours.

I responded to all of your tickets. Re-filter the issues list to show closed tickets as I closed some of yours.

thank you for consideration about my feedback and feature requests

the shilka is the shilka non the TOR-M1/HAWK AA Systems

I prefer if possible to use skype instead of xfire

:pc:

---------- Post added at 08:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

About that

//--- Unit will spawn within this range.

TOWNUNITSPAWNRANGE = 400;

I've already found this entry but is not what I've ask to you

I mean that the spawn radious should be inside the activation trigger

center on city depot

when you approach town and you're 450m from center of circle (radious)

Ai spawn inside an area of 400m closest to city depot, this avoid that AI spawn from notting on your left or right as magic ! sorry for my english I will draw an illustration :bounce3:

radious.gif

BigMorgan told me to place Milhouse on the sketch ahahaha :)

If you have a bit of prior scripting experience, I don't think it'd be that hard to do. You'd have to design it per each map though which would take time.

You could look at AAS's source code to see how they do the connecting of capture zones, then look at warfare on how capture zones are controlled and try to integrate it.

You'll have to do some research most likely.

is not posible to allow the commander to set some towns as missions and let the others inactive until the commander select them as available mission?

What abaout a class system for players?

Have you read the Micro Strategy Gameplay?

is not posible to allow the commander to set some towns as missions and let the others inactive until the commander select them as available mission?

What abaout a class system for players?

Have you read the Micro Strategy Gameplay?

Everything is possible, but you probably won't see the town being inactive till a commander selects it. That would take away the freedom of Warfare.

There is already a class system for players. Team Leader, Engineer and Medic all have special perks and abilities.

No I have not read that yet. I'll try to sometime soon.