Sign in to follow this  
33BO11OF00

33BO11OF00's mission thread 2

Okay. So here starts new mission thread.

:bounce3: :coop:

1st mission here:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/z5muw509iaj064v/CODE01.rar

Liberation Afghanistan campaign with Lost Brothers Arab pack and Bronze Eagle's Code Blue pack.

Addon link:

Lost Brothers Arab pack:

ftp://ftp.ofpr.info/ofpd/unofaddons2/LoBo_Arab_Pack.rar

Code blue in Bronze Eagle's Signature links

This time I included some special triggers and custom radio messages.

Mission is unPBO'oed. Install it to your users folder

Edited by 33BO11OF00
Addon link added

INFO TO EVERYBODY HERE!

My mission/addon making will be random and delayed. School is open again and I need to study. Huge exam writings in next month.

Edited by 33BO11OF00
info added

WHY I do missions in here. Nobody plays them. Nobody cares. I'm going to stick with that freeware constant changing game Orbiter by Martin Schweiger.

Mission making, or community work in general, should first and foremost be something you want to do as a hobby or for fun. Not to please others, that comes afterward. So long as you have no contractual obligations, when you find yourself doing something you no longer enjoy just because others want you to, then you need to think about stopping and moving on to something else you want to do.

You also chose the wrong game if you want a large number of people to be playing your missions, since OFP is nearing it's 10th anniversary. ;)

Zipper5:

Some day I will get a better machine. Then I will start to play this ARMA2:OA. Think about this: Soon Bohemia will publish NEW game and OLD ARMA2:OA will be forgotten. That's how the technology goes. They make new games. We will play them. Cycle never ends ;)

Not to sound harsh but some better missions wouldn't be bad either. Most of your missions from what I've seen were just plain silly, too easy or just pointless. They were comparable to what I'd make out of boredom under 5 minutes, play it one time or just fool around and then delete it afterwards. I don't think anyone wants that, hence why you get no feedback. Take a look at some of the most popular missions here to see what people really like. Afterall, you're making this to please people, so why not make something that they like?

@33BO..

I have to echo what Rellikki said. That's why I stopped replying. Like they say "If you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all".

There are plenty of mission editing tutorials around, take some time to read them. Before you start, plan out your mission in your head or on paper. A good mission needs a story, deepth and a feel of immersion. Besides just dropping a few units on the map think about adding to the enviroment. Add some ambient sound effects. Intro's, cutscenes and outtros help too.

Besides what you put on the map you need a good breifing, overview and notes. Take Rellikki's advice and crack open some other missions and open them in the editor and see what they do.

Just doing the same thing in ARMA2 will get the same lack of response, or worse. First master OFP before taking on ARMA or ARMA2 which are more complicated.

Edited by Zulu1

I thought that base assault mission was great. How about that Kolugev campaign.

Edited by 33BO11OF00
more text

I can't make intros/outros but I can put some camera effects and storyline. Ambient sounds. Bah. They just mess up the mission. Music during the assault = bad.

Give me some examples:

A) Briefing

B) Story

C) Overview. I did that already. WITH PICTURES.

Edited by 33BO11OF00
INFO

SOME INFO:

My machine crashed. So I needed to install everything again. Including Windows XP and patches. Whew. What a job there.