Tankbuster

Editing, Expanding and Modifying Domination

I'm back...with more embarrassingly basic questions :D

Some of these queries might be a little to broad for this thread, if they are then feel free to ignore them but any help would be appreciated, even if it's just pointing me to somewhere more suitable to post these questions.

Basically I'm trying to edit Domination down into a 4-6 player coop mission for me and a few friends and I've hit a few road blocks in my skill level, here are the things I'm trying to do but failing to figure out how to.

1 - I want to add AI to the ranked version for the sole purpose of vehicle crew, therefore I want the maximum number to be 3 (enough to crew a Tusk or anything with less guns) but I just can't figure out what variable controls it. I've tried using Grep to find all the places where with_ai is called but none of them seem to relate.

2 - Adding __AI__ has the slightly odd side effect of allowing all players to rescue, call drop and call arty. I only want to add the AI and the air taxi to the ranked version but I again, I can't for the life of me work out where the lines are that allow that stuff when __AI__ is defined. Does anyone know what I should be looking for and also, would it be easier to add AI to the ranked version or remove the extra abilities from the AI version? Also is there anything else that the AI version changes?

3 - I'd like to change the roles of the aircraft a little (less tab lock insta kill weapons more laser guided bombs etc) I understand you can change the weapons on the aircraft with the init line but how would I go about changing the loadout of one that isn't spawned from the start and therefore not in the mission.sqm? (ie one from a mission reward)

4 - Similar to above, I've added the R3F Artillery script to make arty less of a one man dooms day machine and more of a team effort. the problem I'm having is that I can't figure out how to create an artillery computer that will respawn if you lose it. I've tried using the Simple Respawn script but as with the previous problem, I can't work out how to make the item respawn while holding onto it's init line. It reappears fine but it just becomes a useless satellite phone.

5 - I'd like to use the BIS_Coin module to allow basic things like sandbag walls and camo nets to be constructed at base to be used with the R3F Logistics script, but I can't figure out how to set the currency used to points instead of dollars.

I'm not expecting anyone to write me out a huge tutorial, I just need to be pointed in the right direction. Thanks in advance.

Edit - Oh also, can't see anyone else whos asks this so am I just being dense? What is Scalar?

Edited by Ringosis

I would like to edit the time it takes to repair different types of wrecks. Can anyone point me to what file to look into ?

Dorph;1903914']I would like to edit the time it takes to repair different types of wrecks. Can anyone point me to what file to look into ?

The time it takes is to do with the units warfare cost. The more expensive they are, the longer they take to rebuild. Can't remember where it is though.

I'm trying to make ArmA 2 Domination with I44 stuff.

SO I changed names of things that were ArmA 2 and made them I44 classnames.

Now:

Warning Message: Preprocessor failed on file C:\Documents and Settings\darkguerilla\My Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\DarkGuerilla\mpmissions\I44_Domination_v212.Chernarus\init.sqf - error 0.

Is this fixable and if so where?

The error message isn't very helpful is it?

Have you let Squint have a look at the file?

I'm sorry if this has been covered before but I don't feel like looking through 76 pages...but how do I change it so I don't have to wait 30 fricking minutes to get in an air vehicle. I know in ARMA 1's domination it was d_player_air_autokick but I can't seem to find that for the ARMA2 version of domination.

edit: nevermind, found it in the admin options for the map when in-game xD

Edited by Tyran107

Install a file search utility like I mention in the very first post, then do a 'find in files' for the word 'kick'.

Hello. I am working on moving the domination base to a new location. Everything seems to have moved except for certain scripted objects like the wreck repair building. Can someone tell me where I can find those coordinates so I can change them to the new location?

I also noticed the wreck repair "helipad" that I moved seems to not work now that it is off the original base location... Is there something I have to prepare before the wreck repair zone will work away from its original location?

Thanks guys!

Search for d_aircraft_facs in i_common.sqf for the buildings.

As for the wreck repair, which vehicle are you trying to repair? I believe it draws its repair list from the main and side bonus vehicle lists so it won't work if you're trying to repair something else.

Just wanted to say thank you to Xeno for all the work (and FREE time!) you've put into Domination. Sad to see that finally all the complainers and whiners and all around losers finally got to you! You have gone above and beyond for the community. Take care and remember that the complainers,whiners and losers will always be just that. Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! If I ever get the chance I'd like to buy you a beer. Cheers Mate!

Just wanted to say thank you to Xeno for all the work (and FREE time!) you've put into Domination. Sad to see that finally all the complainers and whiners and all around losers finally got to you! You have gone above and beyond for the community. Take care and remember that the complainers,whiners and losers will always be just that. Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! If I ever get the chance I'd like to buy you a beer. Cheers Mate!

:confused::confused:

+1 :mad:

It's a sad day today for everyone in the ArmA2 Community...:mad:

This was posted at Dev-Heaven main site by Xeno:

Domination officially closed!

Added by Xeno 1 day ago

The Dom project is now closed.

After the constant bashing from various people in the BIS forums over the years I've lost my remaining motivation to continue.

It seems that respect is something which is lost in these times, specially respect for people who do all the work in their spare time for free

and try to improve the situation for others (and mostly for the public servers out there).

Thanks to all who liked Dom and thanks to all for making it the most played online mission (by far).

Seems that the gameplay was just what people were looking for

(and yes, it were you, the players, who formed it, and not a single person or group who think(s) his/their kind of gameplay is best)

Files section will stay open for some time.

Dom 4, while 98% done, won't make it into public.

Once the last public MP mission maker is gone you'll notice that you can't play addons.

It must really suck to do this much work for free and feel like no one in the ArmA Community cares. I may be out of line for posting this here but since it seems all the whiners here caused this... I'm hoping that Xeno will see how many more of us here appreciate his hard work. I'm hoping that this may hopefully influence Xeno to reconsider eliminating Domination series as I was really looking forward to his next Domination 4.

Xeno... I can't speak for anyone else but I truly appreciate everything you've done for the ArmA community... beyond just the Domination series. I really do hope you reconsider your decision which may be influenced by just a few bad apples here in this community. I'm sure many here will agree with me.

Domination was pretty much the only reason i started playing online with Arma2 and my CLEAR favourite to this day, your work will be missed Xeno.

As for Domination 4, we all were eagerly waiting for it as i myself expected it to claim this years gamemode of the year.

Its a sad message indeed.

Ill contact you about maybe being allowed to finish work on dom 4 if this is something you will consider due to the circumstances.

Or maybe a public release of the unfinished product.?

But i do understand if you are not willing to do this.

Edited by Demonized

Search for d_aircraft_facs in i_common.sqf for the buildings.

As for the wreck repair, which vehicle are you trying to repair? I believe it draws its repair list from the main and side bonus vehicle lists so it won't work if you're trying to repair something else.

Actually I am having a very difficult time with the wreck repair zone.. I tried moving it to a new location in takistan.. and now its not recognizing wrecks.. what all do I need to change?

Also is there a way to move the "protective spawn bubble"? Thanks

I agree with Demonized. Domination was the main reason i played Arma2 at all. that is by far my favorite gamemode in arma. sorry to hear there will be no more...

Actually I am having a very difficult time with the wreck repair zone.. I tried moving it to a new location in takistan.. and now its not recognizing wrecks.. what all do I need to change?

Also is there a way to move the "protective spawn bubble"? Thanks

I've made about a dozen different ports and never had a problem with the wreck repair so I don't know why you would be having trouble. Maybe consider making another copy of the original and moving it without changing anything else.

The coordinates for the spawn bubble are in x_client\x_setupplayer.sqf near the top.

I've made about a dozen different ports and never had a problem with the wreck repair so I don't know why you would be having trouble. Maybe consider making another copy of the original and moving it without changing anything else.

The coordinates for the spawn bubble are in x_client\x_setupplayer.sqf near the top.

Thanks for the help Strikor, after a bit of testing, I figured out that the objects I was trying to repair were not identified somewhere in the script. (I tried the support MTVR). So that fixed part of the problem.

When the vehicles repair, isn't there suppose to be some sort of dialogue in the side chat? I am not getting anything when they repair now. It does repair, but I don't see any text stating how long it will take, or telling the players that the vehicle was repaired... etc. This might be an old feature I am not sure if the new one has any side chat text anymore.

As for relocating the wreck repair building... I tried copying the coordinates from a "placeholder" object in the mission.sqm. I just copied the xyz coords and pasted them into the "aircraft_facs" position array. Which looks like this:

if (__OAVer) then {
[[[5973.1538,83.040001,11465.243],333],[[5959.9585,83.040001,11453.367],244],[[5947.4966,83.040001,11439.146],244]]
}

The problem here is, I dont see the building anywhere! Are the coordinates in a different format for domination?

Thanks for all the help!

Unless something has changed with it since 2.29, there are only two messages for the vehicle repair. One is when the repairs start and the other is when it ends. I do not know why it would not be showing up in chat for you.

Try this for your coordinates problem:

if (__OAVer) then {
[[[5973.1538,11465.243,0],333],[[5959.9585,11453.367,0],244],[[5947.4966,11439.146,0],244]]
}  

It's only looking for X and Z coordinates so it was being thrown off by what you had in there.

Unless something has changed with it since 2.29, there are only two messages for the vehicle repair. One is when the repairs start and the other is when it ends. I do not know why it would not be showing up in chat for you.

Try this for your coordinates problem:

if (__OAVer) then {
[[[5973.1538,11465.243,0],333],[[5959.9585,11453.367,0],244],[[5947.4966,11439.146,0],244]]
}  

It's only looking for X and Z coordinates so it was being thrown off by what you had in there.

Thank you very much, that fixed the problem. :yay: I still don't understand why I'm not seeing any text for the wreck repair service, but ehh.

So now I want to add more vehicle classnames to domination (so this wreck repair will recognize them)... which array do I add them too? I tried "mt_bonus_vehicle_array" with not very much luck!

Edited by VirusLIVED

d_sm_bonus_vehicle_array and d_mt_bonus_vehicle_array should both work. Just make sure you're putting them in the right one.

Can we keep to the topic here?

Xeno has had little input this thread. For his own reasons, he has usually not actively supported those who modify and dare I say, fix, this mission. While I'm as disappointed as anyone that he's decided to not develop the mission any more, Xeno's own thread is a better place for such posts.

d_sm_bonus_vehicle_array and d_mt_bonus_vehicle_array should both work. Just make sure you're putting them in the right one.

Yeah I tried "d_sm" and it seems to work... it's strange, because I thought either one would work, but I guess not. Thanks again. You have been of tremendous help, very much appreciated!

Yeah I tried "d_sm" and it seems to work... it's strange, because I thought either one would work, but I guess not. Thanks again. You have been of tremendous help, very much appreciated!

The sidemission bonus vehicle array and the main target bonus array are the only vehicles that become Wrecks(w/markers) .

sm_bonus_vehicle_array and mt_bonus_vehicle_array in the i_common sqf. folder. Just make sure your adding them in the right slot i.e.. (_OAVer) west etc..etc.. If ACE then put it in that line. look closely cause not all ACE veh say ACE.( _EP1 is OAVer) . If you force combined ops it doesn't matter. And you should be good to go. Hope that helps.:cool:

Edited by xx-LSD-xx
spelling error

yes it does, thank you very much. Is there a scripted position for the ammobox load pad? It doesnt seem to be working when I land a UH1Y or an MHQ on it. I tried searching for coordinates yet couldnt find anything. Thanks.