Tankbuster

Editing, Expanding and Modifying Domination

is there anyway i can enable radar in the ah11's and a10?

You might have said what version you are using before, but if not, What version are you using?

There is a mando version. use that, or download and install mando.

It does stuff like that and more. The more part you might or might not like.

So short answer is yes, use the mando version.

can somebody please upload xeno's domination 2.57 revive version with chernarus map ? i would be very grateful!!!

AND... dont judge me because i'm a retard and i cant make my own missions. HURR DURR!

can somebody please upload xeno's domination 2.57 revive version with chernarus map ? i would be very grateful!!!

AND... dont judge me because i'm a retard and i cant make my own missions. HURR DURR!

I don't think there is a 2.57 on Chernarus in all honesty, I had been porting the Takistan version over to Chernarus with the BAF guys instead of US. I've since moved to a custom less laggy (in my opinion) map, I will check later today and if it is 2.57 I can clean it up at little and upload it somewhere for you. However you would still need to do a lot of editing yourself and maybe fix errors I may have made, I'm a modeller not a coder/scripter so errors probably do exist somewhere. A good example is I didn't get side missions working properly.

Regards Hawk.

Edited by Hawk_Silk

So, I reworked the sidemission file and made the scud mission come up. Yes it spawns in a new place (aka, not in the water). No it still doesn't work (both SMAW-ing it and satchel-ing it). I've also tried porting it over to a new map (Fallujah) that I'm working on making a non-ACE Dom and it doesn't work there either.

I bet you satchelled it and the mission said that it failed in some way?

There are 2 problems here. Firstly the satchels don't have a side so the game can't tell who used them. Secondly, the Scud itself is an east vehicle so the (independent) AI see it as enemy and kill it.

I use an addon that reconfigs some of the vehicles so they are properly on the independent side. I'll send or post it here later.

I have posted about this once before and looked into it being a "user issue". It is not. I have been getting reports of Chutes not opening, rather the option not being there. And backpacks dissapearing, or the items in it. I am pretty sure they are related. It is not happening to everyone. I do know that apperantly if you go to menu and debug it fixes the chute problem. I am also thinking it may have something to do with the role that is chosen. I am not sure. This problem started when I went from west AO to west revive AO. I have recently ported to Chernarus. Still making changes but the server is up and I am still getting the same reports. Not a suprise since I am sure it is not map related. I was unable to see a "ifd_revive" type of script difference to see if it may have had something to do with it being the revive version vs non revive. I am speculating it may have something to do with that. I have searched the forums and the web with no success. I do see similar reports. However, no solutions. I am currently running 2.54, NO ACE or Addons. Maybe someone could possibly send me in the right direction. Thank you all again for the efforts.

Nuke-

I use an addon that reconfigs some of the vehicles so they are properly on the independent side. I'll send or post it here later.

OK, here we go. This creates some new classes so you will need to make some changes to your mission.

http://www.teamspaff.co.uk/takistanrhapsody/sek_tr_gue_units.7z

This addon adds a new Scud, Chukka L39, Igla Pod for the Independent side, in this case, Takistani Militia. It also creates an ATV for Taki Army. (I use Domi Two teams)

Classnames
SEK_Igla_AA_pod_TK_GUE_EP1
SEK_TR_TK_GUE_MAZ_543_SCUD
SEK_TR_GUE_Chukar
SEK_TR_L39_TK_GUE_EP1

Many thanks to Sekra for making this addon for me.

You will need to find the the occurrences of the old vehicles and replace them with these. You see, the problem is that the Scud, chukar and Igla Pod are all opfor units, so the independent AI kill them. With this addon, they see them as friendly.

Also, there's an L39 so you can give them a little fixed wing help. The Igla pod you need in Two Teams because the AI will won't shoot at OPFOR as they see it as friendly.

I guess I need to clarify. Nothing happens when I blow up the Scud. No failure, no completion, nothing.

Are other people NOT getting this problem? I would think there would be more posts about it given the popularity of the Domination GM; maybe people just aren't playing the Takistan Doms...

That's most odd, though I don't remember what problems we had before we started using our addon scud. Perhaps you should try that?

---------- Post added at 11:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 AM ----------

I'm changing the side mission prizes so they give abilities, not units.

Why? Because I find the base gets cluttered with bonus vehicles that never get used.

We could have removed the vehicle service point (I have a combined one, not one for each vehicle type) or removed the wreck repair point, but my guys like the logistics involvement of using them.

What I plan to do is remove these abilities at mission start, then give them back as SM prizes. Here's the list of abilities, I'd welcome comments and ideas for further abilities I could give.

AApod drop (at MHQ)

repair truck unlock

fuel truck unlock

ammo truck unlock

repair point starts working

wreck rebuild point starts working

call arty

call CAS (WIP)

Powerful AT weps (jav and dragon) become available

medic can make mash

Engineers get infinite repairs (don't have to RTB to replenish)

I guess I need to clarify. Nothing happens when I blow up the Scud. No failure, no completion, nothing.

Are other people NOT getting this problem? I would think there would be more posts about it given the popularity of the Domination GM; maybe people just aren't playing the Takistan Doms...

Yep. We get it all the time. Boggs down any other side mission. You can't bomb it and most times it, the Scud, spawns IN the water. However I did tackle it on foot the other day and after I knocked out the two support vehicles. I got a message saying they had launched and the mission was a bust.

In fact the missle, from my cantage point, never left the launcher. Fianlly it derezed.

Guys, really.... replace the Scud with the one in my addon further up, and adjust it's position a little so it's not in the drink.

You might find it works better.

I understand and appreciate your solution to fixing the scud problem. However, the group of guys I design for don't use mods (against my constant urging) and I try and keep my maps as "open" to everyone as possible. I'm starting to shift away from that for my Fallujah map but I want to roll out maps that ANYONE can play.

The only option left to you is to remove the scud mission from the sm roster then.

I hate what I call addon bloat too. I shake my head when I see a mission that requires dozens of addons. My version of Domi requires just 2, this one and another (gives the Taki AI an MI-8).

Edited by Tankbuster

Whats the latest version and where can I get it?

I've been editing v2.22.

Its been okay, but has been getting destabilized.

Been hearing about a release of v2.29, but I can't find it anywhere.

BTW adding //NOTES to your scripts helps other editors find what they are looking for. I absolutely love editors who do this.

Edited by DarkGuerilla

Hi guys,

In domination when you get near a sevice point you get a nice Dialog telling you what it is floating off thge ground, any idea how I can replicate that ?

Thanks

Whats the latest version and where can I get it?

I've been editing v2.22.

Its been okay, but has been getting destabilized.

Been hearing about a release of v2.29, but I can't find it anywhere.

BTW adding //NOTES to your scripts helps other editors find what they are looking for. I absolutely love editors who do this.

Hello

The new ver is 2.57v can find it at

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/domination/files

Has anyone spawned IEDs in their main mission towns?

Hey all. I have a quick question.

When I edit a Domination map 2.54 or what have you the Backpack's and putting items on the back stops to work. All the files are there and the only change that I have done is directly in the editor that is it. What could be causing this?

Everything works just not the backpack script.

Well I have seen a group add civilians with IEDs. These were AI and had sripts that ran the IEDs.

filter for 3PARA in MP lobby, they use Ieds/suicide bombers in their domination.

I wasn't going to use suicide bombers, just IEDs.

I've worked out how to have roadside bombs in randomly created street clutter.

Coding it now.

Tankbuster, help me plz. Lets work all together and edit a duala-content only domination , with afrenians as playable units, their vehicles and planes, vs molatian army on main targets .. i really don't have much time to read into the whole domination script. all i can do is port a base over, get coordinates for sidemissions and the main targets, but i can#t change the units spawning on main and side

i need help with that.. we always play east or west. i want afrene army and beat the molo's ..if icebreakr is giving us the units, we should use them..

So afrenian is west, molatian east, rebels are guerilla. thats all i know for changing units..

plz help me..if we can get that working, that would be super-awesome !!!!!!!!!