Tankbuster

Editing, Expanding and Modifying Domination

You just need to send him the PBO version not the editor version ie light blue. Then he needs to place the PBO into his editor mission folder to run it. Avibird

Does anyone know in what folder I need to look to change the main target marker to a different color. By default it is a red solid dot. Thanks Avibird.

I just wanted to add a little "edited by" message on the domination name, just to easily identify the map

To do this just click on the description part of the editor its the top right where you change the time and weather.

For the title there will be something existing, you can change that to anything you want and it wont hurt the mission or break your game,

its just text, nothing functional except being an title.

I also used the respawn script by Tophe and it seems to be working perfect.

Good deal! Same one I use, just put the code in the vehicles init line, for domination usually what i do is look at the existing codes for vehicles and planes,

and average respawn time is 300 sec, so I just use the existing codes and then change the code for something good for me and my buddy.

Now the question is: In order for my friend to host the map on his server, do i have to edit the map file or can he use it just by copying the pbo?

Nothing for you to do but send him the pbo.

Anyways, thanks for the swift reply, the Arma 2 community is one of the best I've had the pleasure to be a part of.

Im with you buddy, been here since the OFP demo and got my own bunk, lol

Does anyone know in what folder I need to look to change the main target marker to a different color. By default it is a red solid dot.

What version of Domination re you playing, Im assuming their all the same in terms of main targets but I had only played and edited a few versions.

2.61 = WIP4 released.

That's the last Domina version from me.

Please feel free to modify it to your needs and maybe somebody will finish the new game mode.

Just one thing, I don't want to see an A3 port nor a port to any other RV engine games != A2/OA/TOH.

The series definately needs more Zombies, everything else is just wasted time.

Xeno

Place .pbo file on desktop, open Eliteness, in the left top square (below Refresh option) click on Desktop folder and then find .pbo file in square that is below, when you find it right click on pbo file and select DePbo. If mission.sqm has some weird text then you have to go back to Eliteness in top left square select mission folder that u DePbo then in below square select mission.sqm, right click and select Derapify, then click Save As which is above Refresh option near Open icon then at "File name:" field type mission.sqm then click save and place that saved mission.sqm to your mission folder so you can open it with Editor.

Apologies for not responding sooner, but I just felt too embarrassed.

It still isn't showing up in the Editor. What the bloody hell am I doing wrong?

When you go to my documents>arma 2>missions there you have to create new folder e.g. mymission.Takistan and inside that folder place mission.sqm

Okay, so to recap:

I placed the PBO on the desktop and opened with Eliteness (also located on the Desktop) and then DePBO'd the file, I then opened up mission.sqm to check if there was any "weird text". It looked like normal script so I didn't know what was going on. Derapify'd and then created a folder in the Editor directory called mymission.Takistan and then placed the mission.sqm inside. Fired up ARMA and went to Editor.

Still not showing up.

That weird text should be like this:

33vi5pf.jpg

Then it needs to be derapified and saved as mission.sqm

2.61 = WIP4 released.

That's the last Domina version from me.

Please feel free to modify it to your needs and maybe somebody will finish the new game mode.

Just one thing, I don't want to see an A3 port nor a port to any other RV engine games != A2/OA/TOH.

The series definately needs more Zombies, everything else is just wasted time.

Xeno

Wow is this for real Xeno! A sad day for the community but we still have the Zombies lol. PS how do I change the MAIN TARGET color marker currently red need a different color due to a script that I am trying to get to work in the mission. Thanks for all your work Avibird.

Might be bit of a long shot but any chance of getting the domination side missions into insurgency?

Hey Gunter I am using 2.60 version any direction where to look would be great.

Jafuzz side missions were talk about a few pages back. Xeno said it would be a lot of work. Side missions are intergraded into the overall mission not just a copy and place code. If you have real knowlege of scripting then maybe.

Xeno you should not give up on the community not everyone wants to play the night of the living dead.

Edited by AVIBIRD 1

Hi guys -

Anyone know if theres a way to make kills count for AI on Domi in Unranked?

I've found this - https://dev-heaven.net/issues/669

but its all I can find on the issue and my eyes are bleeding from searching the sqfs looking for a clue.

any help would be appreciated.

Might be bit of a long shot but any chance of getting the domination side missions into insurgency?

Probably not, I would ask on the Insurgency thread though, but for side missions look at the x_missions folder in the folder of Domination itself.

Xeno you should not give up on the cimmunity not everyone wants to play the night of the living dead.

Its really his choice, when editing stuff like this, and i cant speak for him but at least for my own account, when you edit or build something,

and update various version of the same thing, the original project loses its luster if you will, and provides no more real challenge, in other words

it gets boring, and then boring turns into a chore, so i can kinda of see, and maybe get the idea of why he doesn't want to continue.

Hey Gunter any clue where to look for the main target marker color code. I have looked in the in the X_mtmission folder with no luck and a few others.

I know it is XENO choice! what I was really trying to say is I hope he does not give up on making missions for this community. I hope he is working on something new or just waiting for ARMA3. I bet updating the same mission over and over could get like a chore and boring as well as some of our community was never happy and always bitch about things. It would be sad if this community lost a scripter like him that was my real point. Avibird.

try the x_client folder and the x_target_clear_client script.

The script shows coding for updating the marker to a green color, you should be able to change that.

i dont think Xeno will stop working, as Im sure hes awaiting Arma3 like the rest of us, I bet hes got something up his sleeve.

Arma3 will present some new and interesting opportunity to all of us modders/coders/scripters, and you will also see some new

faces come into the picture with some reall cool shit.

Do you know where to change marker ?

Thank you MR. Gunter that hit the spot. Do you know if the ARMA engine will allow other colors to be used as markers besides red,blue,green,orange,yellow,white and black.

Hey no luck with that direction looking in that folder/SQF file. I found the line of code you talked about but no change in the mission. the main target still red. Avibird.

Edited by AVIBIRD 1

In the --->x_client (folder)--->x_target_clear_client (script)--->

_current_target_name setMarkerColorLocal "ColorGreen";

this is when you succeeded in capturing the objective the marker changes to green, if you change it to some other color, like say blue then i'd assume then you could put it like this:

_current_target_name setMarkerColorLocal "ColorBlue";

Change it and then test it out see if it works.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

No not the capture condition but the starting condition of the main target. Currently red. I am using a script called showmeblood. When a unit on your side (AI or human) gets hit a red marker shows up to let you know your units are under attack so you can have better management of AI units in the field.

I have a domination edit where I have full control of multiple platoons/groups that I can move around the mission at once using the team switch and high command functions with the ability to save my progress. I would like to change the main target start marker to a different color then red because if I have a recon group inside the town/side mission sector and I am not playing as one of the units in that group I want to know what is going on ie taking fire.

This mission plays like a gaint RTS but in the ARMA universe and you have full control over any unit on your side Including any AI you recruit via a new script that I have.

Hope you understand what I am looking for.

Look through the scripts, or in the editor, whats the original marker color for the version you have, or is it setup as a scripted type marker where the marker only shows once ingame.

It's in x_client/createnexttargetclient.sqf on my 2.29 version.

[_current_target_name, _current_target_pos,"ELLIPSE","ColorRed",[_current_target_radius,_current_target_radius]] call XfCreateMarkerLocal;

Hey guys, me again. :)

I've been adding a few more vehicles to the map i first edited. However, a few of the guys i play with have asked me if i could add an ability to make a Chinook or a merlin lift reqular tanks. I've been searching high and low without really finding the answer, so i though id turn to you brilliant modders again.

From what i understand, Domination already has a built in lift script though it's not able to lift tanks, unless they are wrecked.

Roger that, I think it would be easier to just build my own side mission. Though i have to find some sort of guide on how to do that :D i have limited skills in scripting!

Is it possible to add Tupolov IED module from MSO to Domination? I already tried but no luck.

Hello,

tried to implement an adittional lift chopper to my Domination 2.61 (OA - non ACE) as described so many times in this thread. It's there, it's defintely a lift chopper, it respawns but there is no hud and it doesn't lift.... and I've no clue whats wrong :suspect:

i_client.sqf

GVAR(marker_vecs) = [];

// chopper varname, type (0 = lift chopper, 1 = wreck lift chopper, 2 = normal chopper), marker name, unique number (same as in init.sqf), marker type, marker color, marker text, chopper string name
#ifdef __TT__
if !(__ACEVer) then {
GVAR(choppers_west) = [
	["HR1",0,"chopper1",301,"n_air","ColorWhite","1",(localize "STR_DOM_MISSIONSTRING_7")], ["HR2",0,"chopper2",302,"n_air","ColorWhite","2",(localize "STR_DOM_MISSIONSTRING_8")],
	["HR3",0,"chopper3",303,"n_air","ColorWhite","3",(localize "STR_DOM_MISSIONSTRING_9")], ["HR4",1,"chopper4",304,"n_air","ColorWhite","W",(localize "STR_DOM_MISSIONSTRING_10")],
	["HR5",2,"chopper5",305,"n_air","ColorWhite","5",(localize "STR_DOM_MISSIONSTRING_11")], ["HR6",2,"chopper6",306,"n_air","ColorWhite","6",(localize "STR_DOM_MISSIONSTRING_11")]
];
GVAR(choppers_east) = [
	["HRR1",0,"chopperR1",401,"n_air","ColorWhite","1",(localize "STR_DOM_MISSIONSTRING_7")], ["HRR2",0,"chopperR2",402,"n_air","ColorWhite","2",(localize "STR_DOM_MISSIONSTRING_8")],
	["HRR3",0,"chopperR3",403,"n_air","ColorWhite","3",(localize "STR_DOM_MISSIONSTRING_9")], ["HRR4",1,"chopperR4",404,"n_air","ColorWhite","W",(localize "STR_DOM_MISSIONSTRING_10")],
	["HRR5",2,"chopperR5",405,"n_air","ColorWhite","5",(localize "STR_DOM_MISSIONSTRING_11")], ["HRR6",2,"chopperR6",406,"n_air","ColorWhite","6",(localize "STR_DOM_MISSIONSTRING_11")]
];
} else {
GVAR(choppers_west) = [
	["HR1",0,"chopper1",301,"n_air","ColorWhite","1",(localize "STR_DOM_MISSIONSTRING_7")], ["HR2",0,"chopper2",302,"n_air","ColorWhite","2",(localize "STR_DOM_MISSIONSTRING_8")],
	["HR3",0,"chopper3",303,"n_air","ColorWhite","3",(localize "STR_DOM_MISSIONSTRING_9")], ["HR4",1,"chopper4",304,"n_air","ColorWhite","W",(localize "STR_DOM_MISSIONSTRING_10")],
	["HR5",2,"chopper5",305,"n_air","ColorWhite","5",(localize "STR_DOM_MISSIONSTRING_11")], ["HR6",2,"chopper6",306,"n_air","ColorWhite","6",(localize "STR_DOM_MISSIONSTRING_11")],
	["HR7",0,"chopper7",307,"n_air","ColorWhite","7","MAMMUT","Chinook"]
];
GVAR(choppers_east) = [
	["HRR1",0,"chopperR1",401,"n_air","ColorWhite","1",(localize "STR_DOM_MISSIONSTRING_7")], ["HRR2",0,"chopperR2",402,"n_air","ColorWhite","2",(localize "STR_DOM_MISSIONSTRING_8")],
	["HRR3",0,"chopperR3",403,"n_air","ColorWhite","3",(localize "STR_DOM_MISSIONSTRING_9")], ["HRR4",1,"chopperR4",404,"n_air","ColorWhite","W",(localize "STR_DOM_MISSIONSTRING_10")],
	["HRR5",2,"chopperR5",405,"n_air","ColorWhite","5",(localize "STR_DOM_MISSIONSTRING_11")], ["HRR6",2,"chopperR6",406,"n_air","ColorWhite","6",(localize "STR_DOM_MISSIONSTRING_11")]
];
};
#else
switch (true) do {
 case (__ACEVer || __OAVer): {
	GVAR(choppers) = [
		["HR1",0,"chopper1",301,"n_air","ColorWhite","1",(localize "STR_DOM_MISSIONSTRING_7")], ["HR2",2,"chopper2",302,"n_air","ColorWhite","2",""],
		["HR3",2,"chopper3",303,"n_air","ColorWhite","3",""], ["HR4",1,"chopper4",304,"n_air","ColorWhite","W",(localize "STR_DOM_MISSIONSTRING_10")],
		["HR5",2,"chopper5",305,"n_air","ColorWhite","5",""], ["HR6",2,"chopper6",306,"n_air","ColorWhite","6",""],
	];
};
case (__COVer): {
	GVAR(choppers) = [
	];
};
};
#endif

d_ini.sqf

#ifndef __TT__
if (!__ACEVer) then {
	// editor varname, unique number, true = respawn only when the chopper is completely destroyed, false = respawn after some time when no crew is in or chopper is destroyed
	switch (true) do {
		case (__COVer): {
			[[ch1,301,true],[ch2,302,true],[ch3,303,false,1500],[ch4,304,false,1500]] execVM "x_server\x_helirespawn2.sqf"
		};
		case (__OAVer): {
			[[ch1,301,true],[ch2,302,true],[ch3,303,false,1500],[ch4,304,false,1500],[ch5,305,false,600],[ch6,306,false,600],[ch7,307,true]] execVM "x_server\x_helirespawn2.sqf"
		};
	};
} else {
	if (GVAR(enemy_side) == "EAST") then {
		[[ch1,301,true],[ch2,302,true],[ch3,303,false,1500],[ch4,304,false,1500],[ch5,305,false,600],[ch6,306,false,600],[ch7,307,true]] execVM "x_server\x_helirespawn2.sqf"
	} else {
		[[ch1,301,true],[ch2,302,true],[ch3,303,false,1500],[ch4,304,false,1500]] execVM "x_server\x_helirespawn2.sqf"
	};
};

Please be so kind and advise if there is something wrong with the code.

Thanks a lot !