Tankbuster

Editing, Expanding and Modifying Domination

In TVT 2.28 how could I give OPFOR access to all guns and vice versa. Just having one global ammo box for both sides.

In TVT 2.28 how could I give OPFOR access to all guns and vice versa. Just having one global ammo box for both sides.

Well you want something like this:

private ["_crate"];
_crate = _this select 0;

ClearMagazineCargo _crate;
ClearWeaponCargo _crate;

_crate addweaponcargo ["Binocular",150];
_crate addweaponcargo ["NVGoggles",150];
_crate addmagazinecargo ["Laserbatteries",500];
_crate addmagazinecargo ["Handgrenade_West",500];
_crate addmagazinecargo ["Mine",500];
_crate addmagazinecargo ["PipeBomb",500];
_crate addmagazinecargo ["SmokeShell",500];
_crate addmagazinecargo ["SmokeShellGreen",500];
_crate addmagazinecargo ["SmokeShellYellow",500];
_crate addmagazinecargo ["SmokeShellOrange",500];
_crate addmagazinecargo ["SmokeShellRed",500];
_crate addmagazinecargo ["SmokeShellPurple",500];
_crate addmagazinecargo ["SmokeShellBlue",500];
_crate addmagazinecargo ["17Rnd_9x19_glock17",500];
_crate addmagazinecargo ["1Rnd_HE_M203",500];
_crate addmagazinecargo ["FlareWhite_M203",500];
_crate addmagazinecargo ["FlareGreen_M203",500];
_crate addmagazinecargo ["FlareYellow_M203",500];
_crate addmagazinecargo ["FlareRed_M203",500];
_crate addmagazinecargo ["1Rnd_Smoke_M203",500];
_crate addmagazinecargo ["1Rnd_SmokeRed_M203",500];
_crate addmagazinecargo ["1Rnd_SmokeGreen_M203",500];
_crate addmagazinecargo ["1Rnd_SmokeYellow_M203",500];
_crate addmagazinecargo ["30Rnd_556x45_Stanag",500];
_crate addmagazinecargo ["30Rnd_556x45_StanagSD",500];
_crate addmagazinecargo ["100Rnd_556x45_BetaCMag",500];
_crate addmagazinecargo ["20Rnd_762x51_FNFAL",500];
_crate addmagazinecargo ["20rnd_762x51_B_SCAR",500];
_crate addmagazinecargo ["20Rnd_762x51_SB_SCAR",500];
_crate addmagazinecargo ["100Rnd_762x51_M240",500];
_crate addmagazinecargo ["10Rnd_127x99_m107",500];
_crate addweaponcargo ["FN_FAL_ANPVS4",150];
_crate addweaponcargo ["SCAR_L_CQC",150];
_crate addweaponcargo ["SCAR_L_STD_HOLO",150];
_crate addweaponcargo ["SCAR_L_CQC_Holo",150];
_crate addweaponcargo ["SCAR_H_CQC_CCO",150];
_crate addweaponcargo ["SCAR_L_STD_Mk4CQT",150];
_crate addmagazinecargo ["Javelin",500];

if (true) exitWith {};

Then just add all the weapons and ammo you want in the box, however you will have to change the numbers as you add because the box appears to be limited as to how much it can hold.

Then you can put it in the inti of the ammocrate like this:

[this] exec "ammobox.sqf"

Cheers but domination doesnt have that part least not that i can see, the ammo crates seems to come from I Common?

Opfor seriosuly underpowered, having a complete ammo box for sides with Thermals removed should even up the guns side of things.

Try to consider Blufor overpowered instead. Would make more sense to me to remove some of the overpowered rifles from Blufor instead.

But, if you want to add everything for everyone, you might want to have a look at the factions in the x_client\x_weaponcargo*.sqf scripts. I've never worked on the TT version though, so I might be wrong.

X-weaponcargo works slightly differently in TT. It's in two parts, the first section tests for a faction, the ones that are west and then gives them all the appropriate kit. There's an else that follows with all the OPFOR kit. If you were to remove that faction test, it would make the entire crate open to both teams.

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

Also, there's this addon that gives the OPFOR boys better tech on their weapons.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=104715

Is there any way to change the intro track? I would like to add my own custom intro track, just can't find the current one anywhere..

Edited by Flightster

Is there any way to change the intro track? I would like to add my own custom intro track, just can't find the current one anywhere..

Red means new

x_client\x_intro.sqf

#ifndef __OA__
playMusic "Track07_Last_Men_Standing";
#else
playMusic "[color="Red"]IntroSong[/color]";
#endif

Right under the last param in description.ext

class CfgMusic {
tracks[] = {};

class IntroSong
{
name = "";
sound[] = {"\sounds\SongName.ogg", db+3, 1.0};
};
};

Then add your custom .ogg file to the \sounds folder.

X-weaponcargo works slightly differently in TT. It's in two parts, the first section tests for a faction, the ones that are west and then gives them all the appropriate kit. There's an else that follows with all the OPFOR kit. If you were to remove that faction test, it would make the entire crate open to both teams.

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

Also, there's this addon that gives the OPFOR boys better tech on their weapons.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=104715

So being an idiot :D

if (d_player_faction in ["USMC", "CDF", "BIS_US", "BIS_CZ", "BIS_GER"]) then {

stuff

} else {

more stuff

};

If put it liek this?

{

stuff

} else {

more stuff

};

Everyone would have goodies? And i could add in the BAF goodies using their class names?

Seeing its my first post here, a big hi to all. :)

But I just wanted to take the time to thank Xeno for all his hard work with Domination. I have in the past made maps for different games going back as far as FarCry 1 and appreciate just how much time and effort goes into a polished creation with so little thanks from the community. Thanks Xeno, thats some nice work man.

I am new to Arma2 since AO was released, mostly playing domination. I have my own server with 1.22 right up to now 2.29 thanks to Tankbuster for posting a link to it.

I look forward to reading more about this project as it progresses. Thanks again.

Regards

VSync

Domination is not worked on anymore, except by us. And we are most likely to break more than we fix :p

@kdjac: Get the latest Domination. Although BAF isn't used, it is shown where and how to add your own support.

And we are most likely to break more than we fix :p

Hey! Let's be positive now! :P

So being an idiot :D

if (d_player_faction in ["USMC", "CDF", "BIS_US", "BIS_CZ", "BIS_GER"]) then {

stuff

} else {

more stuff

};

If put it liek this?

{

stuff

} else {

more stuff

};

Everyone would have goodies? And i could add in the BAF goodies using their class names?

if (d_player_faction in ["USMC", "CDF", "BIS_US", "BIS_CZ", "BIS_GER", "BIS_BAF"]) then {

Then add your weapon and magazine classnames.

;1743050']Hey! Let's be positive now! :P

Well' date=' how is this for breaking it: I've added a lot (and actually removed a lot too), and changed a lot. Calling it Domination, and let people think they know what they're joining, would be a crime :p

I just ran my first no cheat no debugging run. Earlier during debugging, my allowdamage false script has never worked (not since 1.54 anyways). When all the cheat modes are turned off - [b']now[/b] I'm godlike - unintentionally :D Two hours into the game without getting killed thinking I was lucky and played awesome, I'm like "hey, I'm not that good at this". So I run into the hot zone taking hits like a mad man, without taking any damage. Bah, and not a clue in either .rpt file either, except "player without identity" and "Warning - cleanup player, player not found". None of which I understand.

So, I guess it's kinda easy to break too.

I've done that a couple of times CG. After ten minutes of a Shilka launching me around Corazol, I began to suspect my scripting. :D

Hey all.

Getting to grips again with tweaking Xenos great work....I see this last version has changed a lot....

Has anyone worked out how to get engineer working like it used to - i.e. engineers getting one 'free' fix out of base without a support vehicle? On my server I usually class pilots as engineers, so they can fix their birds on their own in an emergency. Only fix I can see now is having my pilot class playing engineer characters.....

also - any suggestions on getting my MHQ, which is now a chinook, to also be a 'salvage truck' in regards to being able to build farps? Also thinking of making it able to airlift too.....

Any pointers much appreciated - having to find my feet again here after many months away from Arma.....

~Z~

Why don't people like Team V Team Domination?

Some of the best games I've had involve me and a friend joining a tvt dom server , with everyone on bluefor and me and my mate being the only ones man enough to join opfor and waging a guerrilla campaign against the blufor team and their MHQ's and transport heli's as well as trying to take the towns ourselves.

Hugely fun.

But then the other team eventually gets sick of getting destroyed by two guys and inevitably change the server back to coop 1 team domination :rolleyes: zzzz

Whats wrong with people?

TVT domination is so much better. Far more intense!

It's gotten to the stage where we join empty servers and vote for a tvt domination match. And wait for ages till someone finally joins the server and joins the other team.

But sometimes instead of joining the other team they join us. wtf? I really don't understand it. If I joined a tvt dom server and there was 50 guys on 1 team and no one on the other I would instantly join the empty team, more people to kill.

Edited by Sisko!

Our Chernarus version has one man on Opfor commanding the entire AI army while the Blufor (real people) try to take it. It's really fun to set up when it's played the right way.

I want to add variable respawn times, depending on vehicle complexity, but hit a wall.

Although I've just started on this, I'm a bit unsure on how to solve it. Back in Dominatrix for Arma1 this was easy since each vehicle ran its own respawn script. Now "all" vehicles are handled by a central script. For land vehicles, I'm in init.sqf assigning a third array element (delay) that is sent to x_vrespawn2.sqf. This is stored on the vehicle as a variable, varying from 30 seconds from the sniper teams ATV to 300 seconds to the CSW/SF teams Stryker MC.

If I add variable sleeps in the main loop, the effect will be additive (the 30 second ATV respawn might have to wait for the 300 second Stryker MC respawn first), which I don't want. So I've tried spawning the creation process and added the delay there. For this I've made d_vec_array a global parameter.

x_server\x_respawn2.sqf at this point:

// by Xeno
#include "x_setup.sqf"

#define __Trans(tkind) _trans = getNumber(configFile >> #CfgVehicles >> typeOf _vehicle >> #tkind)
private ["_vehicle", "_camotype", "_camo", "_i", "_disabled", "_trans", "_empty", "_outb", "_hasbox"];
if (!isServer) exitWith{};

d_vec_array = [];
{
_vehicle = _x select 0;
_number_v = _x select 1;
_respawntimer = _x select 2;
d_vec_array set [count d_vec_array, [_vehicle,_number_v,position _vehicle,direction _vehicle,typeOf _vehicle,_respawntimer]];

_vehicle setVariable ["D_OUT_OF_SPACE", -1];
_vehicle setVariable ["d_vec", _number_v, true];
_vehicle setVariable ["d_respawntimer",_respawntimer];
_vehicle setAmmoCargo 0;
_vehicle setVariable ["d_vec_islocked", if (locked _vehicle) then {true} else {false}];
clearMagazineCargo _vehicle;
clearWeaponCargo _vehicle;

_kind = typeOf _vehicle;
switch (_kind) do {
	case "HMMWV_Ambulance_DES_EP1": {_vehicle setVehicleInit "xxx = [this] execVM ""bat\Refill_MHQ.sqf"""; processInitCommands;};
	case "HMMWV_Terminal_EP1": {_vehicle setVehicleInit "xxx = [this] execVM ""bat\Refill_MHQ.sqf"""; processInitCommands;};
	case "MtvrRefuel_DES_EP1": {_vehicle setVehicleInit "xxx = [this] execVM ""bat\Refill_TruckAmmo.sqf"""; processInitCommands;};
	case "MtvrRepair_DES_EP1": {_vehicle setVehicleInit "xxx = [this] execVM ""bat\Refill_TruckAmmo.sqf"""; processInitCommands;};
	case "MtvrReammo_DES_EP1": {_vehicle setVehicleInit "xxx = [this] execVM ""bat\Refill_TruckAmmo.sqf"""; processInitCommands;};
	case "MTVR_DES_EP1": {_vehicle setVehicleInit "xxx = [this] execVM ""bat\Refill_TruckSquad.sqf"""; processInitCommands;};
	case "MtvrSupply_DES_EP1": {_vehicle setVehicleInit "xxx = [this] execVM ""bat\Refill_TruckEng.sqf"""; processInitCommands;};
	case "M1129_MC_EP1": {_vehicle setVehicleInit "this addEventHandler [""fired"",{_this + [nearestObject [_this select 0,_this select 4]] spawn DOM_EH_Fired}]"; processInitCommands;}; //TODO: Change to precompiled spawn in due time.
};

#ifdef __TT__
if (_number_v < 100) then {
	_vehicle addeventhandler ["killed", {_this call x_checkveckillwest}];
} else {
	_vehicle addeventhandler ["killed", {_this call x_checkveckilleast}];
};
#endif
if (_number_v < 10 || (_number_v > 99 && _number_v < 110)) then {
	_vehicle addeventhandler ["killed", {(_this select 0) setVariable ["D_MHQ_Deployed",false,true]}];
};
#ifndef __CARRIER__
_camotype = switch (getNumber (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> typeOf _vehicle >> "side")) do {
	case 1: {if (__OAVer) then {"Land_CamoNetB_NATO_EP1"} else {"Land_CamoNetB_NATO"}};
	case 0: {if (__OAVer) then {"Land_CamoNetB_EAST_EP1"} else {"Land_CamoNetB_EAST"}};
};
//	_camo = createVehicle [_camotype, position _vehicle, [], 0, "NONE"];
//	_camo setPos position _vehicle;
//	_camo setDir (direction _vehicle) + 180;
//	_vehicle setVariable ["d_camonet", _camo];
#endif
} forEach _this;
_this = nil;

sleep 65;

while {true} do {
sleep 8 + random 5;
__MPCheck;
__DEBUG_NET("x_vrespawn2.sqf",(call XPlayersNumber))
for "_i" from 0 to (count d_vec_array - 1) do {
	_d_vec_a = d_vec_array select _i;
	_vehicle = _d_vec_a select 0;
	_disabled = false;
	if (damage _vehicle > 0.9) then {
		_disabled = true;
	} else {
		__Trans(transportAmmo);
		if (_trans > 0) then {
			_vehicle setAmmoCargo 1;
#ifdef __MANDO__
			_msl = _vehicle getVariable "mando_source_level";
			if (isNil "_msl") then {_msl = 0};
			if (_msl < 20) then {
				_vehicle setVariable ["mando_source_level", 100];
				["d_man_r", _vehicle] call XNetCallEvent;
			};
#endif
		};
		__Trans(transportRepair);
		if (_trans > 0) then {
			_vehicle setRepairCargo 1;
		};
		__Trans(transportFuel);
		if (_trans > 0) then {
			_vehicle setFuelCargo 1;
		};
	};

_empty = _vehicle call XfGetVehicleEmpty;

if (_empty && !_disabled && alive _vehicle && (_vehicle call XOutOfBounds)) then {
		_outb = _vehicle getVariable "D_OUT_OF_SPACE";
		if (_outb != -1) then {
			if (time > _outb) then {_disabled = true};
		} else {
			_vehicle setVariable ["D_OUT_OF_SPACE", time + 600];
		};
	} else {
	};

sleep 0.01;

#ifdef __ACE__
	_aliveve = if (!isNil {_vehicle getVariable "ace_canmove"}) then {_vehicle call ace_v_alive} else {alive _vehicle};
#else
	_aliveve = alive _vehicle;
#endif

if ((_disabled && _empty) || (_empty && !_aliveve)) then {
		_number_v = _d_vec_a select 1;
		_hasbox = [_vehicle, "d_ammobox", false] call XfGetVar;
		if (_hasbox) then {["ammo_boxes",__XJIPGetVar(ammo_boxes) - 1] call XNetSetJIP};
		_respawntimer = _vehicle getVariable "d_respawntimer";
			_dhqcamo = [_vehicle, "D_MHQ_Camo", objNull] call XfGetVar;
			if (!isNull _dhqcamo) then {deleteVehicle _dhqcamo};
		};
#ifndef __CARRIER__
		_camo = _vehicle getVariable "d_camonet";
		if (!isNil "_camo") then {deleteVehicle _camo;_camo = objNull} else {_camo = objNull};
#endif
		_isitlocked = _vehicle getVariable "d_vec_islocked";
		sleep 0.1;
		deletevehicle _vehicle;
		sleep 0.5;
		[_vehicle,_d_vec_a,_number_v,/*d_vec_array,*/_respawntimer,_isitlocked,_i] spawn {
			_vehicle = _this select 0;
			_d_vec_a = _this select 1;
			_number_v = _this select 2;
//				d_vec_array = _this select 3;
			_respawntimer = _this select 3;
			_isitlocked = _this select 4;
			_i = _this select 5;
			["d_v_rs",[0,[(_d_vec_a select 4),0] call XfGetDisplayName,_respawntimer/60]] call XNetCallEvent;
			_vehicle = objNull;
			sleep _respawntimer;
			_vehicle = createVehicle [(_d_vec_a select 4), (_d_vec_a select 2), [], 0, "NONE"];
#ifndef __CARRIER__
			_vehicle setpos (_d_vec_a select 2);
#else
			if (_number_v > 9) then {
				_vehicle setPos (_d_vec_a select 3);
			} else {
				_vehicle setPosASL [(_d_vec_a select 2) select 0, (_d_vec_a select 2) select 1, 15.9];
			};
#endif
			_vehicle setdir (_d_vec_a select 3);
				_vehicle addeventhandler ["killed", {(_this select 0) setVariable ["D_MHQ_Deployed",false,true]}];
			};
			_d_vec_a set [0, _vehicle];
			d_vec_array set [_i, _d_vec_a];
			_vehicle setVariable ["d_vec", _number_v, true];
			_vehicle setVariable ["d_respawntimer", _respawntimer];
			_vehicle setAmmoCargo 0;
			clearMagazineCargo _vehicle;
			clearWeaponCargo _vehicle;
			_vehicle setVariable ["d_vec_islocked", _isitlocked];
			if (_isitlocked) then {_vehicle lock true};
			["d_n_v", _vehicle] call XNetCallEvent;
			["d_v_rs",[1,[typeOf _vehicle,0] call XfGetDisplayName,(round(_respawntimer * (call XPlayersNumber) / 600)) max 1]] call XNetCallEvent;

#ifdef __TT__
			if (_number_v < 100) then {
				_vehicle addeventhandler ["killed", {_this call x_checkveckillwest}];
			} else {
				_vehicle addeventhandler ["killed", {_this call x_checkveckilleast}];
			};
#endif
#ifndef __CARRIER__
/*
			if (isNull _camo) then {
				_camotype = switch (getNumber (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> typeOf _vehicle >> "side")) do {
					case 1: {if (__OAVer) then {"Land_CamoNetB_NATO_EP1"} else {"Land_CamoNetB_NATO"}};
					case 0: {if (__OAVer) then {"Land_CamoNetB_EAST_EP1"} else {"Land_CamoNetB_EAST"}};
				};
				_camo = createVehicle [_camotype, position _vehicle, [], 0, "NONE"];
				_camo setPos position _vehicle;
				_camo setDir (direction _vehicle) + 180;
				_vehicle setVariable ["d_camonet", _camo];
			};
*/
#endif
			_kind = typeOf _vehicle;
			switch (_kind) do {
				case "HMMWV_Ambulance_DES_EP1": {_vehicle setVehicleInit "xxx = [this] execVM ""bat\Refill_MHQ.sqf"""; processInitCommands;};
				case "HMMWV_Terminal_EP1": {_vehicle setVehicleInit "xxx = [this] execVM ""bat\Refill_MHQ.sqf"""; processInitCommands;};
				case "MtvrRefuel_DES_EP1": {_vehicle setVehicleInit "xxx = [this] execVM ""bat\Refill_TruckAmmo.sqf"""; processInitCommands;};
				case "MtvrRepair_DES_EP1": {_vehicle setVehicleInit "xxx = [this] execVM ""bat\Refill_TruckAmmo.sqf"""; processInitCommands;};
				case "MtvrReammo_DES_EP1": {_vehicle setVehicleInit "xxx = [this] execVM ""bat\Refill_TruckAmmo.sqf"""; processInitCommands;};
				case "MTVR_DES_EP1": {_vehicle setVehicleInit "xxx = [this] execVM ""bat\Refill_TruckSquad.sqf"""; processInitCommands;};
				case "MtvrSupply_DES_EP1": {_vehicle setVehicleInit "xxx = [this] execVM ""bat\Refill_TruckEng.sqf"""; processInitCommands;};
				case "M1129_MC_EP1": {_vehicle setVehicleInit "this addEventHandler [""fired"",{_this + [nearestObject [_this select 0,_this select 4]] spawn DOM_EH_Fired}]"; processInitCommands;};
			};
		};
	};
	sleep 8 + random 5;
};
};

Relevant part of init.sqf:

// editor varname, unique number
//0-9 = MHQ, 10-19 = Medic vehicles, 20-29 = Fuel, Repair, Reammo trucks, 30-39 = Engineer Salvage trucks, 40-49 = Transport trucks
[
	[xvec1,0,60],[xvec7,1,60],
	[xmedvec,10,240],
	[xvec3,20,120],[xvec4,21,120],[xvec5,22,120],
	[xvec6,30,180],
	[xvec9,40,60],[xvec10,41,30],[xvec11,42,90],[xvec12,43,90],[xvec2,44,300]
] execVM "x_server\x_vrespawn2.sqf";

And the text event, in x_client\x_setupplayer.sqf:

[2, "d_v_rs", { //short for d_vehicle_respawn
switch (_this select 0) do {
	case 0: {format ["A %1 has been destroyed. A new one will be delivered at base in about %2 minutes.", _this select 1, _this select 2] call XfHQChat};
	case 1: {format ["A %1 has been delivered to your base. Keep this one alive! NIP worth %2 points.", _this select 1, _this select 2] call XfHQChat}; //NIP - Not Implemented Punishment :p
}
}] call XNetAddEvent;

I'm aware that new "d_v_rs" should probably be merged with "d_n_v", and that my processInitCommands should probably be executed there (in another way) instead, but I just want to keep things simple for now.

Problem: Sometimes my NIP value comes up with scalar, and when that happens I get respawn message even if the vehicle was already respawned. Seems to me the main loop sees the destroyed vehicle and spawns yet another process.

Question: How do I prevent this from taking place?

Whats wrong with people?

I enjoy coop. I can't stand PvP where most players tweak the settings to be most efficient instead of giving them the most immersion. So when I go for immersion, that is obviously going to put me in a disadvantage and get me killed.

I guess that's what's wrong with me...

Seeing zach72's post... Am I the only one going for less conveniences? The game mode is already far too convenient already. Why don't we just give everyone a nuke? That way we don't have to do anything at all and just watch the fireworks. Yikes...

Edited by CarlGustaffa

I enjoy coop too , full on pvp is generally pretty bad in arma but domination tvt works well I think. It's a nice mix of both worlds.

I dunno anything about tweaking settings or whatever you mean there , I assumed everyone on the server shares the same such settings.

I just get the impression a lot of people in can't take getting killed by human players and prefer the soft fluffy predictable world of coop to save a bruised ego.

My whats 'wrong' with people comment was more towards those already playing tvt domination who when faced with aggressive blood thirsty human opponents, instead of meeting them with the same vigor , run away or rage quit etc etc. Never to try team domination again :(

@ Durka, that sounds pretty interesting.

Anyway I was just wondering if theres a more general explanation for the hate for tvt domination. This threads more about editing domination so I don't wanna drag it off topic.

Edited by Sisko!

Some of the best games I've had involve me and a friend joining a tvt dom server , with everyone on bluefor and me and my mate being the only ones man enough to join opfor and waging a guerrilla campaign against the blufor team and their MHQ's and transport heli's as well as trying to take the towns ourselves.

Hugely fun.

But then the other team eventually gets sick of getting destroyed by two guys and inevitably change the server back to coop 1 team domination :rolleyes: zzzz

Whats wrong with people?

TVT domination is so much better. Far more intense!

It's gotten to the stage where we join empty servers and vote for a tvt domination match. And wait for ages till someone finally joins the server and joins the other team.

But sometimes instead of joining the other team they join us. wtf? I really don't understand it. If I joined a tvt dom server and there was 50 guys on 1 team and no one on the other I would instantly join the empty team, more people to kill.

You are SO right. TvT is the hidden gem in this game. Perhaps it's because it s a Domination mission that many overlook it.

My guys and I are modding TT to make it even better. We've only been at it a few weeks so there's some way to go, but we already have a playable game and as you say, it's great fun.

It needs a lot of tweaking to discourage teams from getting bogged down attacking the other team and many of the side missions need optimising, but I'm convinced this has the makings of a great mission.

I'm trying to change the units that are able to operate the artillery. I can see the place in i_client.sqf that I have to alter to add the ability to a character but it doesn't seem to be working properly.

d_can_use_artillery = ["RESCUE2","alpha_6"];

Doesn't seem to add anything to the action menu of alpha_6. Is it setup somewhere else as well?

I'm trying to change the units that are able to operate the artillery. I can see the place in i_client.sqf that I have to alter to add the ability to a character but it doesn't seem to be working properly.

d_can_use_artillery = ["RESCUE2","alpha_6"];

Doesn't seem to add anything to the action menu of alpha_6. Is it setup somewhere else as well?

This is one of the places Xeno really screwed up. He made the can_use_artillery variable, but then ignores it in later scripts.

You need to look for further occurrences of RESCUE and RESCUE2 and you'll see what I mean. There's a check to see if a player is mentioned in can_use_artillery AND THEN is his name "RESCUE" or "RESCUE2". So basically, no matter what you put in that variable, only rescue can call arty.

I reported it a number of times, but Xeno saw fit not to fix it. Ho hum.

Anyway, I do have a fix for it which I'll let you have when I get home, or you might manage to fix it yourself now you know how it's broken.

This is one of the places Xeno really screwed up.

Heresy? :eek:

Anyway, I do have a fix for it which I'll let you have when I get home, or you might manage to fix it yourself now you know how it's broken.

Hopefully I can find it, feel free to send me the fix though. At the rate I'm going I'll probably break something horribly badly.

Found the issue... Fixed it. Thanks guys.

Look at it this way Xeno. Not only have you provided endless hours of enjoyment for the trigger pullers, you have also provided endless hours of "enjoyment" for people like me who play about with the code :)