Tankbuster

Editing, Expanding and Modifying Domination

Why? Almost every feature would have to be turned off... At least back in the day the RACS were some kind of Army gang instead of rednecks with guns :p I don't think it will happen. It just doesn't make sense.

Oh look. We've won a KA-60.

Now we've won an SUV.

Another side mission won. We've won a KA-60.

Yey. Main target taken. We've won a SUV.

You get the idea?

Been editing for a little while now, but recently our clan has been harking for nostalgia (without losing what we've already got, get the drift? haha). Anyway, a few of the lads wanted to see the re-introduction of reinforcements not only arriving by chopper, but also by land, ie., a convoy of sorts. Now I personally can't remember convoys arriving in Domi 1, but I do in evo 1 (I think, long time ago). Anyway, I'm guessing one would have to incorporate it into the same script as the chopper reinforcements but I had a look at that and it wasn't what I expected (I was hoping for some nice easy code with unitclasses etc. instead its made for those above). So I was going to ask if you guys had any bright ideas? I tried downloading and having a geeze at the old evo 1 scripts but its not nearly as clearly laid out and you really have to know what your looking for to find it...

In summary, reinforcements arrive by small convoy, perhaps a ural of troops and a uaz and bmp. Convoy would have to spawn approx 3km away from objective so that they could reach it in time (travelling half the map would not be a good idea). Convoy reinforcements would have to be tied to radio tower down. Could be an independent script from heli reinforce, with a similar layout.

Edited by greasy_trigger

I find that I often get an island patrol entering the AO in my TT vers, maybe 1 time in 5. It's not reinforcements as such, but it looks that way. It's usually a ZSU Ural, a MBT and an APC. You could increase the frequency of the island patrols and add troop carrying ural for similar effect.

I use Zeus, though don't think that has anything to do with it. It does seem to spawn a squad outside the AO though, often a nasty surprise for an team flying in with an MHQ underslung.

We tend not to play with isle defence as it can be quite annoying, eg just about finished an mt and a convoy rolls in etc. Where as somehow tying it to the radio tower would be better, I think I'll try ripping out evo 1 and having a look again for it

I'll advice against ripping on this one. Evo probably have all the other stuff that supports this functionality done in other ways. Do look at how it does it, but it's best to make it from scratch, evo way, but using the support functions that already exists within Domination (adddead, removal scripts and all that).

And yeah, connecting it to the radio tower seems like a good idea. Feels natural.

Im working on another conversion and Im trying to find where to change the camo tents from brown to green on the Radar and the two AA sites at base. I cant find them anywhere after searching many differnt class names. Im not even sure what Im searching for.

So far I have searched for all the EP1 radars and changed them to non ep1 but nothing has changed. Ive spent 4 hours on just this part and I need some help. I did manage to change the mhq and support trucks tents

Anyone come across where you add vehicles or air to a DOM map and they won't respawn. I added an A-10 and it won't respawn, however the AH-64 I added will.

Any ideas if the A-10 is blacklisted anywhere from respawning?

I've got a couple of questions that I hope someone has the answer to. I saw that at least one of them has been asked earlier, but didn't find a reply.

We're playing both DomiA2 ACE 2.11, and DomiOA ACE 2.54.

When I modify the Chernarus map with some new units, i.e. just editing the already existing playable units with new models, the ammocrate suddenly only contains East weapons. Why is that, and how do we correct it? As far as I've been told, this also is the case for some of the default soldiers on Team Echo.

The other problem I think I have is that I would like parachutes to despawn. So they won't be lying around on the ground. The same with enemy wrecks that have been left for say time, and has noone around it. Is this possible? It might be my imagination, but I always think that a Domination server starts to lag more and more as we progress in the game, and had a theory that all the items left behind is the case. Even single shot launcher tubes. I love that they stay on the ground, but after we leave the area, we basically don't need to see them anymore :)

Hope someone could answer this! Thanks in advance.

In the x_client/weaponcargo script, you need to add the factions properly. What it does is checks to see if the player is in a list of known West factions, if they are, it spawns a west ammo cache, if not it spawns an east one.

Line 12 of x_weaponcargo_oa_ace is

if (d_player_faction in ["USMC", "CDF", "BIS_US", "BIS_CZ", "BIS_GER","ACE_USARMY","ACE_BLUFOR_USARMY","ACE_BLUFOR_USMC_Desert"]) then 

You are probably going to need to find the faction of the units you are adding in and add them to that list. This is a very common mistake, especially when people are adding BAF units.

Hope that's self explanatory. weapon cargo scripts named something "r" are for ranked games, OA are for Takistan and ACE ones are for ACE2.

I would first like to thank all of you for your support on the Dom scripting. I have just finished reading all 54 pages. It took a few hours as I was playing with the scripts myself as I went along. Special thanks to Xeno and the handfull of the ones that do most the responding to newb questions such as the one I have coming.

I have been able to add choppers and the like as well as get them to respawn and show with the markers I want. However, my problem comes with the welcome message. I would like to add a welcome message to one of my Black hawks that say "Side Missions Only use". Or something around those lines. I found the other welcome messages in x_chop_hud. And I see to some degree how the others are applied. I am just not sure where to add a seperate "case:" for a different chopper other than 0 or 1 or default. This is where I have been...

private ["_state", "_vec", "_welcome_str1", "_welcome_str2", "_welcome_str3", "_welcome_str4", "_end_welcome", "_hud", "_control"];

disableSerialization;

d_rsc_end = false;

_state = _this select 0;

_vec = _this select 1;

_welcome_str1 = format ["Welcome on board, %1!", name player];

switch (_state) do {

case 1: {

_welcome_str2 = "This is the wreck lift chopper.";

_welcome_str3 = "Remember, it can only lift wrecks.";

};

case 0: {

_welcome_str2 = "This is a normal lift chopper.";

_welcome_str3 = "It can lift allmost any vehicle except wrecks.";

};

default {

_welcome_str2 = "This is a normal chopper.";

_welcome_str3 = "It is not able to lift anything.";

};

};

And futher down their is this:

_chdispx2 = __uiGetVar(DCHOP_HUD2);

_controlxx = _chdispx2 displayCtrl 61422;

_controlxx ctrlSetText (switch (_chopttype) do {

case 1: {"Wreck Lift Chopper"};

case 0: {"Lift Chopper"};

});

I though possibly the type of chopper in this text below was equal to the case: # but I am at a loss.

// chopper varname, type (0 = lift chopper, 1 = wreck lift chopper, 2 = normal chopper), marker name, unique number (same as in init.sqf), marker type, marker color, marker text, chopper string name

#ifdef __TT__

if !(__ACEVer) then {

d_choppers_west = [

["HR1",0,"chopper1",301,"n_air","ColorWhite","1","Lift One"], ["HR2",0,"chopper2",302,"n_air","ColorWhite","2","Lift Two"],

["HR3",0,"chopper3",303,"n_air","ColorWhite","3","Lift Three"], ["HR4",1,"chopper4",304,"n_air","ColorWhite","W","Wreck Lift"],

["HR5",2,"chopper5",305,"n_air","ColorWhite","5","Normal"], ["HR6",2,"chopper6",306,"n_air","ColorWhite","6","Normal"]

];

d_choppers_east = [

["HRR1",0,"chopperR1",401,"n_air","ColorWhite","1","Lift One"], ["HRR2",0,"chopperR2",402,"n_air","ColorWhite","2","Lift Two"],

["HRR3",0,"chopperR3",403,"n_air","ColorWhite","3","Lift Three"], ["HRR4",1,"chopperR4",404,"n_air","ColorWhite","W","Wreck Lift"],

["HRR5",2,"chopperR5",405,"n_air","ColorWhite","5","Normal"], ["HRR6",2,"chopperR6",406,"n_air","ColorWhite","6","Normal"]

];

} else {

d_choppers_west = [

["HR1",0,"chopper1",301,"n_air","ColorWhite","1","Lift One"], ["HR2",0,"chopper2",302,"n_air","ColorWhite","2","Lift Two"],

["HR3",0,"chopper3",303,"n_air","ColorWhite","3","Lift Three"], ["HR4",1,"chopper4",304,"n_air","ColorWhite","W","Wreck Lift"],

["HR5",2,"chopper5",305,"n_air","ColorWhite","5","Normal"], ["HR6",2,"chopper6",306,"n_air","ColorWhite","6","Normal"]

];

d_choppers_east = [

["HRR1",0,"chopperR1",401,"n_air","ColorWhite","1","Lift One"], ["HRR2",0,"chopperR2",402,"n_air","ColorWhite","2","Lift Two"],

["HRR3",0,"chopperR3",403,"n_air","ColorWhite","3","Lift Three"], ["HRR4",1,"chopperR4",404,"n_air","ColorWhite","W","Wreck Lift"],

["HRR5",2,"chopperR5",405,"n_air","ColorWhite","5","Normal"], ["HRR6",2,"chopperR6",406,"n_air","ColorWhite","6","Normal"]

];

};

#else

switch (true) do {

case (__ACEVer || __OAVer): {

d_choppers = [

["HR1",0,"chopper1",301,"n_air","ColorWhite","1","Lift One"], ["HR2",2,"chopper2",302,"n_air","ColorWhite","2",""],

["HR3",2,"chopper3",303,"n_air","ColorWhite","3",""], ["HR4",1,"chopper4",304,"n_air","ColorWhite","W","Wreck Lift"],

["HR5",2,"chopper5",305,"n_air","ColorWhite","5",""], ["HR6",2,"chopper6",306,"n_air","ColorWhite","6",""]

];

};

default {

d_choppers = [

["HR3",0,"chopper3",303,"n_air","ColorWhite","3","Lift Three"], ["HR4",1,"chopper4",304,"n_air","ColorWhite","W","Wreck Lift"]

];

};

};

#endif

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, sorry for the long message.

P.S. These are copies from the original OA 2.54 version. I realize my added choppers are not in the above script. Thank you all again for your time.:)

:yay:Solution Found. I figured it out to some degree...I am adding my changes to help aid anyone else looking for the same answers. The changes I made will be in red.

i_client

#else

switch (true) do {

case (__ACEVer || __OAVer): {

d_choppers = [

["HR1",0,"chopper1",301,"n_air","ColorWhite","1","Lift One"], ["HR2",2,"chopper2",302,"n_air","ColorWhite","2",""],

["HR3",2,"chopper3",303,"n_air","ColorWhite","3",""], ["HR4",1,"chopper4",304,"n_air","ColorWhite","W","Wreck Lift"],

["HR5",2,"chopper5",305,"n_air","ColorWhite","5",""], ["HR6",2,"chopper6",306,"n_air","ColorWhite","6",""],

["HR7",3,"chopper7",307,"n_air","ColorRed","S/M",""] ];

};

default {

d_choppers = [

["HR3",0,"chopper3",303,"n_air","ColorWhite","3","Lift Three"], ["HR4",1,"chopper4",304,"n_air","ColorWhite","W","Wreck Lift"]

];

};

};

The second variable I changed to a 3 and added a case 3 in the next script as you will see...

x_client / x_chop_hud

_X_Chopper_Welcome = {

private ["_state", "_vec", "_welcome_str1", "_welcome_str2", "_welcome_str3", "_welcome_str4", "_end_welcome", "_hud", "_control"];

disableSerialization;

d_rsc_end = false;

_state = _this select 0;

_vec = _this select 1;

_welcome_str1 = format ["Welcome on board, %1!", name player];

switch (_state) do {

case 3: {

_welcome_str2 = "This Chopper is to be used for SIDE";

_welcome_str3 = "MISSIONS ONLY Please.";

};

case 1: {

_welcome_str2 = "This is the wreck lift chopper.";

_welcome_str3 = "Remember, it can only lift wrecks.";

};

case 0: {

_welcome_str2 = "This is a normal lift chopper.";

_welcome_str3 = "It can lift allmost any vehicle except wrecks.";

};

default {

_welcome_str2 = "This is a normal chopper.";

_welcome_str3 = "It is not able to lift anything.";

};

};

Further down the script there is a place to change the text type and that sort of thing. It is out of my expierence though as it applies to all text I believe. I would only want to change maybe some colors here and there. So it was left as is. I believe you may be able to add "a _welcome_str5" there and equate it to changes above if you wanted to add an additional line perhaps. I am not sure though and have not tested it. Be sure to add your additional chopper to the init script as well. Hope this helps a bit. Thank you again to all the contributers in this thread.:D

Edited by nukerat
Solution Found

hi all :)

somone know if is there a method to start map with town captured?

i mean, for example, i want that feruz abad and chak chak are free from enemy faction (green on map)... so they can be take during the game from ai mobile forces.

Hey all,

As I wrote on the Domination thread in 'User Missions':

Just out of curiousity:

How does one take the 'fast time' parameter and apply it to a separate mission? I can probably move the actual parameter itself across via description.ext, but how is the fast time actually executed? Is there something deep in the code?

Thank you

Followed by:

Do you know if the one in Domination has the cloud-skipping problem, where each change of time/date moves the clouds suddenly? I can't remember seeing it in Domination, and it's quite immersion breaking

Any help would be appreciated.

Looking for a time-acceleration script for my attempt at an RPG mission. It seems the domination version is the most suitable, but I can't seem to find it in the mission's scripts/files.

Cheers, guys :)

Edited by HateDread

One little question:

I just wanted create a new port of co30_Domination_2_54A2_West_AI_OA for our server with PMC instead of US as main-team.

The problem is, how can you specify which units are recruit-able at the barracks (in this case it should be the PMC-fraction)?-The only thing I found so far is this:

x_client/x_addsoldier.sqf [line 47-51]:

#ifdef __OA__

_ai_side_char = switch (d_own_side) do {

case "GUER": {"GUE"};

case "WEST": {"US"};

case "EAST": {"TK"};

Anyone knows how to do this (or are there other files in the mission which you have to edit)?

edit:

Nevermind-found the solution I think:

x_client/x_setupplayer.sqf [line 558-566]:

#ifdef __OA__

__aiadda ["Recruit Soldier" call XBlueText,_script,"%1_Soldier_EP1"];

__aiadda ["Recruit AT Soldier" call XBlueText,_script,"%1_Soldier_AT_EP1"];

__aiadda ["Recruit Medic" call XBlueText,_script,"%1_Soldier_Medic_EP1"];

__aiadda ["Recruit MG Gunner" call XBlueText,_script,"%1_Soldier_MG_EP1"];

__aiadda ["Recruit Grenadier" call XBlueText,_script,"%1_Soldier_GL_EP1"];

__aiadda ["Recruit Sniper" call XBlueText,_script,"%1_Soldier_Sniper_EP1"];

__aiadda ["Recruit AA Soldier" call XBlueText,_script,"%1_Soldier_AA_EP1"];

__aiadda ["Recruit Specop" call XBlueText,_script,"Specop"];

Edited by WillaCHilla

Has Anybody got a version of Domination that has been converted to BAF that they would be willing to share. I have searched this thread to no avail and I am not very good at scripting myself. Thanks for any help

@LockJaw: Here at the 3para-gu clan, we love this domination and keep tweaking it continiously to our pleasure. We are a british based clan so we have integrated BAF. Also we place PSB's and IED's for more 'fun' ! We have a version on Takistan and Fallujah (V1.0) And NO ACE is needed! (not allowed on our server) :cool:

We don't think our creations are for public release here on armaholic, because we don't want to go into any hassle with the huge community and think all credits belong with the original builders already present here. :o

We www.3para-gu.com do have a public server up an running 24/7 which you can join, and then u will have that version in your local cache folder! Dig it up there, un-PBO the stuff and you can change it to your convenience! :eek:

Again all credits belong to original builders like Xeno, Norrin, Shezan74, MrMurray, and all others that do supply wonderfull scripts, map & mods on armaholic. We are only able to do so because of the all the wonderfull releases here on Armaholic, and some little knowledge & great effort from one of our teammember 2Lt Rob. :yay: (We eagerly hope for a new Domination release)

Edited by BoomBoomSate
typo

Many thanks, im heading there now :)

I checked out your server but it only had version with Fallujah running. I only want the takistan version. I will try again later ;)

Edited by LockJaw-65-

hi all

somone know where can i find the radius of enemy AI are create?

i want improve the area of AI creation without changing radius of marker or radius of trigger that check town

this because car and tanks spawn too near and block each other...

Ok got the mission files downloaded, I know this is a very basic question and I know I have seen this asked lots of times but where can you find the downloaded mission files ?

Have been searching for nearly an hour now lol

Ok got the mission files downloaded, I know this is a very basic question and I know I have seen this asked lots of times but where can you find the downloaded mission files ?

Have been searching for nearly an hour now lol

wandering oftopic i think ... :butbut:

Depending on your windows version. Its probably a hiddenfolder. For Vista fe. it's:

c:\users\BoomBoomSate\AppData\Local\Arma2 OA\MPMissionsCache

Easiest to look for your arma errorlogifle: arma2oa.RPT :j:

Hej

Im a total noob at this, but basicly ive been trying to edit the Wounds 2,54 for takistan, put in someH barrieres and stuff, and some vehicels, but now when i load the mission on the server, all the soldiers are spawned as AI and everytime i try to take a chopper a new one spawns under it, (only first time)

its like all units and Soldiers that were in the mission before now spawns on mission load.. pretty frustrating

Some help would be appriciated

What I don't like about revive is that it isn't revive but reanimate or resurrection of the dead. There are many cases where revive should not kick in, instead of kick in on everything. Although it does enhance teamplay, it also speeds up the game far too much. In revive games, everyone takes far too wild chances. So I just don't play them anymore.

I'm against this practice (but I understand it), which unfortunately I see more and more of. It's better to use "only_pilots_can_fly" and occupy those slots yourselves when needed. Pilots should have other restrictions though. Could probably say the same about tank crews. I'm just sooo tired of this engineer crew and medic pilot nonsense that goes around. Total freedom is only good on paper.

Forcing you to select what kind of aid asset you want to have available, forces you to solve missions in a particular way (= fun and challenging). Having both allows for more stupid gameplay than desired (= boring and annoying).

Check the hard core missions. When you die, you're out. The cost is huge. Obviously you can't have this in a persistent mission like this, but I don't see why it has to remain the complete opposite. In Dominatrix/ACE1/Arma1 I used revive, but you only gained a life for every 4 you revived, you only lost a life when respawned, but you only got 4 lives per remaining target! Convenience suicide - not a solution ;) If you were out of lives, you spawned as seagull, and if you rejoined the cost was loss of all score.

Basically, there is too much convenience programmed into the mission, available at all times. I sincerely believe that if we had to pick between them it would improve gameplay.

Again, just thinking out loud here :)

i agree with almost everything you said, its just far too convenient playing as an infantry man and trying work with other infantry around you when everyone is either in helicopters/artillery/tanks/big guns firing at the ao to get high score. or when everyone grabs an m107 or dmr and snipes like crazy, or camps near the mhq (fault is the guy who moved the hq there to begin with tho)

this is why i only play coop missions with my clan, we all have our mos, we all have our squads and fireteams, and we all know what our jobs are and how to accomplish them. ace wounds and one life policy makes this a very serious, competitive, but incredibly addicting and fun game to play.

i guess arma was just meant to be played as coop, pub servers without the maturity and knowledge of how to work as a fireteam, move in formation, overwatch/etc and knowing their role is one of the things that kills the online experience.