Tankbuster

Editing, Expanding and Modifying Domination

Is 2.71 supposed to open in the editor? Coz it's not. And that's stupid. No errors, it just doesn't load at all.

The included co30domi.taki folder is the older version and the make_dom... thing... makes me sad.

If the problem is what I think it is, It's just that the mission.sqm gets jagged up. DePBO with Eliteness. Make sure the mission.sqm is corrupt. If it is, use Eliteness to view it where it looks lke it should, copy from Eliteness (right click, select all, ctrl+c) and paste to mission.sqm (right click, select all, ctrl+v), save. It will open in editor now. If my explanation escapes you (I doubt with 5000+ posts that it will and that you know exactly what I mean), post up which mission.sqm you need and I will send it.

if it looks like this....

raP       ×   version     Mission Z    Intro ߎ   OutroWin ‡   OutroLoose /  ×   addOns  CA_Modules_ARTY  camisc3  takistan  cacharacters_e  CAAir_E_UH60M  caair_e_ch_47f  CAWheeled_E_stryker  CAWheeled_E  camisc_e_wf  camisc_e  CAAir_E_AH6J  CAAir_E_UH1H_EP1  ca_modules_functions addOnsAuto 
cacharacters_e  CA_Modules_ARTY  ca_modules_functions  caair_e_ch_47f  CAAir_E_UH1H_EP1  CAAir_E_UH60M  CAWheeled_E_stryker  camisc_e  CAWheeled_E  camisc_e_wf  camisc3  CAAir_E_AH6J  takistan randomSeed 5Â¥b  Intel J   Groups ÿ   Vehicles =   Markers ê^   Sensors ¿Š  ߎ        briefingName co40 Domination OA! West [2.71]  briefingDescription by Xeno startWeather     forecastWeather     year ×  month    day    hour     minute     ÿ   items     Item0 o   Item1 Ô   Item2 3   Item3 Ä   Item4 ~   Item5 9   Item6 y$   Item7 f%   Item8 ?&   Item9 ú&   Item10 µ'   Item11 p(   Item12 +)   Item13 æ)   Item14 ¡*   Item15 \+   Item16 ,   Item17 Ã’,   Item18 Â-   Item19 I.   Item20 /   Item21 Ã/   Item22 }0   Item23 91   Item24 õ1   Item25 ±2   Item26 m3   Item27 )4   Item28 Ã¥4   Item29 ¡5  =    side WEST  Vehicles   Ô   items     Item0 ¬  Ô   
position êÛ Fâ€CàEazimut ÃrMÄ special NONE id     side WEST  vehicle US_Delta_Force_Air_Controller_EP1  player PLAYER COMMANDER leader     lock UNLOCKED skill Å¡â„¢? text RESCUE  init this setGroupid ["Artillery 1"];  description First Artillery Operator and Rescue Ô    side WEST  Vehicles ô  3   items     Item0   3   
position Þ Fâ€C ÃŒEazimut ÂÕñ special NONE id     side WEST  vehicle US_Delta_Force_Air_Controller_EP1  player PLAY CDG leader     lock UNLOCKED skill Å¡â„¢? text RESCUE2  init this setGroupid ["Artillery 2"];  description Second Artillery Operator

....it's bad. It should start like this.....

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////DeRap: Produced from mikero's Dos Tools Dll version 3.97
//http://dev-heaven.net/projects/list_files/mikero-pbodll
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

#define _ARMA_

//Class C:/Users/Paul/Desktop/chop/co40_Domination_2_71_West_OA.Takistan/mission.sqm{
version = 11;
class Mission
{
   addOns[] = {"CA_Modules_ARTY","camisc3","takistan","cacharacters_e","CAAir_E_UH60M","caair_e_ch_47f","CAWheeled_E_stryker","CAWheeled_E","camisc_e_wf","camisc_e","CAAir_E_AH6J","CAAir_E_UH1H_EP1","ca_modules_functions"};
   addOnsAuto[] = {"cacharacters_e","CA_Modules_ARTY","ca_modules_functions","caair_e_ch_47f","CAAir_E_UH1H_EP1","CAAir_E_UH60M","CAWheeled_E_stryker","camisc_e","CAWheeled_E","camisc_e_wf","camisc3","CAAir_E_AH6J","takistan"};
   randomSeed = 6464821;
   class Intel
   {
       briefingName = "co40 Domination OA! West [2.71]";
       briefingDescription = "by Xeno";
       startWeather = 0;
       forecastWeather = 0;
       year = 2007;
       month = 6;
       day = 6;
       hour = 0;
       minute = 0;
   };
   class Groups
   {
       items = 30;
       class Item0

... and so on

Edited by lawndartleo

Excuse me guys, probably I´m asking the same thing questioned thousand times before.

I read all the thread, but probably because of my bad english, I can't get how to modify the lasts versions of Domination.

Even I tried with previous East versions but I can't get the action menus for the playable units.

I'm a huge fan of OFP/CWA and I´m trying to make a Domination CWR2 East version on Malden and a Resistance version on Nogova.

Edited by OverCharger

I managed to make a version on Malden using an existing cwr2 Domination version 2.60 on Everon. Until now, everything seems to work well.

where I can change the amount of enemies?

I managed to make a version on Malden using an existing cwr2 Domination version 2.60 on Everon. Until now, everything seems to work well.

where I can change the amount of enemies?

i_server.sqf

-> GVAR(vehicle_numbers_guard)

-> GVAR(vehicle_numbers_guard_static)

-> GVAR(vehicle_numbers_patrol)

-> GVAR(footunits_guard)

-> GVAR(footunits_patrol)

-> GVAR(footunits_guard_static)

-> GVAR(footunits_attack)

-> GVAR(vehicle_numbers_attack)

....etc.

and

-> GVAR(number_attack_planes)

-> GVAR(number_attack_choppers)

S@ndBob

I've been looking everywhere for A2 Domi ported to CLA Afgan. Does it exist?

Thanks Bob68. Only a little detail remaining.

When I start de mission I got a message about a missing addon (cwr2 marian 1 or something). I don´t know how to fix it. The mission file is entirely new (copy paste of objects in the editor)

Any idea?

I fixed it. The problem was obvious, but.....

I think the mission is working well, and only need to adjust the position of some side missions.

Edited by OverCharger
Solved

is Clafghan (Kunar)

there is, but only german menu and german subtitiles with german troops und german vehicles

[/url]

You did it?

yea, that's been a while (from Domination v2.60r)

and Lingor-Domination (from v2.61) http://www.arma2base.de/include.php?path=download&contentid=4712

At the moment I work on a Stargod-Domination with Stargate character of Takistan.

http://www.religionskritik.com/thread.php?postid=52973#post52973

http://sandfriends.sateon.de/index.php?action=post;msg=3864;topic=1042.0

yea, that's been a while (from Domination v2.60r)

and Lingor-Domination (from v2.61) http://www.arma2base.de/include.php?path=download&contentid=4712

At the moment I work on a Stargod-Domination with Stargate character of Takistan.

http://www.religionskritik.com/thread.php?postid=52973#post52973

http://sandfriends.sateon.de/index.php?action=post;msg=3864;topic=1042.0

Congrats, its very entertaining to work on this and add some addons of your taste.

I´m learning to move the mission to another island. Previously I only changed units.

I´m very interesting in doing a mission for less players than the standard because I like to play in LAN with few friends.

Thats the reason of my porting to Malden, and I wish to find a smaller island.

The addons with stargate character were in the alpha phase from 2007 - and

i have extinguished some for juridical reasons.

My port of Domi cwr2 to Malden is almost finished.

Last night I managed to make another port on the island of Cicada. It is a small island with enough hills to cover a helicopter and nice places to play with few friends and some AI. This time I´ll use the RHS units.

No planes as bonus units because the size of the island and the size of the base, but some helicopters will be better like ka50 and Mi24A.

Edited by OverCharger
Bad English :(

Sometimes there is a reason that you do not see a particular map ported over to Domination.... this might be that time.

Sahrani (CAA1 project)....

Main missions appear to be running appropriately, mission name is associated with the towns I have dropped the markers on.

Side missions seem porked as they call out towns from Chenarus. I looked at the files in C:\Users\Paul\Documents\ArmA 2\missions\co40_Domination_2_71_West_CO.Chernarus\x_missions\m and it appears they are hard coded to be specific points in Charus. I suppose this is where I need to hand edit the files with appropriate names and mapgrids. Is there an easier method?

The halo/teleport flag does not work, period. Does this have something to do with the broken mapgrid for Sahrani? I am using the grid fix, perhaps that is not enough and it's just plain broke.

I'm struggling with the documentation I have found for porting this mission. It's all quite convoluted and some seems dated as well because they reference versions of Domi that are long obsolete. If anybody knows of a current writeup that is applicable to 2.71, please post a link.

Our clan has a fully working Domination (2.60 I believe) on Sahrani, though heavily modified to utilize our modpack. It's not my work..so I can't say much but at least you know it's possible ;)

LawnDartLeo:

Probably there are many versions of domination on many islands, but not published.

Try changing the version 2.60, it is easy to place missions and side missions through markers.

2.60 uses markers for main missions only, sides are still coded as far as I can tell (m folder).

I've spent an hour searching the net for answer and can't find it so I've decided to ask here , I've launched dom 2.71 DLC (no ace) on dedicated server (windows) executed it with @arma2net and it looks like it all works because after reboot it displays the time played, however the score is always 0 and no bonus vehicles or anything else for that matter is saved, is that normal or are there options to enable saving status of equipment etc. to preserve the state after server reboot ?

There are serveral versions of domi 2.60, I use one with sidemissions markers already in the map. Check the file "mission how to" and try putting the markers yourself. For example a marker called d_sm_0 for side mission x_m0, d_sm_1 for x_m1 and so on.

Edited by OverCharger

Hi guys im a bit new but could really use somebodys help, Im trying to get a Domination Carrier Coop30 Ace, Normal targets and side-missions, with Groups of ,

4 pilots,

1 Artillery controller,

1 Engineer,

and 6 x 4 man groups with 1 medic 1 squad lead and 2 rifleman.

Ive got the Coop20, 2_61 chernarus version, and need to make it what i said above for our server, Im a nub at editing and know the basics but this is proving to be a nightmare, i simply dont have the time to put into this ( work etc etc ) but I am under the impression this is not hard to do for a PRO. I can do all the little things i need to once i have the BASE for the mission, Ie adding triggers restrictions, tags and all that stuff, But im just stuck with the base model.

Any help would be Massively appreciated. Or any links to possible similar downloadable missions.

Or could anybody advise me on adding troops, and seperating the ones that are their, At the moment i have 2 8 man teams and 2 engineers and 2 arti controllers, Can i just break these up and seperate them into smaller groups, while adding more units or will that effect the mission and how the AI reacts to the new units ???

Edited by brucehamill

Hey, I'm looking for some help with a small coop mission I am working on and I am trying to incorporate the Domi "Weapon_Name to Backpack", "Save Loadout" and "Respawn with saved Loadout". There was a time when I tried to take the chopper lift script from a Domi mission and use it in a small coop mission, but for the life of me I was unable to get it to work, then later Xeno released a stand alone Domi style lift script at Armaholic and I was able to use it in my mission without any problems. I wish he would release a stand alone sample mission that uses the "Weapon_Name to Backpack", "Save Loadout" and "Respawn with saved Loadout", but as far as I know it doesn't exist. So that is why I am here. I did PM Xeno, but I never got a response, so I figured he's probably busy with other things. So I wanted to ask if anybody could help me. I discussed it in a thread I recently created here: Weapon to Backpack - Save Loadout - Player/Weapons Respawn Problem

I've posted a sample mission that does work correctly except for 1 thing, if the player has a shotgun in their backpack and an M4 in their hand and saves their loadout, if they then die and respawn they will have all of their saved gear. But if the player switches to the shotgun and then dies, they then respawn without a shotgun and instead have an M4 in their backpack and an M4 in their hand.

My coop mission is a 14 man coop Force Recon mission and Force Recon cannot wear a real backpack, so that is why I want to use the "invisible" backpack system. So my backpack scripts are slimmed down and only focus on the use of the "invisible" backpacks. Meaning... there is no need for any scripting related to typeOf backpack since their are no real backpacks of any type in the mission.

If somebody could please help me with this I would be extremely grateful. Or if a stand alone backpack script/sample mission exists out there that already incorporates the features I need, please point me in the direction of it.

I am aware that this section is for posting about "Editing, Expanding and Modifying Domination", but I also think that this is the right place for me to ask for help since I would imagine that some of the guys that expand on Domi would know how to help me with this. Maybe discuss it further in the other thread so I don't have to feel like I hijacked this one.

Hi, I'm finishing my port of Domi 2.60 to CWR2 Malden and I have some questions:

1) Why all playable units have enabled the actions "Call Drop" and "Call Artillery"? Is possible to limit this actions to specific units?

2) Anti-aircraft systems at the base do not work. Any idea?

3) Where do you modify the units of a convoy?

Thanks in advance.

Hi all, i have a problem with the engineers repair wheel menu. I play domination long time ago. I had no problems since now. I thing that the problem came with the lasts updates of ACE. Now in every domination mission i try, the engineers wheel option menu (Repair) missing. The only way to fix vecs is to have with you the engineer truck.

notice that i still have the "Build A FAARP" option as engineers have, but when im standing in front of damage vec (Heli,car,etc) the repair option is not in the wheel menu as usual.

What is wrong? I only have this, or you have the same problem?

I hope you understand what i mean.

Thanks in advance ,

Edit: also i need to know where i find the text missionstring for missions. where is that "STR_DOM_MISSIONSTRING_824"you see in the code below?

x_missions\moa\x_m1.sqf(example)

if (X_Client) then {

GVAR(current_mission_text) = (localize "STR_DOM_MISSIONSTRING_824");

GVAR(current_mission_resolved_text) = (localize "STR_DOM_MISSIONSTRING_729");

because i want to edit the texts (the dom version is 271_162)

edit again :i found the missionstrings......is in stringtable.xml ..ok for that...

no one knows about the engineer problem????

Edited by dragonsyr

I am in the need of some help regarding respawn for Domination. I have added a number of units to the game in order to have a 60 player ACE/ACRE map. When players are killed they have the timer appear. IF you wait until the timer runs out or you hit "Esc" and try to respawn, you respawn at base dead with a timer. Could anyone point me in the right direction to fix this issue?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?104827-Editing-Expanding-and-Modifying-Domination&p=2225567&viewfull=1#post2225567

---------- Post added at 09:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 AM ----------

I am in the need of some help regarding respawn for Domination. I have added a number of units to the game in order to have a 60 player ACE/ACRE map. When players are killed they have the timer appear. IF you wait until the timer runs out or you hit "Esc" and try to respawn, you respawn at base dead with a timer. Could anyone point me in the right direction to fix this issue?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?104827-Editing-Expanding-and-Modifying-Domination&p=2225567&viewfull=1#post2225567