Tankbuster

Editing, Expanding and Modifying Domination

I think what he means is a side wont be created *while* the main target is being set up.

With the 2.6 version you can move the locations for side and main targets freely around the map by moving the markers in the editor.

I am now in the process of doing this on Fallujah. But ... wow there are a lot .. i mean A LOT of side missions and its difficult to see which marker corresponds to which mission since they only carry numbers.

sooo at the moment i am playing every single side mission and i am making a list, hopefully doing them in order will give me the correct numbers.

Then i should be able to actually know where to place the convoy start - end for example.

---

While i am here, I noticed the buildings on fallujah dont stay destroyed / are not destroyed for JIP players.

Is this a problem with the map or is there a way i could fix that script wise?

I am loving this new "Modular" Domination. Great job Xeno :D

While i am here, I noticed the buildings on fallujah dont stay destroyed / are not destroyed for JIP players.

Is this a problem with the map or is there a way i could fix that script wise?

That's a problem of the Fallujah map (might be also the case for A2/OA islands from BIS though afair it was fixed for the buildings in A2/OA, not sure).

Fallujah uses mostly ArmA 1 buildings.

I'm creating already ruins for some objects in Domina for some time now but not island related stuff (for example some Warfare objects used at base, they simply are setPosed 100 or more meters under the ground when they are destroyed instead of changing it to ruins in the game; including ruins for JIP players).

I am loving this new "Modular" Domination. Great job Xeno :D

Uhm, there will be some more objects on the map in the next WIP update (needed for the new optional gameplay mode, not used in the standard version and "old" mission.sqm files should still work) :p

Xeno

Ah OK. The creation of MT and SM are timed so they don't coincide. Yeah, that was sometimes a problem in older version.

uhm Xeno, one question about side mission 46, the silos.

Unlike the petrol station mission (sm_24) this one doesnt seem to create a building.

How does the mission select and check building for status?

Did you do it via map ID number? If so, is there a way to actually "Fail" this mission? Else it just sticks at that point and thats that.

edit: nvm :)

placed the marker right on top of a tank and *BOOM* mission accomplished :D

Edited by McSpeed

Has anyone tryed to put DAC script into a domination mission to increase contact around the towns and side missions. More random units moving around would be nice to make things more unpredictable with the mission. The question is will it work with domination.

Edited by AVIBIRD 1

hehe i was going to do that today, no kidding.

I dont see why it should cause issues, It does automatically resize groups to stay under the 144 limit and has its own zones.

dom generates units in a similar fashion though i am not sure if it has the group size balance function too.

Ill let you know tomorrow how the DAC works.

One thing i would recommend though is to set a manual trigger for it, like radio , to make sure it spawns units after dom has set the first main target.

Has anyone tryed to put DAC script into a domination mission to increase contact around the towns and side missions. More random units moving around would be nice to make things more unpredictable with the mission. The question is will it work with domination.

In the TOH version the radius of patrolling groups around the main targets and sidemissions is already increased, there is just no new version for OA/A2 yet as I first want to finish the additional new game mode.

While DAC is really nice (I've used it quite a lot in other missions and even made an optimized version of DAC for my own personal use (replaced almost all call compile formats, event optimizations, errors removed, etc) the available version causes some scripting engine problems (delays) in combination with Domina.

Xeno

hmm :(

ok well, thanks xeno.

guess i'll spend the day cleaning up my base then :)

hmm :(

ok well, thanks xeno.

guess i'll spend the day cleaning up my base then :)

Hey for anyone who cares I just got the DAC script version to run with my 2.6 domination edit which already has a ton of extra things added to the mission. The mission runs well in the high 20 to mid 30 FPS. I am still adjusting a few things as well as trying to understand the numerous elements within the DAC script. I only have two zones and one base zone setup with three camps. One zone is very large 7500 x 7500 and it covers most of the playable map. The second zone is in the middle of the map 1500 x 1500 both are linked. The camp zone is only 500 x 500 and is at the north airport. I have not seen any scripting engine problems (delays) to this point. I have taking one town and completed one side mission. More testing to see what happens with the engine problems as xeno stated above.

In my view domination needs more randomness of enemy units around the map/citys and side missions. I can't wait to see the next Domination 2.61 with the new game mode xeno is working on:yay:

Edited by AVIBIRD 1

After a full day of testing DAC works well with domination however, you just can't put down a ton of zones and units within the zones. The only scripting engine problems (delays) that I see is with using game fucntions into different menus ie team switch, game map, notes things like that. The delay is less then 2 seconds. No ingame delays noted with moving, changing weapons ect. If you put to many units and zones you will get lag in towns but that's ARMA engine in general. Still working on finding the right number of units and zones that will work well with my edit.

Does anyone know how to make all bluefor units playable, non playable and AI control to show current locations on the map all the time. What setting do I need to adjust. I know I can set the game diffculty level to lower setting but I don't want to do that. This is for test reasons only not gameplay Thanks Avibird.

I have ported Domination to Mitilini Island but am having troubles with convoy side missions. I have them all placed but the convoy missions have there start marker correct but not the end marker, where do I fix this ?

I'm retouching a Domination in Takistan in ACE version, and I have a problem not solve it.

the question is that can not get the "Lift choppers" may raise "MHQ" I have reviewed all the parameters related to that problem and I find that fails.

A greeting and thanks.

Have you added them in the lift array ? You can find this in i_client.sqf I think :).

I have ported Domination to Mitilini Island but am having troubles with convoy side missions. I have them all placed but the convoy missions have there start marker correct but not the end marker, where do I fix this ?

Convoy sidemissions always have 2 default markers in editor, e.g. sm_22(Start marker) and sm_22_1(End marker). If you change position of those markers they will in mission show up where you put them.

I'm retouching a Domination in Takistan in ACE version, and I have a problem not solve it.

the question is that can not get the "Lift choppers" may raise "MHQ" I have reviewed all the parameters related to that problem and I find that fails.

A greeting and thanks.

Im not sure if i understood the question, if you want lift chopper to lift MHQ then you have to add MHQ in helilift array in i_client.sqf/GVAR(helilift1_types) (line 386)

You also need to define a unique number for choppers in the d_init.sqf (l. 493) ;D

Edited by B1n4ry

With your help I got fix the incorrect parameter ... was the (Helilift_types1) line 386.

Thank you all.

There is a new WIP version available @dev-heaven. The new game mode is still not finished (haven't had much time lately because I was working on this, this and that), the code for the new game mode is already in the mission but deactivated.

What's new is in the current WIP version is that infantry AI groups are now reduced when there is no player near the group (that means all inf groups, no matter where they are or what they are doing). Just the group leader stays, all other units are removed and stored (including weapons, magazines and damage). The default reduce distance is 1200m, can be changed in i_server.sqf.

Furthermore AI group patrol radius was increased quite a bit, so don't be surprised when suddenly AI shows up in places around the main targets or sidemissions where you wouldn't expect them.

Please test as I would like to know how the new reduce system behaves (performance) with more than 2 clients connected, thank you!

Xeno

Awsome Xeno throwing it up on our server tonight Hardcore Online Gaming if any 1 wishes to play it. ill post back tomorrow how it all goes.

Also has any 1 got revive working on TvT id love to get my hands on TvT revive as our team only play TvT and we really miss revive.

i mentioned it a few times now.. i wonder if you cannot see my replies...

open the pbo in eliteness and then in eliteness open the mission sqm, you will see a wall of text on the right hand side.

copy that and paste that into your actual mission.sqm , replacing the initial text. done.

I tried it with the .sqm (foolishly) from the file that was already in the Editor directory and as should be expected, nothing happened.

Tried to do it with the one from MPMissions and nothing comes up when I open/examine it in Eliteness.

I'm gonna go ahead and guess that it's stupidity and failure to follow instructions properly on my part and I'm considering starting from scratch if I can't sort this out.

I know you've been exceptionally patient with me and everything, but could you please outline the entire process clearly for me?

I tried it with the .sqm (foolishly) from the file that was already in the Editor directory and as should be expected, nothing happened.

Tried to do it with the one from MPMissions and nothing comes up when I open/examine it in Eliteness.

I'm gonna go ahead and guess that it's stupidity and failure to follow instructions properly on my part and I'm considering starting from scratch if I can't sort this out.

I know you've been exceptionally patient with me and everything, but could you please outline the entire process clearly for me?

Place .pbo file on desktop, open Eliteness, in the left top square (below Refresh option) click on Desktop folder and then find .pbo file in square that is below, when you find it right click on pbo file and select DePbo. If mission.sqm has some weird text then you have to go back to Eliteness in top left square select mission folder that u DePbo then in below square select mission.sqm, right click and select Derapify, then click Save As which is above Refresh option near Open icon then at "File name:" field type mission.sqm then click save and place that saved mission.sqm to your mission folder so you can open it with Editor.

I'm wondering if there are any kind souls out there who could help me out. I've been looking into adding a couple or A-10's to domination in editor. I got it working, I save the edited mission in editor, then use the tool to create a pbo file. However, for some reason, when i try to test the map in mp, i cant find the edited map. All i really want is a couple of planes at start. It might be easy for someone to figure it out, but it seems like rocket science to me. :p

Not sure what i am doing wrong.

Did you place your mission into MPMission folder ? Does .pbo file has something like this missionname.Takistan.pbo or missionname.Chernarus.pbo or any other map?

@Landstriker

Tell us what you did step by step from the editor to where you wanted to test.

also a

few of questions when you made your edits/additions:

1.What Domination mission did you edit? as theres many of them

2. When you put down the planes did you add a respawn script for the planes, or did you use the existing respawn codes from the misssion itself? or at all?

3. Did you save as usermission?

4. Did you export the mission to Multiplayer as that will create a pbo for you automatically-( what i suggest is delete, or move the domination pbo in

the mpmissions folder, and then export you mission and then the new pbo will showup in the mpmissions folder which is located in the Arma2 directory.

5.when you start a new host in mp did yuo see 2 version of your mission? one will be light blue (your edited usermission),

and the other a light gold, or tan name which will be the exported pbo.

@Landstriker

Tell us what you did step by step from the editor to where you wanted to test.

also a

few of questions when you made your edits/additions:

1.What Domination mission did you edit? as theres many of them

2. When you put down the planes did you add a respawn script for the planes, or did you use the existing respawn codes from the misssion itself? or at all?

3. Did you save as usermission?

4. Did you export the mission to Multiplayer as that will create a pbo for you automatically-( what i suggest is delete, or move the domination pbo in

the mpmissions folder, and then export you mission and then the new pbo will showup in the mpmissions folder which is located in the Arma2 directory.

5.when you start a new host in mp did yuo see 2 version of your mission? one will be light blue (your edited usermission),

and the other a light gold, or tan name which will be the exported pbo.

I think i got it working now. I edited the "co30 domination.takistan" map, adding a couple of helos, 4 playable pilots and two a-10's. I saved the map as "multiplayer mission".

I just wanted to add a little "edited by" message on the domination name, just to easily identify the map. My friend hosts a server and we wanted to be able to have a wider selection of vehicles to play around with. Since we're only 5 people playing, domination can be a bit challenging if you're doing the main missions without any added firepower. I also used the respawn script by Tophe and it seems to be working perfect. :)

Now the question is: In order for my friend to host the map on his server, do i have to edit the map file or can he use it just by copying the pbo?

Anyways, thanks for the swift reply, the Arma 2 community is one of the best I've had the pleasure to be a part of.

Edited by Landstriker