Sign in to follow this  
Aks undisputed

can the alienware area 51 i7 Processor run arma 2?

Don't get an Alienware, they suck. :)

+1. You are overpaying by 1/3rd.

Use this clearly labelled/marked/stickied thread rather than create your own. ;)

And hey guys, if he has the cash, why not let him get one? It's not like Alienware PCs lack the hardware, they just cost a whole lot. He asked if it would run Arma 2, which it most certainly will, not if he'll be paying too much.

If he doesn't know the first thing about computers then honestly he shouldn't be the guy who drops by the local PC shop and builds his own. Going with a company that will hand hold him through any problems and take care of any issues--maybe not a bad plan for a guy like that.

It's not ALWAYS a rip off to pay extra for support. Depends on how badly you need it!

A2 runs fine on a Alienware Aurora. Nothing sucky about it at all. I got my rig brand-new and for free, so not complaining about the price either.

:smiley-evil:

A2 runs fine on a Alienware Aurora. Nothing sucky about it at all. I got my rig brand-new and for free, so not complaining about the price either.

:smiley-evil:

thieving b*rstard! (joke). Wow free? you lucky son of a..... :D

Dont get your hopes up.

I mean, just because most of us are running the game on several year old dual cores - or possibly older CPUs, it doesnt mean that the fastest desktop quad CPU available can run the game, right?

No, it would just be silly to assume that BIS actually designed the game to be playable with todays CPUs.

We have a sticky thread for such questions.