Tankbuster

Editing, Expanding and Modifying Domination

i've restarted arma and loaded different mission to in-game. but when i go back to my original modified arma mission.. the parameter options are still the same. is there some kind of parameter sqf file somewhere in the mission folder that i am missing?

EDIT: o n/m, i got it working... just made a stupid mistake and forgot to save in editor i guess. thx for the help grimes

Edited by aceking

No, there's not. Just make sure you're saving the file, editing the right parameters (some variables have #ifdefs ), make sure you have the right variant of Domination.

I've got an interesting question!

I need to change the vehicles that spawn when you complete a sidemission or capture a town.

I need to change the vehicles from U.S. Army to U.S.M.C. This domination is on Takistan.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Bigshot

In i_common.sqf, look for the arrays of GVAR(sm_bonus_vehicle_array) , which is sidemission bonus vehicles, and GVAR(mt_bonus_vehicle_array) , which is maintarget bonus vehicles. Make sure you edit the proper case.

i have customized the gear for every playable unit, is there a way that i can make it so that it automatically saves that gear loudout that the player starts with as soon as he enters the server? i've tried to run execVM "x_client\x_savelayout.sqf" onto the units init line, but it doesn't save.

Try putting this somewhere in init.sqf

player execVM "x_client\x_savelayout.sqf";

It has to be executed locally. If that doesn't work, try somewhere in d_init.sqf.

ive trid with

Init.sqf:

if (!(isNull player)) then  //non-JIP player
{
[] execVM "scripts\medkitscheck.sqf"; 
[] execVM "scripts\medkitscheck2.sqf";
};

if (!isServer && isNull player) then  //JIP player
{
waitUntil {!isNull player};

[] execVM "scripts\medkitscheck.sqf";
[] execVM "scripts\medkitscheck2.sqf";
};

but i still don't see a saved loadout message on the bottom left corner of my screen when i enter the server. where is this d_init.sqf file located?

Also, i had another related question... i also customized the cargo in each of the respawnable vehicles. how can i make those vehicles respawn after getting destroyed with the same cargo lodaout as it started with?

Hi guys im still working on the port of domination 2.60 ace version of takistan to the island of Duala. I stuck now and have a couple of questions hope im not another anoying noob.

Right now im trying to change the faction of the main targets and sidemissions to the duala african units. I know were all the sidemissions are edited and to add more vehicles or squads but I dont know how to put in both sidemission and MT the default african units.

Any hits of were to find or wich scripts have the units will help a lot.

Thx for the help guys

As is mentioned in the basics in the first couple of posts, what is spawned for the AI is in i_server.sqf

As is mentioned in the basics in the first couple of posts, what is spawned for the AI is in i_server.sqf

Thx tankbuster if read this thread like 20 times and still I miss things, Thx a lot.

Ok if managed to change some units into the molatian army, but if im not wrong the Domination call also some groups like in this example.

// _E = East

// _W = West

// _G = Guer

// this is what gets spawned

GVAR(allmen_E) =

#ifdef __CO__

[

["East","RU","Infantry","RU_InfSquad"] call FUNC(GetConfigGroup),

["East","RU","Infantry","RU_InfSection"] call FUNC(GetConfigGroup),

["East","RU","Infantry","RU_InfSection_AT"] call FUNC(GetConfigGroup),

["East","RU","Infantry","RU_InfSection_AA"] call FUNC(GetConfigGroup),

["East","RU","Infantry","RU_InfSection_MG"] call FUNC(GetConfigGroup),

["East","RU","Infantry","RU_SniperTeam"] call FUNC(GetConfigGroup),

["East","RU","Infantry","RUS_ReconTeam"] call FUNC(GetConfigGroup),

["East","RU","Infantry","MVD_AssaultTeam"] call FUNC(GetConfigGroup),

["East","INS","Infantry","INS_InfSquad"] call FUNC(GetConfigGroup),

["East","INS","Infantry","INS_InfSquad_Weapons"] call FUNC(GetConfigGroup),

["East","INS","Infantry","INS_InfSection_AT"] call FUNC(GetConfigGroup),

["East","INS","Infantry","INS_InfSection_AA"] call FUNC(GetConfigGroup),

["East","INS","Infantry","INS_SniperTeam"] call FUNC(GetConfigGroup),

["East","INS","Infantry","INS_MilitiaSquad"] call FUNC(GetConfigGroup)

How can I call those groups for the molatian army?

Another question I have is, I want 2 make 2 versions 1 with the molatian army, and another against russia.

Wich parametre do I have to change to change the default takistan army to the russian army? Remember Im porting from the Domination 2.60 ace takistan.

Thanks for the help

That's the groups. You want to find the individual units. I'm not sure about 2.60, but in my version they are in i_server too.

It's d_allmen_w/e = in i_server.cfg. I use both normal predefined groups and custom ones, like:

["Guerrila","BIS_UN","Infantry","UN_Patrol"] call XfGetConfigGroup,
["UN_CDF_Soldier_SL_EP1","UN_CDF_Soldier_MG_EP1","UN_CDF_Soldier_MG_EP1","UN_CDF_Soldier_AMG_EP1","UN_CDF_Soldier_AMG_EP1","UN_CDF_Soldier_AT_EP1","UN_CDF_Soldier_AT_EP1"], /*Weapons team*/

Hi all.

Firstly let me apologize if this has been answered, but I cannot find it.

The closest I got was Nutta posting that he had a fix for this, although I do not know where to look to find the offending code.

Using v2.28. (staying with it too, done way too much work on it to convert now, lol)

Support buildings do not re-appear when Engineer starts the repair support building script. So you are stuck with no support buildings if they are destroyed.

Help please.

I'm in the same boat Muz. I've got months of work invested in 2.29 and can't go to later versions.

In my early work, I found the same problems with support buildings and couldn't fix it. In the end, we removed the feature and eventually, the buildings too.

Sorry it's not the answer you wanted but it might enable you to move on.

@Tankbuster, I know how you feel about the work you put in.

I have modified so much now, I cannot even remember it all.

I have a question for you regarding the arti system you were implementing, and your aversion to mapclick coords.

Did you ever get it working with the grid system? If so, is it possible to let me have a gander at it?

I have modded my arti system (including spotting rounds, Fire for Effect, Spread etc) and I would like to use something similar to what you were envisaging. (makes the spotting round more of a useful item)

@Strikor, Thanks ever so much mate. I did think I had seen that somewhere, but I couldn't find it.

Just love that little typos do this to us. Ha!

Edited by muzashi1963

It took me awhile to find it but give this a try. I remember applying the exact same fix back in the day.

Good find, I must have missed that one. :)

---------- Post added at 07:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

@Tankbuster, I know how you feel about the work you put in.

I have modified so much now, I cannot even remember it all.

I have a question for you regarding the arti system you were implementing, and your aversion to mapclick coords.

Did you ever get it working with the grid system? If so, is it possible to let me have a gander at it?

I have modded my arti system (including spotting rounds, Fire for Effect, Spread etc) and I would like to use something similar to what you were envisaging. (makes the spotting round more of a useful item)

I never did anything with the arty. Perhaps you are thinking of someone else? I considered replacing it using Soul_Assassins fantastic Paladin (he promised me an OPFOR version too as I only work on the TT version), and was a little upset when I decided it didn't really fit in the mission. It's not that it's too complex, but the rest of the mission is rather fire and forget whereas the Paladin, excellent though it is, is rather too involved.

We then trialed some AI airsupport scripts with the view to replacing arty, but the AI pilots suck so much. A real shame as I've taken out all the fixed wing and having the AI fly them would have been a good way to see the fast movers overhead again.

Hmm yes, thought it was you, my mistake. Too many pages and too many posts to remember who it was exactly, possibly CarlG. Ah well. No matter.

I will read through the whole thread again.

Aha, I have it!

It was CarlG:

I'm doing some modifications to the artillery system in my version:

* One is artillery, other is mortar based (mortar has less options to choose from but less flight time).

* Have to fill in 6/8 digit grid instead of mapSingleClick based (I just hate that!).

* Some visual effects for stuff that lacks them by default.

* Incoming sounds that are based on the location on where they will impact. Different sounds for artillery and mortar shells.

Evaluating chance for WP and Copperhead (builtin Laser this time), pluss automatic fill ins of target grid if you designate with a SOFLAM (will not include interfacing with Vector), but this is all still unknown.

If you are still around Carl,

How far did you get with this? I am interested in doing something similar, and if possible, would like a peek at your mission to get an idea of how you implemented the grid system.

Cheers

Muz

Edited by muzashi1963
update

Yeah, sorta kinda around :p You can find it in Domino. And sure, grab whatever you feel like. Copperheads not functioning. Have no idea why it won't work, but haven't tested in a while. Remember there was some bad stuff in betas going on with lasertarget appearing at your own position, but I don't think that is it. Interfacing with Vector is there, requiring you to input your own coordinates instead. There is no spread control, as I had problems obtaining random positions in an elliptical shape (charge variations would exceed lateral variations).

Edited by CarlGustaffa

Is there a specific reason why x_macros.sqf and x_setup.sqf are replicated in every subfolder of the root mission folder? Just curious. Thanks.

Is there a specific reason why x_macros.sqf and x_setup.sqf are replicated in every subfolder of the root mission folder? Just curious. Thanks.

Yes, there is a reason for that.

While you can include macros from addons in a mission you can't include macros from a mission folder as the mission folder changes for example in MP to something like __MPCur\bla while in the editor it is something like:

Profiles\Xeno\missions\co76_DominationXt_5.Takistan

An addon folder always stays the same, \myaddon... It's in the game folder, a mission not.

Xeno

To save space and time :D Take a look at certain things defined in x_macros and x_setup, then look through some of the .sqf files or search some of those defines and see how often if they are used. Makes things easier.

;1998101']To save space and time :D Take a look at certain things defined in x_macros and x_setup' date=' then look through some of the .sqf files or search some of those defines and see how often if they are used. Makes things easier.[/quote']

Oh yeah, I spent quite a bit of time looking over macros and PreProccessor Commands etc. Honestly, it gets confusing after starring at it long enough. Especially when several macros are being used at the same time.

The most important macros are:

PARAMS_1-8

PRAMS_1(_somevar);

expands to

_somevar = _this select 0;

PRAMS_2(_somevar1,_somevar2);

expands to

_somevar1 = _this select 0;

_somevar2 = _this select 1;

FUNC(somefunc);

expands to

d_fnc_somefunc

GVAR(someglobalvar);

expands to

d_someglobalvar

Reason behind the two last macros is to have some kind of global variable namespace for functions and global variables so other addons/scripts do not overwrite them.

QUOTE(something)

expands to

"something"

QGVAR(something)

expands to

"d_something"

GV(obje,varname)

expands to

(obje getVariable "varname")

(you can see it's adding braces already around it)

Also important, the TRACE macros for debugging.

Those are only expanded if you use

#define __DEBUG__

either in the x_macros.sqf file or, if you add it before including "x_setup.sqf" in a specific sqf file.

Please be aware that you have to put variables into quotes for tracing.

Example:

__TRACE_1("some message, not needed","_tracevar");

__TRACE_2("","_tracevar1","_tracevar2");

Traces are written to RPT, it looks like this:

"T0,DT448.395,F17080,i_common.sqf,201,'All targets found',_ar: [[4387.4,688.03,0],"Chak Chak",300]"

T = time, DT = diag_tickTime, F = diag_frameno, File name (add THIS_FILE to the script to get rid of the looooong filename with path), line, message, variables.

And so on, and so on.

Xeno