Tankbuster

Editing, Expanding and Modifying Domination

I think he means setting the mission parameters in the server.cfg :).

I know what he means I've just added those ? because it was never broken...

Xeno

No answer to my question on artillery yet but I have another.

A friend and i were testing my 2.60 server and I was putting markers on the map but he could not see them. Is there a setting to fix this? Thanks.

No answer to my question on artillery yet but I have another.

A friend and i were testing my 2.60 server and I was putting markers on the map but he could not see them. Is there a setting to fix this? Thanks.

You have to when you place a marker down on the map, it is dependent on what chat channel you are in as to who can see it.

Ie. If you are in group chat(or you typed last in group chat) then only people in your group can see your markers.

Its a "feature" in arma, has nothing to do with domination.

You have to when you place a marker down on the map, it is dependent on what chat channel you are in as to who can see it.

Ie. If you are in group chat(or you typed last in group chat) then only people in your group can see your markers.

Its a "feature" in arma, has nothing to do with domination.

Thanks!

I know what he means I've just added those ? because it was never broken...

Somebody have an example of a working class Missions {...} c/w working class Params { ... }?

For me it haven't worked since the syntax changed from d_MainTargets (worked) to GVAR(MainTargets) (crashes server, or at least last time I tried which is a long time ago now). Of course, I might have messed up bigtime - wouldn't be the first time :)

As for fasttime, to me it's enabled by default when I don't set any parameters. Extract from Chernarus zc version:

class GVAR(FastTime) {
       title = "Fast time (real - ingame):";
       values[] = {0,1,2,3,4,5};
       default = 5;
       texts[] = {"No fast time","1 sec ~ 1 minute","5 sec ~ 1 minute","10 sec ~ 1 minute","20 sec ~ 1 minute","30 sec ~ 1 minute"};
   };

I was wondering what was the idea of having fast time enabled by default, which is unrealistic, when that also means all weather is getting disabled because of it. Is it a mistake, other players preference, or deliberate?

From x_setupplayer.sqf:

if (GVAR(FastTime) > 0) then {GVAR(weather) = 1};

Bah, copy & pasting anywhere you want is now completely broken in this forum sw? Using Opera, I can only paste at the beginning of the post, making editing a mess :(

Feature request: Ability in the msg system to send messages to logged in admins, that will show up for them even if they aren't currently logged in. It will pop up for them when they log in, and will create an entry in the rpt. To avoid spam, maybe limit to max 5 messages per player.

Edited by CarlGustaffa

Hey!

I wanted to make a 3rd liftchopper class (MH60S (normal), MH60S (wreck) and MV22 (Tanks)

and it says in i_client.sqf :

// also possible:

// _element = GVAR(choppers) select 2; // third chopper

// _elem set [3, GVAR(helilift_types_custom)];

unfortunately, that does make much sense to me (compared to the rest of the arrays)

Have anyone added a 3rd type of lift chopper, and/or can someone help me out please.

Hello there im not sure if this is a ace question or a domination question, but with ACE domi version you know under your main gear section there is that spot where you can add in Morphine, Bandages, and Epi's, and typically you can only have 2 of each in that section, before having to add more into the backpack or the pistol ammo section, i have seen on other server's where they allowed 10 morphines, 10 bandages, and 10 epi's. Can someone tell me how i can make my mission carry more then 2 of the firstaid stuff without having to pack it into backpacks?

ACE_IFAK_Capacity = 10;

The simplest place to put that is in the init.sqf.

Hello there im not sure if this is a ace question or a domination question, but with ACE domi version you know under your main gear section there is that spot where you can add in Morphine, Bandages, and Epi's, and typically you can only have 2 of each in that section, before having to add more into the backpack or the pistol ammo section, i have seen on other server's where they allowed 10 morphines, 10 bandages, and 10 epi's. Can someone tell me how i can make my mission carry more then 2 of the firstaid stuff without having to pack it into backpacks?

Hello

in ver 2.60zc in the description.ext is this

could that be it?

class GVAR(IFAK_Capacity) {
	title = "IFAK Capacity:";
	values[] = {2,4,6,8,10};
	default = 10;
	texts[] = {"2 items","4 items","6 items","8 items","10 items"};

Just another quick question here, I've made a move over to Lingor does anyone know the class names for the op4 units with the lingor units so i can add them into the I_server.sqf area.

and for some reason the Sidemissions, aren't working, i readded the side mission markers, sm_1 exc.. and no marker shows up on the map and nothing spawns on the sidemission. was there something else i should of done like just move the sidemission markers around instead of deleting them and recreating them?

Never mind got that all figured out now

Edited by Woodstock21

Hey guys I've been working on a domination mission and was wondering how to disable the enemy AI vehicles from despawning instantly after they bail out of it if its damaged. This is something I've always disliked about domination because I like to capture the enemy vehicles and its a bit disappointing when they despawn before I can even get close to them.

Not sure if this will help or not but in the Description.ext file there is

class GVAR(delete_mt_vehicles_after_time) {
	title = "Delete MT empty AI vehicles after:";
	values[] = {0,5,10,15,20,25,30,40,60};
	default = 5;
	texts[] = {"Never","5 minutes","10 minutes","15 minutes","20 minutes","25 minutes","30 minutes","40 minutes","60 minutes"};
};

Try changing Default = 5; to Default = 0:

I'm pretty sure I have that set to 0 but I can check again.

EDIT: Yea it's set to zero but they still despawn. :confused:

EDIT2: Found this on dev heaven its a year old though so the scripts could have changed. I haven't got a clue which script it would be in if it is still in 2.60zc. https://dev-heaven.net/issues/17565#change-85934

Edited by BravoM5

I'm having an Error : NoUnit at players sometimes. It helps to relogin.

Anyone knows a "cure" for that?

That seems to be an old ARMA bug. I've seen it in other missions as well.

I'm having an Error : NoUnit at players sometimes. It helps to relogin.

This is indeed an old Arma JIP bug and the only way to solve it is to go back to the server lobby and reconnect again (don't leave the server).

Xeno

Does anyone have any idea why the FiredNear EH behaves oddly in Domination 2.29?

In my 2.29 edit, FiredNear is only capturing gun rounds. it doesn't capture thrown gas or frags, nor dropped satchels.

Everywhere else, FiredNear does capture thrown or put weapons.

Btw : G.R.E.A.T. map/mod Xeno :D Don't know if u're still developing on it, but if u are I have a couple of ideas/suggestions :

Aircraft Counter Defense Flares (as seen in Warfare Light benny edition)

Taxi Reverse (planes go backwards 5 meters when standing still on ground) symbolizes airport TOW trucks, and can save many a rookie pilots from embarrisment ;)

So, anyone have a mission cycle example with parameters that work? If I use the syntax GVAR(parametername) = value, the server crashes with parser error:

.../Params.GVAR':'(' encountered instead of '='

Trying to use only parametername = value doesn't seem to actually set the parameter.

And, do they need to match exactly what is in the mission, or is it sufficient to set only the preferred ones? Our config is probably old and outdated and doesn't have all the new parameters.

Edited by CarlGustaffa

Gday All

I am wanting to add 2 things into my domi edit.

1) I want to add a 3rd MHQ in, which I have done the only thing I am unsure about is getting the teleport to the extra MHQ working, I can teleport back to base but not able to tele to it from flag pole.

2) I am wanting to use AAVP's (USMC) and MTRV's as supply/engi vehicles, I have got the AAVP to work with all the fuctions but cannot get both to work is there a way to write the script so it dose.

_nos = (position player) nearObjects ["Truck", 20];

_notruck = true;

so if I change Truck to AAV I can get it to work, is there a way to have both AAV and Truck, as so they both work??

Thanks in advance

btw I did try and search and did get to page 48 b4 I gave up :)

Edited by BadBenny

The problem with 3 MHQs is that the teleport dialog only has 2 buttons for teleport. You'd need to create another button, the rest isn't too difficult.

Edited by Tankbuster

Gday All

I am wanting to add 2 things into my domi edit.

1) I want to add a 3rd MHQ in, which I have done the only thing I am unsure about is getting the teleport to the extra MHQ working, I can teleport back to base but not able to tele to it from flag pole.

Hi

I have a Domination ver 2.60zc Takistan map with fully working 3 MHQ's .

You can Depbo it and see how it's done.

If you want it

PM me and I will give you the server name to get the map from.

Thanks for your help mousetrap got the map and looking through the scripting now, thanks heaps