Tankbuster

Editing, Expanding and Modifying Domination

Another interesting bit. I have added 3 more helicopters through the mission editor. 2 littlebird gunships and an Apache. The littlbirds I want to respawn, so I assigned them the names ch7 and ch8 in the editor, then added them to d_chopper in i_client and init, but I can't get them to respawn. If I switch their names ch7 and ch8 with the 2 from the littlebird transports (ch5, ch6) and the gunships will respawn, but the littlebird transports won't. Am I missing something here where ch7 and ch8 should be listed? Is there a cutoff in the amount of respawning choppers you can have?

I am using co@30_Domination_2_54A2_West_AI_ACE_OA.Takistan as my basis. I can get HUMMWs to all respawn (4 of them) but these choppers seem to be a bigger problem.

Another interesting bit. I have added 3 more helicopters through the mission editor. 2 littlebird gunships and an Apache. The littlbirds I want to respawn, so I assigned them the names ch7 and ch8 in the editor, then added them to d_chopper in i_client and init, but I can't get them to respawn. If I switch their names ch7 and ch8 with the 2 from the littlebird transports (ch5, ch6) and the gunships will respawn, but the littlebird transports won't. Am I missing something here where ch7 and ch8 should be listed? Is there a cutoff in the amount of respawning choppers you can have?

I am using co@30_Domination_2_54A2_West_AI_ACE_OA.Takistan as my basis. I can get HUMMWs to all respawn (4 of them) but these choppers seem to be a bigger problem.

I've never done what you are doing, but there's a few scripts that might be relevant to what you're doing.

Look in the x_server directory and look at the bottom five scripts, they handle the respawning of vehicles. Perhaps there's something in there?

To respawn helicopters, all you need to do is edit d_choppers inside i_client.sqf and then the respawn part in init.sqf. I didn't quite understand what you were saying, but here is what it would be like for 4 lift choppers, 4 transport LBs, and 1 attack apache.

i_client.sqf

case (__ACEVer || __OAVer): {
	d_choppers = [
		[color="Red"]["HR1",0,"chopper1",301,"n_air","ColorWhite","L1","Lift One"], ["HR2",0,"chopper2",302,"n_air","ColorWhite","L2","Lift Two"],
		["HR3",0,"chopper3",303,"n_air","ColorWhite","L3","Lift Three"], ["HR4",0,"chopper4",304,"n_air","ColorWhite","L4","Lift Four"],
		["HR5",2,"chopper5",305,"n_air","ColorWhite","T1","Transport One"], ["HR6",2,"chopper6",306,"n_air","ColorWhite","T2","Transport Two"],
                       ["HR7",2,"chopper7",307,"n_air","ColorWhite","T3","Transport Three"], ["HR8",2,"chopper8",308,"n_air","ColorWhite","T4","Transport Four"],
		["HR9",1,"chopper9",309,"n_air","ColorWhite","W","Wreck Lift"],["HR10",2,"chopper10",310,"n_air","ColorWhite","A1","Attack One"][/color]
	];
};
default {

init.sqf

} else {
	if (d_enemy_side == "EAST") then {
		[color="Red"][[ch1,301,true],[ch2,302,true],[ch3,303,false,1500],[ch4,304,false,1500],[ch5,305,false,600],[ch6,306,false,600],[ch7,307,false,600],[ch8,308,false,600],[ch9,309,false,600],[ch10,310,true]] execVM "x_server\x_helirespawn2.sqf";[/color]
	} else {
		[[ch1,301,true],[ch2,302,true],[ch3,303,false,1500],[ch4,304,false,1500]] execVM "x_server\x_helirespawn2.sqf";
	};
};

Be sure to name 4 UH60s ch1, ch2, ch3, and ch4.

Name 4 MH-6s ch5, ch6, ch7, and ch8

Name a chinook or UH60 (wreck chopper) ch9

Name an Apache or AH6 ch10

--

Now, about the HMMWVs, can you elaborate on what you did?

Sorry, I was up late, and had been fighting this for some time. Within seconds of looking at your post I figured out why I couldn't get it working.

if (d_enemy_side == "EAST") then {

Why did they change it from where West = to enemy side = east? I kept looking over that because as I skimmed it, it said East!

That frustrated me to the point I had a few beers and was up until 4 am goofing with it. Thanks, it is all working now!

Hi,

Some of my clanmates have found some Domination maps (editted by other people) that look interesting to try but have an issue with it.. They're all revive. So my question is, is there any easy / simple way to take these revive missions and change them into an AI / normal version?

---------- Post added at 09:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 AM ----------

Also, where can I change the AI emplacements at the base? As in, the emplacements on the sides of the base with avengers, AA pods etc.. I ask this because I'm currently working on a BAF version and would like to alter those troops (which are US) to BAF ones :)

So my question is, is there any easy / simple way to take these revive missions and change them into an AI / normal version?

Remove #define __REVIVE__ from x_setup.sqf and run the setupcopy.bat.

Also, where can I change the AI emplacements at the base? As in, the emplacements on the sides of the base with avengers, AA pods etc.. I ask this because I'm currently working on a BAF version and would like to alter those troops (which are US) to BAF ones :)

x_server\x_initx.sqf. I highly recommend just removing all of the existing base defenses and throwing down some of your own which you would likely need to do in order to get BAF ones anyway. Removing/commenting out everything below "if (count d_with_isledefense > 0) then {execVM "x_server\x_isledefense.sqf"};" should accomplish that.

How can I change the vehicle that gets droped from the airdrop vehicle. I cant find it anywhere.

How can I change the vehicle that gets droped from the airdrop vehicle. I cant find it anywhere.

Hm, search for x_drop_array afair... but it is like million lightyears away :D

Xeno

TY I don't know how I missed it in the i_common. I knew I have seen it before

TY I don't know how I missed it in the i_common. I knew I have seen it before

Yeah, just a variable... took me allready a long time to remember which one I've used. To much programming at work with real programming languages :)

Xeno

First: Xeno (et al), thanks so much for your amazing work on Domination2. The deeper I dig into it, the more impressed I am. And thanks to everyone who takes the time to help everyone else with the project.

Currently, though, I'm going crazy trying to add new lift choppers...I've looked through all 42 pages of this thread, hunted around and around in the files, on forums, etc. (I have downloaded Grimes' tear-out version of the Lift Scripts for other missions, but I haven't used them yet.)

Here's what I've tried to do so far:

--> In the i_client file: add ["HR7",0,"chopper7",307,"n_air","ColorWhite","7","Lift Four"], ["HR8",0,"chopper8",308,"n_air","ColorWhite","8","Lift Five"]

at line 246

--> In the init.sqf, added [ch7,307,false,300],[ch8,308,false,300]

TO line 322 (in the #ifndef __TT__ area)

And added two CH-47's, naming them "ch7" and "ch8".

Still can't get them to be lift choppers.

Could someone point me in the right direction? Or better yet, write up a "How To" steps to add lift ability to a chopper?

Thanks!

I see that the guvnor has answered, but I think I might give you a clue as to how to help yourself. :)

With this sort of problem, sometimes it's best to attack it from another angle. You want to change the drop vehicle, so how about this method.

Run the game, do a vehicle drop and see what vehicle is dropped.... it's a Humvee.

Find the classname of the Humvee.. it's "HMMWV".

Using your sexy file editor like the one I mentioned in the first post, do a find in files for the word HMMWV and that should give you your answer which is i_common.

Oh dear, I've read this and it looks rather patronising, it's not meant to be. The thing is that by learning these methods yourself, one day you'll be able to pass on your knowledge to someone else who doesn't know and that's what forums are all about.

First: Xeno (et al), thanks so much for your amazing work on Domination2. The deeper I dig into it, the more impressed I am. And thanks to everyone who takes the time to help everyone else with the project.

Currently, though, I'm going crazy trying to add new lift choppers...I've looked through all 42 pages of this thread, hunted around and around in the files, on forums, etc. (I have downloaded Grimes' tear-out version of the Lift Scripts for other missions, but I haven't used them yet.)

--> In the i_client file: add ["HR7",0,"chopper7",307,"n_air","ColorWhite","7","Lift Four"], ["HR8",0,"chopper8",308,"n_air","ColorWhite","8","Lift Five"]

at line 246

Still can't get them to be lift choppers.

Could someone point me in the right direction? Or better yet, write up a "How To" steps to add lift ability to a chopper?

Thanks!

The post your looking for is here

But it looks like you almost have it, I would check to make sure your putting them in the right arrays, as there is several arrays depending on game type and several other factors. Just make sure its the right array for your game type. If that does not help post those sections of code from your mission. And we may be able to see if their is a syntax problem.

The post your looking for is here

But it looks like you almost have it, I would check to make sure your putting them in the right arrays, as there is several arrays depending on game type and several other factors. Just make sure its the right array for your game type. If that does not help post those sections of code from your mission. And we may be able to see if their is a syntax problem.

Thanks for the effort, but as CarlGustaffa says in the post, this "maybe be a bit vague" :)

Thanks for the effort, but as CarlGustaffa says in the post, this "maybe be a bit vague" :)

Thats not really all that vague, those are the files you have to edit to add in choppers. And like I said in my post if you check and make sure that you have your addition's in the right arrays and your still having problems post up your code segments and we will help you out.

Edited by Riouken

at line 246

My only guess is that you are adding those strings into the wrong sections, but under the right variable. Read it carefully. If not that, then its probably something as simply as a missing bracket or semi colon.

If all else fails, included in the download of the standalone lift script that I uploaded is a read me that explains this process.

Thats not really all that vague, those are the files you have to edit to add in choppers. And like I said in my post if you check and make sure that you have your addition's in the right arrays and your still having problems post up your code segments and we will help you out.

Well, I just spammed those lines I posted above into any place they made sense, and lo and behold, it works. I should try to write it up for others who are seeking the same thing, but I'm not sure I understand it well enough yet! Thanks again.

Hi guys,

Read through this forum, as I have been modifying (actually picking it apart) Domination for our clan. Really interesting reading. Kudos to you all for the efforts you put into this.

Here is a (hopefully relatively simple) :rolleyes: question I have.

It is: How do I control the initialization of the flare script so that the "enemy" only fires flares after the "Enemy has spotted you at Main target. They will now call in reinforcements" ?

I cannot for the life of me find what triggers this message.

It does not make sense that flares are used indiscriminantly at a site, before the enemy is aware they are under attack. Just makes the target so much more obvious.(my opinion, btw)

Thanks

Muz

I'm not sure it's needed anymore. At least not for its original intent, which I assume was to give us some better lighting conditions due to the old NVG hdr problems. However, it serves a purpose now in that server adds an additional #lightpoint to it so that enemy is also helped by it (not just us).

Get a text editor with a decent file search. Search for the text you have, and it will point you to a file. Search for that class and it will point you to a script. Search for..... you see where this is going :p

I've disabled that script completely, and replaced it with enemies that are given and use GL based flares, pluss flare artillery and mortars.

Thank you Carl,

However, I must point out that I am very new to this scripting thing.

I can find the class, ( and I am doing this old school, with notepad, and cross referencing) but I am a complete noob as to how the classes tie into scripts.

(there is no execVM in the class in question, so I am stumped):

class MTSightedByEnemy {

#ifndef __TT__

text = "The enemy has spotted you at main target... They will now call in reinforcements!!!";

#else

text = "The enemy has spotted one of the teams at main target... They will now call in reinforcements!!!";

#endif

speech[] = {};

class Arguments {};

Coding and learning at the same time.:o