Tankbuster

Editing, Expanding and Modifying Domination

I have another question. Where do I change the isle defense to be just infantry ?

x_getmixedliste = { ... } in x_server\x_f\x_serverfuncs.sqf is where the units are defined. Not sure how to make them infantry (never tried), I only changed to different more easier to handle vehicle classes. But in OA I find the defaults easy enough to handle.

Anyone for my question?

hello all,

I worry a little question I seek to modify the Ai recruitment on the base.

I see the script addsoldiers but after long time I was looking crashes (I'm beginner).

A little help would be welcome please.

how to change the unit please?

thank you

Anyone for my question?

hello all,

I worry a little question I seek to modify the Ai recruitment on the base.

I see the script addsoldiers but after long time I was looking crashes (I'm beginner).

A little help would be welcome please.

how to change the unit please?

thank you

I dont understand your question. What are you trying to change with the AI?

Sorry,

I want change Ai type in Barrack recruit (us for other ai).

Sorry yoyo, I have no idea. I tried looking in the x_addsoldier.sqf in the x_client folder. Might need to change something in there but I am not for sure. Maybe someone else can help ya more.

---------- Post added at 12:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 PM ----------

@Carl

I tried this for changing isle defence

x_getmixedliste = {
private ["_side", "_ret_list", "_list"];
_side = _this select 0;
_ret_list = [];
{
	_list = [_x,_side] call x_getunitliste;
	_ret_list set [count _ret_list, [_list select 1, _list select 2]];
} forEach [switch (floor random 2) do {case 0: {"brdm"};case 1: {"uaz_mg"};}, "bmp", "tank", "shilka"];
_ret_list

to this

x_getmixedliste = {
private ["_side", "_ret_list", "_list"];
_side = _this select 0;
_ret_list = [];
{
	_list = [_x,_side] call x_getunitliste;
	_ret_list set [count _ret_list, [_list select 1, _list select 2]];
} forEach [switch (floor random 2) do {case 0: {"basic"};case 1: {"uaz_mg"};}, "basic", "basic", "basic"];
_ret_list

that didnt seem to work.

My main goal is to add more radom patrols with no armor. I first tried changed the 6 to a 20 (for testing) on this line in the i_server.sqf

// add some random patrols on the island
// if the array is empty, no patrols
// same size like a rectangular trigger
// first element = center position, second element = a, third element = b, fourth element = angle, fifth element = number of groups
d_with_isledefense = if (d_WithIsleDefense == 0) then {
if (__OAVer) then {[[4839.91,4609.63,0], 2200, 2200, 0, if (d_MissionType != 2) then {6} else {6}]} else {[[4839.91,4609.63,0], 2200, 2200, 0, 6]}
} else {
[]
};

That spawned a butt load of armor patrols. It was kindof fun but doesnt really fit into a Fallijuh style fight. This is my last issue to get fixed.

I figured out my parameter issue with North/West/Comple Ordered routes. I had to change the init file. Funny I didnt even look there at first :o

Try to compare the output from those functions (old and new), then use that data to try to figure out what goes wrong where the data is returned to. How is that return utilized?

I'm betting you'll have to make a new island_footpatrols from scratch (I did in Dominatrix for Arma1/ACE1). If so you need to study how current footpatrols are used so that they get the "same treatment" (add dead and all that).

It seems the cases above it all work accept the case"specops" and case"basic" which I think gets their classes or groups from d_allmen in i_server. Im getting way to deep for my knowledge.

I gave up and just used the DAC script.

EDIT

i just replace that script and now works fine

maybe i do some change and in 1.55 cant work

Edited by uait

[quote name=uait;1788531

mmm i just see that marker on vehicle dont move' date=' marker like W for wreck chopper and others...[/quote]

Works fine for me.

Hi, all. New to ARMA 2 and editing / scripting in general.

The squad mates and I love Xeno's Domination mission. We're having some trouble though. Here's a list - I'm hoping someone can help.

1. Is there a way to set all Domination parameters in a file so it can be run once upon startup? Or does an admin have to come on and set them manually one-by-one under 'Parameters' when being the first to login to the server?
  2. Respawn time for vehicles. When a chopper wrecks the wreck will not show on the map and it'll respawn in no less than a minute (almost instant). We've set the parameters for Domination to have wrecks stay for 120 minutes but it doesn't seem to work.
  3. When I compile Domination with the Revive Script the mission, reviving, and healing all work with the exception of not having the 'Save Gear' option when near an ammo box. When I remove the Revive Script, the 'Save Gear' shows up again. Anyone having the same problem? How can this be fixed so that the Revive Script runs along side with the 'Save Gear' option?
  4. Squad only vehicles. I was on a server that restricted the AH-64D and A-10 to squad only. I thought this was clever! How would I go about doing this for our server with Domination's A-10 and AH-64D reward vehicles?
  5. Tips, MOTD, and hints. I saw a server have its rules on a specific object. For example there was a small bulletin object placed near the base and once you were near it you could click on it to view squad info, team speak info, etc. The server also had it so that once someone spawned in a transparent hint popped up with the server rules and I had to hit 'Continue' in order to proceed. Would anyone know how to make this?
  6. The default West mission is awesome. I do see some servers running a BAF version of Domination. Is this available for download? If not, how would I go about converting BAF units to Domination?
  7. NON DOMINATION QUESTION: Is there a way to have multiple admins on at once and not just one?

Thanks in advance for all the help! I really appreciate it. I've been searching all evening via Google doing "site:forums.bistudio.com [search string here]" for most of these question and couldn't find anything. Going to give my eyes a break. :)

Thanks again!

1. Two methods: 1) Change the defaults within the mission itself. 2) Set up the default parameters as part of the mission cycle setup for the server.

2. Wreck delete time only deals with awarded vehicles, not respawn vehicles. I've modified my edit so that normal respawnable ground vehicles have variable respawn times depending on the complexity of th vehicle. I haven't attempted on choppers yet.

3. I use neither, sorry.

4. If you have already played it, you have the mission in your mission cache ready to be looked at. Typically I'm against automatic lockup of assets to squad only, I think it's bad practice. Better to lock based on slot type (only pilots can fly, typically), and have squad locks only be based on one unique slot for admining purposes. That way you can order pubbers to pick another slot when the squad is there.

5. For the hint, use hintC. Not sure what vanilla objects support setObjectTexture the way you're describing, maybe it is based on new MPA stuff? Not sure.

6. Not supported by default other than it is "prepared" for BAF use making it easy to change. If you've already played one, grab that from your mission cache.

7. Not that I'm aware of.

Does anyone have a copy of Domination 2.54 Fallujah? Theres an Ace version on servers but i dont have Ace anymore.

I started one but never got around to fixing the flagpole or all of the sidemissions.

I sorry for being so cautious but I find no record of Domination 2.54 Fallujah, except for your reference here, anywhere on Armaholic or BIS forums. Is there a link?

Thanks

Cheifredcloud i got another one from a few servers done by someone called smokey. In game change mission filter to fallujah you will see a few, im looking for a non ace one.

Edit yup this is the same one.

Edited by kdjac

I assum (and you know what that makes me) that we just drop the PBO in the MP Mission folder. I did that and Notta .... it didn't show up. What am I doing wrong?

[*]When I compile Domination with the Revive Script the mission, reviving, and healing all work with the exception of not having the 'Save Gear' option when near an ammo box. When I remove the Revive Script, the 'Save Gear' shows up again. Anyone having the same problem? How can this be fixed so that the Revive Script runs along side with the 'Save Gear' option?

Save gear is disabled in the revive versions because of an exploit.

When a player dies and gets revived he has his complete saved layout again :)

(I was too lazy to fix it, so disabled)

Xeno

< Is Smokey. I have not released my domination Fallujah on Armaholic yet because of some bugs I am still working out. I have not had much time lately because I just moved to a new house. I will release it soon though. If you have the version of the one I made I hope you enjoy it. I put many hours into it as it was my first conversion. Many thanks to the guys/Carl on here for helping me out.

Hi

Just editing Domination 2.29 for my personal use and was wondering if someone could tell me which script i need to alter to change the US AI Units to one of my own choosing

I am refering to the AI Barrack where you recruit the different classes of Units i.e. Soldier, AT Soldier

Any help would be much appreciated

Many thanks in advance

the guys that are currently working on a domination over Fallujah 0.9 could please send me a PM? Is someone having a mail or something to contact the "smokey" that released the actual 2.54 domination over fj?

Thank you :)

Xeno

XENO ...... LOL ....... that was one of the indearing things about that ..... LOL

---------- Post added at 08:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 AM ----------

< Is Smokey. I have not released my domination Fallujah on Armaholic yet because of some bugs I am still working out. I have not had much time lately because I just moved to a new house. I will release it soon though. If you have the version of the one I made I hope you enjoy it. I put many hours into it as it was my first conversion. Many thanks to the guys/Carl on here for helping me out.

I can well appreciate a work in progress, so you wont find me bad mouthing your works. However, if I get it to work, if you'd like feedback I'll be happy to provide any I come apon.

Xeno

Is there an easy way to turn it back on? I'd rather kick people I catch doing that than have to constantly manually rearm for the whole game.

Uhm, you wouldn't have to catch anyone, as it would happen everytime someone is revived. Deal with it for now, and wait for D4 instead. Die less, and it shouldn't be a problem ;)