Sign in to follow this  
gossamersolid

Gossamer's Warfare --- Variant of Warfare BE

How difficult would it be to have AI team leaders reimplemented? I know this is primarily a PVP mission, but I enjoy the features this has, and I don't have enough friends to organize a match on Takistan without making it public (which usually leads to disaster one way or another).

Perhaps just have a separate version of the mission with AI team leaders enabled - I'd hate to interrupt your vision for the mission.

It would actually take quite a bit of work to get them to a playable state, plus they are quite a strain on the server's FPS. If you are looking for a match, join the official server:

lgsl_image.php?s=1

We have people in there every night usually.

Version 2.11 released!

Download: http://thegamewardens.com/downloads/index.php?act=view&id=2

changelog:

* Bug #14003: Medic ambulance paradrop doesn't list Grid position

* Bug #14004: Iglas on Hind series don't fire sometimes

* Bug #14029: Rank up messages broadcasted globally

* Bug #14053: Static Launchers do not fire Mando Missiles

* Task #14025: Move TOR-M1 and HAWK console to Commander Seat

* Task #14030: If Commander Center doesn't exist, Class Menu Locked

* Task #14031: Warning when entering killzones

* Task #14032: Repair trucks moved to level 0 light

* Task #14051: Move Shkurkalay's Depot

* Task #14054: Charge "Reinforcement" fee for Respawning/Dying

* Task #14055: Increase Spawn Distance from Enemy

* Task #14056: Add Self-Heal Ability to Class Menu

Anybody ask for a better upgrade layout? Here's a sneak peak at bluefor's upgrades menu for version 3.00

I'm not going to list the different techs and what they give at this point in time, but stay up to date by checking this thread semi-regularily.

blueforupgrade.jpg

How difficult would it be to have AI team leaders reimplemented? I know this is primarily a PVP mission, but I enjoy the features this has, and I don't have enough friends to organize a match on Takistan without making it public (which usually leads to disaster one way or another).

Perhaps just have a separate version of the mission with AI team leaders enabled - I'd hate to interrupt your vision for the mission.

You should know that turning off all the ai increased the performance so much.If you need guys for playing warfare,just come into Ventrilo or our teamspeak and join us. We are playing every evening.And don't worry about the ping, mine is around 130-140 and its absolutely ok.Most important thing is that admins are around most of the time, for restarts, kicking and keeping everything fair.

I'd like to see you guys in there

Opfor's upgrades page (WIP)

I'm sure you guys could figure out the most of them.

redforupgrade.jpg

could be bigger but it looks good

Could be bigger, but then there'd be a lot of redundant techs IMO. I got together with Morgan and decided that these were good.

Can you guys help me. i put your mission on my server but I cant join it. I launched my game in combined arms, but the mission still wont start.

My server runs vanila OA. but arma2 is installed on the same server. can you tell me how to launch combined arms on the server?

thanks a bunch.

Your mission is exactly what im looking for.

Can you guys help me. i put your mission on my server but I cant join it. I launched my game in combined arms, but the mission still wont start.

My server runs vanila OA. but arma2 is installed on the same server. can you tell me how to launch combined arms on the server?

thanks a bunch.

Your mission is exactly what im looking for.

Hey there,

To run a combined operations server you have to do the following:

1) Install ArmA 2 to one location (for this example we'll use C:\Servers\CombinedOperations)

2) Install Operation Arrowhead to that same location (C:\Servers\CombinedOperations)

Now you should have OA installed on top of ArmA 2. Launch ArmA2OAServer.exe and you will have Combined Operations Content.

You can add me on xfire: GossamerSolid if you wish to talk more.

What if I have two folders one with Arma2 Operation arrowhead and one with Arma2. Can I copy the content from one and past it over the other?

What if I have two folders one with Arma2 Operation arrowhead and one with Arma2. Can I copy the content from one and past it over the other?

You might be able to, it's worth a try anyways. Just make a new folder, copy ArmA 2 content into the root of it, then copy the arrowhead stuff in it.

I emphasize you do this in a completely new folder incase it doesn't work you won't mess up your game.

I added you to xfire. I would like some help with your mission. I also have steam SpecterM

Hey there guys,

Version 3.00 of Warfare is very close to being released. I finished the last of the coding earlier today and we have already done one test to iron out some bugs.

We'll be doing a couple more tests and then it will be released to the public.

I'll post some more information on the changes when I release!

Gossamer u are doing awesome job :)

Been playing ur Warfare for a while now.

But one thing bothers me...artilery computer. Could u add an option to turn it on/off? It spoils the game a bit. All u have to do is a do a flyby with lb or other aircraft mark the spot on the map and boom...there goes loads of grads/mrls missiles;/

Gossamer u are doing awesome job :)

Been playing ur Warfare for a while now.

But one thing bothers me...artilery computer. Could u add an option to turn it on/off? It spoils the game a bit. All u have to do is a do a flyby with lb or other aircraft mark the spot on the map and boom...there goes loads of grads/mrls missiles;/

So you basically want artillery removed? Without the artillery computer, the MRLS,Grad, etc cannot be used at all.

I can just put a toggle that will take care of that I guess.

Hi GossamerS (and dev team of this nice mission )

thank you (and dev team) for effort in this good project

I played yesterday for first time the last relased I played a frist one on ArmA2 some time ago

I really like mando impementation, and I'm sorry about not correct scoring, I plan in the past to realize a scoring table different to the standard one (I key) but I've no time to spend with ArmA development atm,

I know that this could be a big effort but, did you plan to (base) your mission on last benny release 066, I see the old menu warfare always popping, no sign for spawn zone of the buildings, better weapon / ammo selection interface and good customization parameters.

In my rubber warfare edition to prevent base construction like mushrooms I've raised the mhq redeploy cost, now is param on the BE std. Also to prevent Arty spot and shot, I raised the cost of arty stuff and lowered the distance, to be more realistic you can raise the cost of arty with mando console intendeed not only the vehicle used but a logistic and trained team for using it (this motivated the higher price)

The AI enemy marker on the map are set on by the mission or are releated on the server setting? I hate it, if you just fly high and fast with a gunner you've a map of all enemy unit on the map this is not fun no stealth approach and too easy to find enemy bases.

Last tip,

I play with grass on and raise AI skill but lower AI precision on the server setting this result in suppressive fire and give you time to get a cover, no sniper with normal weapon (unrealistic a lot)

thank you for your job I know that is a big effort to develop each stuff

I hope to see next 3.0 release

cheers

Alessio

I don't know if this bug is already reported

the repair truck called by commander air support can't be entered/unlocked

I don't know if this bug is already reported

the repair truck called by commander air support can't be entered/unlocked

I just tested and I got into it. Not sure what happened there.

I'll keep my eye out for it though.

I play on your server I think this happens to me two times one time with REDFOR one time with BLUFOR truck comes but it's locked no unlock no action to board it

I ask you some few question in the previous post what do you think about it?

cheers

Gossamer, not removed...Some people like firing at long distances from a safe spot. If its possible, could u just ad an option in parameters so u could toggle it on/off.

Dunno if rest of community agrees with me but it really does spoils the game sometimes(maybe just for me)

Would be very greatfull for considering this mate :)

Eager to play your new Warfare aswell...You've got yourself quite a few "Gossamer's Warfare" fans in Hellfire Polska Server :)

Edit 1:

Btw. Dunno if its a bug or not but u cant repair MHQ with repair truck... wreck remains all the time but u cant do anything with it. (been tested with LF bought rt and para dropped rt)

T.

I really like mando impementation, and I'm sorry about not correct scoring, I plan in the past to realize a scoring table different to the standard one (I key) but I've no time to spend with ArmA development atm,

I'm not too sure exactly what you mean about this.

I know that this could be a big effort but, did you plan to (base) your mission on last benny release 066, I see the old menu warfare always popping, no sign for spawn zone of the buildings, better weapon / ammo selection interface and good customization parameters.

We based our mission of Warfare BE 0.33 I believe and then have continued to build it ourselves. Keep in mind that we started developing this pretty much a year ago (was under a different name before). We do not have plans to use current iterations of Warfare BE for development as we prefer to keep ours seperate from his.

We have already re-designed some of the menus throughout the months and we plan on re-designing more of them as time moves on. For example, the gear menu is targeted for re-designing in version 3.01.

We try to stay away from parameters as we build warfare to work a certain way and too many parameters can just lead to broken balance and complaints from players that wouldn't be there if our version of warfare was played the way it was intended to be played.

In my rubber warfare edition to prevent base construction like mushrooms I've raised the mhq redeploy cost, now is param on the BE std. Also to prevent Arty spot and shot, I raised the cost of arty stuff and lowered the distance, to be more realistic you can raise the cost of arty with mando console intendeed not only the vehicle used but a logistic and trained team for using it (this motivated the higher price)

The newest version (3.00) that is currently in development has Communication Towers that works as a base radius.

We don't use the mando console for support as we've designed our own tactical assets menu (Commander only).

The AI enemy marker on the map are set on by the mission or are releated on the server setting? I hate it, if you just fly high and fast with a gunner you've a map of all enemy unit on the map this is not fun no stealth approach and too easy to find enemy bases.

That would be a server setting :)

I play with grass on and raise AI skill but lower AI precision on the server setting this result in suppressive fire and give you time to get a cover, no sniper with normal weapon (unrealistic a lot)

We recommend playing with Zeus AI on both server/client for the best possible AI experience.

thank you for your job I know that is a big effort to develop each stuff

I hope to see next 3.0 release

cheers

Alessio

Thanks for playing Gossamer's Warfare, I hope to see you on a server when 3.00 is released :)

Gossamer, not removed...Some people like firing at long distances from a safe spot. If its possible, could u just ad an option in parameters so u could toggle it on/off.

Dunno if rest of community agrees with me but it really does spoils the game sometimes(maybe just for me)

Would be very greatfull for considering this mate :)

I've made it a parameter for 3.00, so that should satisfy both sides :)

Eager to play your new Warfare aswell...You've got yourself quite a few "Gossamer's Warfare" fans in Hellfire Polska Server :)

It's good to see that there are people out there that enjoy our work!

Edit 1:

Btw. Dunno if its a bug or not but u cant repair MHQ with repair truck... wreck remains all the time but u cant do anything with it. (been tested with LF bought rt and para dropped rt)

T.

If you could make a semi-detailed bug report here: http://dev-heaven.net/projects/gosswf/issues/new

I'd appreciate it :)

I would report it if i could find a way to register myself in those forums.

And yet another one mate.

Your warfare is not being detected on Chernorussia map.

Atleast not on the server im playing :)

Could You give an aprox release date of 3.00? :D

I would report it if i could find a way to register myself in those forums.

And yet another one mate.

Your warfare is not being detected on Chernorussia map.

Atleast not on the server im playing :)

Could You give an aprox release date of 3.00? :D

You can register on dev-heaven here: http://dev-heaven.net/account/register

As for chernarus, it isn't in the current 2.11 version, but it's making a comeback in 3.00. We were testing it a couple of nights ago and I'm pumped to play it again!

3.00 will be out by friday (November 26, 2010) unless there is a huge bug found at the last minute!