Tankbuster

Editing, Expanding and Modifying Domination

There is, but I don't think it was an external variable. Check the bonus/rewards scripts iirc, the randomness is handled there... I think...

Got it.

x_server/x_getbonus.sqf

_airval = 50;

_chance = floor (random 100);

Fix for scud side mission (x_m07.sqf) failing.

Firstly, the variables for keeping track of which team scored what during this mission in the TT version wasn't defined, so was throwing a script error.

Secondly, the scud vehicle itself spawned half in a lake. :)

TT users need this most, but I'd suggest all users should get it.

**Link removed** It worked locally but not on DS. Will fix and repost.

Edited by Tankbuster

I thought someone else in this thread already fixed the issues with the scud mission. Not sure about any TT issues, but at least moved it to an alternative position. One time I did the mission there were only two guys around with guns, rest had gone for a swim. :p

So I want to add/delete/change the AI infantry and Avenger that are spawned at base through scripts. Which script is this done in? Searching classnames didn't work.

x_server\x_initx.sqf. I ended up just removing them all because I kept finding them attacking AOs for reasons unknown.

If you want to remove them, just delete or comment out everything from #ifndef __TT__ to the #endif at the bottom.

Done. Left the avenger and radar stations in, but took out the pesky "basic" infantry. Thanks!

I thought someone else in this thread already fixed the issues with the scud mission. Not sure about any TT issues, but at least moved it to an alternative position. One time I did the mission there were only two guys around with guns, rest had gone for a swim. :p

I think I've re-fixed it. There's also a problem with (read the name backwards) M11 Kill Nib Nedal. His bodyguards shoot him the moment they spawn. :D Need to swap him for something the same side as his bodyguards.

Nib Nedal :D Awesome Xeno. Never caught that one before :) Hmm, the killing doesn't happen to me. But he have a stop command on him (_leadero disableAI "MOVE";). So he won't turn and fire on you unless you just happen to move in front of his gun. Not good. A reason why disableAI "ROTATE" should be included.

It's his bodyguards who kill him. They are enemy to him. I think this problem is unique to TT, as are many others.

How exactly do you have it set up? Do you mean you added them to the wreck lift table without adding them to the main or side bonus arrays? If you could copy/paste exactly what you changed it might make it easier.

Sorry, I should have been more clear, but I had to run.

Through the mission editor I added them to the map. I would like them to act as bonus vehicles, where we get them to start, but have to fix the wrecks, so no respawn.

So I can see them added in mission.sqm as: ACE_Stryker_ICV_MK19_SLAT, ACE_Stryker_ICV_M2_SLAT.

From what I understand, the wrecks that the wreck chopper can pick up are the in mt_bonus_vehicle_array and sm_bonus_vehicle_array, which those two vehicles are. But if I destroy them, I cannot pick them up with the chopper. Everything else I have added, Bradleys, Little bird gunships, HUMMWs work fine. I am just clueless as to why the Strykers wouldnt work, they are already listed.

Once you've added a vehicle to either bonus array, the wreck chopper should be able to lift them.

Are you sure you're using the right chopper?

Are you sure you're using the right d_version and #ifdef?

I just tested them on mine and they lift just fine. Make sure you're in #ifdef __DEFAULT__ and not #ifdef __EVERON__ or #ifdef __TT__. Also make sure you're adding them under

case (__OAVer): {

if (__ACEVer) then {

and not the one below that which is simply case (__ACEVer): {.

Looks like that is the correct direction. I am running ACE OA, but it looks like it is using just the OA string for some reason. I just copied them from the ACE line to the OA line and they work now. Everything says I am running ACE, so not sure why that isn't working correctly. Thanks guys.

Not that I know of. You have the usual locked enemy cars, armor, and air vehicles. I've dealt with enemy statics (my active ROE says not to use enemy equipment, and it's supposed to be a bit more hard core than everyone running around with statics when there is a dedicated crew for it) coming from compositions, and most normally placed statics. But some unlocked ones still show up, not sure from where...

But there is an admin script that deals with vehicle locking. Maybe worthwhile a look and see if it can be expanded to govern all vehicles (don't unlock the MHQs though, if you've managed to fix their locking).

So after a couple hours of looking around and copy/pasting, I have separated the lift script from Domination, including the HUD and ability to turn the HUD on and off, and with respawn support, and still allowing you to choose what can lift vehicles and what vehicles can be lifted. Basically, everything from Domination except the ability to load ammo boxes. All I need to do now is clean it up, maybe optimize a little bit, then reorganize. Might take a few days though, I have a busy week.

My hero!

When I first started I tried going from the ground up, just copying and pasting what I thought I needed into a new mission folder, but I quickly realized that wouldn't work. So I literally stripped Domination file by file and chunk by chunk, removing anything that doesn't break the lift script. It worked :P

;1758684']When I first started I tried going from the ground up' date=' just copying and pasting what I thought I needed into a new mission folder, but I quickly realized that wouldn't work. So I literally stripped Domination file by file and chunk by chunk, removing anything that doesn't break the lift script. It worked :P[/quote']

And NOW you above ALL others know what XENO (and others) go through with this modding. As an interested bystander and player of Domination, I thank you.:bounce3:

That is the joy of supporting the work of another coder. Sometimes you can get into their head and manner of thinking. Other times you grind away relentlessly until the "ahah" moment happens.

Modular design helps, internal documentation helps more. :)

Alrighty! Sorry for the delay, like I said I've been having a busy week. I have finished extracting and reorganizing what is needed, now I am just removing extra bits and pieces that are unneeded and cleaning it up. I'll link an example mission in a bit.

Before I do that though, I just wanted to say thanks Xeno for Domination and that you did an amazing job. Going through these files, especially the macros, functions, and defines, I have found a whole new respect for your work.

Edit:

And here we are.

Includes:

Ability to lift any defined vehicles (script)

Ability to define liftable vehicles (init.sqf)

Ability to define helicopter respawn type (init.sqf)

Ability to define helicopter type (lift/normal) (init.sqf)

Ability to turn On and Off the standard Domination HUD ingame and off completely outgame (ingame/init.sqf)

Welcome screen from Domination with the ability to turn it off outgame (init.sqf)

JIP support (trigger/script)

Respawn support (script)

Note: I did NOT create the scripts used in this mission! I merely separated it from Xeno's Domination for use in other missions made by the community.

FileFront Download

BIS Forum Topic

Edited by Grimes [3rd ID]