Sign in to follow this  
konyo

Engineers Toolbox

Engineers Toolbox Version 1.1

Made by konyo

Just a little addon ive made myself. I got the idea from a mission ive made where a player is using the repairing animation. So i thought to myself why not make a Engineers Toolbox to give it a more realistic feel. So heres what ive come up with.

Update 1.1

Fixed: ArmA2.rpt file showed bad texture of 'chestback.paa'.

Fixed: Not showing textures, due to bad pathway.

New: Added a Shadow LOD.

(Hopefully there will be no bugs, but just incase)

You can submit any bugs you’ve found in 1.1 by using my Bugtracker.

Which can be found here

FrontPagePicture11.jpg

Armaholic.com Mirror - Download (v1.1)

ArmA2Base.de Mirror - Download (v1.1)

Edited by konyo

I don't understand. What does the addon do exactly? And why do you have some photoshopped picture instead of an actual screenshot showing what this is so people like me don't have to ask?

I don't understand. What does the addon do exactly? And why do you have some photoshopped picture instead of an actual screenshot showing what this is so people like me don't have to ask?

Its just an object, nothing special, just a little effect for people that want to use it in there mission when there making a player use a repairing animation.

And that photo is not photoshopped, thats what it looks like in game. That is the finished product.

I like it!

And thanks for all the nice remarks from the other people :)

Its just an object, nothing special, just a little effect for people that want to use it in there mission when there making a player use a repairing animation.

And that photo is not photoshopped, thats what it looks like in game. That is the finished product.

Maybe he thought it was photoshopped because it doesnt have a shadow in the picture. (I dont know about ingame, havent tried it) ;)

Maybe he thought it was photoshopped because it doesnt have a shadow in the picture. (I dont know about ingame, havent tried it) ;)

Yeh still playing around with some LOD's atm, still learning :D I done the most important GEO LOD though.

Great idea, this game could always use more props and this looks especially nice in the vehicle repair shops.

Great idea, this game could always use more props and this looks especially nice in the vehicle repair shops.

Yeh comes in handy when you got a bunch of guys around a UH-1Y when its got its blades folded, and guys repairing it ;)

Ehmm but I get a error message: (in ArmA 2 and OA)

. . . user/desktop/toolbox/texture/chestfrontbottom.paa

and the object in the game is white :rolleyes:

Ehmm but I get a error message: (in ArmA 2 and OA)

. . . user/desktop/toolbox/texture/chestfrontbottom.paa

and the object in the game is white :rolleyes:

Ok, thanks for info, ill look into this tomorrow :D

Seems like it's not rooted to the pbo folder?

Ok, thanks for info, ill look into this tomorrow :D

Seems like it's not rooted to the pbo folder?

Hmm, I dont no.

But no problem. Take your time, thx for your work :)

Good job konyo, looks good in the screenshots, but yea it's all white, texture wont load. I recently discovered (yesterday lol) this same problem myself when I had a friend try out my own addon. It seems you're working out of a folder on your desktop like I was.

You need to move that folder to the P: drive and work out of it, and direct the texture paths there, so it will be relative to the addon folder itself and not your computer specifically. Hope that makes sense.

You don't necessarily need to work out of it but when you use BinPBO, it has to be done from the P: drive, not the project folder on your desktop.

Good job konyo, looks good in the screenshots, but yea it's all white, texture wont load. I recently discovered (yesterday lol) this same problem myself when I had a friend try out my own addon. It seems you're working out of a folder on your desktop like I was.

You need to move that folder to the P: drive and work out of it, and direct the texture paths there, so it will be relative to the addon folder itself and not your computer specifically. Hope that makes sense.

You don't necessarily need to work out of it but when you use BinPBO, it has to be done from the P: drive, not the project folder on your desktop.

Ok thanks, yeh im looking in Oxygen 2 now, and all the textures are rooted through desktop. So im changing the paths as we speak. Then ill finish off some shadow lod, and release an update ;)

I released a new update which is Version 1.1!

See first post for more details :)

Edited by konyo

It's definitely a nice thing to start modding for ArmA2.

:)

It's definitely a nice thing to start modding for ArmA2.

:)

Yeah thankyou :) its quiet easy just building up a couple of cubes, gets me learning how to use O2 at same time :) So now i can build someother things and release them to you guys. Spent just under a week getting it ready too :D

Great job Konyo. Nearing perfection. There are 2 edges that might have a hidden alpha channel or somethin tho, cuz they're transparent, but doubt 99% of people will even notice haha. Fine as is!

Wonderful little addon, thanks!
very cool thanks

Thanks for your remarks, glad you all like it :)

Great job Konyo. Nearing perfection. There are 2 edges that might have a hidden alpha channel or somethin tho, cuz they're transparent, but doubt 99% of people will even notice haha. Fine as is!

Cheers JDog :) Yeh they got a transparent background so i could get it just right on the front. But yeh like you say maybe if there are a few more errors that get noticed ill fix it then lol.