Tankbuster

Editing, Expanding and Modifying Domination

Im pretty new to editing..posted a couple questions over in a diff thread but got directed here.(thanks admins) I ve been playin with the editor and am having an issue getting ACE Domination to show up...I have un pbo the mission and it shows up in the list to "load" in the editor but it doesnt load..I can load and edit a Std non-ACE version fine..I am using the ACE mod (newest) through six-ipdater....any help getting an ACE Dom mission loaded into editor would be great..Thanks for the great post/info..helps lay things out for us newbies a bit better...learn something new everytime i come on the forumns!

JC

Make sure you have the folders set up correctly. For example you want the mission.sqm and such inside your "co@30_Domination_2_60k_West_ACE_OA.Takistan" folder, NOT a second "co@30_Domination_2_60k_West_ACE_OA.Takistan" folder which contains all the files.

Wondering if someone can help ...

MP, modified Domination East Mission, and the players are losing their weapons and rucks most of the time after they get out of aircraft they have boarded - either as pilot or gunner or sometimes even when leaving cargo or door gunner / crew chief positions.

Does anyone know what is going on here? All suggestions or help is appreciated.

Thanks,

You're using ACE, right? That's something they added to the mod awhile back.

Make sure you have the folders set up correctly. For example you want the mission.sqm and such inside your "co@30_Domination_2_60k_West_ACE_OA.Takistan" folder, NOT a second "co@30_Domination_2_60k_West_ACE_OA.Takistan" folder which contains all the files.

Ok I have the mission sqm file inside the correct folder..do I need to put all the loose files into that folder..like the sqf files and EXT files as well?

Here is what I have after I depbo the mission with Eliteness

Folder Named: co@30_Domination_2_60n_West_ACE_OA.Takistan (i put the mission sqm in here)

Folder inside that Folder same name:co@30_Domination_2_60n_West_ACE_OA.Takistan wich has the following files/folders:

Folders:AAHALO, BIS_Effects, fsms ,IntroAnim ,pics, scripts, sounds, spect, x_bib ,x_client,x_common,x_dlg,x_missions,x_revive,x_server

Loose files: d_init.sqf,$PBOPREFIX$,i_client.sqf,i_common.sqf,i_server.sqf,init.sqf

setupcopy-bat,stringable,csv,tasks.sqf,x_macros.sqf,x_revive.sqf,x_setup.sqf,xr_macros.sqf

Thanks for the reply...you said put mission sqm inside first folder and "such"..not quite getting the and such part..lol..sorry for asking what seems like idiotic questions...just trying to learn..thanks again for the reply!

JC

Go into your second folder and move everything to the first. There should be nothing left in the second folder when you are done, so you can delete it.

I did exactly what you mentioned moved everything to the first folder...closed it..went into editor and I can see it listed but when I hit "Load" still doesnt show anything but the normal Taki map...like when I load Standard Domi it shows objectives and vehicles and everything at base...and I can edit it..so I must be missing a step maybe?

JC

I've done the same steps and seen the same results, when I added modules to the mission in the editor they did function during preview. I just couldn't save the edited mission.

JC.

Make sure when you load the mission in the editor (use mpeditor) that you start the game with -mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEXparameter in your target line.

Choose Takistan island, and then choose the mission in the list.

The mission will load, you will get a black screen and in the middle will say Domination, once it loads, then the editor will open up and you can do your thing.

Thanks for the reply Gunter...I'll work on that tomorrow and see what happens..Im also going to read through your tutorials posted in your signature..Thanks again for the reply and the information!

JC

You're using ACE, right? That's something they added to the mod awhile back.

Yes, the mission is Domination East on Chernarus and the build we are working from is Arma 2 / OA ACE 2 fully updated as of last friday (28/10/2011).

Any ideas what might be causing it?

Thanks,

It's an ACE "feature" and has nothing to do with Domination. There is nothing you can do about it. It basically works like this:

If you are flying or crewing a helicopter (not cargo) you cannot have anything in the secondary or on back slots. You can also not have certain weapons like MGs.

If you are flying or gunning a plane, in addition to all of the above restrictions, you cannot have a primary weapon.

Need some help been looking in the domination files to add 2nd and 3rd AI barracks on different parts of the map. I would like to have a armor base that you can get only crew from the barrack and the other in a airbase that you can get only pilots. My issue is how do I add different AI class to the barracks. I am using a Dom 2.60m version to edit and you have no crew or pilots from the list. The other issue is how do I add more barracks to the mission I can't just copy and save it does not work. I am still having major issues to have only pilots fly and crew in armor code to work. Any help would be great to point me in the right direction. Avibird.

Edited by AVIBIRD 1

JC.

Make sure when you load the mission in the editor (use mpeditor) that you start the game with -mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEXparameter in your target line.

Choose Takistan island, and then choose the mission in the list.

The mission will load, you will get a black screen and in the middle will say Domination, once it loads, then the editor will open up and you can do your thing.

I set up a new preset with six updater for only CBA ACE and ACEX started the game and loaded the mission I wanted to edit..its in blue letters in the list...I get the black screen and then it goes to the mpeditor...it still just shows an empty map...no AO or vehicles or anything..just the basic map of Takistan..tried the "Load" button and no difference also tried the "Merge" button,,no difference...I'll recheck my folder again to be sure its correct..must be on the right path at least just not quite their yet..must be missing a key step or something..:confused:

JC

I set up a new preset with six updater for only CBA ACE and ACEX started the game and loaded the mission I wanted to edit..its in blue letters in the list...I get the black screen and then it goes to the mpeditor...it still just shows an empty map...no AO or vehicles or anything..just the basic map of Takistan..tried the "Load" button and no difference also tried the "Merge" button,,no difference...I'll recheck my folder again to be sure its correct..must be on the right path at least just not quite their yet..must be missing a key step or something..:confused:

JC

When you get that blank map try the preview. Mine showed the mission as blank in the editor, but would still preview.

I did try it in "preview" and it boots me back to where I pick what mission to load...my other thought is I am starting the game via six-updater...would it make any difference to start it not using six updater and manually putting in the mod line?..just a thought..thanks for the reply...

JC

Well I think you're doing everything right and there is something up with Dom 2.6. I can depbo any other dom and everything shows in the editor as normal, but not with 2.6.

Strange issue..I'll have to try a couple others too and post back..maybe it is something with 2.6..Thanks for the replies..I appreciate it!

JC

I use Eliteness. Everything works fine with Dom 2.57 and not 2.60. But, though the units etc. don't show in the editor, when I go into preview it's fully playable.

Z1VgQez4av8

I notice going to preview there is no load time for 2.60 either.

Edited by HyperU2
I like videos.

That there is no load time is because you already loaded the island by opening the older mission first.

I suspect the objects are simply out of view for the island. Did you try another island?

Perhaps compare mission.sqm position arrays in text editor for confirmation.

---------- Post added at 12:36 ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 ----------

Works fine here, are you sure the mission.bin got converted to mission.sqm ?

I use Eliteness and have the proper dll in the same folder..I too can open other missions just not the 2.60..Ive also downloaded and tried the whole process a few times and still have the same results...each time I download a new Domination thinking maybe the file was corrupt somehow..I'll check the mission bin and convert it again tonite and check to be sure it got converted to sqm...too bad their isnt someplace to get the unpbod version to edit...Thanks for the help and replies...

JC

Have a problem and hoping someone can help.

I am building a Domination East Mission on Chernarus (using co@40_Domination_2_11A2_East_W_ACE.Chernarus) as my starting point.

The mission works absolutely fine in the MP editor, but when I load it on the dedicated server the mission is the same size, shows the same amount of data transfered but does not have most of the added units (stuff at base, earthworks, walls, empty vehicles, etc.) and does not load any of the triggers that have been added.

As well, the mission does not show the Domination Intro and does not play the Domination music - key signs that something is not right.

I experimented and went back and loaded the original, unedited, unchanged mission (co@40_Domination_2_11A2_East_W_ACE.Chernarus) and it too does not show the intro or music.

Is there some fundamental step I'm missing or is there a different version I should work from.

Btw, game build is Arma 2 Combined Operations with Operation Arrowhead patched to 1.59 and running ACE updated as of last week.

Scripting and coding skills are limited and I'm kind of at a loss about what to try next.

Thanks and hope there's help out there.