Tankbuster

Editing, Expanding and Modifying Domination

I am playing Xeno's ACE Domination!2 but I cannot figure out how lift helicopters are supposed to work. I know the ACE lift system is possible with the sling ropes, but we need the Domination script to still work on our small server. We cannot afford having 25% of our fighters trying to recover wrecks in the ACE method.

Is there a default parameters file in the mission .pbo somewhere? I cannot find any kind of a parameter file to edit. It is annoying editing all the parameters every time I start the mission.

Thank you.

Edited by JuggernautOfWar

Is there a default parameters file in the mission .pbo somewhere? I cannot find any kind of a parameter file to edit. It is annoying editing all the parameters every time I start the mission.

Thank you.

Starting parameters are edited in description.ext file.

heya, peeps. I have an odd issue with my Domi, isn't gamebreaking but still curious.

I downloaded the latest un-pbo-ed Domi from dev-heaven (v. 2.60 I believe), opened it in my editor and placed a vehicle on the airfield (a GMV (an HMMVW added with ACE)). anyway, for some reason its wheels are indestructible. I can still damage its hull, but the wheels are impossible to destroy.

has anyone encountered this? what could be causing it?

I know this has been talked about before, but I would appreciate step by step instructions on how to make Dom west AI chernarus saveable, Bootsy made a great takistan version but i would love to save on the chernarus map.Maybe editing the init.sqf as someone said but I don't no how to do that, does anyone know how?

try adding a line in Description.ext that goes

saving=1;

Thanks sorophx, but where do I find Description.ext, I'm new to Arma scripting

Thanks sorophx, but where do I find Description.ext, I'm new to Arma scripting

must unpbo the mission using mikeros tools and you find the description.ext in root of the mission folder that created with the tool.

if you're that new to editing, better download the unpacked version, so you don't have to fiddle with PBOs for now.

https://dev-heaven.net/projects/domination/files

here's the full package. download the 2.71 Patch 1.62 Edition

extract it, there's a folder named "co_30.Domination.Takistan" - that's the one you can open in your editor, you will find the description.ext there as well

Hi !

You can't search this thread only so i MUST post my problem then here. I need the file where the model of the radiotower is defined. I wanna change the look of it.

Anyone got a clue where i can find that ?? I use Domination v2.60

maxx

Edited by maxx2504

No, I don't have an answer.

Firstly, this thread is for editing Domination mission questions.

Secondly, it's easy to search the thread. It's the button marked 'search thread' top right.

Thirdly, your question is unclear. Changing the look of radio towers is a complex thing. I suggest one of the Arma 2 editing forums when you've worked out exactly what you want to do.

Hi !

Again:

I wanna change the look of the radiotower model. This must be defined in a file/script in the Domination missions, i think. And i dont find any answers for my problems in this thread.

Is it now clear what i mean ? Whats the problem ? ;)

You can't even use the search button. How can you say with any authority the look of the tower is defined in a file/script? Are you trying to make yourself unpopular?

Wait while I read your mind.....No, couldn't do it. So, let's press on anyway.

Do you want a different radio tower, or to make the existing one look different?

Hi !

I say again: I used the search button but don't find an answer to my problem in this thread or the forum.

And i damn ask again: I wanna know how to change the look of the radiotower. In Chernarus i think its the "Land_Telek1". But where can i change that ?

Here is a picture...now clear ??

http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/7451/radiotower.jpg (281 kB)

Sorry but this isnt funny no more. I search the whole forum and no answer to my problem. When u dont have an answer....just dont write anything. Thank you.

maxx

Edited by maxx2504

In your first post you said you couldn't search the thread, but now you say you did.

OK, so we know which radio tower you are talking about now. You don't know there's 3 different types, but then, apparently, you don't know many things.

You can't 'change the look' of the tower. It looks how it looks. Unless you want to start editing the model itself and given your apparent lack of skill in asking nicely, searching and posting, I suspect that's going to be beyond you.

You can put a different tower in there, which is apparently what you wanted to do. Read the first post where I describe how to open the mission file. Then search the resulting folder for the classname you want to change, put in the new classname, repack the mission file and try it.

Hi !

Tankbuster...i have my own Domination server and change many things there. I just wanna use a different tower yes. So this must be defined somewhere.

And i dont mean the mission file. Is it so hard for you to understand what i want ?? I wanna change the tower for the maintargets on the domination map, not a tower in my base or something else.

Btw im not a native english speaker. But there is no damn german forum here. So...at least...you understand me or not ??

maxx

Is the tower part of the map? Or is it placed/created within the mission?

Tower = GetPosATL SomeObject NearestObject 12345;
Tower SetDammage 1;
_NewTower = CreateVehicle ["Land_telek1", GetPosATL Tower, [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];

Tankbuster...i have my own Domination server and change many things there. I just wanna use a different tower yes. So this must be defined somewhere.

Open i_common.sqf and search for GVAR(illum_tower) or just illum_tower and replace the class name with another one.

(I had to download Domina again and search for it, haven't touched Domina for quite some time, lol)

Xeno

Hi !

And i dont mean the mission file. Is it so hard for you to understand what i want ?? I wanna change the tower for the maintargets on the domination map, not a tower in my base or something else.

Btw im not a native english speaker. But there is no damn german forum here. So...at least...you understand me or not ??

maxx

I do understand you now, yes. Language barriers are tough things.

Anyway, Xeno has answered your question now we know what it was. :) When you said, 'change the look' of the tower, that's a really difficult thing to do. Replacing it with another is much easier.

By the way, extracting the mission PBO might not work as I describe it in the first post. That was written some time ago and I don't know if that method still works. It is written in this thread somewhere how to extract the later versions like the one you have.

oh, Matt, look what' you've done!

(I had to download Domina again and search for it, haven't touched Domina for quite some time, lol)[/size]

maybe that's a good thing. quick, let's ask Xeno something else! who knows, maybe it'll make him go back to Domi 4 and finish it :D

---

I extract PBOs with ExtractPBO (duh). it's pretty cool

Edited by sorophx

maybe that's a good thing. quick, let's ask Xeno something else! who knows, maybe it'll make him go back to Domi 4 and finish it :D

Err, no. I'm not interested in MP mission making anymore (and it was just a few minutes on my harddrive before it went into /dev/null again) :)

Xeno

I have my own custom built fob and I have it set to a mtvr it works great but I need help with one thing. I am running 2.71 and I want to setup a spawn for that location.

Do I just add respawn_west marker to it and have it follow it around?

And how would I setup a new spawn button for it?

Thanks guys

Err, no. I'm not interested in MP mission making anymore (and it was just a few minutes on my harddrive before it went into /dev/null again) :)

Understandable, but sad to hear it Xeno! You definitely made the best MP missions around.

Does this mean A3 will not get the same epic Domination we all know and love? I ask because as far as I know your Domination is really the only Domination for A2.

Question: What does the "No Revive Punish" parameter do?

Edited by JuggernautOfWar