Tankbuster

Editing, Expanding and Modifying Domination

I think, the problem is, that if someone is going to port Domi on Arma3, but he/they fails or it has bugs, he/they will ask Xeno for an solution.

I can understand that Xeno don't want to get spamed with help requests for porting Domi on Arma3.

Neither he want to work at it anymore.

But i also don't like that he is not allowing it completly.

I think ,it would be better, when he gives the Domi project to someone who can handle it like himself.

This someone should have many Time, much Domi knowledge and a good relationship to Xeno. ^^

Whatever, this is what he want and we should respect it.

But only because there will be no Arma3 Domi,

is it no reason not to buy Arma3.

I think there will be enough other nice mods and gamemodes (also similiar to Domi, like Evo) for that game. ;D

On devheaven at domination>files section there is a message "2.61, last Dom version, have fun with shooting dumb Zombies" so i think he quited because a lot of people are now playing DayZ, and there are like 62 servers running DayZ with 50 players on it. Then he probably dont wanna bother anymore upgrading domination. My opinion: he should continue upgrading domination but this is totally his decision. This is going little bit off topic and i apologize

On devheaven at domination>files section there is a message "2.61, last Dom version, have fun with shooting dumb Zombies" so i think he quited because a lot of people are now playing DayZ, and there are like 62 servers running DayZ with 50 players on it. Then he probably dont wanna bother anymore upgrading domination.

It would be even fine when there were 620 DayZ servers with 50 players on each server. I have absolutely no problems with DayZ at all (played it myself already a few times though it got too boring after a short time).

There were many threads in this forum and other forums where some dorks always attacked Domina whenever possible as beeing the evil of ArmA MP (it still happens these days). Especially some of those so called skilled PvP players. And there was never any backup from BIS and even at least one (ex?)moderator of this forum was happily involved in it, even though Domina was basically the only available MP mission solely made with public playing in mind for some time.

Now those people are playing DayZ and don't have a problem killing stripped down AIs called Zombies (behaviour FSMs removed, just some simple moveTo player scripts running for those, that's all, totally fine for Zombies). Beside killing other players for the lulz (called PvP in DayZ, Teamkilling in other games/modes as it does not take any skill to shoot somebody in the back).

While I've often laughed about those mentioned dorks and threads I also saw it most of the time as a personal attack against me because those cool guys do not know how many hours of my free/spare time went into it (thousands). Reaching a level where locality in the RV engine is like a second nature for you and making MP missions for the game in just 2 hours which become the most played missions for months after a new ArmA title release takes quite some knowledge (no, not Domina), but it also takes, like already written, lots of time to get there (for example, I personally would rewrite many things in DayZ as they are either wrong, not optimized, may cause performance issues or could be improved anyways :p)

The only sad thing about DayZ is that it just shows that the market for MilSims like ArmA is basically non existent anymore. It's easier to attract the masses with simple Zombie games or simple shooters than with MilSim games.

And more than 90%+ of the DayZ players are not here or have bought CO in the last days/weeks because of ArmA or playing a MilSim but because of the Zombies. They are not interested in the ArmA series at all.

Just to give you some numbers, while writing this there were 3143 people playing OA on dedicated servers, and out of those 3143 people 2144 people were playing DayZ.

I can just hope that it doesn't influence BIS to drop the MilSim genre.

My opinion: he should continue upgrading domination but this is totally his decision.

No, I'm done with it and I've quit making MP missions :)

This is going little bit off topic and i apologize

That's right and also the reason why I do bail out of this thread now :)

Xeno

Edited by Xeno

I wanted to say this for a few weeks but was debating if I should bite my tongue but, I don't like the taste of a tongue sandwich lol. Seriously I need to say this because nobody has.

First Thank you Xeno for all your hard work and dedication to this community for the past 5 years with domination. You and some others are the pioneers that showed other scripters how to make large scale COOP and player vs player (sort of) MP missions. Some will say it was this that killed the small coop missions that dominated (no pun intended) the old OFP servers. Some will say it was JIP but that is for a different debate.

The Domination format was the king for a good run but people and times change. If you don't change with it things can and will pass you by. It's my view that the domination format needed a little tweak to keep players excited about the mission. Yes as a mission designer you keep your focus on how the mission should play but domination was more then a mission it was almost the whole public MP (coop) scene. In my view DAY Z is a joke WTF Zombies for the best MilSim on the market. It makes me think when all the life and border patrol servers started to pop up back in the OFP days. Like then Day z will die out and most of the people who are playing will move on to a new game and only a few will keep playing with zombies. Where does this leave the core players in the community and the new ones finding ARMA for the first time? Bohemia needs to get on board and make some large scale coop missions like domination and some real player vs player missions out of the box next time around.

Xeno you know I respect you for your ability to write code and for your dedication to domination and the community but WTF you are behaving like a three year old by saying I don't want to see an A3 port nor a port to any other RV engine games. Give me a break bro. What the hell just because your mission is not on top. That's like if bohemia pulled a codemasters on the community and said no more open source for the modding community. If you are done with updating/tweaking domination that's ok you put your time in but if some other scripter wants to port it over and work on the mission he can and will. You can't stop them! Maybe armaholic will not put it on the site but players will still get the mission. I really can't believe you are that egotistical. When you say thousands of hours went into it domination you did it for yourself not for others. Mission designing and scripting is a hobby and you put the time into it because you got something out of it.

Once again I want to thank you for the domination mission. I use it to learn about scripting and spend 75% of my ARMA time playing my variation of the mission that meets my personal needs. Bohemia should have gave you more support over the years who knows where online MP would be today without you and domination, we may find out soon. Day z is just gimmick that will not last with the masses. I hope you try to take in what I have said.

2.61 = WIP4 released.That's the last Domina version from me.

Please feel free to modify it to your needs and maybe somebody will finish the new game mode.

Just one thing, I don't want to see an A3 port nor a port to any other RV engine games != A2/OA/TOH.

The series definately needs more Zombies, everything else is just wasted time.

Xeno

I won't do anything related to MP mission making anymore... done that the last 5 years for free, thousands of hours went into it, it's time to move on... :)

I hope so.

And again (in case somebody missed it), I don't want to see an A3 port of Domina!

Xeno

It would be even fine when there were 620 DayZ servers with 50 players on each server. I have absolutely no problems with DayZ at all (played it myself already a few times though it got too boring after a short time).

There were many threads in this forum and other forums where some dorks always attacked Domina whenever possible as beeing the evil of ArmA MP (it still happens these days). Especially some of those so called skilled PvP players. And there was never any backup from BIS and even at least one (ex?)moderator of this forum was happily involved in it, even though Domina was basically the only available MP mission solely made with public playing in mind for some time.

Now those people are playing DayZ and don't have a problem killing stripped down AIs called Zombies (behaviour FSMs removed, just some simple moveTo player scripts running for those, that's all, totally fine for Zombies). Beside killing other players for the lulz (called PvP in DayZ, Teamkilling in other games/modes as it does not take any skill to shoot somebody in the back).

While I've often laughed about those mentioned dorks and threads I also saw it most of the time as a personal attack against me because those cool guys do not know how many hours of my free/spare time went into it (thousands). Reaching a level where locality in the RV engine is like a second nature for you and making MP missions for the game in just 2 hours which become the most played missions for months after a new ArmA title release takes quite some knowledge (no, not Domina), but it also takes, like already written, lots of time to get there (for example, I personally would rewrite many things in DayZ as they are either wrong, not optimized, may cause performance issues or could be improved anyways :p)

The only sad thing about DayZ is that it just shows that the market for MilSims like ArmA is basically non existent anymore. It's easier to attract the masses with simple Zombie games or simple shooters than with MilSim games.

And more than 90%+ of the DayZ players are not here or have bought CO in the last days/weeks because of ArmA or playing a MilSim but because of the Zombies. They are not interested in the ArmA series at all.

Just to give you some numbers, while writing this there were 3143 people playing OA on dedicated servers, and out of those 3143 people 2144 people were playing DayZ.

I can just hope that it doesn't influence BIS to drop the MilSim genre.

No, I'm done with it and I've quit making MP missions :)

That's right and also the reason why I do bail out of this thread now :)

Xeno

Edited by AVIBIRD 1

Couldn't agree more, Avi. Well said.

If there isn't going to be a Domination for ARMA3, then there will be less buyers than otherwise.

Xeno you know I respect you for your ability to write code and for your dedication to domination and the community but WTF you are behaving like a three year old by saying I don't want to see an A3 port nor a port to any other RV engine games. Give me a break bro. What the hell just because your mission is not on top. That's like if bohemia pulled a codemasters on the community and siad no more open source for the modding community. If you are done with updating/tweaking domination that's ok you put your time in but if some other scripter wants to port it over and work on the mission he can and will. You can't stop them! Maybe armaholic will not put it on the site but players will still get the mission. I really can't believe you are that egotistical. When you say thousands of hours went into it domination you did it for yourself not for others. Mission designing and scripting is a hobby and you put the time into it because you got something out of it.

Sadly, I agree.

Domination REMAINS the best thing to ever happen to ArmA, period.

But with that said, I just found DayZ (had never heard of it until it was mentioned above, been too busy playing Domination I suppose) and it really is amazing too, in a different way. So why can't we enjoy both? Why the attitude "well if you want to play THAT I will take my toys and go home"? DayZ is the latest fad, when people tire of its uniqueness many will come back to Domination. Oh wait, no they won't... because Domination is dead. DayZ will, I am sure, on the other hand be ported to ArmA 3.

I just don't get it. Evidence of the volatile nature of creative people I suppose.

Regardless of what people say Xeno, Domination was great experience and I thank you for the years of effort you have put into it. I have heard people say it killed the Arma MP experience, but I don't understand why really. The same people will no doubt be saying the same thing of DayZ in a few weeks/months.

Horses for courses, the great thing about Arma is that it is possible to have all these different game types - such flexibility is unheard of in other games.

Anyway I will continue to play and edit Domination for my server and I hope that one day you would allow it to be ported to A3. If not, then that's your call and we still have A2! Thanks again for your efforts and your continued work in ACE2.

Well you mentioned money, I know for a fact I'd donate to have an ARMA3 version of Dom. Seems to me you just need thicker skin, your work shows you're right by it's sheer popularity, doesn't matter what crybabies on forums say, look at statistics. It's the one mission that BIS should develop towards inclusion in ARMA3, and as such I wouldn't have to organize a donation system. Thanks for everything.

Domination - How to add more aircraft to the start of the game?

Hi, on Domination! 2 [2.60] i have gone into the editor and added two A-10s, a C-130J and a blackhawk to the base. However, how do i get them like the other aircraft? for example: The C-130J cannot do HALO jumps and carry thing (If it can do that anyway).

Also, when i add armor - like a bradley, i can't lift it.

How can i add these with the scripts?

(Im an editor noob)

Thanks

I'm not sure what to say... Domination...dead...? And no port allowed to ARMA3?? Around 80% or more of my time playing ARMA2 has gone in to domination its one of the greatest Arma2 missions I've ever played. This DayZ stuff does not interest me I do not have any interest in online "RPG" games. I'm still thankful that xeno has done what he has in domination and I am glad he has made it. But, if he is tired of domination and wants to let it die then so be it, he made it I guess he has the right to kill it too. Perhaps someone will come along and make a new mission in ARMA3 that is like domination.

Domination - How to add more aircraft to the start of the game?

Hi, on Domination! 2 [2.60] i have gone into the editor and added two A-10s, a C-130J and a blackhawk to the base. However, how do i get them like the other aircraft? for example: The C-130J cannot do HALO jumps and carry thing (If it can do that anyway).

Also, when i add armor - like a bradley, i can't lift it.

How can i add these with the scripts?

(Im an editor noob)

Thanks

Just add what you want in the editor and put in the aircraft init a respawn script and add R3F_LOG script and you are ready to go.

HI, GUYS, SORRY FOR CAPITAL LETTERS BUT IT IS VERY IMPORTANT, LAST DOMINATION VERSION MADE BY XENO: DOMI 2.61 HAS VERY BIG BUG.

Ammobox loaded in the base and dropped anywhere on the map DISAPPEARS, I CHECKED IT ON 20 SERVERS HOSTING DOMINATION 2.61. IT IS EASY TO CHECK WHEN AMMOBOX IS DROPPED AT MHQ THERE IS NO INFO ON THE MAP (blue word ammo). JUST LOAD AMMBOX TO MHQ AT BASE AMMO POINT GO OUTSIDE BASE, DEPLOY MHQ DROP AMMOBOX, THEN DISCONNECT FROM SERVER , CONNECT AGAIN AND THERE IS NO AMMOBOX ANYMORE.

Again sorry for capital letters.

Hey. I wouldn't know where to post this, but this seems to be the best place.

I'm having trouble playing domination with the Zeus AI for ACE.

For some reason, after a few missions, it breaks everything: the AOs are empty (maybe two or three guys, snipers mostly), the vehicles are empty, the side missions don't spawn...

First i thought Domina uses things related to AI that would conflict with Zeus, but i heard of some servers running Ace Domi with Zeus.

Is there anything special to do if I wanna use Zeus on a ACE domi?

Hi all,

great thread. Learned a lot so far and enjoying Xeno's brilliant work - thx very much. That you will quit one day was an unwritten story though. Sad, but absolutely understandable.

Took me forever to search for a solution, but it seems it's just me who is aiming the following:

I would like to have MTs and SMs in random-mode (as is) but the bonus vehicles to appear in a definable order. Anyone got an idea how to approach that? Thx in advance!

Xeno egotistical... sure, but we all are. I couldn't agree more with Xeno. We all know it all has to do with BIS's CEO expressing support (even teamwork) for that zombie thing.

I thanks BIS deeply, for the OFP/ARMA series, and I've been here from the beginning. But I remember one day (back in the OFP days) when I read a very early interview, about how the original idea was never to do a military oriented sim, but a fantasy RPG (yeah, I got my WTF moment). So, well, that's what they really like. BIS's most inner circle, don't care about the military aspect of this story, they would love to have made it with zombies and other fantasy elements.

And please don't get me wrong, I'm not saying anything negative about BIS, but I hope this could help Xeno, to understand better these BIS's attitudes, that seem, otherwise, nonsensical and insulting.

DAYZ will be lucky to last 2 months with the amount of players it has, its a fad that is crap. Arma series is and always will be mil sim. If anything we should maybe thank DAYZ as in the end it might clear our servers from the non serious mil sim gamer as they will most likely stay on the Dayz servers and let the rest of us serious Arma gamers get on with what we love the most.

Xeno dont give up mate your work has been one of the best for the arma series, i mean bis them selves couldnt even bring out such a great multi player mode. At the end of the day Xeno you will always know that your Domi molded the way of Arma multiplayer missions.

Any way just had to get that of my chest

p.s Dayz SUCKS On Arma

I'm having trouble getting R3F Logistics to work on Domination. I've added the right line to init.sqf but when it comes time to add the line to description.sqf, I put it in and the entire game crashes.

Here's the line I'm using:

#include "R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\desc_include.h"

class RscTitles

{

#include "R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\desc_rsct_include.h"

};

{

#include "x_dlg\IntroText.hpp"

#ifdef __MANDO__

#include "mando_missiles\mando_missiletitles.h"

#endif

};

This is the problem area. Anyone have any ideas?

when it crashes do you get the error RscTitles already in use or something if so inside the r3f folders you will find a file that has RscTitles in it delet the info inside that file then add it to your descrition RscTitles also delet the path to that file.

ill have a look later and type the exact instructions.

Hey Sharp I only have one line added to my description.sqf at the start of the file see below and works fine for me. Try the setup and let me know.

//__EXEC(diag_log format ["############################# %1 #############################", missionName];);

//__EXEC(diag_log [diag_frameno, diag_ticktime, time, "Executing Dom description.ext"]);

#include "R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\desc_include.h"

#include "x_setup.sqf"

onLoadMission=__D_VER_NAME__;

onLoadIntroTime=false;

onLoadMissionTime=false;

disabledAI=0;

respawn=5;

respawndelay = __D_RESPAWN_DELAY__;

debriefing=1;

showGPS=1;

//loadScreen = "Pics\introOtea.paa";

I HAVE NO LINE IN MY RscTitles see below.

class RscTitles {

#include "x_dlg\RscTitles.hpp"

#include "x_revive\RscTitles.hpp"

#include "Fps\FpsHud.hpp"

//#include "x_dlg\IntroTextit.hpp"

#include "DAPMAN\RscTitles.hpp"

};

What version are you using for your edit.

Edited by AVIBIRD 1

2.28 AI is the version I'm trying to edit.

Why would you not have one of the 2.60 versions. There are reasons xeno updated so many times.

When I originally got the mission, all I did was google it and download the first result I found and then began adding to it. At this point it seems like it'd be quite a hassle to have to shift all the changes made over to yet another version of the mission.

To use the next or latest version then all you should have to do is copy n paste what you added, i suggest get the version your trying to edit workable for what your trying to do and

or add to it and then that way you have a working example.

Just have 2 versions editable in the mpeditor, and then load each mission.

Move the planes you got and what not into a central area, then copy them all then load the next (latest version) and paste the stuff, should take you about 20min .

Hello,

I think I must be retarded or something but I can figure this issue out.

I was able to dePBO the Chernarus mission using the informatin you all have provided and I have edited it and it appears to be working, however, I have two issues I cant seem to find a solution to two things and I'm starting to think I just suck a searching... Here they are anyway.

I'm using CO40 Chernarus 2.61zc 1.60

1. I cannot figure out how to add the ability to choppers to lift certain things. I've read several threads in here but I cant find the strings/lines/code everyone suggests should be there to change.

2. Backpacks stop working after saving the mission to multiplayer. I get no script errors and I do get the "Backpack is loaded" message but nothing happens, neither graphically nor mechanically.

Can anyone give me some insight or point me to the thread page where this is explained?

I am editing an ACE 2 domination on the island of fallujah, I have a problem with the "chopper service" is to never recharge rocket pods of attack helicopters,

Thanks to all ...