Tankbuster

Editing, Expanding and Modifying Domination

When you are tasked to Capture a town and you select this as your current mission in the M screen, the task eventually goes away but leaves the distance to target. How can I make the Task and Distance stay up and not go away?

When you are tasked to Capture a town and you select this as your current mission in the M screen, the task eventually goes away but leaves the distance to target. How can I make the Task and Distance stay up and not go away?

If you're a squad leader, you can command your squad to go there. That'll give them a direction marker on the screen.

You can also put a personal waypoint but doing a left-shift/left click on the map. That'll give you an indicator on the screen giving direction and range. Look carefully though, it can be hard to see in the clutter.

I knew how to do those, I just wanted the "SEIZE VYBOR" to stay up. No biggie.

How would you go about making it so that all players in Dom have the repair ability like the Engineers do?

If you have to add them to an array, can you tell me where and how to do that?

I knew how to do those, I just wanted the "SEIZE VYBOR" to stay up. No biggie.

Oh I see. That can't be done easily. It's hard coded in the game engine.

---------- Post added at 11:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

How would you go about making it so that all players in Dom have the repair ability like the Engineers do?

If you have to add them to an array, can you tell me where and how to do that?

Look in i_client for // is engineer. That lists the names of players who are given Domination coded engineer abilities. But remember there are engineer abilities assigned by the game engine to all engineer units. You'd have to change all your units to engineers to give them these abilities.

I've posted these questions over in another thread, but Tankbuster was kind enough to redirect me to this area so...

1.I've been trying to find the script that controls whether or not a person can use artillery or repair damaged vehicles. However I am unable to find it.

I wish to make the OA version so that it is just like that of the A2 one.

In A2 Domination [1.09] any player can use artillery, drop ammoboxes for themselves, or repair damaged vehicles.

In OA Domination [2.22] only engineers can repair vehicles, only artillery/rescue can call in artillery, and only squad leaders can call in ammo drops.

I wish to make it so that OA Domination copies the A2 version in that all players canuse artillery, drop ammoboxes for themselves, or repair damaged vehicles. Or however I decide.

2.Where is the script that controls the marker attachment to vehicles and helos?

3.How can I put a lock on helicopters or other vehicles so that only members who are on TS3 or are part of a particular clan can use them?

1.I've been trying to find the script that controls whether or not a person can use artillery or repair damaged vehicles. However I am unable to find it.

Look in i_client for two variables defined quite closely together. d_is_engineer and d_can_use artillery.

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 PM ----------

I wish to make the OA version so that it is just like that of the A2 one.

In A2 Domination [1.09] any player can use artillery, drop ammoboxes for themselves, or repair damaged vehicles.

Ah, you're talking about the AI version of the game. IIRC, any player can call arty etc in this version. There's still an AI version in 2.22. You need to use that.

Well good new's I asked 3para for their map and they sent it too me. I once again have a questions. 1. How do I change the name of the map. I have tried with renaming and saving under a different name. They game wont find my file for some reason. So lets say I name it VG_domination_fulljah etc... the file is not found. 2. On the 3para version I have switched every thing over to the American side, And every time I try and get into a helo or jet It says I need the pilot kit. Well I have a pilot kit is there anyway to take that out?.

1. How do I change the name of the map. I have tried with renaming and saving under a different name. They game wont find my file for some reason. So lets say I name it VG_domination_fulljah etc... the file is not found.

That depends on if you're trying to rename the file name or the mission name. For the file name in explorer, it needs to be name.island, so for example in Op4_Domi2_Lingor_West_ACEOA.lingor the red is the file name and the blue is the island name. If you're talking about what it says at the mission selection screen, then you need to click where it says INTEL on the right.

2. On the 3para version I have switched every thing over to the American side, And every time I try and get into a helo or jet It says I need the pilot kit. Well I have a pilot kit is there anyway to take that out?.

d_only_pilots_can_fly in i_client.sqf.

Question Post

Look in i_client for two variables defined quite closely together. d_is_engineer and d_can_use artillery.

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 PM ----------

Ah, you're talking about the AI version of the game. IIRC, any player can call arty etc in this version. There's still an AI version in 2.22. You need to use that.

I know that part of the script however the people I am editing fora group that does not like the use of AI as they lag the server. Is there a way to rewrite it so it will be possible even in the non-AI version?

Edited by DarkGuerilla
adding adjective to make the sentence make sense.

Maybe you can help me. Where would I put this if I wanted to use if for a unit like and M1A1 that I have added to the mission. Or can you show where you put it in the bonus/targetbonus scripts please. Maybe just show half the script or something. Thank you very much for your help my friend.

Nuke

What do you mean by added to the mission? Do you mean added to the vehicle rewards list (for main targets or side mission?) or directly added via the editor?

Question Post

I know that part of the script however the people I am editing fora group that does not like the use of AI as they lag the server. Is there a way to rewrite it so it will be possible even in the non-AI version?

Yes. Look in i_client for two variables defined quite closely together. d_is_engineer and d_can_use artillery.

Yes. Look in i_client for two variables defined quite closely together. d_is_engineer and d_can_use artillery.

Ah and the d_can_call_drop and then add all the units by their name.

Thanks.

EDIT: The above did not work

1.Where is the script that controls the marker attachment to vehicles and helos?

2.How can I put a lock on helicopters or other vehicles so that only members who are on TS3 or are part of a particular clan can use them?

3. How can I change the frequency which the enemy saboteurs come in? (because right now they come in as soon as you kill one group and they just keep coming)

Nuke-

What I do is use a third party script:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6080

Works just fine.

The bonus array for OA is "i_common.sqf" and is explained in some of the earlier posts of this thread.

The M1A1 is in the list on the array.

Edited by DarkGuerilla

Directly added via the editor. I will take a look at that program as well Dark, thank you both.

hello

is there a chance to deactivate the "help callings" ?

"i'm hit", "i need a medic" etc.

regards

Your welcome Nuke.

Massoud-Those are Revive sounds and yes you can remove them.

description.sqf contains the list of the sounds and the sound folder has the sounds.

all you have to do is remove the ones you don't want from description.sqf and do the same to the ones in the sounds file once you figure out which ones they are.

or if you just don't want revive, simply change the #define in the x_setup.sqf

That would be how I'd do it, but I've never messed with revive so don't know what the results would be.

Directly added via the editor. I will take a look at that program as well Dark, thank you both.

Inside the editor when you double click your M1A1 you can try adding this inside the init part :

this setObjectTexture [0,"path\to\texture1.paa"];
this setObjectTexture [1,"path\to\texture2.paa"];

I still can't figure these out.

1.Where is the script that controls the marker attachment to vehicles and helos?

2.How can I put a lock on helicopters or other vehicles so that only members who are on TS3 or are part of a particular clan can use them?

3. How can I change the frequency which the enemy saboteurs come in?

Dark, as far as I know (if I remember correctly) the markers are auto-attached to any vehicle that's defined with an xvec or CH number. If you define a helo within the part of the script that determines whether they are lift choppers etc then it will have a marker on it on the map...

I think.

It's been a while since I last edited a Domination map.

Btw that script is either init.sqf or the i_server.sqf (or is it x_server.sqf i forget).

Edited by TechnoTerrorist303
forgot vital bit of info

Lock them in the editor and unlock them using the server admin.

There's a script in x_client directory called "getincheck" or similar. It should be simple to check the str name of each player and compare that with a list of allowed players.

Tested unmodded and the engineer works sort of..

He is Delta team member of the US Army Engineer corps.

I changed him to a USMC Engineer and he doesn't work at all.

(Same soldier) just changed in the editor.

The action menu is different from the older Domination revisions.

I read BIS now have engineers, do these over ride Xeno's engineers?

In the older missions I would get analyze vehicle and then Repair vehicle as grey\white text option at the bottom of my mouse wheel.

Now I get at the top of my menu options in Green "Fix (What ever vehicle)" I am standing in front of using mouse wheel.

I tried interaction menu and only get switch mags or fill gas.

I also don't see my repair ability come and go like in the past.

Now I have only tested at my base, by damaging my own vehicles.

(Hosted and Previewed on my own system)

I remember seeing Repair ability restored in the past even while working on Base in the older Domination's.

I have even added my unit to the i_Client line and don't get the engineer options to that added Soldier.

I feel I am an above average mission editor when it comes to modding my Xeno Dom missions because I have been doing it for years now.

This is something that ALWAYS worked for me in the past.

I have double checked spelling, and ":" marks etc. I have even edited a mission vanilla mission and ONLY added bravo_1 to the Engineer

line. Still no go. Below is my line.

// is engineer

#ifndef __TT__

d_is_engineer = if !(__ACEVer) then {

["bravo_1","delta_1","delta_2","delta_3","delta_4","delta_5","delta_6"]

Is the BIS code over riding Xeno's?

Is the US Army Engineer the only Engineer that has BIS Eng abilities by default?

Is there a explanation on BIS vs Xeno's Engineers?

Even a link to information would be appreciated.

*** Or is it working for others and I have an addon in conflict or some other issue I need to look at.

Currently I use TWO extra addons, RH MGSWP and JTD HIDE. That is it. But it does add HIDE to the action menu.

SO it could be me

It is not end of the world.

But thanks for any assistance i this.

Edited by Styxx42
Taking ownership of my own issues. :)

I read BIS now have engineers, do these over ride Xeno's engineers?

No, they now both work. The BIS engineering stuff puts the spanner icon on the screen and does a partial repair, the Xeno engineer is accessed through the action menu. Usually, both are available to the engineer, but remember they only appear when close to a damaged vehicle.

The thing is, sometimes the mission doesn't work when you change things like this. For example, adding names into "d_can_use_artillery" doesn't work because in the atry scripts, that variable is effectively ignored because it goes on to check for explicit unit names. It's a shit bit of code and the same may be true for engineers. You'll have to trawl through the engineer scripts.

ou'll have to trawl through the engineer scripts.

Thanks Tankbuster.

That is what I needed to know.

Appreciate the reply. I might just say to hell with the engineer for our server unless players want to be the Engineer.

Really appreciate this thread. It has helped a ton with this 2.54 editing. Thanks again to everyone that has helped populate this.

Xeno is a wacko and so far above me. With out this I would be lost.

(that was a back handed compliment Xeno if you are listening. :) )

And when you think you've fixed it, you know the engineer has to return to base to get his abilities back, but you find that doesn't work either and the only way to get them back is to die.

Despite me and others asking for it to be fixed, it's a long standing bug with Domination. Such a shame. I've fixed it since, but my Domination now barely resembles the 2.29 it's based on and so my code won't work elsewhere.

I'll be releasing mine soon though. It's a Two Team version and has had much of the redundant code (ACE, revive, AI) removed and we've fixed nearly all the bugs, spepling errors and stupid stuff, with the exception of medics getting point for healing, which to be fair, is a game bug, not a mission one.