Tankbuster

Editing, Expanding and Modifying Domination

Does this mean A3 will not get the same epic Domination we all know and love?

That's exactly what it means. And as already stated in one of the files included in the last versions, porting to A3 is not allowed.

Xeno

Do I just add respawn_west marker to it and have it follow it around?

no, it's not that simple. to respawn on it you'll either have to make it an MHQ (by this I mean add it to the list of MHQs in the files), or do some crazy stuff with the code. as for the respawn button, there's a tool that enables you to make UI elements in ArmA, maybe that's how Xeno made that respawn screen, in that case you'd have to find the proper files and edit them along with respective code

I know this isn't of much help to you, sorry, but I've gone through this whole thread, and there's no info on how to do what you're trying to do in it. there was at least one poster who claimed to have successfully added a working third MHQ to his Domination, though. so there is hope ;)

Bummer. Oh well I'm sure you have valid reasons. I heard there were some unpleasant folks who more or less negatively influenced your decision to continue development.

Hi !

Tankbuster and Xeno: Thank you !

Ok next question: I wanna have units which only can taken by admins. So i only can use these units when i logged in as an admin. Is this possible ? I need some Adminunits which are invulnerable. I already know the command for them ( this allowdamage false; ).

Or is there an admincommand to make myself invulnerable ? Because there are sometimes people on the server who think they troll (you know what i mean *g*). I prevent some of these things already by making the base undestroyable or set the maximum shots in base to 20. But as far as you know you can't prevent that these ppl shooting other players with vehicle weapons... so i need these admin units or a command for this.

Maybe with a game logic or trigger ?

Second question: Where can i change the vehicles for the parajump ? I wanna use the AN2 instead of the Blackhawks ;)

maxx

Edited by maxx2504

I wanna have units which only can taken by admins.

open i_client.sqf, in the very beginning it reads:

// GVAR(reserved_slot) gives you the ability to add a reserved slot for admins

// if you don't log in when you've chosen the slot, you'll get kicked after ~20 once the intro ended

so you just define the unit by its name ("alpha_1" etc.)

I'm not sure about this, never tried it myself.

Where can i change the vehicles for the parajump ?

same file, lines 490-495:

#ifdef __OA__

GVAR(jump_helo) = ["Mi17_TK_EP1", "UH60M_EP1", "UH1H_TK_GUE_EP1"];

#endif

#ifdef __CO__

GVAR(jump_helo) = ["Mi17_rockets_RU", "MH60S", "UH1H_TK_GUE_EP1"];

#endif

so, if you are running an OA version of Domi (set up in description.ext), try changing the chopper under __OA__, same for the CO version. again, haven't tried it myself, so not sure about this. especially since An-2 is a plane and not a chopper. could be that you'd have to look for jump_helo in other files and edit something there to make it work properly. but I'm just guessing here

and a friendly advice. go through i_client i_server and i_common files and read Xeno's comments there. it will answer a lot of questions you might still have

Edited by sorophx

Bummer. Oh well I'm sure you have valid reasons. I heard there were some unpleasant folks who more or less negatively influenced your decision to continue development.

People hate those who are successful, sums it up.

Hi !

Thanks Sorophx. Sometimes you dont see these entries when you work on all those scripts. There are so many ! ;)

maxx

right now the way my version of Domi picks locations for main targets is kind of funky. it picks not only towns, but the desert, crossroads, passes etc. where can I change that?

I think I figured it out. it was probably happening because I had defined my Takistan Domi as __CO__ in description.ext :eek:

Ok so figured out how to set the button up. I just need to find where the action = [1] and [2] is I will look tomorrow for these.

Red is what I changed or added.

x_dlg\menu.hpp

class BaseButton: XD_ButtonBase {
		idc = 100107;
		text = "$STR_DOM_MISSIONSTRING_1251"; 
		action = "[0] call d_fnc_x_update_target";
		x = "SafeZoneX + SafeZoneW - 0.37";
		y = [color="#FF0000"]0.26[/color];
		w = 0.3;
	};
	class Mr1Button: XD_ButtonBase {
		idc = 100108;
		text = "$STR_DOM_MISSIONSTRING_1252";
		action = "[1] call d_fnc_x_update_target";
		y = [color="#FF0000"]0.35[/color];
		w = 0.3;
	};
	class Mr2Button: XD_ButtonBase {
		idc = 100109;
		text = "$STR_DOM_MISSIONSTRING_1253";
		action = "[2] call d_fnc_x_update_target";
		y = [color="#FF0000"]0.42[/color];
		w = 0.3;
	};
	[color="#FF0000"]class Mr3Button: XD_ButtonBase {
		idc = 100111;
		text = "$STR_DOM_MISSIONSTRING_1446";
		action = "[3] call d_fnc_x_update_target";
	        y = 0.49;
		w = 0.3;[/color]
	};

d_init.sqf

// editor varname, unique number
//0-9 = MHQ, 10-19 = Medic vehicles, 20-29 = Fuel, Repair, Reammo trucks, 30-39 = Engineer Salvage trucks, 40-49 = Transport trucks
[
	[xvec1,0],[xvec2,1],[color="#FF0000"][xvec_12,3][/color],[xmedvec,10],[xvec3,20],[xvec4,21],[xvec5,22], [xvec7,23],
	[xvec8,24], [xvec9,25], [xvec6,30], [xvec10,31], [xvec11,40], [xvec12,41]
] execVM "x_server\x_vrespawn2.sqf";
#else

stringtable.xml

[color="#FF0000"]<Key ID="STR_DOM_MISSIONSTRING_1446">
       <English>Mobile Respawn Three</English>
       <German>Mobile Respawn Three</German>
       <Italian>Mobile Respawn Three</Italian>
       <Spanish>Respawn Móvil tres</Spanish>
       <Czech>Mobile Respawn Three</Czech>
       <Russian>Mobile Respawn Three</Russian>
       <Polish>Mobile Respawn Three</Polish>
       <French>Mobile Respawn Three</French>
       <Hungarian>Mobile Respawn Three</Hungarian>
     </Key>[/color]

Edited by diesol

What is the "2.80 Headless client test version" on Dev-Heaven? I'm assuming if I do not know what a headless client is I should avoid it.

How do we use the Dom Maker folder? It seems to be a Domination wizard to create our own mission based on Xeno's very dedicated and talented work. I'd love to have a RACS Domination mission on Panthera2.

Edited by JuggernautOfWar

open i_client.sqf, in the very beginning it reads:

// GVAR(reserved_slot) gives you the ability to add a reserved slot for admins

// if you don't log in when you've chosen the slot, you'll get kicked after ~20 once the intro ended

so you just define the unit by its name ("alpha_1" etc.)

I'm not sure about this, never tried it myself.

Hi !

The funny thing is: This works well...but only when i join the server. When other players join the server they don't get a message or get kicked from the server. Anyone have an idea why ? Xeno maybe ? ;)

EDIT: Solved this problem. Sorry.

Another problem i have is this: I can kick people but can't ban them. I think because i hostet my server privat ? I use an extra server.cfg and the arma2oaserver.exe. Any suggestions ? =)

maxx

Edited by maxx2504

What is the "2.80 Headless client test version" on Dev-Heaven? I'm assuming if I do not know what a headless client is I should avoid it.

this is ArmA's new way of working with AI. it's in testing right now but promises to completely change how the engine processes it. here's a quote from I don't know where:

the 'headless client' is an ArmA client running on the server, introduced in a recent beta patch for ArmA. The client is just a console window like the server, w/o visuals/audio and such. We are using this to offload AI from the main server (which is loaded down with handling players and network transfers) onto the headless client (HC). This effectively means that the AI is running at 600-1000% higher simulation framerate and this performance is independent of the playercount you have on the server.

I will try to get the mhq button setup sometime soon and let you guys know what I come up with.

Edited by diesol

i m trying to have radio calls on RESCUE and RESCUE2 unit. i try from init.sqf to set execvm my script. working , but when respaun , radios desappear.

I try to set this in i_client.sqf (to the bottom of the script). there i have other problem. i can set only addactions ,but i cant run execvm script because with the script i get error from x_setupplayer.sqf (line 39 -this line set the greytext param-) my script have params for addaction colour, so this is my problem i think.

how can run my scripts for any unit so i can have it on respaun?

my goal is to have som module for 2 artillery operators (RESCUE and RESCUE2).

i have 4 group of guns RIPPER1 to RIPPER4

now i have this option from triggers on the map and the som module synchro only to RESCUE and RESCUE2. sometimes working and sometimes not. i dont know why. other issue with this config is that all players have the radios, but if they call a radio ,the call going to RESCUE unit. (i think that u understand that).

also i think that only Xeno can reply that.

any suggestions?

Edited by dragonsyr

could somebody tell me which files contain the whole squadding functionality?

Where can I find the file which contains and handles the array types for the enemy reinforcements (via choppers) ?

Where can I find the file which contains and handles the array types for the enemy reinforcements (via choppers) ?

i_server.sqf line 692 for the enemy choppers.... there is all enemy params

Thanks but I am looking to add more AA troops into the enemy chopper drops

i think that depends on how many players is in game. (more players , more AA troops) but im not sure

Hi guys, first of all I'd like to thank Xeno for the great mode, and for all the helpful people in this post for their great support so far, I have searched and found almost all the answers in this thread :). So lately I have been spending a lot of time editing this mode to the way I like it the most, though I have come across something I can't seem to figure out.

The mission date & time seems to be set by Domination itself, if I'm correct.. Ideally, I'd like to change the date & time of the mission and set it to something suitable myself, though I've been having a hard time finding the file in which these settings are located. I have searched and looked and still with no luck. I have disabled the weather, but that doesn't seem to effect it. The time set by Domination is mostly random, and is mostly around the morning hours. I'd love to give my mission the exact look I want, and being able to set the time would be awesome.

If anyone knows and could assist, or knows more on this question - any information is appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi guys, first of all I'd like to thank Xeno for the great mode, and for all the helpful people in this post for their great support so far, I have searched and found almost all the answers in this thread :). So lately I have been spending a lot of time editing this mode to the way I like it the most, though I have come across something I can't seem to figure out.

The mission date & time seems to be set by Domination itself, if I'm correct.. Ideally, I'd like to change the date & time of the mission and set it to something suitable myself, though I've been having a hard time finding the file in which these settings are located. I have searched and looked and still with no luck. I have disabled the weather, but that doesn't seem to effect it. The time set by Domination is mostly random, and is mostly around the morning hours. I'd love to give my mission the exact look I want, and being able to set the time would be awesome.

If anyone knows and could assist, or knows more on this question - any information is appreciated.

Thanks.

it is not random,

you can set the time from parameters (set time of day) before you start the mission.

if you dont want to change every time the time , then go to description.ext and set the time value you like as default (you can do this for all the parameters of the mission)

Yes you can adjust the time ect. I think in the para setup or look in the decription file.

it is not random,

you can set the time from parameters (set time of day) before you start the mission.

if you dont want to change every time the time , then go to description.ext and set the time value you like as default (you can do this for all the parameters of the mission)

I have searched description.ext and tried out different things multiple times, I see this setting:

class GVAR(TimeOfDay) {

title = "$STR_DOM_MISSIONSTRING_980";

values[] = {0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23};

#ifdef __OA__

default = 5;

#endif

#ifdef __CO__

default = 7;

It is never 5 am in the game? :/ It's always 10-12.

I have also checked anything to do with para, nothing there.. I am running 2.71

can you change the time from parameters ??

if you edit the mission.sqm , notice that the time must set to 00:00.

edit: my setup (v2.60)

class GVAR(TimeOfDay) {
	title = "Time of day:";
	values[] = {0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23};
#ifdef __OA__
	default = 16;
#endif
#ifdef __CO__
	default = 17;
#endif
	texts[] = {"00:00","01:00","02:00","03:00","04:00","05:00","06:00","07:00","08:00","09:00","10:00","11:00","12:00","13:00","14:00","15:00","16:00","17:00","18:00","19:00","20:00","21:00","22:00","23:00"};
};

allways working

Edited by dragonsyr