Tankbuster

Editing, Expanding and Modifying Domination

Hi all,

If not resolved Side Missions (in all versions 2.61) not opens a window "not resolved" (top right). It pops up with some players an error message in the black bar ".... x_sidemissionwinner.sqf.... line17

if (GVAR (side_mission_winner)! _bonus_vecn = 0 &&! = "") then {

What is wrong with that?

How can I fix it?

Xeno has said he not doing this any more. It's a shame, but his choice.

For those who are interested, me and a couple of chaps are attempting to make a brand new MP multimission inspired by Domination.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?134363-Project-Phoenix-The-successor-to-Domination-for-ARMA2-3

could anyone tell me how I can change West side be only CDF models and the enemies be other faction, what I mean is that I want to make Project CDF usable in the mod.

As well how can I change vehicles that are already spawned I guess its the mission.sqm am I right? but how do you open it to edit the map and place differ thing?

how I can change West side be only CDF models and the enemies be other faction

thats all scripted, and you would need classnames for the faction you want to use:

get classnames for CDF here-->http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?73241-ArmA-II-amp-OA-Classnames-No-questions-no-discussion-here!&p=1292932&viewfull=1#post1292932

but how do you open it to edit the map and place differ thing?

1st youll need to import the mission into the editor so follow this first:

How to import SP/MP Missions into the editor

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?126057-Is-there-a-way-to-import-single-player-missions-to-my-editor&p=2039105#post2039105

then

How to open Pbos and edit Mp Missions

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?100856-modify-dowloaded-MP-missions&p=1658123#post1658123

and learn about the editor, download the pdf file at the link below

Armed Assault Editing Guide - Deluxe Edition - English version

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=4847

---------- Post added at 04:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

To add the CDF units and vehicles on top of the mission, just insert the vehicles and planes you want.

once you do that then you will need to use either the existing respawn codes in the vehicle and planes in the mission, or add a new one,

I can tell you how to do this, but not where to find the script you need to swap the classnames for CDF.

I've actually done it differ way but unable to start and test if it works, I have edited the sqm file with Notepad ++ and changed the classnames so that should not make any problem however when added the addon in the addOns[]= when connecting to server it says I cannot play because downloadable content is not here or something like that but I do have it, however the mod is in a @Folder (@PCDF) should I move all the pbo from there to addons and see if it will work?

EDIT: Or do I have to add every pbo name into the addon list?

2nd EDIT: tried it and nothing, I have to include this addon because player models are used from it however I cant get the addons included into mission.sqm... All I need to know is just how to include a addon that is in a @Folder type

Edited by Sakowski

Your running circles around yourself here.

dont mess with the SQM.

CDF is already in the game, no mod needed.

If you do have a mod for CDF then you need to find the script in the mission folder itself and change the classnames so that the mission uses those units and vehicles and whatever else.

The script adds the units not the SQM, the SQM is the result of whats put down in the editor,

It could be possible to change the classnames in the SQM but its not going to work becasue the scripts are hard coded to load a specific classname for the mission,

so change the scripts, then you end up changing the SQM.

You could as I have pointed out is add your units and vehicles and stuff to the mission and play with those.

Take the playable units you choosewhen you start the mission and then replace those with the units from the CDF mod your using,

but transfer the codes from the original units to the new units before you delete them.

For the vehicles, just add your vehicles, planes, and or choppers you want, and just transfer the respawn codes from the init lines in them,

to me that would be the easiest way.

Okay I think I get it, edit and add vehicles in the editor and change the playermodels class names in sqm?

Well you see I'm using Project CDF so they have differ models that is why I am changing it and that is why I need to include the addon into the gamemode so people will need to download it to play.

edit and add vehicles in the editor and change the playermodels class names in sqm?

Yes to edit the mission, and add vehicles and units, but forget the SQM.

As I said use my tutorials so you have an idea of how to take a mission and put it into the editor:

How to import SP/MP Missions into the editor

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthrea...05#post2039105

then

How to open Pbos and edit Mp Missions

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthrea...23#post1658123

1st. thing is first - Put the mission in the editor, so you'll need to make sure its not in a pbo format which from what your talking it about its not.

2nd. find the mission in the mpeditor and then go to edit it, of course you need to launch multiplayer to do this,

so go to mp, then host a new game, pick the mission, and then hit edit (bottom left).

3rd. make sure your running your mod when you do this, but go to where the playable units are in the mission, they should all have a purple circle around them,

these are the player roles you choose when you are going to join and play the mission.

Basically put the units you want down in the mission, then take the codes from the Init lines from the existing playable roles originally in the mision and put them in the new roles,

but you need to copy those codes, from one unit to the next, and then delete the old unit before you past the new one as multiple codes cannot be used at the same time, the editor will tell you this.

4rth. once you have the new playable units, then add your vehicles, and planes, and choppers you want, delete the original stuff,

but transfer the codes from the original vehicles and planes and choppers to the init lines of the new stuff you put down.

thats basically it, you have the models from your mod in the mission.

Ah I see so I cannot just re-place the existing ones to the ones I use in the mod?

EDIT: as well small question why when saving and previewing the mission makes it all broken I mean it does not show u the domination intro, AI's beside player roles and so on? I tried it as user mission and exported into MP as well.

Edited by Sakowski

Yes and No.

As i said either find the script in the mission and change the classnames with the ones in your mod,

or add the units and stuff from the mod into the mission as i described, thats the fastest way.

its very easy to do, i have done it many times, just edit the mission, add your units you want, make your soldier units playable with one being the player,

then transfer the codes over, then delete the old units and vehicles as you go, and you will have your models, and vehicles, understand?

Also please dont quote my whole post its not necessary, my whole post is right above yours,

I do know who your responding too, unless however someone had posted after me which wasn't you.

Ok deleted the qoute.

As well thats hell of a work deleting adding new ones copying the code.

when you mean script do you mean mission.sgm?

The current actual problem I have now is that when I save the mission as user mission then export it as multiplayer the whole concept of domination is gone, no intro no New Objective, I have done what you told me, I actually deleted every vehicle and player roles and left one and it still happened?

Because all I want to do is simply REPLACE not add nor move but replace units and vehicles and when ever done in editor it deletes the domination concept since re-placing (double clicking and changing the model) shouldn't do it since no code is changed by the model and the editor should save it in the sqm

P.S. could you point me to the fastest way not sure if you did wrote about it.

Edited by Sakowski

As well thats hell of a work deleting adding new ones copying the code.

Yes it can be, all depends on how much stuff you wish to add and how many roles you want to add.

when you mean script do you mean mission.sgm?

no, a script not the SQM which i dont know which one, it basically lists the classnames of the units and and vehicles used already in the mission,

to me this would be the longer route, because not only do you need to make sure you have the correct script, but the correct classnames,

I cant help you with this, some else will have to help you here.

The current actual problem I have now is that when I save the mission as user mission then export it as multiplayer the whole concept of domination is gone,

no intro no New Objective, I have done what you told me, I actually deleted every vehicle and player roles and left one and it still happened?

Delete the old roles after you copied the codes fromt he init lines and the name of each unit. nothing in the mission should be broken doing this,

i have done this many times and never had such issues.

It is possible that the player, or another role is linked to some other scripted action in the mission such as the intro,

so you will need to look at all the codes the codes in the init line,a dn the code or name in the name position ect,.

Just add your stuff in and then transfer the codes over, copy n paste, if you get a window error that says code is already

in use or expression is in use already then you need to delete the original.

just make sure you have exactly as the original before you delete the original, compare notes.

Do not delete anything else, be sure also when you do this put the mode on for markers which is F6

so you dont accidentally delete markers in the mission, as they are used for all sorts of stuff.

What version of Domination are you editing?

and do you have a link to the mod you are using and are trying to add to the mission?

This is the mod Im trying to add: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?129342-Project-CDF

I am using 2.60 A2 Chernarus with modified base I found on google

I wanted to use 2.61 OA Chernarus but when ever I extract it and put it in my MPMissions it looks broken since nothing is on the map simply EMPTY map and it seems like this is only one working ver I could find for me.

All I want is to replace vehicles and player units not adding anything...

Everytime I try to mod it for my TRU It keep on breaking its self, never tried doing that kind of stuff before sadly not much people help doing it with you so Im being stuck on point 1.

Edited by Sakowski

So this co40_domination_2_60z_west_a2_dusty.chernarus.pbo being the mission works for you, correct?

and you basically want to put the CDF mod also seen here-->http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15888

in the mission, correct?

All I want is to replace vehicles and player units not adding anything

basically you are but you have to add in order to replace, it has to do with the codes.

Yes its all correct I want to replace the models and vehicles using that mod. Still confusing but I guess I will have to screw around with this till death.

Thanks for the help I guess If I will maybe be able to accomplish this one day I might need more help heh.

Well if you wish i can look at the mission for you and maybe add the units and models, let me look at the mission first in the editor and see what Im up againsted, and then ill report back here.

If all good, then what i'd like to ask of you is what units (soldier roles) do you want to use, and what vehicles, planes, and choppers you want in the mission.

I'd hate to see a guy struggle on something that is fairly easy for me that is all depends on alot of things mission oriented.

Let me get back to you.

Thank you!

This does get really frustrating im trying to get this done so quick so I can finally get my server online for my TRU...

EDIT: Wait a second, I was actually playing with mission.sgm where I changed classlist and it actually saved the addon inside it and it works normally! I think it works by actually changing the classlists

Back.

i tested the mission, I added a unit not from a mod or anything, and changed a vehicle, and it screwed the mission up,

so apparently my assumptions were correct that the classes, and the codes are intertwined somehow.

If you can get it to work that way then by all means do it, just be sure as I think you are doing is run the mod too.

There are other missions that would be good for a unit/clan/squad like yours, not like you couldn't make your own either,

theres also Evolution, insurgency, and many others.

It works by editing classlist in sqm so that is the best way to actually get it working.

Got few questions:

1.Where can I find the ammobox/weapon crate, which file? is it in sqm? I kind of would like to add every weapon into 1 ammo box.

2.Where are the classlist of the bonus vehicles/aircrafts? - which file?

3. Which file is the one I can change the EAST enemies?

Thank you once again for the help!

Edited by Sakowski

1. x_client/weaponcargo...

2. i_common

3. i_server

It works by editing classlist in sqm so that is the best way to actually get it working.

Excellent, Good deal!, glad you got this going, lets hope we can get your mission where you want.

Looks like Matosinec has some answers for you.

Are there any tools that make script for weapon crate? like you add weapons and it makes a script then u just copy and paste.

EDIT: Don't mind it I got it all.

2ndEDIT: I'm actually stuck with i_server changing the enemy classlist... Way too confusing.

As well it actually spawns them in squads but the mod I use does not have squads scripted... Anyway to bypass it or do I need to get squads scripted e.g. something like this INS_InfSection_AT but in the PCDF mod.

Edited by Sakowski

Is it possible to add a Saving System that will save all of the statistics in My Documents, or My server's folder, so that next time I start the mission it will automatically read from my servers folder, picking up the save files thus causing us to start right off at where we left the last time?

Is there anywhere where I can see some of the more basic questions without having to go through 155 worth of pages?

I'd like to know how to add new respawning vehicles, jets, choppers and stuff at the Main Base, like adding a Little Bird and some Attack Chopper with Fighter Jets and A-10s, some med/heavy armor that always respawns when destroyed.

Another thing I'd like to know is if it's possible that the AI that spawns when Side missions and Main Missions are generated have custom init that I can add myself a bit like the ingame editor. I'd like to mess around with the setSkill array on them so that I can have the AI be to me and my friend's liking.

Is there anywhere where I can see some of the more basic questions without having to go through 155 worth of pages?

I'd like to know how to add new respawning vehicles, jets, choppers and stuff at the Main Base, like adding a Little Bird and some Attack Chopper with Fighter Jets and A-10s, some med/heavy armor that always respawns when destroyed.

Another thing I'd like to know is if it's possible that the AI that spawns when Side missions and Main Missions are generated have custom init that I can add myself a bit like the ingame editor. I'd like to mess around with the setSkill array on them so that I can have the AI be to me and my friend's liking.

For the vehicles, download this Simple Vehicle Respawn script, place it into your mission folder.

In Domination, place a vehicle and paste the following code

veh = [this] execVM "vehicle.sqf"

to respawn on destruction.

Here is the syntax for the parameter,

veh = [this, Delay, Deserted timer, Respawns, Effect, Static, "INIT"] execVM "vehicle.sqf"