Tankbuster

Editing, Expanding and Modifying Domination

Hello, I am trying to customize the West_RA_ACE_OA 2.28 version of Domination and I've run into a snag.

I would like to keep the rank system, but remove the limitations on weapons. I would like players to be able to choose any weapon regardless of their rank.

Furthermore, I would like them to be able to choose from weapon boxes placed in the editor (regardless of rank). I do not wish to edit the weaponcargo script to add each weapon and class name to each rank.

I would like to keep the rank requirements for vehicles and all other things, just remove the restrictions on weapons.

Does anyone know how I can do this? Please be specific, thanks for your help fellas!

Delete your old x_client\x_weaponcargor_oa_ace.sqf, make a copy of x_weaponcargo_oa_ace.sqf, and rename it to x_weaponcargor_oa_ace.sqf. You could also edit the existing x_weaponcargor_oa_ace.sqf by moving all the weapons to private.

Delete your old x_client\x_weaponcargor_oa_ace.sqf, make a copy of x_weaponcargo_oa_ace.sqf, and rename it to x_weaponcargor_oa_ace.sqf. You could also edit the existing x_weaponcargor_oa_ace.sqf by moving all the weapons to private.

Better to make the ranked code call x_weaponcargo_oa_ace rather then erasing x_weaponcargor_oa_ace

Renaming the scripts worked, thanks so much. I had actually tried this earlier with no luck, but for some reason trying it a second time did the trick. Thanks for your help. Cheers!:yay:

Ok, sry for the bother. I have read thru this whole thread once but it has been a while. My problem is that whenever the mission on my server is complete it resets with some problems. Primaraly, it comes with AI until people join, and you cannot use artillery. If I stop the server and restart it there are no problems. So, basically. Fresh server start = No problems. Mission Complete restart = problems. I have added the rot for just the one map in my config. I figured the map would resart like new. Not sure where the problem is. Thank you for any help....

nukerat

Nuke, one of the things I have gotten into habit with is typing #missions while admin, which basically resets everything without restarting the server and allows you to repick the mission. Breaks any rotation, but it works. Should fix some of your problems.

Thank you very much for the advice Grimes. I may give that a try. Also, It just so happens I was in game the last time we completed the mission and when it self restarted this time there were none of the problems I mentioned before. So, I guess the Domination ghosts are done effing with me for now. No direspect meant. Xeno and others do a great job with this mission. Thanks again Grimes.

nUKe rAT

Hello all,

Thank you to all you experienced scripters and modders for all the advice and guidance. Reading through everything you all have posted has given me a lot of insight to the ins and outs of scripting, even though I still am pretty lost...I'm a lot closer to figuring out what all the semi colons and commas mean.

I read a few pages back about someone scripting civilians into the mission, has anyone done this with success? I was thinking about trying to add a script to spawn civilians into the main AO, (perhaps the same script used to spawn enemies?) And remove them once the AO has been secured. Making the civvies neutral to both sides, as well as unarmed. Both on foot and in vehicles. Also scripting a random ROE for each town varrying from armed enemies only, to the entire town being declared hostile, with higher degrees of punishment for killing a civilian in the stricter ROE areas,

For example crossroads says: attack "town a" Roe allows targeting armed enemies only

And if A civilian gets killed increase the enemy presence in future AO's as well as not rewarding the team with a vehicle.

Or crossroads says: attack "town B" Entire town declared hostile(spawn fewer civilians)

And decrease the penalty for a civilian kill to only slightly increasing or not increasing at all the enemy presence in another town.

I want this to discourage the use of artillery/bombing/strafing wildly without eyes on to ensure enemy targets aren't mixed in with innocent civilians.

Also is it possible to restrict specific weapons based on a units class, IE the spec ops team(default bravo?) Could use any weapons,[ from my understanding of the MARSOC community they are free to pick almost any and all weapons/attachments that they want]

But Alpha being a 03xx grunt squad could only use M16/M4 variants for the riflemen, 203's for team leaders and grenadiers, M249 for the automatic riflemen only etc, AT for the anti armor guys, Dmr for designated marksmen and snipers, sniper rifles for snipers only. All in non suppressed form

FAC's could carry SD weapons, call in arty be able to carry a laser designator (restricted to him and the specops squad)

make the arty/rescue operator a rescue only(and only allowing him a pistol because in A2 on the last server I played he had no lbv to carry ammo etc.

I know this is a lot of questions and will probably be beyond my skills but id like to give it a shot if you all think it can be done and have any advice or pointers?

There's a switch already in the code to enable civilian spawn. Damned if I can find it right now though!

For limited weapons, have your admin choose "weapons limited" in the startup parameters, but you might want to tweak the array that decides who can carry what in i_client.

That does seem like a major undertaking. Not sure that can be done easily within Domination.

It can definitely be done within Domination, but to do so you'd have to basically rework a bunch of the scripts and go through quite a bit of editing, adding, and removing. I don't recommend it, just to keep you sane :P

Ok, for you geniuses out there I have a small problem. So, here is the deal. When I first started my server up there were some problems with people seeing certain choppers I added. I could see them. However, others could not. So, as a work around I put just OA choppers in. I use the 2.54 west oa version. I was asked to add an apache and did. I used the one that comes with OA. Well, when I tried recently to use an apache from arma 2 library I ran into the same problem with it not being seen by others. I have verified that the others have all the required games/addons. Arma 2, OA, BAF, PMC. I have been able to set up the choppers with the correct spawn and all that. I am just not sure why some people cannot see the choppers from the arma 2 library. Do they need to be added to a different array? Which confuse me a bit due to the titles. Anyway. I realize this is not much information. One other thing. If I change a chopper for example the AH-64D to the AH1z, all I did was change the unit. Left the same chopper name so that it will hit all the right scripts. It just does not show up to some is all. Thanks in advanced for all the help.

nukerat

Ok, for you geniuses out there I have a small problem. So, here is the deal. When I first started my server up there were some problems with people seeing certain choppers I added. I could see them. However, others could not. So, as a work around I put just OA choppers in. I use the 2.54 west oa version. I was asked to add an apache and did. I used the one that comes with OA. Well, when I tried recently to use an apache from arma 2 library I ran into the same problem with it not being seen by others. I have verified that the others have all the required games/addons. Arma 2, OA, BAF, PMC. I have been able to set up the choppers with the correct spawn and all that. I am just not sure why some people cannot see the choppers from the arma 2 library. Do they need to be added to a different array? Which confuse me a bit due to the titles. Anyway. I realize this is not much information. One other thing. If I change a chopper for example the AH-64D to the AH1z, all I did was change the unit. Left the same chopper name so that it will hit all the right scripts. It just does not show up to some is all. Thanks in advanced for all the help.

nukerat

They dont have Arma Combined Ops so cant see choppers from Arma 2 only the ones from OA.

Only use OA choppers would be the solution.

So even though they have both OA and Arma 2, they still need to set it up as combined ops? Or are you speaking of Domination not having a CO mission?

Nuke

New guy here with a quick question. Is there a Fallujah Domination map out there without ace? The group of guys I game with have been wanting to try it out, most of them don't have ace and refuse to get it. I found a version a few post back and it kept telling me it need ace mod stuff. Any help would be great.

Hey guys,

I have been running into a multiplayer issue while changing a vehicle texture using the setObjectTexture method.

Basically I have added the LAV25 to the list of bonus vehicles and I am trying to apply a desert camo texture to it.

In the x_getbonus.sqf/x_gettargetbonus.sqf I have added the correct setObjectTexture lines right after the bonus vehicle is created (if that's a LAV25) also did a few changes to the wreck repair script when the vehicle is recreated, and everything works fine as long as I am hosting the domi.

On a dedicated server this simply just doesn't work at all though.

I have read here that setObjectTexture in MP only has a local effect and I should execute it on each client to avoid this problem.

Anyone with an idea on how to do that? Also what about the JIP players?

Any help would be much appreciated! :)

So even though they have both OA and Arma 2, they still need to set it up as combined ops? Or are you speaking of Domination not having a CO mission?

Nuke

Yup they are loading only OA and cant see the chopper from A2, they need to run both.

use spirited machines launcher i find it the best.

New guy here with a quick question. Is there a Fallujah Domination map out there without ace? The group of guys I game with have been wanting to try it out, most of them don't have ace and refuse to get it. I found a version a few post back and it kept telling me it need ace mod stuff. Any help would be great.

3PARA clan runs a domination fallujah without ACE, just filter for para in server list.

Also here is 3PARA web page:

http://www.3para-gu.com/

@Admin delete my link if it violates any rule. im just referring to the mission and where to get it.

Yup they are loading only OA and cant see the chopper from A2, they need to run both.

use spirited machines launcher i find it the best.

Pc Format Official Runner Up Award 2010

Thank you very much my friend. I sure appreciate the help.

Nuke

3PARA clan runs a domination fallujah without ACE, just filter for para in server list.

No dice on that. Someone had to have that map floating around here some where. Thanks anyway.

No dice on that. Someone had to have that map floating around here some where. Thanks anyway.

Simply join their public server and extract the mission from your MP cache files..

Ah well..

Simply join their public server and extract the mission from your MP cache files..

Ah well..

^^

Thats what we did.

Hey guys,

I have been running into a multiplayer issue while changing a vehicle texture using the setObjectTexture method.

Basically I have added the LAV25 to the list of bonus vehicles and I am trying to apply a desert camo texture to it.

In the x_getbonus.sqf/x_gettargetbonus.sqf I have added the correct setObjectTexture lines right after the bonus vehicle is created (if that's a LAV25) also did a few changes to the wreck repair script when the vehicle is recreated, and everything works fine as long as I am hosting the domi.

On a dedicated server this simply just doesn't work at all though.

I have read here that setObjectTexture in MP only has a local effect and I should execute it on each client to avoid this problem.

Anyone with an idea on how to do that? Also what about the JIP players?

Any help would be much appreciated! :)

I finally managed to fix it myself, this also seems to be working for JIP :yay:

For those interested here's how I (sort of) did it:

if (typeOf _vehicle == "LAV25") then {
   _vehicle setVehicleInit "this setObjectTexture [0, ""desert_camo\LAV25\texture1.paa""]";
   _vehicle setVehicleInit "this setObjectTexture [1, ""desert_camo\LAV25\texture2.paa""]";
   processInitCommands;
};

I finally managed to fix it myself, this also seems to be working for JIP

For those interested here's how I (sort of) did it:

Maybe you can help me. Where would I put this if I wanted to use if for a unit like and M1A1 that I have added to the mission. Or can you show where you put it in the bonus/targetbonus scripts please. Maybe just show half the script or something. Thank you very much for your help my friend.

Nuke