Tankbuster

Editing, Expanding and Modifying Domination

If this shouldnt be deleted then how to remove it ?

Is it possible to make some AIs to spawn inside of the buildings for ex. mission is to kill enemy officer but he usually spawns outside so can i make that officer spawns inside of the building ???

;1969311']Dunno if it's me' date=' but it seems dom_maker doesn't create fsms folder in Dom pbo... o_0[/quote']

You have to install the BI Tools suite and specially the FSM editor part of it and then copy the FSMCompiler.exe into the dom_maker folder.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BI_Tools_2.5

I can't add the FSMCompiler.exe to the download, sorry.

Please be also aware that the mission.sqm files in the various mission.pbos are getting binarized with make_dom.bat.

The ArmA engine can handle binarized sqm files better (all non binarized mission.sqm files are part of the download).

d up.

Xeno

Edited by Xeno

I have it installed, guess I missed the part about copying .exe to the folder. :)

BTW, what I have to do to binarize sqm back again? I'm a noob when it comes to all that binarized stuff...

Nothing, like written above all the the non binned sqm files are in the download.

Btw, the d version has an anti teamkill system (enabled by default, can be disabled in the lobby).

I'm playing a lot Team Fortress 2 currently and I really like that you can't kill your team mates and neither can they.

I joined some A2Free servers running Dom lately and no matter which server it was, a few idiots were lying right near the spawn point at base and killing everybody who joined or respawned.

Not the best advertising for the game (A2 only versions are also in the download package).

Xeno

Edited by Xeno

Yes, I know. But if I modify sqm to my own likings and then want to binarize it again (since you're saying it works better) what I have to do?

Use the rapify tool from Mikero which is in dom_maker:

rapify mission.sqm

This will create mission.sqm.bin

Simply rename it to mission.sqm (don't forget to backup your unbinned version first :))

Pack the mission with makepbo:

makePbo -N -E yournameofthemission.pbo

Xeno

Edited by Xeno

Xeno, did you change anything within the revive system for version d? I saw there were some single line changes, but couldn't tell if they actually did anything gameplay-wise.

Also to anyone interested, a while back someone modified the x_marker.sqf file to make it so that when a vehicle was immobilized it's marker on the map faded (1.0 to 0.5). Obviously with all the variable name and macro changes between 54 and 60, it was broke. But with a little bit of swapping around in good ol' Notepad++, it now works in 60:

x_client\x_marker.sqf:

FUNC(X_XMarkerVehicles) = {
private "_rem";
_rem = [];
{
	if (!isNull _x && alive _x) then {
		_m = GV(_x,GVAR(marker));_m setMarkerPosLocal (getPosASL _x);
		if (GVAR(v_marker_dirs)) then {_m setMarkerDirLocal (direction _x)};
		if (!canMove _x) then {
			_m setMarkerAlphaLocal 0.5;
		} else {
			_m setMarkerAlphaLocal 1.0;
		};
	};
	if (isNull _x || !alive _x) then {_rem set [count _rem, _x]};
} forEach GVAR(marker_vecs);
if (count _rem > 0) then {
		for "_i" from 0 to count _rem - 1 do {
		_m = GV((_rem select _i),GVAR(marker));
		_m setMarkerAlphaLocal 0.0;
	};
	GVAR(marker_vecs) = GVAR(marker_vecs) - _rem;
};
};

Just copy and paste over the original FUNC(X_XMarkerVehicles), and you're set.

That's nice, Grimes. I might nab that. :)

Hmm, looks familiar :) Btw, I'm using same setMarkerAlpha thing on base buildings to indicate if they need repairs etc.

;1972554']Xeno' date=' did you change anything within the revive system for version d? I saw there were some single line changes, but couldn't tell if they actually did anything gameplay-wise.[/quote']

Yes, there was a locality issue with selectLeader when a player was group leader. Specially annoying in the AI version.

Btw, when AI is enabled an AI medic in your group will automatically try to revive you (if he is up to 50 m away).

Xeno

Not sure if this is the right place to post about this but here goes.

I really like how domination has the C130 arrive to drop in your requested support option such as an ammo crate or a hummve etc. on your map position.

I'd really like to add this function into a MP mission, but i cant find the relavant files within domination.

I've added, removed, and switched around helicopters within Xeno's respawn system before without a problem, but now that I am trying it with ground vehicles (the xvec's) I am having an issue.

changes to i_client.sqf:

GVAR(p_vecs) = [
["MRR1",0,"mobilerespawn1","HQ","ColorYellow","1","MHQ One"],["MRR2",1,"mobilerespawn2","HQ","ColorYellow","2","MHQ Two"],
["MEDVEC",10,"medvec","n_med","ColorGreen","M",""],["TR1",20,"truck1","n_maint","ColorGreen","R1",""],
["TR2",21,"truck2","n_support","ColorGreen","F1",""],["TR3",22,"truck3","n_support","ColorGreen","A1",""],
["TR6",23,"truck4","n_maint","ColorGreen","R2",""],["TR5",24,"truck5","n_support","ColorGreen","F2",""],
["TR4",25,"truck6","n_support","ColorGreen","A2",""],["TR7",30,"truck7","n_service","ColorGreen","E1",""],
["TR8",31,"truck8","n_service","ColorGreen","E2",""],["TR9",40,"truck9","n_support","ColorGreen","T2",""],
["TR10",41,"truck10","n_support","ColorGreen","T1",""][color="Red"],	
["TR11",50,"truck11","n_mech_inf","ColorYellow","H1",""],["TR12",51,"truck12","n_mech_inf","ColorYellow","H2",""],
["TR13",52,"truck13","n_mech_inf","ColorYellow","H3",""],["TR14",53,"truck14","n_mech_inf","ColorYellow","H4",""],
["TR15",54,"truck15","n_mech_inf","ColorYellow","H5",""],["TR16",55,"truck16","n_mech_inf","ColorYellow","H6",""],
["TR17",60,"truck17","n_armor","ColorYellow","S1",""],["TR18",61,"truck18","n_armor","ColorYellow","S2",""],
["TR19",62,"truck19","n_armor","ColorYellow","S3",""],["TR20",63,"truck20","n_armor","ColorYellow","B1",""],
["TR21",64,"truck21","n_armor","ColorYellow","B2",""],["TR22",65,"truck22","n_armor","ColorYellow","B3",""],
["TR23",66,"truck23","n_armor","ColorYellow","T1",""],["TR24",67,"truck24","n_armor","ColorYellow","T2",""][/color]
];

changes to d_init.sqf:

[
	[xvec1,0],[xvec2,1],[xmedvec,10],[xvec3,20],[xvec4,21],[xvec5,22],[xvec7,23],
	[xvec8,24],[xvec9,25],[xvec6,30],[xvec10,31],[xvec11,40],[xvec12,41][color="Red"], 
	[xvec20,50],[xvec21,51],[xvec22,52],[xvec23,53],[xvec24,54],[xvec25,55],
	[xvec30,60],[xvec31,61],[xvec32,62],[xvec33,63],[xvec34,64],[xvec35,65],[xvec36,66],[xvec37,67][/color]
] execVM "x_server\x_vrespawn2.sqf";

Error received after Continue screen:

Error in expression <ialog.sqf",[],-1,false];

_index = _car select 1;_vec setVariable ["d_choppertyp>
 Error position: <select 1;_vec setVariable ["d_choppertyp>
 Error Zero divisor
File C:\Users\KC Grimes\Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\CPL%20Grimes\mpmissions\co30_3ID_Domi_2_60d_West_OA.Takistan\x_client\x_initvec.sqf, line 205

The markers for the original vehicles appear and work fine, only markers for my added vehicles don't work. Haven't tested respawnability. I'll keep looking into it, but it says the error is in x_initvec.sqf, which is a confusing file. So any help here would be appreciated, thanks guys!

Edit:

Nevermind, I think I fixed it. Finally figured out what d_vec is doin' in x_initvec.sqf.

Edited by Grimes [3rd ID]

I'm having trouble getting the West air defense to spawn where I want them to. I have this in my icommon;

// position of radar and anti air at own base

#ifdef __DEFAULT__

if (__OAVer) then {

GVAR(base_radar_pos) = [4367.61,10772.61,0];

GVAR(base_anti_air1) = [4367.51,10720.6,0];

GVAR(base_anti_air2) = [4409.75,10712,0];

} else {

};

#endif

#ifdef __EVERON__

#endif

Can anyone lend a hand?

Quick Question.... Does anyone know why the teleport feature would be inop after adding R3F Arty&Log Script to any

Dom Mission, we are having this artifact which is abit puzzling

Edited by F2F_BHO
typo

@Grimes

there are two places that these are affected

1.your i_client.sqf

2.and init.sqf

There was more to it than that because of the way I'm going about it, but thanks.

Hey again...

How can I change Dom 2 to generate the OD assets instead of the Desert ones? Camo nets for the AA and Base defense?

Also, Where can I change the "sleep" so that the first Main AO starts at 60 seconds instead of around 30?

Its possible to edit mission.sqf in domi 2.60 ? i see only:

raP       ąz   version     Mission Z    Intro —x   OutroWin My   OutroLoose z  ąz   addOns  cacharacters2  chernarus  CAAir  CAWheeled2_LAV25  camisc3  CABuildings

It is possible. If its binarized you just have to use Eliteness or something to get the real text.

Edited by Grimes [3rd ID]

Did anyone notice a while back when it started taking 4-6 satchels to destroy a radio tower? Any idea on how to change that number to 1 or 2 satchels?

;1981783']Did anyone notice a while back when it started taking 4-6 satchels to destroy a radio tower? Any idea on how to change that number to 1 or 2 satchels?

look in

x_server\x_f\x_serverfuncs.sqf

look at lines 865 to 876

think line 870 is the one

_r = (_this select 2) / 5;

someone may can read the code and tell us for sure.

good luck

FUNC(CheckMTShotHD) = {
private ["_tower", "_r", "_val"];
PARAMS_1(_tower);
_r = 0;
if ((getText(configFile >> "CfgAmmo" >> (_this select 4) >> "simulation") in ["shotPipeBomb", "shotTimeBomb"]) || ((_this select 4) == "ACE_PipebombExplosion")) then {
	_r = (_this select 2) / 5;
};
_val = _tower getVariable QGVAR(damt);
if (isNil "_val") then {_val = 0};
_r = _r + _val;
_tower setVariable [QGVAR(damt), _r];
_r
};

Thanks for that. This is what I did.

Changed the red variable:

_r = (_this select 2) / [color="Red"]5[/color];

Which resulted in: