Tankbuster

Editing, Expanding and Modifying Domination

Hi im editing a Domi Carrier 2.71 and have everything i need sorted except 1 thing, Wounds, I just cant get it to work correctly, i want to disable Revive and have the server run with just wounds, no revive or teleports. Ive added the module and it seems to work untill i make changes to the Description file, all im doing is not allowing teleport and changing a few other parameters like arti range and it seems to just not work or units are majorly overpowered...

For example, i stand on the carrier, throw a grenade and have a base defence, but my character hits the deck, bleeds which i can use a bandage on and can use morphine and Epi....But !! Noone else can heal or fix me, and if I move from the carrier it basically does not work at all.

I threw 2 grenades earlier has it by the shrapnel of both and ran for 2 mins with 40kg weight before i passed out, something is not quite right and would really appreciate some help to get this right.

Mouse, I changed per the post you linked to. Still I have the issue where players die and respawn dead with a timer. The amount of time is not the issue. I'm prefectly fine with the 3 minutes. The problem is when players have to back out to the slot selection screen and load back in to respawn and continue playing. Ive tried changing the options with revive but without wounds, with wounds and revive, and without revive with wounds. All of these result in the players respawning at base dead and its a vicious cycle. Maybe I'm missing something, I'm not sure. The only edits I have done to the map are add units, vehicles, and custom crate scripts Ohh and a generic vehicle respawn I found on armaholic. Not sure if that information helps at all?

Mousetrap, I followed the instruction regarding spawn times in the post you linked me. I am fine with the time. The issue occurs when people continuously respawn at base dead with a timer. The players must go back to the slot selection screen and select the slot and continue playing that way. I have tried it with wounds and without wounds and in combination with revive. No luck. Any idea what I'm missing?

Edited by [FRL]Myke
Doublepost

sorry just noticed the Ace part

I dont have ace so it may have different respawn setup

good luck

Would it be possible for someone to port over an ACE Wounds version (Preferably the newest/latest release) of domination to Reshmaan Province? The guide that I found was very out of date since domination is on 2.7 now

I've searched the Forum a lot and didn't find something about this. I made all the changes I want in the co30_Domination.Takistan folder, copied the FSMCompiler.exe into the dom_maker folder and executed the make_dom.bat. But after a few seconds I just get this message "no sqm or config detected pbo", how can I fix that. I know that this worked for me in older versions of Domination. I'm trying to get a Combined Operations ACE WEST Takistan Map which is modified to our needs. Would be great if someone could tell me my probably pretty stupid mistake.

Thanks for reading.

Edit: with Version 271_162

Edit2: Okay I copied the actual files into the emptied co40_Domination.Takistan of the DomOA_2_54, combined/edited the .batch-Files and made it with the old dom_maker. Works great!

Edited by ParaMedic
resolved problem myself

first of all

I want to make a mission with all the units and tasks hiden until i call it with a trigger or radio. how can i do that? is this possible?

Also is it possible to call external mission with a trigger/radio, without restart the mission on server? script import mission or trigger with link to other mission..something like sub mission import..

i want my server running my domi island base with MT and SM defaults and i want another mission or script for editing on the fly to call it when i want.

in a few words...My goal is to have a domi mission with the ability to call an external mission that can edit without edit and restart the mission on server.

sorry for my bad english and i hope that you understand what i mean....

Edited by dragonsyr

Edit2: Okay I copied the actual files into the emptied co40_Domination.Takistan of the DomOA_2_54, combined/edited the .batch-Files and made it with the old dom_maker. Works great!

Hi ParaMedic, could you explain step by step how to make a Dom version using the dom maker?

I´ve tried reading all this thread and all dom readme´s, but I couldn't do it probably because my poor english.

Edited by OverCharger
bad english

Something smells fishy with the new domination and LAST version 7.1. Please let me explain. I found a empty server up running domination 7.1 takistan and i was so happy because 98% of the servers are running DAYZ and that is not my cup of tea. So want into the server download the mission play a bit and then look up the mission in my MPCACHE used the eliteness to open it up tranfer the PBO into a folder and put it into my editor but it kicks me back into editor. So I replaced the mission sqm file with my last to versions 2.60zc and 2.61 that both work fine. When I looked in the editor the the 2.71 was gone. So I put back the original mission sqm file and the mission shows up in the editor but it will not play WTF.

Has anyone had this experience with the last update version.

Edited by AVIBIRD 1

So with no modification to mission file, only change being update of betas & ACE, bunkers no longer capture?

The dialog pops up, but the progress bar does not advance.

Any input appreciated.

Hi all, i have a problem with the engineers repair wheel menu. I play domination long time ago. I had no problems since now. I thing that the problem came with the lasts updates of ACE. Now in every domination mission i try, the engineers wheel option menu (Repair) missing. The only way to fix vecs is to have with you the engineer truck.

notice that i still have the "Build A FAARP" option as engineers have, but when im standing in front of damage vec (Heli,car,etc) the repair option is not in the wheel menu as usual.

What is wrong? I only have this, or you have the same problem?

I hope you understand what i mean.

Thanks in advance ,

Edit: also i need to know where i find the text missionstring for missions. where is that "STR_DOM_MISSIONSTRING_824"you see in the code below?

x_missions\moa\x_m1.sqf(example)

if (X_Client) then {

GVAR(current_mission_text) = (localize "STR_DOM_MISSIONSTRING_824");

GVAR(current_mission_resolved_text) = (localize "STR_DOM_MISSIONSTRING_729");

because i want to edit the texts (the dom version is 271_162)

edit again :i found the missionstrings......is in stringtable.xml ..ok for that...

no one knows about the engineer problem????

Yes, I do have the same problem; for sure it is last ACE fault, ver.1.13 works ok, but when I host 1.13ver of ace none is joining due to ace mismatch. I've tried editing: define VERSIONING_LEVEL 0 in ace_serverconfig.hpp in userconfig folder to prevent ace version checking on the server side but it does not work - mismatch all the time... , also in latest version of ace m47 dragon is faulty - no proper view from scope. I hope someone can help us...

another problem is came up... if you take the place of the gunner in every vehicle , then your driver(other player) see you out of the car and leaves you there. But you is in the vehicle and you travel with the driver as usualy happened. You can fire as usual but the driver see only the kills that you got without the effects or sounds of fire from the gun of the vehicle. What s going on with the lasts updates of Ace? fix problems or making new ones?

1st the mechanics , now the gunners of the vehicles..... someone with the same problem, or only me?

Edit: and if you change your place from back to gunner (for helis) your player jump out and you die.I think this happened in vehicles too.

Edited by dragonsyr

another problem is came up... if you take the place of the gunner in every vehicle , then your driver(other player) see you out of the car and leaves you there. But you is in the vehicle and you travel with the driver as usualy happened. You can fire as usual but the driver see only the kills that you got without the effects or sounds of fire from the gun of the vehicle. What s going on with the lasts updates of Ace? fix problems or making new ones?

1st the mechanics , now the gunners of the vehicles..... someone with the same problem, or only me?

Edit: and if you change your place from back to gunner (for helis) your player jump out and you die.I think this happened in vehicles too.

Hi, As far I know I`ve encountered that problem without ace..., I lost days and night trying to solve problems you`ve mentioned but alone it is impossible...

i hope that someone from the Ace and/or Domination coding team see this threat to have an idea for all those problems....

Waffenbox general problem when dropping weapons in box:

many error in arma2oa.RPT: Ref to nonnetwork object .... # .....: usspecialweapons.p3d

How can you resolve that?

So my friends have complained about 20-30 minutes of preparation/planning going to hell when a Taki one-hits them and they drop dead. Their main request is some sort of revive/medical system. Now I know there's already the revive mode, but we play on AI and I was wondering if there was a way to merge the two modes so that we can have both Revive and AI at once.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

- Sharpshooter.

Can anyone help.

Whenever a bunker gets slightly damaged in the latest betas on Domination, it no longer captures.

Even if you shoot it a couple of times.

Anyone know the issue? This didn't happen before!

Hi Heaney, I`ve encountered that problem in domination mission a few times, what I actually do is: call artillery - HE 2-3 strikes , it should help to capture camps in main target village.

I fixed it by making the bunker invunerable.

Massive amount of other issues with domi in the latest betas.

1st AO works fine, second AO spawns no radiotower or bunkers.

Each vehicle spawns 2 wrecks, etc...

yes, I have noticed 2 wrecks as well, respawn does not work properly, Heaney I can upload my modified domination (so far it is the best one with IEDs, Enemy camps across map, etc.) send me your email address on private message.

Hi all

I have the problem with Domination editing - this domination have implemented

unuseful feature - all default vehicles (xvec1, xvec2, etc.etc ) from Domi respawn at base after about 8min or about 20min

I compared a lot of files from this Domi with another Domi files but cannot find where is the problem.

This behavior (respawn after few minutes) was implemented also for choppers but i found

in d_init.sqf file where is the problem and succesfully disabled this feture for ch1, ch2, etc. etc.

case (__OAVer): {

[[ch1,301,true],[ch2,302,true].....

Unforunately for xvec1, xvec2... there are no parameters responsible for xvec... respawn after few minutes.

Can anybody help me to disable this unnecessary feature for xvec... from my Domi?

Thanks in advance.

try to change the folowing

[xvec1,0],[xvec2,1],[xmedvec,10],[xvec3,20],[xvec4,21],[xvec5,22],[xvec6,30],[xvec7,40],
	[xvecR1,100],[xvecR2,101],[xmedvecR,110],[xvecR3,120],[xvecR4,121],[xvecR5,122],[xvecR6,130],[xvecR7,140]
] execVM "x_server\x_vrespawn2.sqf";

to

[xvec1,0,true],[xvec2,1,true]...blah blah... execVM "x_server\x_vrespawn2.sqf";

for every xvec you want..

For the ai recruit in domination 2.71 I turn it on and I can recruit but it turns on all the features for player.

For example: (Build farp, Call Atrillery, Call drop) and so on. Is there a way to keep the action menu the same as its setup in Iclient.sqf?

I just don't want people running around with every command I want ai and normal action menu.

Edited by diesol

Awhile ago I noticed Xeno made a domination database I searched for it and I don't know if it works anymore. Anyone have this installed on there domination server?

hi were to start i trying to port domi to duala but using the nimitz as spawn for choppers ect:

but for the life of me i cant find the set pos for the markers as when they get destoryed they respawn at bottom see ?

can some point me in right palce ? ? ?

and same for ace ammo-box .

hi_hut_box

cws box

ruck box

I am editing domination 1.62 and trying to pick up ammo box with engineer truck (MtvrSalvage_DES_EP1). I have added truck in i_client but i don't see message that ammo is picked up

when i am on ammo point nor do i see ammo drop menu option? I did the same thing with few choppers and it works but trucks no. Plus i have 3 Strikers_M2 that get message that ammo box

is picked up but no menu option to drop box. Can someone help me out and point me to right files i need to edit if it is simple i can figure it out.

I wont object to complete solution to this simple problem. ;) Thanks

Edited by Ivan911