Tankbuster

Editing, Expanding and Modifying Domination

Hey why should that matter! all the independent units have a bluefor as a sqaud leader and probability of presents set to zero. This makes them all bluefor I think:confused: However even if I bring a squad of US units the OPFOR units reaction is very slow and delayed sometimes I need to attack before they react. Another major issue is my AT units that are AI but playable are very slow to pull out AT weapons and use them on armor targets and my AI units that I RECRUIT during the mission will never attack armor units with AT weapons:confused:

I will look to see what my file but I was hoping that xeno would give me some insight on this. A minor issue is when I Recruit AI units that have backpacks as part of the unit layout When they spawn on the map no BACKPACKS no extra ammo.

have you set the relations correctly in i_server.sqf?

#ifdef __OWN_SIDE_WEST__
_eastcenter = createCenter east;
_guercenter = createCenter resistance;
west setFriend [east, 0.1];
east setFriend [west, 0.1];
west setFriend [resistance, 1];
resistance setFriend [west, 1];
east setFriend [resistance, 0.1];
resistance setFriend [east, 0.1];
#endif

Yes my i_server.sqf is the same !

Edited by AVIBIRD 1

I have both US and Russian forces set to BLUFOR in mine and have had no problems with what you describe. I edited their side manually in notepad rather than grouping them to a BLUFOR unit so you might try that and see if it makes a difference.

I have both US and Russian forces set to BLUFOR in mine and have had no problems with what you describe. I edited their side manually in notepad rather than grouping them to a BLUFOR unit so you might try that and see if it makes a difference.

the main difference between my mission and yours is all the units playable from one side with team switch and high command functions enable

for the player to use during the misssion. Could you post up your code and where you put it in the folder/file. Thanks Avibird.

Open up mission.sqm in notepad, find the unit, change the side to west. I still don't see why it would make a difference since I've used both methods in various missions in the past.

I'm pretty sure your problem is with something else, but I have no idea what. I've never even touched the AI version not to mention adding unit switching or high command.

Guys, I want to add an eventhandler to all my helicopters - lift chopper, wreck chopper and any that are won as bonus, but I can't find where to do it? I'd like to avoid added them in the editor, that's a bad habit.

I'm sure I used to know where the script that does this is, but have forgotten!

edit.. I'm running 2.29, BTW.

edit2.. I want the vehicles that respawn/get repaired/get wreck-rebuilt to get the EH too.

Edited by Tankbuster

Funny you should ask as I'm currently working on that exact thing in another mission. Putting it in x_server\x_helirespawn2.sqf should work for the lift/wreck choppers and you can manually add them to x_server\x_setupserver.sqf to get it on the initial vehicles to avoid adding it in the editor.

x_server\x_getbonus.sqf appears to be the file handling the spawning of bonus vehicles (but you never know with domination), so you might try that one and see if it works. fsms\RepWreck.fsm handles the wreck repair. Just make sure you only run it on helicopters or things could get very interesting.

This is all on 2.60 but there shouldn't be much, if any, difference in this case.

Funny you should ask as I'm currently working on that exact thing in another mission. Putting it in x_server\x_helirespawn2.sqf should work for the lift/wreck choppers and you can manually add them to x_server\x_setupserver.sqf to get it on the initial vehicles to avoid adding it in the editor.

x_server\x_getbonus.sqf appears to be the file handling the spawning of bonus vehicles (but you never know with domination), so you might try that one and see if it works. fsms\RepWreck.fsm handles the wreck repair. Just make sure you only run it on helicopters or things could get very interesting.

This is all on 2.60 but there shouldn't be much, if any, difference in this case.

Yes, thanks working on it now. Don't fancy messing with the FSM. Might skip that one. BTW, I think x_server\x_gettargetbonus handles main target bonuses, while x_server\getbonus is for sidemission bonus. As I don't give bonus vehicles for SMs (I give mission abilities/intel instead) this isn't relevant for me.

the main difference between my mission and yours is all the units playable from one side with team switch and high command functions enable

for the player to use during the misssion. Could you post up your code and where you put it in the folder/file. Thanks Avibird.

You hit the nail on the head. The problem was grouping them with a BLUFOR UNIT with probability of presents set to zero was the issue. I don't understand why but it works since I edited their side manually in notepad. Thanks for the tip AVIBIRD:)

I Spoke to soon. It works on a test mission but when I edited their side manually on my domination mission 2.60 The UN units just walked right next to the OPFOR UNITS WTF. I have PMC, UN AND GUR units playable on this mission will test again but Have no clue why!

Edited by AVIBIRD 1

I ran into a major issue with my edit of Domination 2.60. I was hoping someone knows why or how to fix it. In my edit have have multiple FOB's around the map with playable independent units. All the independent squads have an US officer as the squad leader but the squad leader probability of presents set to zero and independent units set to friendly to bluefor for the mission.

The problem is when I take the independent units/squads to the side missions or the main target missions the enemy units do not react (activate) or are very slow to engage me or my AI units. WTF does anyone know why! Is it not possible to play the mission with independent units and bluefor units on the same mission:confused: independent units do not activate opfor units WTF? Thanks avibird

I still have this issue at all the side missions, AT units due attack armor at main missions but still somewhat slow compared to if you just place units in the editor and let them go or my other missions. In most of my mission I have to stop my AT units to use them on light armor but with domination I have to hope they will use them on tanks. Any help would be great.

hi guys,

how is it possible to edit the domination mission so that all bonus vehicles especially the helis are available from the beginning without solving the sidemissions?

regards r.

hi guys,

how is it possible to edit the domination mission so that all bonus vehicles especially the helis are available from the beginning without solving the sidemissions?

regards r.

Just place whatever you want from the editor and add script to respawn:yay: Have fun

Just place whatever you want from the editor and add script to respawn:yay: Have fun

Ok I did exactly what youre saying (except the respawn script) but nothing happens.

this is how i do it:

1. i unpacked with unpbo i think (im at work and can not see what it was

exactly)

2. i copied the whole directory to my users... arma 2 mpmissions folder

3. was able to see the directory and choose it to RE-EDIT in arma 2 mission

creator. (was written in blue font)

4. there i placed a warthog on the airfield and clicked on PREVIEW. mission

loads just fine but without any warthog on the airfield. tried it also with

other items. nothing shows up.

5. i noticed that on opening the mission in editor NOTHING from the original

domination shows up. no units etc. just a blank and new chernarus map.

maybe here something is wrong from the beginning.. or does it depend on the respawn script?

any ideas?

Hey mate are you using dmination 2.6 what letter. In the newer update you need a different tool to unpbo the file

]

Ok I did exactly what youre saying (except the respawn script) but nothing happens.

this is how i do it:

1. i unpacked with unpbo i think (im at work and can not see what it was

exactly)

2. i copied the whole directory to my users... arma 2 mpmissions folder

3. was able to see the directory and choose it to RE-EDIT in arma 2 mission

creator. (was written in blue font)

4. there i placed a warthog on the airfield and clicked on PREVIEW. mission

loads just fine but without any warthog on the airfield. tried it also with

other items. nothing shows up.

5. i noticed that on opening the mission in editor NOTHING from the original

domination shows up. no units etc. just a blank and new chernarus map.

maybe here something is wrong from the beginning.. or does it depend on the respawn script?

any ideas?

Hey mate are you using dmination 2.6 what letter. In the newer update you need a different tool to unpbo the file

]

i am using the latest patch 1.6 edition. which tool do i need?

file is called co40_Domination_2_60u_West_A2.Chernarus.pbo

regards r.

Edited by r4m0n

I am not sure what you are asking for?

Do you mean when you die and your revive time is done! You should respawn back at the base. There is a marker that you will respawn at or if the mobilie respawn vechicles are deployed you can pick the location.

Personally I do not like to play with revives. When a unit dies you should lose that unit for the rest of the game that's how I like to roll:cool: lol. I know when you play domination on a large open server it needs to be that way:mad: I prefer to play with battle wound system and team switch function. This lets the player switch to any unit on the map it works great with a small group of players.

IN THE DESCRIPTION.EXT YOU CAN CHANGE THINGS

//__EXEC(diag_log format ["############################# %1 #############################", missionName];);

//__EXEC(diag_log [diag_frameno, diag_ticktime, time, "Executing Dom description.ext"]);

#include "x_setup.sqf"

//disabledAI=1;

//respawn="BASE";

//respawndelay = __D_RESPAWN_DELAY__;

disabledAI=0;

respawn= 5;

respawndelay = 0;

respawnDialog = 5;

IF YOU WANT THE ABILITY TO TEAM SWITCH AND PICK ANY UNIT THAT IS PLAYABLE DURING THE GAME THEN YOU NEED TO LOOK IN THE INIT.SQF AND CHANGE. YOU CAN EVEN HAVE THE ABILITY TO SAVE THE GAME AS YOU GO HOWEVER WORKS GREAT IN SP AND LAN BUT SOME ISSUES WITH MP STILL PALYABLE:o

#define THIS_FILE "init.sqf"

diag_log format ["############################# %1 #############################", missionName];

diag_log [diag_frameno, diag_ticktime, time, "Executing Dom init.sqf"];

//enableSaving [false,false];

//enableTeamSwitch false;

enableSaving [false,false];

enableTeamSwitch true;

AVIBIRD

thx oh yeah :yay:

Dom2.60w is out on DH. Is there a change log anywhere for this? Looked everywhere but could not find anything.

Dom2.60w is out on DH. Is there a change log anywhere for this?

Not much changed...

Just fixed a problem in the HALO code which could lead to a wrong animation, artillery could be blocked if AI version was enabled, some sounds added (specially for revive, good old hit sounds from OFP :p), repair stations do now work in OA too, RespawnGroups problem fixed, last remaining visiblePosition issues fixed (don't use older versions if you want to have smooth spectating cameras, revive spect for example) and if you scroll the mouse wheel while looking at a vehicle or if you are in a vehicle a little resource gets displayed with the names of the crew inside it.

Xeno

Hi All,

We run a version of Domination2 by Xeno modded to run BAF and some other stuff. (If anyone would like to join please PM me for the details)

In the mission theres a small chance of a counter attack once we secure an AO (Town).

I would like to increase this chance to say 1 in 2 or perhaps every time if thats easier (will keep us on our toes!). The x_counterattack.sqf script is below, it would be great if someone could help me find out how to do this as I'm not good wth scripts I tend to just fiddle about with things until they break! Of course it might be defined elsewhere butI have yet to find it.

Thanks.

H3rm1t

#define THIS_FILE "x_counterattack.sqf"

#include "x_setup.sqf"

private ["_dummy", "_numbervecs", "_xx", "_typeidx", "_nums", "_i"];

if (!isServer) exitWith {};

_dummy = GVAR(target_names) select __XJIPGetVar(GVAR(current_target_index));

_current_target_pos = _dummy select 0;

_current_target_radius = _dummy select 2;

_start_array = [_current_target_pos, _current_target_radius + 200] call FUNC(getwparray2);

_vecs_counter_attack = 5 call FUNC(RandomFloor);

if (_vecs_counter_attack < 2) then {_vecs_counter_attack = 2};

_numbervecs = _vecs_counter_attack - 2;

if (_numbervecs <= 0) then {_numbervecs = 1};

_type_list_attack = [["basic",0,ceil (random _vecs_counter_attack)],["specops",0,ceil (random _vecs_counter_attack)],["tank",(ceil random _numbervecs),ceil (random (_vecs_counter_attack - 1))],["bmp",(ceil random _numbervecs),ceil (random (_vecs_counter_attack - 1))]];

sleep 120 + random 120;

GVAR(kb_logic1) kbTell [GVAR(kb_logic2),GVAR(kb_topic_side),"Counterattack Starts",true];

for "_xx" from 0 to (count _type_list_attack - 1) do {

_typeidx = _type_list_attack select _xx;

_nums = _typeidx select 2;

if (_nums > 0) then {

for "_i" from 1 to _nums do {

[_typeidx select 0, _start_array, _current_target_pos, _typeidx select 1, "attack",GVAR(enemy_side),0,-1.111] spawn FUNC(makegroup);

sleep 5.123

};

};

};

_start_array = nil;

_type_list_attack = nil;

sleep 301.122;

GVAR(current_trigger) = [_current_target_pos, [350, 350, 0, false], [GVAR(enemy_side), "PRESENT", false], ["(""Tank"" countType thislist < 2) && (""Man"" countType thislist < 6)", "d_counterattack = false;deleteVehicle d_current_trigger", ""]] call FUNC(CreateTrigger);

_current_target_pos = nil;

Hi All,

We run a version of Domination2 by Xeno modded to run BAF and some other stuff. (If anyone would like to join please PM me for the details)

In the mission theres a small chance of a counter attack once we secure an AO (Town).

I would like to increase this chance to say 1 in 2 or perhaps every time if thats easier (will keep us on our toes!). The x_counterattack.sqf script is below, it would be great if someone could help me find out how to do this as I'm not good wth scripts I tend to just fiddle about with things until they break! Of course it might be defined elsewhere butI have yet to find it.

Thanks.

H3rm1t

x_server\x_target_clear.sqf

if (_ran > 96) then {

GVAR(counterattack) = true;

_start_real = true;

__TargetInfo

GVAR(kb_logic1) kbTell [GVAR(kb_logic2),GVAR(kb_topic_side),"CounterattackEnemy",["1","",_current_target_name,[]],true];

execVM "x_server\x_counterattack.sqf";

Change 96 to 50 for a 50% chance.

So I guess the 96 was giving it a 1 in 96 chance of occuring? Or 4%?

Maths.....not my strong point!

So if I change it to 25 its a 75% chance?

x_server\x_target_clear.sqf

if (_ran > 96) then {

GVAR(counterattack) = true;

_start_real = true;

__TargetInfo

GVAR(kb_logic1) kbTell [GVAR(kb_logic2),GVAR(kb_topic_side),"CounterattackEnemy",["1","",_current_target_name,[]],true];

execVM "x_server\x_counterattack.sqf";

Change 96 to 50 for a 50% chance.

Hi guys happy new year.

If made a few modifications to the new domination: co@30_Domination_2_60u_West_ACE_OA.Takistan added weapons change some choppers some arty etc etc...

The problem if got is there is 2 versions of the domination S and U. When y play U mi modifications are there with S there gone.

The thing is im tring to change the name of the Domi so its not the same as the original and still see the modifications. Which file do y have to look into to change the name.

Thx for the help and thx Xeno for this amazing mission.

Is there an officical Fallujah Domination map anywhere for download? I did a search but came up empty..or if anyone has one they wouldnt mind sharing for editing I'd appreciate it..Thanks

JC

Hi guys happy new year.

If made a few modifications to the new domination: co@30_Domination_2_60u_West_ACE_OA.Takistan added weapons change some choppers some arty etc etc...

The problem if got is there is 2 versions of the domination S and U. When y play U mi modifications are there with S there gone.

The thing is im tring to change the name of the Domi so its not the same as the original and still see the modifications. Which file do y have to look into to change the name.

Thx for the help and thx Xeno for this amazing mission.

In mission editor, at right, there is a square with some info like INTEL, time, date and with clouds then click on that, in "Name:______________" type what you want or you can open mission.sqm with notepad and find briefingName="MISSION NAME".

Is there an officical Fallujah Domination map anywhere for download? I did a search but came up empty..or if anyone has one they wouldnt mind sharing for editing I'd appreciate it..Thanks

There is 2.54 version on armaholic.com by WO1-Smokey[uSSOCOM]

Thanks for the reply matosinec I'll check that..I think I did look at that and it uses fallujah 1.0 not 1.2? Pretty sure I tried downloading and it said 1.0 but only fallujah I can find is the newer 1.2//but will look again..Thanks!

JC

Yup thats the one I looked at and tried but the link for Fallujah city objects is dead and takes me to fallujah1_2 download wich is a newer version and I cant get that to work..

Edited by Diesel Tech JC