Tankbuster

Editing, Expanding and Modifying Domination

You need to add the vehicle class to d_check_ammo_load_vecs in i_client.sqf.

that indeed worked thanks a lot.

rather than spreading this in multiple post, I thought I would go ahead and post everything I am looking to accomplish via Domination edits.

I would like to:

• Remove the "Build Farp", "Build MG nest", etc. options.
  • Remove unit loadouts (I am using my own).
  • Remove aircraft and vehicle spawn scripts (I am using my own).

I think that just about sums it up. Everything else seems to be covered.

I very much appreaciate the help!

that indeed worked thanks a lot.

rather than spreading this in multiple post, I thought I would go ahead and post everything I am looking to accomplish via Domination edits.

I would like to:

• Remove the "Build Farp", "Build MG nest", etc. options.
  • Remove unit loadouts (I am using my own).
  • Remove aircraft and vehicle spawn scripts (I am using my own).

I think that just about sums it up. Everything else seems to be covered.

I very much appreaciate the help!

As far as the build mash/mg nest option goes just remove the player/class name from the list/array. You can find that in your i_client sqf. file. I believe you add your own custom load outs in that file also instead of running a script for it. I try to keep it as clean as possible and don't like adding stuff that is already available simply by adding what you want. But that's just my opinion. Veh/Air respawn Idk I haven't looked. Two out of three meh! Hope that helps have fun.

Files section will stay open for some time.

What version is the latest, and where can I find it? Version 2.57v is my latest. Sad day indeed. :(

AFAIK, 2.57 is latest, CG.

I've searched everywhere for the last month. Perhaps it's the terms I'm using but where do we edit the time delay between side missions, I want to reduce it from 5 minutes or whatever length it is on now down to 1 minute. Our squad does these missions on a vehicle and we would like to know where to start driving as that often takes long enough.

d_time_until_next_sidemission in i_server.sqf

Speaking about "time of day" issues. I noticed the time is not synced properly in 2.57. Many players are loading into the game at different in-game times. Does anyone know of a way to resolve this?

Also, the "only pilots can fly" option seems to not be working either. I added the player names to the array of possible pilots in "i_client.sqf" under "only_pilots_can_fly". It seems as though anybody can still get in aircraft.

Thanks

Like I say, a few broken features. :)

I've not noticed the ToD thing before, although I don't use 1.57. Does a quit and rejoin fix it?

In the only pilots can fly array, what exactly are you entering? You should have editor names, not player names. Look in the SQM.

okay, so for the pilots, it's unit classnames I am looking for? is that correct? That would definitely make the difference right there. :D

As for the ToD issue, I think its only the same time at missions start and then when others join the game later it starts at either a completely different time or it resets their time to the defined time in the parameters. Either way it's definitely not synced, and a restart would probably only make the time offset even worse.

Not the classname, the editor name. Look in the editor or the SQM.

Okay, yeah originally I did use editor names, Like this:

GVAR(only_pilots_can_fly) = 
[
"av8b_pilot_1",
"av8b_pilot_2",
"av8b_pilot_3",
"av8b_pilot_4",
"ah1z_pilot_1",
"ah1z_pilot_2",
"ah1z_pilot_3",
"ah1z_pilot_4",
"uh1y_pilot_1",
"uh1y_pilot_2",
"mv22_pilot_1",
"mv22_pilot_2",
"kc130j_pilot_1",
"uh1h_pilot_1",
"uh1h_pilot_2"
];

These were the unit names I gave each playable pilot in the editor. Sorry for the confusion.

And for some reason that didnt work.

Edited by VirusLIVED

The only trouble I've ever had with time of day being out of sync was when using fast time. However my current versions are based on 2.29 so perhaps something was broken between 2.29 and 2.57.

According to i_client you need to use the classname of the units you want to be able to fly, not the editor name. For example, "US_Soldier_Pilot_EP1" is the US Army pilot. I've never used this feature myself so it's possible that i_client is wrong.

Hi guys, I have a question..

What is wrong if:

I copy a Domination map from another server, from the MPmissionsCache to my actual MPmissions folder. I try to run it and although it does work, all of the scripts don't seem to work. All players are invincible, theres barely any UI, and the intro doesn't play (the zoom in to character at base). I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but I don't know where else to go with this isssue. I'm planning on running a dedicated server and of course editing the mission.

According to i_client you need to use the classname of the units you want to be able to fly, not the editor name. For example, "US_Soldier_Pilot_EP1" is the US Army pilot. I've never used this feature myself so it's possible that i_client is wrong.

Oh, I was wrong then. I thought you had to use editor names, not classnames :)

---------- Post added at 09:30 ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 ----------

The only trouble I've ever had with time of day being out of sync was when using fast time. .

Yeah, in 229, fast time is broken and breaks other things. Not only that, it doesn't run at the speed it says it does.

---------- Post added at 09:31 ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 ----------

I copy a Domination map from another server, from the MPmissionsCache to my actual MPmissions folder. I try to run it and although it does work, all of the scripts don't seem to work. All players are invincible, theres barely any UI, and the intro doesn't play (the zoom in to character at base). I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but I don't know where else to go with this isssue. I'm planning on running a dedicated server and of course editing the mission.

It's possible the mission you downloaded relies on addons you don't have? Does the mission always start at midnight gametime?

Hi guys.

I love Xeno Domination mission.

I personally make modifications to it.

But my mission has so many problems....

please help me!!...

I did not edit the trigger and script at all...

1, I "Domination" opened in the Editor

arma2oa4.jpg

These four "0% infantry" What does it mean?

Does it matter to the enemy?

Also, when I change the enemy or where can I edit?

For example,, default enemy: russia. edit:USArmy.

2,Stryker has now been used as MHQ

Changing to a different vehicle is it possible?

For example,, now: Stryker, edit: M113A1

3,After the Mission, the player gets a vehicle

I want to change the vehicle.

Where do I rewrite the script?

x_missions/common/setup ?uhm...

4,Base are protected by the AI allies. I want to change the AI soldiers.

For example,, now: US infantry, edit: germany infanty.

I think.. Perhaps it is impossible to be changed in the Editor...

5,Big problem::

I had "Domination.takistan" edited. And play Domination.

I used a helicopter and MHQ.

I immediately sat in the driver's seat, the same vehicle has been Respawn...

For example,,

arma2oa3.jpg

arma2oa2.jpg

I have to fix the bug. How do I fix this? help...

6,I want to erase them.

arma2oa1.jpg

It Xeno's "Domination" does not appear.

Should delete them in any way? please help..

Edited by gebageba

Hi guys.

These four "0% infantry" What does it mean?

It's a technical thing, don't worry about them. They need to be declared in the mission sqm so that an addon dependency is created. Otherwise, a "cannot play/edit mission" error will crop up when those units are spawned by script.

---------- Post added at 09:54 ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 ----------

Also, when I change the enemy or where can I edit?

For example,, default enemy: russia. edit:USArmy.

That's a big job, but it's doable with care. Start by looking in i_server. This file lists the classnames of all the enemies. Change them to whatever you want.

---------- Post added at 09:57 ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 ----------

mple,, default enemy: russia. edit:USArmy.

Again, it's a little complex if you don't know what you're doing, but I've give you some pointers. Across the entire mission foler, do an in-files search for the classname of the current MHQ and change them all to the classname of the vehicle you want.

As is mentioned in the first few posts of this thread, I use notepad++ for things like this.

---------- Post added at 09:59 ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 ----------

Sorry, I don't understand the question.

By the way, the directory you mention here is for running side missions, so I doubt you're looking in the right place.

---------- Post added at 10:00 ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 ----------

4,Base are protected by the AI allies. I want to change the AI soldiers.

For example,, now: US infantry, edit: germany infanty.

I think.. Perhaps it is impossible to be changed in the Editor...

You're playing the AI version. I've not used this for a very long time. Again, find out the classname of the AI base defence guys and find the occurences of this in the scripts. Where appropriate, change them to whatever you want to use.

---------- Post added at 10:02 ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 ----------

This is a big problem. Another spawns the moment you get into a vehicle? I've never seen this before. I'm afraid it seems you've broken some scripts quite badly. You will need to start undoing your changes and testing until it stops happening.

---------- Post added at 10:05 ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 ----------

6,I want to erase them.

Again, this is usually caused by a broken script somewhere. I think I've seen this before.

These guys standing around, they are the units that players would normally spawn into? If so, then you've done some bad damage to the scripts.

---------- Post added at 10:10 ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 ----------

Read through the first few posts in this thread. They won't tell you what to do, but they will give you the tools to start editing and give you some pointers as to where to find the scripts you want to edit.

Also, the images you put in your post are too big. Forum rules say we're still in the 1990s and we're not allowed to post images larger than 100k. You should resize themm

Thanks for answering my question, Tankbuster.

>Another spawns the moment you get into a vehicle?

yes.

I have never ever seen that bug too..

>Also, the images you put in your post are too big. Forum rules says we're still in the 1990s and we're not allowed to post images larger than 100k. You should resize themm

ah.. sorry..

I resize the image..

Hi guys.

Open the mission.sqm file and search for xvec1 and xvec2. Change the line the line containing vehicle="M1133_MEV_EP1" to whatever vehicle you want it to be. You can find the specfic names of vehicles here. It should look something like this afterwards

side="EMPTY";

vehicle="LAV25_HQ";

lock="UNLOCKED";

skill=0.60000002;

text="xvec1";

That would change your MHQ to an LAV25.

Open the i_common.sqf file and look for these parts.

GVAR(sm_bonus_vehicle_array) = (

#ifdef __DEFAULT__

switch (GVAR(own_side)) do {

case "GUER": {["A10","AH1Z","UH1Y","AV8B","AV8B2", "F35B", "M1A2_TUSK_MG","M1A1"]};

case "WEST": {

switch (true) do {

case (__OAVer): {

if (__ACEVer) then {

["A10_US_EP1","AH64D_EP1","AH6J_EP1","M1A1_US_DES_EP1","M1A2_US_TUSK_MG_EP1","M6_EP1","ACE_M1A1HC_DESERT","ACE_M1A1HC_TUSK_DESERT","ACE_M1A1HC_TUSK_CSAMM_DESERT","ACE_M1A1HA_TUSK_CSAMM_DESERT","UH60M_EP1"]

} else {

["AH6J_EP1","L39_TK_EP1","Su25_TK_EP1","UH1Y","Mi24_P","BAF_FV510_D","2S6M_Tunguska","AAV","BMP3","T90","BMP2_UN_EP1","M1A1_US_DES_EP1","T72_TK_EP1","M6_EP1","M2A3_EP1","BTR90","GAZ_Vodnik_HMG","LAV25","M1128_MGS_EP1","M1129_MC_EP1","GRAD_TK_EP1"]

}

};

case (__ACEVer): {

["A10","AH1Z","UH1Y","AV8B","AV8B2", "F35B", "M1A2_TUSK_MG","M1A1", "AH64D", "ACE_Stryker_MGS_Slat" ,"ACE_Stryker_TOW","ACE_Stryker_TOW_MG","ACE_AH6_GAU19","ACE_AH6","ACE_AH1W_AGM_W","ACE_AH1W_AGM_D","ACE_M2A2_W","ACE_M2A2_D","ACE_M6A1_W","ACE_M6A1_D","ACE_AH1Z_AGM_D","ACE_AH1Z_AGM_AGM_D","ACE_AH1Z_AGM_AGM_W","ACE_M1A1HC_DESERT"]

};

default {

["AH6J_EP1","L39_TK_EP1","Su25_CDF","UH1Y","Mi24_P","BAF_FV510_W","2S6M_Tunguska","AAV","BMP3","T90","BMP2_CDF","M1A1","T72_CDF","M6_EP1","M2A3_EP1","BTR90","GAZ_Vodnik_HMG","LAV25","M1128_MGS_EP1","M1129_MC_EP1","GRAD_CDF"]

};

}

};

and

GVAR(mt_bonus_vehicle_array) = (

#ifdef __DEFAULT__

switch (GVAR(own_side)) do {

case "GUER": {["BMP2_Gue","BRDM2_Gue","T34","HMMWV_M2","HMMWV_MK19","HMMWV_TOW","HMMWV_Avenger"]};

case "WEST": {

switch (true) do {

case (__OAVer): {

["A10_US_EP1","AH64D_EP1","Mi24_D_TK_EP1","AH1Z","AV8B2","F35B","Ka52Black","Su34","Su39","BAF_Apache_AH1_D","AW159_Lynx_BAF","M1A2_US_TUSK_MG_EP1","MLRS_DES_EP1"]

};

case (__ACEVer): {

["AAV","LAV25","HMMWV_M2","HMMWV_MK19","HMMWV_TOW","MLRS","HMMWV_Avenger", "ACE_Stryker_ICV_M2", "ACE_Stryker_ICV_M2_SLAT","ACE_Stryker_ICV_MK19","ACE_Stryker_ICV_MK19_SLAT","ACE_Stryker_RV","ACE_M113A3","ACE_Vulcan","ACE_HMMWV_GMV","ACE_HMMWV_GMV_MK19"]

};

default {

["A10_US_EP1","AH64D_EP1","Mi24_V","AH1Z","AV8B2","F35B","Ka52Black","Su34","Su39","BAF_Apache_AH1_D","AW159_Lynx_BAF","M1A2_TUSK_MG","MLRS"]

};

}

};

The first one is the vehicles it's possible to get from side missions, the second is main missions. You want to be looking at the parts that are prefixed by the line "case (__OAVer): {" as you are playing the OA version. Again, use the website I linked to find the unit names you want.

It looks like you accidentally added duplicates of the same unit. To be honest it doesn't look like you've made a massive amount of working changes, I'd probably recommend just starting again with a clean version of the original files rather than trying to work out what you've done wrong.

. To be honest it doesn't look like you've made a massive amount of working changes, I'd probably recommend just starting again with a clean version of the original files rather than trying to work out what you've done wrong.

I agree.

SVN saves lives.

I'm trying to work out how to change the requirements from building a farp from being close to the engineer truck to being close to the MHQ. I'm assuming this bit is the bit of code in question

_nos = (position player) nearObjects ["Truck", 20];
_notruck = true;
if (count _nos > 0) then {
{
	_vt = GVD(_x,GVAR(vec_type),"");
	if (_vt == "Engineer") exitWith {_notruck = false};
} forEach _nos;
};

I would have thought I would have just been able to change the (_vt == "Engineer") part to (_vt == "MHQ") as it is defined in the init, but that doesn't seem to work. Anyone know what I'm missing?

Edit - Nevermind, worked it out.

_nos = (position player) nearObjects ["[b]LAV25[/b]", 20];
_notruck = true;
if (count _nos > 0) then {
{
	_vt = GVD(_x,GVAR(vec_type),"");
	if (_vt == "[b]MHQ[/b]") exitWith {_notruck = false};
} forEach _nos;
};

For anyone else who wants to do this, change the parts in bold and change LAV25 to whatever vehicle you are using.

Edited by Ringosis

Thanks for answering my question, Tankbuster.

>Another spawns the moment you get into a vehicle?

yes.

I have never ever seen that bug too..

>Also, the images you put in your post are too big. Forum rules says we're still in the 1990s and we're not allowed to post images larger than 100k. You should resize themm

ah.. sorry..

I resize the image..

I know what you did. You just clicked on the veh/aircraft that's on the heli pads and changed the type of veh/aircraft it was. You need to delete it first when your in the editor. Just simply grab it and move it off the pad and hold delete down while you move your cursor over it and it's deleted. Then add your veh/aircraft and put it on the heli pad otherwise you end up with clones/dups. I'd start with a fresh copy like the others said and go from there. If your just tweaking the vehs/aircraft you can do most of that without ever opening the editor. You can edited the code, but your better off making mistakes and finding out what you did wrong. That's how you learn.

You need to delete it first when your in the editor. Just simply grab it and move it off the pad and hold delete down while you move your cursor over it and it's deleted.

I've never done this and never had any problems. If you are deleting vehicles and creating new ones, don't forget to name it correctly, otherwise the respawn and marker scripts won't work.

I work with 2.29, I don't know if that is relevant. I don't mean to be rude, but I can see no reason why you'd need to do this. I think you're giving poor advice here.