Tankbuster

Editing, Expanding and Modifying Domination

It may or may not be relevant, but the enemy don't actually physically fire those flares, they are created by mission scripts.

I'm sure that MTSightedByEnemy is used with some kbTell command somewhere. I suggest you get either UltraEdit (which I'm using) or Notepad++ (freeware, which many likes). Syntax highlighting and indenting schemes exist for both.

Thanks again Carl,

Downloaded and installed Notepad++, searched for and found the references to MTSightedByEnemy, and the switch is "d_mt_spotted = true", so i can now trigger the flares on true.

Thanks

@Tankbuster, shot mate. I know it is a script. (shot means thanks btw)

No problem. :)

WARNING! For those who haven't tried yet - DON'T attempt to use the new beta command mergeConfigFile with Domination. It can completely break it, without any error messages. The command breaks (possibly among other things) countType, which is used several places.

http://dev-heaven.net/attachments/download/8323/d4.jpg

D4 will bring some changes regarding gameplay...

Most significant change is that you can now also loose the mission.

In contrast to the previous versions you have to advance and defend now both at the same time.

The enemy is doing the same, they also try to advance and defend.

If you loose all targets well, the mission is lost, if you can seize all targets, you'll win.

Targets don't have to be cities, the underlying system just needs one logic per target, the

rest is done automatically.

Additionally there will be only three versions. One East and one West coop version and one Two Teams PvP version.

A revive system written from scratch is now part of the core mission and allways active.

Another new feature is that ammunition and other supplies like fuel will not allways be available.

Convoys will deliver you new supplies but it might happen that the enemy finds a convoy and destroys it.

There are many other new features and changes, specially regarding performance a lot has changed.

The mission is still WIP and I hope to release the new version this year.

There ya go.

D4 will bring some changes regarding gameplay...

Most significant change is that you can now also loose the mission.

In contrast to the previous versions you have to advance and defend now both at the same time.

The enemy is doing the same, they also try to advance and defend.

If you loose all targets well, the mission is lost, if you can seize all targets, you'll win.

Targets don't have to be cities, the underlying system just needs one logic per target, the

rest is done automatically.

Additionally there will be only three versions. One East and one West coop version and one Two Teams PvP version.

A revive system written from scratch is now part of the core mission and allways active.

Another new feature is that ammunition and other supplies like fuel will not allways be available.

Convoys will deliver you new supplies but it might happen that the enemy finds a convoy and destroys it.

There are many other new features and changes, specially regarding performance a lot has changed.

The mission is still WIP and I hope to release the new version this year.

New objective system:

15818490.jpg

New built-in revive system:

d14o.jpg

Thanks.

Any way to declare a primary/secondary/side mission as borked and giving up on it? Sometimes for whatever reason, that happens. A way to punt and move on would seem to go well with the ideas listed in D4.

I had an 'admin end side mission' button on the admin dialogue, but we've since broke it by changing something else.

Ive tried to search before asking...

Which files do i need to use in order to add the "mission" system into a empty mission?

You know the part that keeps the missions and sidemissions going.

Capture XXX town, spawning bunkers to be captured, radiotower and so on?

Somebody can help me with this?

Probably easier to start with the full version and removing the stuff you don't want. Domination is just too complex to try to build from scratch like this. Simply put, you can't just copy a few files to achieve what you want.

Probably easier to start with the full version and removing the stuff you don't want. Domination is just too complex to try to build from scratch like this. Simply put, you can't just copy a few files to achieve what you want.

Bingo. I'd say the place you'll have trouble with is the different routes.

Thanks.

Any way to declare a primary/secondary/side mission as borked and giving up on it? Sometimes for whatever reason, that happens. A way to punt and move on would seem to go well with the ideas listed in D4.

I have a similar query:

Is it possible to monitor daytime in sidemissions and end the mission based on the time?

I have tried (in dom 1.27, as I do not have OA) to no avail.

I have been able to create 2 variables that select 2 mission arrays based on day or night hours, so that missions that are traditionally attempted in daylight hours, are selected for daytime, and vice versa.

if (daytime > 19.75 || daytime < 6.50) then {

sm_array = sm_N_array;//night mission array

} else {

sm_array = sm_D_array;//day mission array

};

BUT, the missions I have selected to be Night only, are the "Officer in Kamyshovo" type. (side mission 12)

No matter how I code the mission or missionsetup with:

if (daytime > 6.25) then {

d_side_mission_winner = -1000; // added to sidemissionwinner.sqf

d_side_mission_resolved = true;

} else {};

I cannot get it to work.

I suspect it is due to the mission end being based on an event (officer "killed").

The officer is created and an addEventHandler is used:

_sm_vehicle addEventHandler ["killed", {_this call XKilledSMTargetNormal}];

and in missionsetup.sqf:

XKilledSMTargetNormal = {

d_side_mission_winner = if (side (_this select 1) == d_side_player) then {2} else {-1};

d_side_mission_resolved = true;

};

ANY ideas on how it may be possible to end the mission at dawn (daytime > 6.25)?

Thanks

Edited by muzashi1963

Has any one had any luck with changing the mission arrays to show all missions all the time.

Basically start tvt all AO's show in grey (neutral) no guerilla. East vs West to try and hold all camps as your own.

With an implemented ticket bleed system or a max total team points or something.

I have had a gander into it but the code is just overwhelming to me!

I want to move domination over to a smaller map for this scenario.

Edited by Rabble-Rouser
small quick adddition

Considering you just joined, I'm recommending you learn some more about scripting, before moving on to scripting for multiplayer, before finally attacking something as massive as Domination. The learning curve is fairly steep as it is with information usually not suitable for copy & paste examples.

Domination is readily setup for simple modifications by means of changing the "rules" (description.ext), and it used to be easily readable for newbies (myself at the time, but had scripted a little for OFP). But it has evolved since then and I'm no longer considering it easy. But I've been doing it for a long time and know my way around the scripts and have a good feeling of what to find inside just by looking at the filename.

Yes it is possible, in fact just about anything is possible. I've changed out the marker system to use ICON instead of ELLIPSE, with color updating and name changing according to the situation. But I wouldn't know how to start explaining it, because it wasn't trivial to do. I think your best bet is to show other markers, maybe icons with numbers or lines depicting a route, and leave the current system as it is.

Search for BiB server (bib.moo.no) and grab a copy of Domino (not stress tested yet, may well fail). If you activate debug mode in SP (not available as a "rule"), you'll find that I'm using a different approach to what the targets will become (not simply random anymore, but considers distance etc, much like I think upcoming D4 appears to be using). Also route markers will be drawn between the targets.

Question is, do you really want to show the targets long before they are generated? It can lead to problems. Keep in mind the mission area isn't generated until the the current mission is finished, meaning you could have a massive exploit possibility right there. I have weighted this back and forth for a while and ended up with not showing them.

So lately I have noticed that vehicles being lifted by a helicopter do not detect the ground, so they go right in, through, and out. Smooth, but very annoying. When you hit release they spawn in the right spot above land. Anyone else have this issue, or know a way to fix it?

You could try to continuously attachTo lifter, using variable z position, while the distance is below the normal distance. I've never attempted this though in Arma2.

You could try to continuously attachTo lifter, using variable z position, while the distance is below the normal distance. I've never attempted this though in Arma2.

I actually fixed it. Not exactly sure how lol. Maybe it's lag related.

Thanks Carl

I knew it was possible. I'll keep diggin around and watching this thread among others. I am just starting to really get into this game engine so it is all new to me compared to the smaller projects I have done before.

As for the Domination I just really dig the overall game style and want to adjust only a couple things. So starting from a freely offered up template was a big bonus.

What I've noticed with this is that the lift chopper pilot sees the lifted vehicle settle on the ground when the chopper gets low, yet other clients (including any crew of the lifted vehicle) see it disappear below ground. This leads to think it's the chopper pilots local helilift script is the first place to look.

For me it's like this (even in singleplayer preview): The attachTo tries to put the vehicle below ground. The collision system tries to snap it to the ground. For me attachTo is winning most of the time. There are brief moments when the vehicle is on the ground, but usually it's intersecting or below. As long as there is no damage applied (and I can only lift empty vehicles) this is something I have chosen to ignore. I did something about it in Arma1 though, when everything was setPos based.