Tankbuster

Editing, Expanding and Modifying Domination

Anyone know how to change the time you have to wait after using Esc respawn? Currently it's 3 minutes, I'd like to reduce it.

In the Description.exe

from the top:

//__EXEC(diag_log format ["############################# %1 #############################", missionName];);
//__EXEC(diag_log [diag_frameno, diag_ticktime, time, "Executing Dom description.ext"]);

#include "x_setup.sqf"

onLoadMission=__D_VER_NAME__;
onLoadIntroTime=false;
onLoadMissionTime=false;
disabledAI=1;
respawn="BASE";
[b][color="#008000"]respawndelay = __D_RESPAWN_DELAY__;[/color][/b]
debriefing=1;
showGPS=1;
loadScreen = "pics\domls.paa";

where it says

[color="#008000"]respawndelay = __D_RESPAWN_DELAY__;[/color]

change that to:

respawndelay = 5;

5 being 5 seconds, if you add 10, then 10 sec before you respawn.

or when you host the mission, and you get to the change paramaters screen, go down to client and change the respawn time.

other option is

// only in missions without revive
class GVAR(RespawnTime) {
	title = "$STR_DOM_MISSIONSTRING_1022";
	values[] = {4,10,20,30,60,120,240,300};
	default = 20;
	texts[] = {"4","10","20","30","60","120","240","300"};
};

not 100% on the last code here.

hope that helps.

or wait for rescue: (300 seconds)

Parameter in description.ext - File

xr_lifetime {

title = "$STR_DOM_MISSIONSTRING_1011";

values[] = {60,120,180,240,300,600,1200};

default = 300;

Edited by S@ndBob

wait for rescue: (300 seconds)

Is if you have revive enabled, if you dont use revive then the method respawndelay = 5;

would be best if you wish to just respawn and get back in the action. All depends if you play with others then you would have

to decided on the best method that is preferred for how you wish to play, if your by yourself then to me a faster respawn time would be ideal.

In the Description.exe

from the top:

//__EXEC(diag_log format ["############################# %1 #############################", missionName];);
//__EXEC(diag_log [diag_frameno, diag_ticktime, time, "Executing Dom description.ext"]);

#include "x_setup.sqf"

onLoadMission=__D_VER_NAME__;
onLoadIntroTime=false;
onLoadMissionTime=false;
disabledAI=1;
respawn="BASE";
[b][color="#008000"]respawndelay = __D_RESPAWN_DELAY__;[/color][/b]
debriefing=1;
showGPS=1;
loadScreen = "pics\domls.paa";

where it says

[color="#008000"]respawndelay = __D_RESPAWN_DELAY__;[/color]

change that to:

respawndelay = 5;

5 being 5 seconds, if you add 10, then 10 sec before you respawn.

or when you host the mission, and you get to the change paramaters screen, go down to client and change the respawn time.

other option is

// only in missions without revive
class GVAR(RespawnTime) {
	title = "$STR_DOM_MISSIONSTRING_1022";
	values[] = {4,10,20,30,60,120,240,300};
	default = 20;
	texts[] = {"4","10","20","30","60","120","240","300"};
};

not 100% on the last code here.

hope that helps.

Edited both of thos ,neither had any in game effect. :/

And yes, I recompiled properly.

Anyone know how to change the time you have to wait after using Esc respawn? Currently it's 3 minutes, I'd like to reduce it.

for Domination 2.71

look in x_revive\xr_init.sqf

find this line

setPlayerRespawnTime 180; // punish players that simply do a respawn  

(around 148) change the 180

then go to stringtable.xml find this

<Key ID="STR_DOM_MISSIONSTRING_907">
       <English>You get punished for using ESC Respawn...\n\n3 minutes till respawn and you lose two lives!</English>

and or this

<Key ID="STR_DOM_MISSIONSTRING_908">
       <English>You get punished for using ESC Respawn...\n\n3 minutes till respawn!</English>

and change the 3 minutes to what you set it to

if you don't you will still see the message 3 minutes till respawn but the actual time will be different

Been editing Domination 2.71 East CO and added ACE support to it, and all kinds of various stuff, but there is one thing bothering me that I cant find how to turn off or disable.

There are Main Target side missions at every Main target, and occasionally mission would be to find enemy APC concealed as medic and destroy it. Since enemy side is West and I removed US from scripts there are only CDF left, but this APC is actually configured in scripts to be HMMWV_Ambulance. Found that too, but not tested yet and changed to BMP2_Ambul_CDF, but trouble was this HMMWV_Ambulance even after being found and destroyed stays wrecked there and nothing happens, and complete Main target mission becomes bugged. Like it does not detect it being destroyed, and for some reason compete main target mission get stuck.

#ifdef __CO__
	_truck = switch (GVAR(enemy_side)) do {
		case "EAST": {"GAZ_Vodnik_MedEvac"};
		case "WEST": {"BMP2_Ambul_CDF"};
		case "GUER": {"BMP2_Gue"};

Line 209-213 in x_mtmissions\x_getmtmission.sqf

So if this change to BMP2_Ambul_CDF does not help, Illl have to find a way to turn of these main target side missions completely, but problem is I dont know how. Help?

Edited by _MaSSive

Does anybody else get the issue on Fallujah domination where some of the enemy AI vehicles spawned in the city end up just warping, moving forward through walls etc. then appearing back in their original position over and over? We are about to start editing a version of it, we've always had this problem on previous versions we've used so we believe it's just a problem with the map. I'd just like to know for sure before we do that it is a common issue that we can't do anything about or if it shouldn't happen.

I'm not fully sure if this is domination specific, but does anyone know how to edit the amount of ammo vehicles like tanks have in domination? Specifically to give them more ammo than they start with by default.

Hi all,im having an issue thats driving me nuts,i have looked all over the forums and in google for answers to my problem.After adding in a chopper to the map.

then save as mpmission ect,then i would start my server,well my chopper is there but instead of there being just me in the game there is a crap load of AI next to me,what am i doing wrong here,this is driving me insane..

Hi all,im having an issue thats driving me nuts,i have looked all over the forums and in google for answers to my problem.After adding in a chopper to the map.

then save as mpmission ect,then i would start my server,well my chopper is there but instead of there being just me in the game there is a crap load of AI next to me,what am i doing wrong here,this is driving me insane..

Check other players slots in editor and make sure they are set to playable and not not-playable. If you start it on a server, and slots are set as non playable AI will spawn on them and nobody will be able to use those slots. If its not that, then check again in editor and make sure you havent placed some random AI there. Other than that, theres nothing else.

I'm not fully sure if this is domination specific, but does anyone know how to edit the amount of ammo vehicles like tanks have in domination? Specifically to give them more ammo than they start with by default.

If you think on number of rounds of some type a vehicle have, there is no way to edit that, at least not without editing game pbo files, and that is not recommend.

Does anybody else get the issue on Fallujah domination where some of the enemy AI vehicles spawned in the city end up just warping, moving forward through walls etc. then appearing back in their original position over and over? We are about to start editing a version of it, we've always had this problem on previous versions we've used so we believe it's just a problem with the map. I'd just like to know for sure before we do that it is a common issue that we can't do anything about or if it shouldn't happen.

Warping and going trough walls, appearing somewhere else can be caused by server lag. Check server config and check its load. If its anything below 10 FPS ( and I mean server fps not client which you can check if you login as admin and type "#monitor 10" in chat ) those things will keep happening, and might even get worse.

Edited by _MaSSive

[/color]

This is usually one of the major scripts is broken, probably the inits. Is it midnight as well? Does the engineer have his usual "build FARP" commands?

If you think on number of rounds of some type a vehicle have, there is no way to edit that, at least not without editing game pbo files, and that is not recommend.

Well lets say a vehicle has 1 magazine consisting of two sidewinders - couldn't I give it another magazine, which would result in 4 sidewinders?

Well lets say a vehicle has 1 magazine consisting of two sidewinders - couldn't I give it another magazine, which would result in 4 sidewinders?

Well if you put it that way yes, and only way I know is ACE EASA system. Gunter mentioned some custom script so try that on. Btw EASA works only with Air assets.

http://wiki.ace-mod.net/ace_sys_easa

Anyone knows how could i add one more MHQ? I've found first two defined MHQ's in d_init file, they were like: "[xvec1,0], [xvec2,1]...." and i've added in the end: "[xvec13,2]",

[xvec1,0],[xvec2,1],[xmedvec,10],[xvec3,20],[xvec4,21],[xvec5,22], [xvec7,23],

[xvec8,24], [xvec9,25], [xvec6,30], [xvec10,31], [xvec11,40], [xvec12,41]

and

[xvec1,0],[xvec2,1],[xmedvec,10],[xvec3,20],[xvec4,21],[xvec5,22],[xvec6,30],[xvec7,40],

[xvecR1,100],[xvecR2,101],[xmedvecR,110],[xvecR3,120],[xvecR4,121],[xvecR5,122],[xvecR6,130],[xvecR7,140]

I loaded in editor, and i had "MHQ Menu", but cannot undeploy and load ammo box. I believe theres something more to add/edit but i cannot find it :/

- Solved, made PMC SUV as MHQ :D

Edited by Strela2M

Currently we are usning Meatball0311's excellent F-18 Super Hornet (@mar_2MAW).

There is however a problem with the Jet Service Point in Domintaiton (using 2.60 Anniverary edition).

When the Super Hornet arrives at the Jet Service point is powers down normally, empties the fuel and then does nothing - does not repair, refuel or reload and just sits there on the tarmac.

I've searched for about a day and can't find any similar posts. Anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks,

Currently we are usning Meatball0311's excellent F-18 Super Hornet (@mar_2MAW).

There is however a problem with the Jet Service Point in Domintaiton (using 2.60 Anniverary edition).

When the Super Hornet arrives at the Jet Service point is powers down normally, empties the fuel and then does nothing - does not repair, refuel or reload and just sits there on the tarmac.

I've searched for about a day and can't find any similar posts. Anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks,

How long have you left it there?

I don't know about later versions but the more powerful a unit, the longer it takes to service. The fact that the engine goes off and empties the fuel shows that the vehicle service script is running, you might just have to stay on board while it does the job.

How long have you left it there?

I don't know about later versions but the more powerful a unit, the longer it takes to service. The fact that the engine goes off and empties the fuel shows that the vehicle service script is running, you might just have to stay on board while it does the job.

Thanks for the quick reply Tankbuster.

I tried leaving it there for 30 minutes ... no change. When I came back to the game I still has a sexy F-18 with no fuel and no progress having been made in the rest of the Jet Service routine - ie. not repaired, not rearmed, etc.

I attached a tow cart and pulled it around the base - I can manually refuel if I park a Fueler beside it and select "Refuel" - that takes 600 seconds.

; (

Anyway, I appreciate the suggestion. For the time being I've moved to "@Ikar F14 Tomcat Mod V1_6" - an older, less sexy but full compatible two-seater with pilot and weapons officer seats that works with Jet Service, EASA and MMA Rearm.

Mmmm. If I remember correctly, and I often don't, the time taken is calculated according to the congif "cost" of the unit. It's possible the maker of that unit has given it an astronomical cost.

Something I fixed in my ancient edit of the mission was changing it so you didn't have to stay in the vehicle while it was servicing. Don't know if that still needs to be done in your version.

But the servicing script IS running because the first thing it does is shut the engine down and take away the fuel. It seems odd that it doesn't continue and refuel and rearm it. Is there anything of interest in the server or your RPT files/

I also know the problem with "F-18 Super Hornet".

The mistake probably doesn't lie with the service station.

Almost all the other airplanes well function with the plane service station. Even exotic stargate glider work with the plane service station.

I suppose that the mistake lies in the F18-Addon. I have taken evasively the RKSL-Eurofighter and he is phenomenal.

I also know the problem with "F-18 Super Hornet".

I have taken evasively the RKSL-Eurofighter and he is phenomenal.

Yes. Yes he is. :)

Friends and I still play the tried and true vanilla ArmA2 version of Domination 2.61 because, well, not everyone has OA. One thing I miss about the OA/ACE versions when I am playing that mission is the ability to use mortars. It was easy enough to edit some fixed firing positions into the mission but this takes away the dynamic nature of the game. So, I got to thinking... what would it take to get moveable M252's into the mission (this is all based on my belief that the M252's are static and can't be moved, if they can, please tell me how)?

My first thought was to swap out the artillery drop and substitute the M252 for the M119. Well, that didn't work. I am sure I missed something in making the edits but I have no idea what. The chopper flys over, calls the drop but nothing ever does.

Then I got on the idea of playing off the trench script. Have additional menu item, "build mortar", that would spawn an M252 and an ammo crate of 16 more mortar shells. Then it dawned on me that it would turn into a mortar spam fest if every trigger happy grunt did just that.

So I arrived at the final idea of making it an engineer only capability to build/spawn the mortar and ammo box (useable by everyone). Now put 32 rounds in the box and give it a 15 minute or so cool down so it isn't spammed wither.

Is it a viable plan to try an implement this idea? Maybe somebody already has.

Well, this is interesting....

As a proof of concept I went into the trench script and replaced the object reference with M252. As a check, I also placed a static M252. PBO'd it all up and tried it out. The pre placed static M252 has complete functionality, artillery targeting is available (the red and blue ladder). The player created "trench now M252" is fireable but has no targeting capability. Where's the disconnect?