Tankbuster

Editing, Expanding and Modifying Domination

Greetings.

Trying to figure out how to disable costs of using arty, ammo drop ect, want to keep it Ranked by dont want anything to have a cost.

And when you think you've fixed it, you know the engineer has to return to base to get his abilities back, but you find that doesn't work either and the only way to get them back is to die.

Despite me and others asking for it to be fixed, it's a long standing bug with Domination. Such a shame. I've fixed it since, but my Domination now barely resembles the 2.29 it's based on and so my code won't work elsewhere.

I'll be releasing mine soon though. .

Well I was reading else where that Engineer was disabled in lastest Domination because of BIS Engineer.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1815773&highlight=Engineer+disabled+Domination#post1815773

If that is TRUE, can some one that knows point me to what was remmed out if it is that easy?

I prefer the FAKE Dom engineer for my small group of friends that play together.

seems like we are doing nothing but getting small amount of damage and going down and having to call in air taxi or slog it all the way home.

Find if you have that kind of time, but I am what I would call a Dad warrior.

2 small kids, not as much time as I once had and want to spend more time enjoying the game and less walking.

Could my issue be I am using the

co@30_Domination_2_54A2_West_ACE_OA that I extracted out of ACE?

Should I be looking over at ACE to see if ACE has disabled engineers?

Well that is it. Version 2.28 works like a top.

So I will stick with that version for engineer. Thanks for listening.

And TB if you do release i would love a copy just to play around with on my home server? Thanks

Edited by Styxx42
tested and resolved it.

How to activate ACE fastropes on helicopters in domi? Rope menu is gray and non active. (v2.54).

upd:

Question solved. Problems of the Russian localization of ACE. It was necessary to put the appropriate module on the map.

Edited by Ven
Question solved

How to activate fastropes on helicopters in domi? Rope menu is gray and non active. (v2.54)

Ven I honestly believe there are lots of changes to 2.54 just by the differences I have seen in play testing over the last couple weeks.

I would advise you use 2.28 or go over to the ACE thread and ask there. I have been looking for a list of differences between 2.28 and 2.54 and haven't found a definitive list, but I can tell you using Notepad ++ and Comparing the two sets of ini's they are even remarked and scripted differently.

Ask yourself this. Why 2.54 and not and older version?

I did and couldn't find a real answer so I am not back to editing 2.28 that works much better to the way I am used to and Like.

Good luck.

Styxx42

Well I was reading else where that Engineer was disabled in lastest Domination because of BIS Engineer.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1815773&highlight=Engineer+disabled+Domination#post1815773

If that is TRUE, can some one that knows point me to what was remmed out if it is that easy?

I prefer the FAKE Dom engineer for my small group of friends that play together.

seems like we are doing nothing but getting small amount of damage and going down and having to call in air taxi or slog it all the way home.

Find if you have that kind of time, but I am what I would call a Dad warrior.

2 small kids, not as much time as I once had and want to spend more time enjoying the game and less walking.

Could my issue be I am using the

co@30_Domination_2_54A2_West_ACE_OA that I extracted out of ACE?

Should I be looking over at ACE to see if ACE has disabled engineers?

Well that is it. Version 2.28 works like a top.

So I will stick with that version for engineer. Thanks for listening.

And TB if you do release i would love a copy just to play around with on my home server? Thanks

I'm using 2.29. the 54 versions were too hard to work with. I can't say what happened with the engineers.

Also, as I don't use ACE, I can't really help there either.

We've got a couple of bugs to iron out and we need to expand the squads to allow for more players, then it's ready. You are more than welcome to have it.

Hey.

I only play the ranked version and was wondering how i can open up the air taxi? and ofc the side mission where you need to steal the heli using Ranked version.

It ofc tells me i need to be Captain to use any of these.

Thx in advance

Ok my friends so here is the deal. I am trying to use a texture and have it applied after respawn as well as intitially. I would like to use the respawn script built into domination and the other settings so I can still use the chopper menu etc. For example. Currently I have this in the init. line of the choppers I am using custom textures on.

this setObjectTexture [0, "UH60M_SANDCAMO.PAA"]; this setObjectTexture [1, "UH60M_SANDCAMO_1.PAA"]; veh = [this, 30, 1800, 0, false, false, "this setObjectTexture [0, ""UH60M_SANDCAMO.paa""], this setObjectTexture [1, ""UH60M_SANDCAMO_1.paa""]"] execVM "vehicle.sqf"

Now, I am able to get the textures to show and reapear apon respawn. The problem is that I have to remove the vehicle name, (ch2) which is used to call other scripts and such. Like showing the marker, chopper menu, etc... I was wondering if there is something I could add in the x_server\x_chopperrespawn2 script to apply these textures apon respawn. Then I would only need the following in the init line of the chopper...

this setObjectTexture [0, "UH60M_SANDCAMO.PAA"]; this setObjectTexture [1, "UH60M_SANDCAMO_1.PAA"]

I could probably even move that to one of the init, creatv scripts but that is another challenge for another day. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Sorry if this post seems convoluted or is lacking information needed to reply with any helpfull suggestions. Thank you all again for your time and I look forward to playing with u soon.

nukerat

P.S. I am currently using a separte vehicle respawn script for these and if I do not change the originaly name of the chopper then it will run both respawn scripts.

Ok my friends so here is the deal. I am trying to use a texture and have it applied after respawn as well as intitially.

~

Now, I am able to get the textures to show and reapear apon respawn. The problem is that I have to remove the vehicle name, (ch2) which is used to call other scripts and such. Like showing the marker, chopper menu, etc... I was wondering if there is something I could add in the x_server\x_chopperrespawn2 script to apply these textures apon respawn. Then I would only need the following in the init line of the chopper...

this setObjectTexture [0, "UH60M_SANDCAMO.PAA"]; this setObjectTexture [1, "UH60M_SANDCAMO_1.PAA"]

I could probably even move that to one of the init, creatv scripts but that is another challenge for another day. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Sorry if this post seems convoluted or is lacking information needed to reply with any helpfull suggestions. Thank you all again for your time and I look forward to playing with u soon.

nukerat

P.S. I am currently using a separte vehicle respawn script for these and if I do not change the originaly name of the chopper then it will run both respawn scripts.

Nuke, removing the vehicle names from them vehicles in the editor is a bad idea. All the functionality of the mission hands off these names. Also, adding inits to vehicles in the editor won't work, as you've found.

You are best advised to use the built in scripts that apply inits to vehicles as these as called by the mission both both the mission starts and each time the vehicle spawns. Look in x_client/x_initvec.sqf. This is where the magic happens.

Thanks Tank. I have tried a few different setobjectscripts in x_client/x_initvec.sqf and was unable to get it to work. I am guessing I am either using the wrong command line or putting it in the wrong place. These are the two I tried.

_ch2 setobjecttexture [0,""UH60M_SANDCAMO.paa"]

and

if (typeOf _vehicle == "tried both object and vehicle name here") then {
   _vehicle setVehicleInit "this setObjectTexture [0, ""UH60M_SANDCAMO.PAA""]";
   _vehicle setVehicleInit "this setObjectTexture [1, ""UH60M_SANDCAMO.PAA""]";
   processInitCommands;
};

I am just not sure what I am doing wrong. I do appreciate all the advice thus far and realize this can be frustrating for you expierence scripters. I will keep at it and If I find a solution I will leave a post. Thank you all again. Here is a couple screenies of the texture I designed. For any of you that have done this you know how difficult it can be especially with stuff like the tire. If anyone would like this texture just leave me a message. Thank you all again.

A-10.jpg

UH-60M.jpg

UH_60M_tire.jpg

There's a script in x_client directory called "getincheck" or similar. It should be simple to check the str name of each player and compare that with a list of allowed players.

Can you explain in detail how to go about doing this.

I told the people I'm editing for that I was working on an edit and they requested this feature.

They want it so only those with the clan tag can use air vehicles.

More newbie questions :yay:

{
   if (_x hasWeapon "NVGoggles") then
   {
       _x removeWeapon "NVGoggles";
   };
} forEach allUnits;

could someone direct me to what file to add these in, trying to make all the NVGs go away in the mission

Thanks Tank. I have tried a few different setobjectscripts in x_client/x_initvec.sqf and was unable to get it to work. I am guessing I am either using the wrong command line or putting it in the wrong place. These are the two I tried.

_ch2 setobjecttexture [0,""UH60M_SANDCAMO.paa"]

and

if (typeOf _vehicle == "tried both object and vehicle name here") then {
   _vehicle setVehicleInit "this setObjectTexture [0, ""UH60M_SANDCAMO.PAA""]";
   _vehicle setVehicleInit "this setObjectTexture [1, ""UH60M_SANDCAMO.PAA""]";
   processInitCommands;
};

You forgot a double quote on the first line.

Make sure you didnt paste your code in the middle of a "bad" #ifdef/#ifndef.

You should also have different textures names applied in each setObjectTexture as the first parameter (here 0 or 1) corresponds to a section of the vehicle model.

If you don't do use it already, add -showScriptErrors to your shortcut launch options this will help you.

Edited by Shinz

There's a script in x_client directory called "getincheck" or similar. It should be simple to check the str name of each player and compare that with a list of allowed players.

I told the people I'm editing for that I was working on an edit and they requested this feature.

Also

How can you go about moving the BASE from Loy Manara to Rasman?

As an addition to that question.

How do you move the main target of Rasman to Loy Manara and move any Side Missions away from the Rasman Base.

How do you review what a side mission is after it has been displayed?

Mouse wheel

Show Settings.

Took us a while to find it as well.

I finally found out how to get the old engineer to work on 2.54. In x_client/x_setupplayer.sqf

Need to change this:

// special triggers for engineers, AI version, everybody can repair and flip vehicles
d_eng_can_repfuel = false;
if (d_string_player in d_is_engineer || d_with_ai) then {
d_eng_can_repfuel = true;
if (d_with_ranked) then {d_last_base_repair = -1};

[_pos, [0, 0, 0, false], ["NONE", "PRESENT", true], ["call x_ffunc", "actionID1=player addAction ['Unflip Vehicle' call XGreyText, 'scripts\unflipVehicle.sqf',[d_objectID1],-1,false];", "player removeAction actionID1"]] call XfCreateTrigger;

__pSetVar ["d_is_engineer",true];
__pSetVar ["d_farp_pos", []];
__pSetVar ["d_farpaction", _p addAction ["Build FARP" call XGreyText, "x_client\x_farp.sqf",[],-1,false]];
};

with this

// special triggers for engineers, AI version, everybody can repair and flip vehicles
d_eng_can_repfuel = false;
if (d_string_player in d_is_engineer || d_with_ai) then {
d_eng_can_repfuel = true;
#ifndef __TT__
d_engineer_trigger = createTrigger["EmptyDetector" ,d_base_array select 0];
d_engineer_trigger setTriggerArea [d_base_array select 1, d_base_array select 2, d_base_array select 3, true];
#else
_dbase_a = if (playerSide == west) then {d_base_array select 0} else {d_base_array select 1};
d_engineer_trigger = createTrigger["EmptyDetector" ,_dbase_a select 0];
d_engineer_trigger setTriggerArea [_dbase_a select 1, _dbase_a select 2, d_base_array select 3, true];
#endif
d_engineer_trigger setTriggerActivation [d_own_side_trigger, "PRESENT", true];
d_engineer_trigger setTriggerStatements["!d_eng_can_repfuel && player in thislist", "d_eng_can_repfuel = true;'Engineer repair/refuel capability restored.' call XfGlobalChat;", ""];

if (d_with_ranked) then {d_last_base_repair = -1};

[_pos, [0, 0, 0, false], ["NONE", "PRESENT", true], ["call x_ffunc", "actionID1=player addAction ['Unflip Vehicle' call XGreyText, 'scripts\unflipVehicle.sqf',[d_objectID1],-1,false];", "player removeAction actionID1"]] call XfCreateTrigger;

_trigger = createTrigger["EmptyDetector" ,_pos];
_trigger setTriggerArea [0, 0, 0, true];
_trigger setTriggerActivation ["NONE", "PRESENT", true];
#ifndef __ENGINEER_OLD__
_trigger setTriggerStatements["call x_sfunc", "actionID6 = player addAction ['Analyze Vehicle' call XGreyText, 'x_client\x_repanalyze.sqf',[],-1,false];actionID2 = player addAction ['Repair/Refuel Vehicle' call XGreyText, 'x_client\x_repengineer.sqf',[],-1,false]", "player removeAction actionID6;player removeAction actionID2"];
#else
_trigger setTriggerStatements["call x_sfunc", "actionID2 = player addAction ['Repair/Refuel Vehicle' call XGreyText, 'x_client\x_repengineer_old.sqf',[],-1,false]", "player removeAction actionID2"];
#endif
__pSetVar ["d_is_engineer",true];
__pSetVar ["d_farp_pos", []];
__pSetVar ["d_farpaction", _p addAction ["Build FARP" call XGreyText, "x_client\x_farp.sqf",[],-1,false]];

{_x addAction ["Restore repair/refuel capability" call XBlueText, "x_client\x_restoreeng.sqf"]} forEach (__XJIPGetVar(d_farps));
};

---------- Post added at 03:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 PM ----------

Only problem with the above is that you now have two ways to repair. Domination script and BIS engineer. I just replaced the engineer with crewman to solve problem

I finally found out how to get the old engineer to work on 2.54. In x_client/x_setupplayer.sqf

mia389

If this works. YOU ARE AMAZING.

Going to test tonight.

Thanks for sharing.

Question\Request.

Is anyone willing to look at my Modded Fallujah Domination

by

WO1-Smokey[uSSOCOM] and show me how to add AI to it?

Or tell me how to take a West Ace Revive and change it to

West ACE WOUNDS AI?

I had to update the mission.sqs file changing the name of the map because of the updated Fallujah revision.

I tried making the changes in the setup file and ran it but noting happened so I am thinking that Smokey modded it quite heavily.

Even if you can point me at what is needed for AI.

The Marker is on the map just like on other Dom versions.

It is just for me a few buds to hack around on. Nothing pubic.

Most of the time at most there is two players on so we really do need AI support.

Thanks if you can.

Edited by Styxx42
Added Dom Request

I can't tell you in any detail - I'm not a proper coder, but I can tell you where to look..

initvec.sqf has some eventhandlers, you want to use the "getin" eventhandler to see when a player gets in a vehicle, then get their name and compare it either a known list of clan players in an array or, substring their player name for [my clanname]. If those conditions aren't met, 'action eject _vehicle' will kick them out of the vehicle.

Place ACE wounds module on the map.

open up X_setup.sqf

change to this

#include "x_macros.sqf"

#define __OWN_SIDE_WEST__

//#define __REVIVE__

#define __ACE__

#define __OA__

#define __DEFAULT__

#define __D_VER_NAME__ "DominationOA! One Team - A.C.E. West REVIVE"

#define D_RESPAWN_DELAY 2

#define __WOUNDS__

notice wounds was added and revive // out.

RUN setupcopy.bat once

AI barracks I am not sure If I placed. I dont think I did. Just place AI barracks where you want them and name it findme. Save mission.

Open up mission.sqm and search for findme. Should get something like this

position[]={[color="Red"]8154.22[/color]07,7,[color="Red"][color="Red"]1674.97[/color][/color]92};
		id=1;
		side="EMPTY";
		vehicle="USMC_WarfareBBarracks";
		skill=0.60000002;
		text="findme";
	};

You new position will be 8154.22,1674.97

Open up i_server.sqf and search for

d_pos_ai_hut = 

Put new cords here

if (__OAVer) then {[[0,0,0],65]} example above would be

if (__OAVer) then {[[8154.22,1674.97,0],65]}

65 is the azimuth

Hope this all makes sense

I will attach my latest version for Fallujah 1.1. The bonus vehicles need their postion scripted in. Cords are found in i_server.sqf Sorry I have not done this yet. If you dont put new cords in they will spawn where the old base was. It also runs ACE wounds. I also use differnt rearm pads for helis and airplanes. Addaction script

http://www.mediafire.com/file/uivd25106tt32l2/Domination%2520Fallujah%2520V1%252e0.fallujah.pbo

Edited by mia389

mia389

YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

I now have Ace Wounds, AI and your 2.54 engineer worked like a CHARM.

Thank you so much.

I really appreciate your work.

I will either pay you back some how or pay it forward.

Thanks again.

JUST AWESOME.

With this the AI actually heals you if you go down. It is so worth playing Dom by yourself with some AI and the Mando Air console.

Thank you thank you thank you.

Glad I could help. Did you have to put the AI barracks in?

Glad I could help. Did you have to put the AI barracks in?

No I did not have to. In this mission it appeared.

I did add

#define __AI__

to my x_setup.sqf as well on top of all the other things you said.

You did stuff for me in seconds of me cutting and pasting your work that I had fiddled and faddled with for hours over the last couple weeks.

The engineer addition is AWESOME. I had given up on that.

Thanks again.

This is not working for me. I have this;

class Item94

{

position[]={7941.6953,7,1998.0432};

azimut=150;

id=135;

side="EMPTY";

skill=0.60000002;

text="findme";

};

and in the i_server;

// position and direction of the AI HUT

d_pos_ai_hut =

#ifdef __DEFAULT__

if (isNil "d_with_carrier") then {

if (__OAVer) then {[[7941.69,1998.04,0],150]} else {[[7941.69,1998.04,0],150]}

} else {[[14509.6,364.861,15.9], 34]};

Does anyone see what is wrong?

This is not working for me. I have this;

class Item94

{

position[]={7941.6953,7,1998.0432};

azimut=150;

id=135;

side="EMPTY";

skill=0.60000002;

text="findme";

};

and in the i_server;

// position and direction of the AI HUT

d_pos_ai_hut =

#ifdef __DEFAULT__

if (isNil "d_with_carrier") then {

if (__OAVer) then {[[7941.69,1998.04,0],150]} else {[[7941.69,1998.04,0],150]}

} else {[[14509.6,364.861,15.9], 34]};

Does anyone see what is wrong?

Looks right, but do you have define AI in setup?

If you have any problems find me on TS FasterthanLight. I am Smokey

Edited by mia389

Does any one know what the new domination 2.57 is all about?

It just says new d4 technology on the dev hevean site.

What has changed?

---------- Post added at 04:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 AM ----------

Also does anyone know why the HousePatrol script is turned off (commented \\) in

Domination 2.54? Is it bugged? I want to turn this on but figured there was a reason

it was not activated I just don't know that reason is. This would be used on a MP server anyone see a problem with me doing this?

Thanks in advance for any info.