Tankbuster

Editing, Expanding and Modifying Domination

So I have done many searches and have been unable to find what I am looking for. I have added a couple vehicles that I would like to be able to load and unload ammoboxes from. I found where to add the vehicle name so that I can load ammo boxes in that vehicle. Which is here in red:

// time player has to wait until he can drop the next ammobox (old ammobox handling)
// in the new ammobox handling (default, loading and dropping boxes) it means the time dif in seconds before a box can be loaded or dropped again in a vehicle
GVAR(drop_ammobox_time) = if (GVAR(AmmoBoxHandling)) then {300} else {240};
GVAR(current_truck_cargo_array) = 0;
// GVAR(check_ammo_load_vecs)
// the only vehicles that can load an ammo box are the transport choppers and MHQs__
#ifdef __OWN_SIDE_WEST__
GVAR(check_ammo_load_vecs) = if (__OAVer) then {
["M1133_MEV_EP1","UH60M_EP1","MH60S","BMP2_HQ_TK_EP1","Mi17_TK_EP1","[color="#FF0000"]BAF_Jackal2_GMG_D[/color]"]
} else {
["LAV25_HQ","MH60S"]
};

The problem comes when I want to unload them. Because they are additional vehicles there is no "vehicle menu" so to speak. So I cannot unload the ammo box. I have looked in various scripts and cannot find where to add the vehicle so it now has a vehicle menu which would allow me to unload the box. It is not a helicopter. It is a ground vehicle. I am guessing the the menus are attached to the vehicle ID's. I realize there are other scripts I can add but I would rather stick to xeno's scripts as much as possilbe. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all for your time. And thank you again Xeno for a great mission. I bow to you sir. You have obviously put a ton of work into this.

-Nuke

So I have done many searches and have been unable to find what I am looking for. I have added a couple vehicles that I would like to be able to load and unload ammoboxes from. I found where to add the vehicle name so that I can load ammo boxes in that vehicle. Which is here in red:

// time player has to wait until he can drop the next ammobox (old ammobox handling)
// in the new ammobox handling (default, loading and dropping boxes) it means the time dif in seconds before a box can be loaded or dropped again in a vehicle
// the only vehicles that can load an ammo box are the transport choppers and MHQs__
#ifdef __OWN_SIDE_WEST__
["M1133_MEV_EP1","UH60M_EP1","MH60S","BMP2_HQ_TK_EP1","Mi17_TK_EP1","[color="#FF0000"]BAF_Jackal2_GMG_D[/color]"]
} else {
["LAV25_HQ","MH60S"]
};

The problem comes when I want to unload them. Because they are additional vehicles there is no "vehicle menu" so to speak. So I cannot unload the ammo box. I have looked in various scripts and cannot find where to add the vehicle so it now has a vehicle menu which would allow me to unload the box. It is not a helicopter. It is a ground vehicle. I am guessing the the menus are attached to the vehicle ID's. I realize there are other scripts I can add but I would rather stick to xeno's scripts as much as possilbe. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all for your time. And thank you again Xeno for a great mission. I bow to you sir. You have obviously put a ton of work into this.

-Nuke

rename vehicle BAF : yourjackal in mission.sqm and

d_init line 455

// editor varname, unique number

//0-9 = MHQ, 10-19 = Medic vehicles, 20-29 = Fuel, Repair, Reammo trucks, 30-39 = Engineer Salvage trucks, 40-49 = Transport trucks

[

[xvec1,0],[xvec2,1],[yourjackal,2],[xmedvec,10],[xvec3,20],[xvec4,21],[xvec5,22], [xvec7,23],

[xvec8,24], [xvec9,25], [xvec6,30], [xvec10,31], [xvec11,40], [xvec12,41]

] execVM "x_server\x_vrespawn2.sqf";

test, I think that's all

Edited by BeTeP

add class line 100? I have already added the vehicle to the script there but not sure what you mean by adding class line 100? I can load the box but I still do not get the menu to drop it. If you mean it is on line 100 thats fine. But just adding this does not solve my problem. Also, you script looks different but I am guessing that is because you have a different version of Dom. I am using 1.60.

I wonder if I need to add the vehicle here and give it a 1 or 0 for a unique number?

#ifndef __TT__
GVAR(p_vecs) = [
["MRR1",0,"mobilerespawn1","HQ","ColorYellow","1","MHQ One"],["MRR2",1,"mobilerespawn2","HQ","ColorYellow","2","MHQ Two"],
["MEDVEC",10,"medvec","n_med","ColorGreen","M",""],["TR1",20,"truck1","n_maint","ColorGreen","R1",""],
["TR2",21,"truck2","n_support","ColorGreen","F1",""],["TR3",22,"truck3","n_support","ColorGreen","A1",""],
["TR6",23,"truck4","n_maint","ColorGreen","R2",""],["TR5",24,"truck5","n_support","ColorGreen","F2",""],
["TR4",25,"truck6","n_support","ColorGreen","A2",""],["TR7",30,"truck7","n_service","ColorGreen","E1",""],
["TR8",31,"truck8","n_service","ColorGreen","E2",""],["TR9",40,"truck9","n_support","ColorGreen","T2",""],
["TR10",41,"truck10","n_support","ColorGreen","T1",""]
];

Edited by nukerat

#ifdef __OWN_SIDE_WEST__
} else {
["LAV25_HQ","MH60S"]
};

-Nuke

domination v2.60zc

d_init line 437

I believe, we must add in array respawn vehicle.

for land vehicles, you must make the choice of MHQ.

#ifndef __TT__
if (!__ACEVer) then {
	// editor varname, unique number, true = respawn only when the chopper is completely destroyed, false = respawn after some time when no crew is in or chopper is destroyed
	switch (true) do {
		case (__COVer): {
			[[ch1,301,true],[ch2,302,true],[ch3,303,false,1500],[ch4,304,false,1500]] execVM "x_server\x_helirespawn2.sqf"
		};
		case (__OAVer): {
			[[ch1,301,true],[ch2,302,true],[ch3,303,false,1500],[ch4,304,false,1500],[ch5,305,false,600],[ch6,306,false,600]] execVM "x_server\x_helirespawn2.sqf"
		};
	};
} else {
	if (GVAR(enemy_side) == "EAST") then {
		[[ch1,301,true],[ch2,302,true],[ch3,303,false,1500],[ch4,304,false,1500],[ch5,305,false,600],[ch6,306,false,600]] execVM "x_server\x_helirespawn2.sqf"
	} else {
		[[ch1,301,true],[ch2,302,true],[ch3,303,false,1500],[ch4,304,false,1500]] execVM "x_server\x_helirespawn2.sqf"
	};
};
// editor varname, unique number
//0-9 = MHQ, 10-19 = Medic vehicles, 20-29 = Fuel, Repair, Reammo trucks, 30-39 = Engineer Salvage trucks, 40-49 = Transport trucks
[
	[xvec1,0],[xvec2,1],[color="#FF0000"][yourjackal,2][/color],[xmedvec,10],[xvec3,20],[xvec4,21],[xvec5,22], [xvec7,23],
	[xvec8,24], [xvec9,25], [xvec6,30], [xvec10,31], [xvec11,40], [xvec12,41]
#else
if !(__ACEVer) then {
	[
		[ch1,301,true],[ch2,302,true],[ch3,303,false],[ch4,304,false],[ch5,305,false,600],[ch6,306,false,600],
		[chR1,401,true],[chR2,402,true],[chR3,403,false],[chR4,404,false],[chR5,405,false,600],[chR6,406,false,600]
	] execVM "x_server\x_helirespawn2.sqf";

if (__COVer) then {
		_helper = [];
		for "_i" from 1 to 32 do {
			_v = missionNamespace getVariable format ["vecvec%1", _i];
			_helper set [count _helper, _v];
		};
		_helper execVM "x_server\x_vrespawnn.sqf";
	};
} else {
	[
		[ch1,301,true],[ch2,302,true],[ch3,303,false],[ch4,304,false],[ch5,305,false,600],[ch6,306,false,600],
		[chR1,401,true],[chR2,402,true],[chR3,403,false],[chR4,404,false],[chR5,405,false,600],[chR6,406,false,600]
	] execVM "x_server\x_helirespawn2.sqf";
};
[
	[xvec1,0],[xvec2,1],[xmedvec,10],[xvec3,20],[xvec4,21],[xvec5,22],[xvec6,30],[xvec7,40],
	[xvecR1,100],[xvecR2,101],[xmedvecR,110],[xvecR3,120],[xvecR4,121],[xvecR5,122],[xvecR6,130],[xvecR7,140]
#endif

Edited by BeTeP

I played on a server that was hosting Domination Chernarus BAF and all the revive/arty/radio/next target sounds was in BAF voices but it was sometime ago and I do not have it in my MPMissionCache anymore, I tried searching around but can not seem to find it so does anyone know how I can do it ?

I've added a very early 2.61 West OA WIP version here: https://dev-heaven.net/issues/29352#note-16, so if someone is interested you can test it.

The test version was added because I think I've finally nailed one remaining revive animation issue (revive unconscious player stuck to ground, related to HALO animations). Would be nice to get some feedback if it is really fixed.

Beside that it already includes multilanguage support (though the only available translation currently is spanish, everything else is still in english), server lobby parameter changes (they are now divided into sections including section headers, need some input here too), bonus vehicles for main targets and sidemissions can be set individualy for each main target and sidemission (check the readme file inside the mission folder), slots can be blocked for clan members (again, check the readme) and many more (mostly internal) changes.

Xeno

Just been testing with mousetrap and there has been some improvements but there is still problems, he is going to make a ticket on Dev-Heaven later. I would def keep the new parameters layout, very simple and tidy. The parameter for the random sidemissions is all good and will come in handy. The mission itself is very huge as well so I am guessing its the multi language support so maybe have two two different downloads (one included and one not) in later releases.

The mission itself is very huge as well so I am guessing its the multi language support so maybe have two two different downloads (one included and one not) in later releases.

Not possible anymore, sorry. But 4.x MB should be no problem.

Xeno

I have left the following message in the editing forum but thought maybe I would post it here as well since I am editing Xeno's dom mission. You guys may have some insight on this becasue it is a takistan hanger questions.

Object class name of the takistan hangers?

I was wondering if it was possible to find the object class name for the "tan" takistan hangers? I have done numerous searches and have yet to find it. The hangers that spawn with the map are the ones I am looking for. I have found a few others. I believe I can just change the skin on the green hangers but would rather find the original class name. Any help would be great. Thank you all for your time.

-Nuke

TankBuster hooked me up with the answer I was looking for in the other thread. Thank you very much tank.

Edited by nukerat
Solution given...

Xeno the spectate is still very choppy on fastmoving objects like planes and choppers, didnt you make a temp fix for that ? Did you remove that again ?

Dorph;2121494']Did you remove that again ?

Nothing changed since some versions. Anyway' date=' could you please test the version attached here ? Thanks.

Xeno

Hello @ all,

i'm new in this forum and also new in "creating" or modifing missions/scripting. But with help from this forum and especially this thread I have done a "conversion" of Domination for the "CLA afghan" island for our Squad {TNT}.

I'm using Version 260zc with ACE against AI and all is working like charm. But now i want to change the faction setup from West vs East to West vs Guerilla.

I found two promising files/places where i changed the following:

i_common.sqf

// WEST, EAST or GUER for own side, setup in x_setup.sqf
#ifdef __OWN_SIDE_WEST__
GVAR(own_side) = "WEST";
[color="#FF0000"]GVAR(enemy_side) = "GUER";[/color] //GVAR(enemy_side) = "EAST";
#endif
#ifdef __OWN_SIDE_EAST__
GVAR(own_side) = "EAST";
GVAR(enemy_side) = "WEST";
#endif
#ifdef __OWN_SIDE_GUER__
GVAR(own_side) = "GUER";
GVAR(enemy_side) = "EAST";
#endif
#ifdef __TT__
GVAR(enemy_side) = "GUER";
GVAR(own_side) = "WEST";
#endif

That changed the units at MT and Isle Defense to Guerilla units, and after editing in:

i_server.sqf

#ifdef __OWN_SIDE_WEST__
_eastcenter = createCenter east;
_guercenter = createCenter resistance;
west setFriend [east, 0.1];
east setFriend [west, 0.1];
west setFriend [resistance, 0.1];
resistance setFriend [west, 0.1];
east setFriend [resistance, 0.1];
resistance setFriend [east, 0.1];
#endif

they attacking now the West forces.

But I have now at least two problems... the Arty(operator) isn't working (Action is still in the menu for Arty Operator but nothing happens... no textmessages and no effect from Arty) and there are no side missions announced.

Can someone help me with this problem? I tried to use the search function but I think I don’t find the right words to find anything usefull.

Thanks for you help.

birkenmoped

Xeno in earlier ver of Domi the air taxi was fixed but in 2.6.1 the chopper goes passed, rotats and jumps along slowly. The air taxi marker is not showing/updating on chopper.

I'm having some issues with extracting the sqm. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, I'm using Eliteness with the latest DePBO.dll and it extracts any other mission fine, including other non-domination missions from Xeno, but when I try and extract Domination I get an error. "Extraction has strange values in product header" and the sqm file comes out garbled. What am I doing wrong? Normally I wouldn't ask here but I've been away from the Arma 2 scene for a while and I don't know what's happened, I can't find any mention of the issue on any of the Eliteness threads and I only seem to have a problem with Domination.

@Xeno

I made a suggestion on Devheaven a while back to separate the options to recruit AI from the other stuff like everyone being able to use Call Drop. I see that there is an option for that now in the game. I don't know if it was a direct result of my suggestion if it was thanks very much, in fact thanks very much even if it wasn't but if it was it's slightly back to front. What I was asking for was the ability to turn on AI without getting the extra stuff, but you've added the ability to get the extra stuff without turning on AI.

Again I don't know if this change was as a response to my suggestion but if it wasn't could I be so bold as to suggest that the AI part be completely separated from the other changes and just have an "AI On/Off" option and a "Abilities for everyone On/Off" option.

To give you some context on why I'd want that. I like to play domination with a small group of friends, maybe 4 or 5 guys, as we dislike the zerg rush you get on full servers, where if you don't get to the next target within a minute of the old one being taken then every things dead. We also quite like the class system, with different units having different abilities, but because we play with so few players, the vehicles become a little bit pointless. We only have enough people to crew a tank and a half, so we like to turn AI on just so we can have AI to fill gunner positions and make vehicles more viable. Doing this however currently removes the classes. So yeah, having the ability to recruit AI and use the taxi without removing our roles in the group would be a big improvement for us. But then I can only speculate as to whether anyone else would enjoy this option so I've no idea if it's actually worth your time.

Assuming that you like the concept can I make a couple of other small suggestions. Add an option for "3" to the number of recruitable AI, just enough to crew an Abrams or a Chinook as well as an option to only have Crewmen as the recruitable AI so they aren't particularly useful as infantry squads.

I'm having some issues with extracting the sqm. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, I'm using Eliteness with the latest DePBO.dll and it extracts any other mission fine, including other non-domination missions from Xeno, but when I try and extract Domination I get an error. "Extraction has strange values in product header" and the sqm file comes out garbled. What am I doing wrong? Normally I wouldn't ask here but I've been away from the Arma 2 scene for a while and I don't know what's happened, I can't find any mention of the issue on any of the Eliteness threads and I only seem to have a problem with Domination.

You need to open the mission folder with eliteness, right click on the file and select deRapify.

Everyone is rapifying these days, very in vogue. Makes the file run more efficiently they say. See that raP word at the begining of the file? - thats what it means.

Edited by PELHAM

You need to open the mission folder with eliteness, right click on the file and select deRapify.

Everyone is rapifying these days, very in vogue. Makes the file run more efficiently they say. See that raP word at the begining of the file? - thats what it means.

Awesome thanks, but I think I'm missing something still. If I open the sqm in Eliteness I can see it uncompressed, but when I click derapify nothing happens. Obviously I could just copy paste the text from the window to notepad, but isn't there a way to get it to just convert the original file?

isn't there a way to get it to just convert the original file?

After deRapify in Elitness:

File->Save As-> mission2.sqm

DomMaker will have you puzzled too - I posted what I know further back in this thread.

After deRapify in Elitness:

File->Save As-> mission2.sqm

DomMaker will have you puzzled too - I posted what I know further back in this thread.

I gave up on DomMaker. I found it was much easier to just extract the standard OA Domination and then edit it from there.

I have built some platforms that the Helicopters sit on and I have their height etc in the INI , but when they respawn they respawn on the ground , anyway to respawn them at the original height ?

Assuming that you like the concept can I make a couple of other small suggestions. Add an option for "3" to the number of recruitable AI, just enough to crew an Abrams or a Chinook as well as an option to only have Crewmen as the recruitable AI so they aren't particularly useful as infantry squads.

Hi

In the description.ext

class GVAR(max_ai) {

title = "Recruit AI (max.):";

values[] = {1,2,3,4,6,8};

default = 3;

texts[] = {"1","2","3","4","6","8"};

};

" having the ability to recruit AI and use the taxi without removing our roles in the group would be a big improvement for us."

Hi

Well got bored and made a ver of co30_Domination 2.60zc West OA .Takistan that I think will help you out.

I have a server and if you want to PM me for the server name and I will load the map and you can see if this will help you out.

:)

Is this the correct setup if I want to make Chernarus Ace AI Ranked Revive?

#include "x_macros.sqf"
#define __OWN_SIDE_WEST__
#define __ACE__
#define __CO__
#define __DEFAULT__
#define __D_VER_NAME__ "Domination! One Team - West"
#define __D_NUM_PLAYERS__ 40
#define __D_RESPAWN_DELAY__ 20
#define addMPEventhandler addEventhandler
#define visiblePosition getPos

#define addMPEventhandler addEventhandler
#define visiblePosition getPos

Those are only for the ArmA 2 versions and not the OA/CO versions as both commands exist only in OA (they are not used in the A2 version but I had to define them as otherwise errors will pop up).

Xeno

Someone explain the Dom_Maker and what and how it works. There is no documentation on it, and there is nothing that explains it. I've heard people have used it to create custom domination missions. A little insight would be fantastic.

Someone explain the Dom_Maker and what and how it works. There is no documentation on it, and there is nothing that explains it. I've heard people have used it to create custom domination missions. A little insight would be fantastic.

I've heard people have seen Big Foot also but don't believe it …..LOL....

(to the don't know a joke crowd.... just a joke lighten up )

I like Ringosis see post #1343 gave up