Tankbuster

Editing, Expanding and Modifying Domination

Yes, there is a reason for that.

While you can include macros from addons in a mission you can't include macros from a mission folder as the mission folder changes for example in MP to something like __MPCur\bla while in the editor it is something like:

Profiles\Xeno\missions\co76_DominationXt_5.Takistan

An addon folder always stays the same, \myaddon... It's in the game folder, a mission not.

Xeno

Thanks for explaining that out for me, that makes perfect sense now.

---------- Post added at 10:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 AM ----------

The most important macros are:...

Thanks, this really helps me out, considering I am looking for ways of optimizing my script.

So are some of those macros predetermined in ArmA? like "QUOTE"? I know the "syntax" is a derivative of C, but that's about all I know.

Are variables that are placed through GVAR(variable) outputed as a global variable? Can you call them at any time from any script?

Also, about FUNC(someFunc), can you call a function at anytime from another script using this method? Of do you use __cppfln to store them in memory for a later time?

Sorry if this is nonsense.

Hello I'm new here and i need help scipting for the Domination map. You see i wanted to make the vehicles i added to respawn. But i dont know where to put the script in or what the script is for the map. Can anyone help me?

Hello I'm new here and i need help scipting for the Domination map. You see i wanted to make the vehicles i added to respawn. But i dont know where to put the script in or what the script is for the map. Can anyone help me?

yes, try using search function as that question probably have been asked 1000 times here.

Look for GVAR(p_vecs) in i_client.sqf and in d_init.sqf look for where xvec1, 2, 3, etc are used. If you want more detail, also look for the Search button. ;)

Edit: Ninja'd.

Thanks guys, I didn't find the GVAR(p_vecs) but i found a way around with the search function.

Hi guys, I just corrected a domination and found some strange problems:

1. Main targets do not accomplish even if all units and vehicles are dead. What is the end condition?

2. There are 3 icons of camps on map but the camp actually only on one of them - is that normal?

What do you mean when you say "corrected"? Is something getting lost in translation? If you've been editing the mission it's easy to break something and the MT end condition is one I've broken many times! :) Check the server RPT file for error reports.

There are 3 variables that control how many enemy can be left in the town but still consider it completed. Default is 6 men, no vehicles and no armour, if I remember correctly. You need to look around the town properly to make sure there isn't an offroader stuck in a garden somewhere. :)

The camps - you mean you see camp icons on the map, but in the game you only find one? It sounds like something is broken in the main target creation script. Again, check the server RPT for errors.

What do you mean when you say "corrected"?

Changed units of player`s side and bot`s side.d

Check the server RPT file for error reports.

Many reports about 1 error:

File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Takistan\x_server\x_f\x_serverfuncs.sqf, line 190

Error in expression <able format ["d_veh_a_%1", _side_char]) select 7;_vehiclename = _varray call d_f>

Error position: <select 7;_vehiclename = _varray call d_f>

Error Zero divisor

But I didn`t change this file so I don`t know how to fix it

There are 3 variables that control how many enemy can be left in the town but still consider it completed.

I saw them, they are remain standart. I didnt miss any vehicle or unit, because I killed all of them via script command :)

p.s. And I would like to know how to delete the anti-air defence of base without errors

Edited by Li0n

Hi guys, I just corrected a domination and found some strange problems:

1. Main targets do not accomplish even if all units and vehicles are dead. What is the end condition?

2. There are 3 icons of camps on map but the camp actually only on one of them - is that normal?

Hello

If your using ver 2.60 of Domination make sure its 2.60K .

missing camps issue was fixed in K ver

mousetrap, Are you talking about DOM260kAE.7z in dev-heaven files? Thanks for information.

Edited by Li0n

@Li0n, yes thats the file he is talking about. Convert your stuff to that then let us know if your continuous error persists.

Also, the base AA and general base AI controlled defenses are spawned in x_initx.sqf

@ChiefRedCloud, I suggest you work backwards to find and refine it in the files. It's more than just a few scripts that control it. That's the fun of editing Domination.

-------

Edited by Li0n
Nevermind

That has changed in 2.60. You just have to move markers and location logics (and in the Taki version all sidemission positions are represented by markers too).

Just read the readme file in the main mission folder.

Xeno

tremendous thx for this xeno, very much appreciated and give me 5

tumblr_la3833xkL31qb6e5oo1_500.jpg

i have 2 questions to all of ya and maybe xeno if he would be that kind to answer:

question 1)

in the the past (whit my little, tiny, winy editing knowledge) i only edited dominations due opening the pbo and wrapping it up again with pbo viewer. now with the new dom version and a little help of daio (porter of co8 zargabad and thx 4 da help m8) im now spending hours and hours learning and working with the arma ingame editor, for my hopefully first successfull domination island port + additional stuff (after some dr.frankenstein actions/attempts on duala, fallujah and quesh kibrul that somehow worked in the past and somehow not cause of the already edited material and of course of a lack of my knockledge *caugh*).

now im asking myself, what is the best and correctest way to so save and export a ported mission after using the ingame arma editor and getting it back to a pbo file?!

exporting it for multiplayer through the mission editor doesnt seem to be enough, i guess!?

atm i do this:

1) save the mission through the ingame arma editor (in my dokuments folder/..../..../)

2) binarize the mission.sqm with rapify.exe

3) pbo the file with makePbo -N -E with makepbo.exe

is there anything else i should do?! what is the right way or procedure?! what do you guyz do when your finished with your modifying, porting/editing of domination or a other mission in the ingame editor?!?! i dont want to do anything wrong that could cause any problems or mistakes and any tips, hints and explanatory notes would be more than welcome, thx.

question 2)

Not sure if this is the right place to post about this but here goes.

I really like how domination has the C130 arrive to drop in your requested support option such as an ammo crate or a hummve etc. on your map position. I'd really like to add this function into a MP mission, but i cant find the relavant files within domination.

anyone an idea how to do this mentioned above!? thankfull for any tip or hint where atleast to start with or look for would be schweeeet!

edit: just searched and found this to do the job click me although in domi the 130 flys around much more, but that could be a start maybe.

thx in advance for your time to answer soldiers and @ xeno, i thanked you already so many times in the past weeks .... und zu viel zucker im ar*** verfälscht nur die autopsie hehehee...but still, thanks 4 all work with domi and im very curious, how d4 will turn out to be...keep up the good work soldier..and u guyz in here 2....over and out.

Edited by Chaostika7-17th
found script

Edited 2.60k version a still got a unseizing target bug. My guess - that is becuase nominally enemy side is west but I spawn resistance units as west becuase there is only west/east one team modes. And I want east/resistance mode. However is I change GVAR(enemy_side) = "WEST"; to GUER in i_common.sqf - a ton of errors appear. Can you help me?

At the risk of sounding patronising, yes, we can help. If it breaks - don't do it. :)

If you really want to play against guer, then use the Two Team version. Then you can play as OPFOR or BLUFOR against independents.

That is strage - I tried to switch unpacked sample of Domi to TT version - it sats me about error in description ( MainTarget - member already defined ). When I tried to unpack one of included sample Domi`s - all unpacked fine, except mission.sqm - there was total mess in it. I replaced it with mission sqm from dom_maker folder - and the same - description.ext error.

I've been trying to find for a while on the forums how to take the Side missions from Domination and put them working on a different mission. Is it possible? Any idea how should i start it?

@Li0n - In Eliteness, open the mission.sqm. This will show you an unbianized version. Just copy and paste it into the mission.sqm itself, and there ya go.

@CarlosTex - Don't really know why you'd want to do this to be honest. Those side missions are very basic. Look at whats in the folder x_missions, and read the readme. Just work backwards. See how the missions are executed, how units are spawned as well as markers, and how its all set on the markers on the editor map, and what those marker's names mean.

@CarlosTex - Don't really know why you'd want to do this to be honest. Those side missions are very basic. Look at whats in the folder x_missions' date=' and read the readme. Just work backwards. See how the missions are executed, how units are spawned as well as markers, and how its all set on the markers on the editor map, and what those marker's names mean.[/quote']

Thank you Corporal :)

Thank you Corporal :)

Let me know if you still need help with that.

Also, I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to do, but if you're just trying to have a bunch of random missions on one map, there is an option in Domination parameters to do Side Mission Only, so main targets are not spawned.

These side missions will also be twice as hard wrt number of units, and won't award you any vehicles (wouldn't make sense, really).