Sign in to follow this  
gossamersolid

Gossamer's Warfare --- Variant of Warfare BE

Yea I run both, A2 & OA retail box.

Also the rifleman RPG-7 slots are reporting as engineers skill wise and start with RPG-18.

Yea I run both, A2 & OA retail box.

Also the rifleman RPG-7 slots are reporting as engineers skill wise and start with RPG-18.

Yes the Rifleman RPG-7 are considered engineers. That's on purpose lol, it's just that the specific team didn't have an engineer is why that happens.

all opfor slots spawn with RPG-18.

There are engi slots for east, I was just wondering what perk a rifleman had. Kinda expected the slot to start with RPG as it says, that's all.

There are engi slots for east, I was just wondering what perk a rifleman had. Kinda expected the slot to start with RPG as it says, that's all.

So the Russians have an actual engineer player? Whoops, guess I'll fix that lol.

Would be nice to get refunded some supply when removing a building, also if a timer on deconstruction could be added to prevent panic selling.

Support menu is not fetching the value of the Podnos 2B14 mortar so it can't get a rearm price. Service point and repair truck in range.

Edited by Trauma.au

Would be nice to get refunded some supply when removing a building, also if a timer on deconstruction could be added to prevent panic selling.

I don't think any refund should be provided, then players WILL abuse the fact that if their base is under attack, they'll just sell it all. Make sure you want your buildings there if you are going to pay for them :)

As for timer, there's no reason to have one because "Panic selling" does nothing for the team that just sold it all as they lost the buildings anyways and got nothing in return.

I don't think any refund should be provided, then players WILL abuse the fact that if their base is under attack, they'll just sell it all. Make sure you want your buildings there if you are going to pay for them :)

As for timer, there's no reason to have one because "Panic selling" does nothing for the team that just sold it all as they lost the buildings anyways and got nothing in return.

Yea I was meaning the timer would be the deterrent, it would allow arty or tanks etc. to finish the place off with out it being sold.

The other reason is that I have no idea what the base area limit is or if there is even one. Would be nice to have some of the key values listed in the notes. Can't test must due to limited funds.

Edited by Trauma.au

Yea I was meaning the timer would be the deterrent, it would allow arty or tanks etc. to finish the place off with out it being sold.

The other reason is that I have no idea what the base area limit is or if there is even one. Would be nice to have some of the key values listed in the notes. Can't test must due to limited funds.

There is no base limit, we prefer things to be open ended.

You can get dev options if you decompile the mission and look in Client\Init_Client.sqf:

//DEV SECTION***********************************************************************************************************

//Click on the map to teleport to that location
//onMapSingleClick "vehicle player setpos _pos";

//Godmode
//player addEventHandler ["HandleDamage", {false}];

//Mirrored Damage (The damage you are supposed to get, goes to the person shooting you)
//player addEventHandler ["HandleDamage", {false;if (player != (_this select 3)) then {(_this select 3) setDammage 1}}];

//Upgrade All techs to max level
//[] ExecVM "Common\Dev\Dev_UpgradeAll.Sqf";

//High Resources
//[] ExecVM "Common\Dev\Dev_HighResources.Sqf";

//Buildings Build Fast
//[] ExecVM "Common\Dev\Dev_FastBuildings.Sqf";

//DEV SECTION***********************************************************************************************************

Just uncomment what you want to work.

EDIT: Added more FAQs to the first post.

Edited by GossamerS

How do I decompile the mission?

Got it.

Edited by Trauma.au

Hey Trauma I thought you said there was an Engineer for Russians to replace the Rifleman (RPG-7), I looked and couldn't find him.

If you have the classname for him, just pass it over.

• SU-25 (Missile), A-10 (Maverick), KA-52 & Mi-24P (Gunship) have no values, can't rearm, repair, refuel.
  • Field hospital can't be removed via team menu.
  • No M2 or M2 mini tripod defences for west.
  • The 3 Mk82 dumb bombs on the F-35 Lightning II are bypassing Mando, able to autoaim them.
  • Ordering a AH-64D spawns the AH-64D (sidewinder) and vice versa.
  • 3000m draw distance makes using the LGB/missile camera system annoying.

Hey Trauma I thought you said there was an Engineer for Russians to replace the Rifleman (RPG-7), I looked and couldn't find him.

If you have the classname for him, just pass it over.

Dunno how to get the class names, I'm just playing the mission and taking note of things that seem off. Also the rifleman on the west side are doing the same thing, west also has engi slots.

arma2oa2010081217321957.th.jpgarma2oa2010081217322580.th.jpg

This is happening a lot.

arma2oa2010081218233547.th.jpg

Edited by Trauma.au

Field hospital can't be removed via team menu.

I'm not even sure what you mean by this. Field Hospitals do nothing besides allow you to heal, why would they be removable?

No M2 or M2 mini tripod defences for west.

Will add them.

The 3 Mk82 dumb bombs on the F-35 Lightning II are bypassing Mando, able to autoaim them.

This would be an issue for Mando himself to be posted in his thread. I think this only happens if you have the TAB targeting set to another button.

[*]Ordering a AH-64D spawns the AH-64D (sidewinder) and vice versa.

Will look into this stuff

[*]3000m draw distance makes using the LGB/missile camera system annoying.

I have not noticed this at all, neither have I heard complaints before :)

Dunno how to get the class names, I'm just playing the mission and taking note of things that seem off. Also the rifleman on the west side are doing the same thing, west also has engi slots.

Those are Takistani Engineers that you see. The RPG-7 dudes are Russians. Russians have no engies :)

This is happening a lot. (Shows picture of $SCALAR values)

Reported on Bug Tracker: http://thegamewardens.com/bugtracker/view.php?id=224

fixed for 2.06 as far as I know (I've tested all reported ways of it happening and applied fixes)

I'm not even sure what you mean by this. Field Hospitals do nothing besides allow you to heal, why would they be removable?

It's a larger building than normal I decided I wanted to remove it but couldn't, that's all.

This would be an issue for Mando himself to be posted in his thread. I think this only happens if you have the TAB targeting set to another button.

I do have that bound to joystick.

Those are Takistani Engineers that you see. The RPG-7 dudes are Russians. Russians have no engies :)

Both the ones listed as engi's and the RPG guys are engi skill wise is what I mean.

Honestly I'm not keen on yet another login when I have a Devheaven account.

It's a larger building than normal I decided I wanted to remove it but couldn't, that's all.

Ah ok. I had plans for it way back when, but I decided to leave it be

I do have that bound to joystick.

That's probably why. Plus with the MK82 you are supposed to press Ctrl to get to CCIP/Nav (view on Hud) and the CCIP tells you where the bombs are going to drop.

Both the ones listed as engi's and the RPG guys are engi skill wise is what I mean.

[/Quote]

yeah there are 4 engineer skill per team I believe (maybe a bit more, don't remember).

Honestly I'm not keen on yet another login when I have a Devheaven account.

Well I asked for space a while back and never got a reply saying yes or no so I took that as a no and took time to setup my own bugtracker. It takes a whole 30 seconds to register and that is where I keep track of all progress.

That's probably why. Plus with the MK82 you are supposed to press Ctrl to get to CCIP/Nav (view on Hud) and the CCIP tells you where the bombs are going to drop.

Yea I was switching through to get the CCIP HUD mode but it was not showing, it works fine on other units I tested just not the F-35.

Edit: Just double checked, still can't access the CCIP/NAV, only get AIM9 and NAV. Mk82's are targeted via vanilla Arma methods, have not had this issue with any other aircraft (tested on AC-130 Heavy Bomber and Mi-24 Gunship).

I have not noticed this at all, neither have I heard complaints before :)

The 3000m draw distance means I can easily overshoot the target area before getting my lock unless I slow the aircraft before entering TV mode, but that makes me vulnerable.

Edited by Trauma.au

Yea I was switching through to get the CCIP HUD mode but it was not showing, it works fine on other units I tested just not the F-35.

Edit: Just double checked, still can't access the CCIP/NAV, only get AIM9 and NAV. Mk82's are targeted via vanilla Arma methods, have not had this issue with any other aircraft (tested on AC-130 Heavy Bomber and Mi-24 Gunship).

Ok I've written a bug report for this, will investigate :)

The 3000m draw distance means I can easily overshoot the target area before getting my lock unless I slow the aircraft before entering TV mode, but that makes me vulnerable.

I think that's the point of having such precise bombs, but I may look into setting it up a bit higher.

Version 2.06 Released!

Download - http://thegamewardens.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=downfile&id=75

Gossamer's Warfare - 2.06 (Released 2010-08-14)

===============================================

- 0000216: [Other] Units build out of factory always facing north (GossamerSolid) - resolved.

- 0000204: [Feature] Patrolling UN Forces on map (GossamerSolid) - resolved.

- 0000182: [Feature] Commander Asset: Drop Repair Truck (GossamerSolid) - resolved.

- 0000217: [bug] Vodnik (MG) missing a crew slot (GossamerSolid) - resolved.

- 0000218: [balance] Raise price of Vodnik (Autocannon) (GossamerSolid) - resolved.

- 0000219: [balance] Lower Price of MAAWS and Ammo (GossamerSolid) - resolved.

- 0000220: [bug] Support Menu Upgrade, Level 2 Fuel cost was 50% instead of 5% (GossamerSolid) - resolved.

- 0000221: [bug] Mi-8 Ambulance (RU) doesn't have Mando systems (GossamerSolid) - resolved.

- 0000224: [bug] Support menu broken for JIP players (GossamerSolid) - resolved.

- 0000225: [balance] BLUFOR has no HF vehicles at Level 0 (BigMorgan) - resolved.

- 0000226: [Other] Update German translations (GossamerSolid) - resolved.

- 0000227: [balance] Mi-24VM needs an extra clip of Cannon (GossamerSolid) - resolved.

- 0000228: [bug] AH-64D Sidewinders had wrong classname (GossamerSolid) - resolved.

- 0000229: [balance] Add M2 and M2 Tripod to West Defences (GossamerSolid) - resolved.

- 0000231: [Other] Raise view distance maximum (GossamerSolid) - resolved.

- 0000232: [Feature] Add Stealth's Post Processing Effects (GossamerSolid) - resolved.

- 0000230: [bug] F-35B Doesn't have CCIP Navigation view (Xenomorph) - resolved.

[17 issues]

Hi GossamerS,

after having played many warfare missions(on both sides!), your type, BE and AWP, I think it's indispensable to strengthen the WEST antiAir! The Avenger is really useless, they are hit by the SU's and Kamovs before they could do anything. It's a good solution in BE version to add the CDF Shilka to the USA to provide something that deserves the name "airdefense".

I don't want to whine about the diversities like some other players, but it couldn't be wrong to have a look at it. :)

Cheers.

Edited by -=Firewall=-

Hi GossamerS,

after having played many warfare missions(on both sides!), your type, BE and AWP, I think it's indispensable to strengthen the WEST antiAir! The Avenger is really useless, they are hit by the SU's and Kamovs before they could do anything. It's a good solution in BE version to add the CDF Shilka to the USA to provide something that deserves the name "airdefense".

I don't want to whine about the diversities like some other players, but it couldn't be wrong to have a look at it. :)

Cheers.

Hey there,

I have already attempted to address that. The M6 Linebacker has 4x Sidewinder (meant for the fixed wing) and 4x stingers (meant for helos).

That should be sufficient as it has proved to work so far in test runs.

Also Gossamer's Warfare is the continuation of AWP Warfare, I'm the old dev of that version. A lot has been changed since 1.62 of AWP Warfare, you should check out 2.06 of Gossamer's Warfare (Download in first post).

For anybody that's interested,

Version 2.07 is coming along and it will include the new BAF content and features.

Version 2.07 is coming along and it will include the new BAF content and features.

Wooooooohooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:pet3: :jump_clap:

Consider it already downloaded!

Wooooooohooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:pet3: :jump_clap:

Consider it already downloaded!

I expect it to be out on the late 28th (eastern time zone) or mid 29th. It all depends on how much time I have, but I'll try to get it done quick because I want to play too :)

Very interested, tanks alot..