Tankbuster

Editing, Expanding and Modifying Domination

At the base, the other side of the runway, in the camp where the artillery radar, there is a US flag, I want to change to another flag, but can not find your name on files.

Can anyone tell me how to find this flag?

Greetings.-

At the base, the other side of the runway, in the camp where the artillery radar, there is a US flag, I want to change to another flag, but can not find your name on files.

Can anyone tell me how to find this flag?

Greetings.-

I believe what is being used is a composition. So, if you want to change the flag, you may have to somehow change the composition. I could be wrong, but that's what it looks like.

I believe you can find it in i_common.sqf around line 177.

BTW, I fixed the issue. It's not enough to edit the class numbers of just the ones you want in order, but you have to make sure all the classes are in order.

Details please?

can anyone shed any light on this,as i cannot seem to find anything releating to it

There's an updated Dom version available on dev-heaven for some days, version 2.54, which has all fixes included that were adressed in this thread and adds correct respawn for units that have BI backpacks plus a feature which removes 3rd person view even on servers that have it enabled (only if you are outside of a vehicle).

Additionally the ARTY module was removed and engineers use the new BI engineer feature.

engineers use the new BI engineer feature.

That's because there is nothing to add. If you compare the old version with the new version you'll see that a lot of the old engineer stuff has been removed. The new engineer stuff happens automatically if you're an engineer.

The differences:

* Old engineer could repair all vehicles fully (once per restored capability) and refuel vehicles.

* New engineer can repair most vehicles always (I think some are missing due to bugs I hope will be fixed), but only to about 65%, but not refuel (I think).

I'm not sure if the refuel thingy is as needed anymore as it was back in Arma1 when any damage would cause a massive (and unrealistic) fuel leak.Maybe someone can check this?

I really wouldn't call the new Engineer abilities a replacement for DOM's Engineer repair features.

It's really only useful for things like your ATV flips and busts a tire. Now you can repair the tire and get on your way without using up the one time repair feature from DOM that you'll need to repair that helo some moron crashes coz he doesn't understand how a MHQ works. :)

reason why i ask this,

I ran the 2.54 version west a1 and west ace ai on my servers yesterday

so if you come in as an engineer, you are unable to repair anything unless you bring a repair truck to what you are trying to repairing.

so thats why i thought new engineers feature meant that you had to something else via an engineers action menu sort of thing

or maybe that the maps have a bug in them not allowing engineers to repair, with 2 maps doing it i have to assume its a parameter change somewhere

unless there is a parameter that i could change

Edited by ballou

Define "not able to repair anything". I admit I haven't played 2.54 yet (only checked its code), but the couple of things I noticed I wasn't able to repair was the Stryker MEV and the UN M113 Ambulance (which is my MHQ/MRV of choice). Other damaged vehicles I was able to repair as engineer. I didn't test anything in multiplayer though.

@kylania:

Iirc the engineer repairing system was put in just for that event when a heli crashed (and lost all its fuel) back in Arma1. You might not have any choppers around (I think this was before respawning abandoned choppers as well) to get the needed trucks to site in reasonable time.

Having "engineers running about fixing stolen enemy vehicles" is to me a heavy exploit of the intended use, and to me have always posed a problem on how the mission was played. Why do you think there was a need to limit repairs to only once per refill? There are in vanilla Domination two of each support truck - use them.

Ok, so maybe the role of engineers have evolved since Arma1 (6 engineers? I only have two, lol). But I can't honestly say it has evolved to the better, only making gameplay even faster than it already was. I prefer the features and possibilities of the updated Domination, but I have to say I enjoyed far more the "old way of playing it".

Edited by CarlGustaffa

i_common doesn't #include "setup.sqf"

Should it?

Details please?

I thought I did, lol. When you go into the mission.sqm, and you want to rearrange the way the units appear on the multiplayer setup screen, just cut/paste all those units you want to change, then order the classitem number accordingly.

class Groups

{

items=15;

class Item0

{

side="LOGIC";

class Vehicles

{

items=1;

class Item0

{

position[]={5318.2012,70.42215,12081.871};

special="NONE";

id=0;

side="LOGIC";

vehicle="Logic";

leader=1;

lock="UNLOCKED";

skill=0.60000002;

text="Server";

};

};

};

class Item1

{

side="EAST";

class Vehicles

{

items=1;

class Item0

{

presence=0;

position[]={-3322.917,625.42108,12736.04};

azimut=-25.4258;

special="NONE";

id=1;

side="EAST";

vehicle="TK_Soldier_EP1";

leader=1;

skill=0.33333331;

};

};

};

class Item2

{

side="WEST";

class Vehicles

{

items=1;

class Item0

{

presence=0;

position[]={-3219.3059,614.04291,12928.37};

azimut=-25.4258;

special="NONE";

id=2;

side="WEST";

vehicle="US_Soldier_EP1";

leader=1;

skill=0.33333331;

};

};

};

@HulkingUnicorn

you clicking on the "DomOA_2_54.7z"file,rrrrrright?

Not on "OA Only Version 2.54, up for some time because of patch 1.54" ...

I clicked the latter version. Doesn't really matter now though, as the entire files section is gone from dev heaven again anyways.

I've just discovered why M203 grenades don't go into the Domination backpacks - if you too have been missing the business end of your EGLM rifles when carrying AT rockets then the fix is in the spoiler:

In x_client\x_backpack.sqf find the 2 bits of code that read:

if (count _muzzles == 2) then {
		_mag_types = getArray(configFile>> "cfgWeapons" >> _primary >> (_muzzles select 1) >> "magazines");
		{_tou = toUpper _x;if (_tou in _mag_types) then {_mags_backpack set [count _mags_backpack, _tou]}} forEach _magazines;
	};

and change them to:

if (count _muzzles == 2) then {
		_mag_types = getArray(configFile>> "cfgWeapons" >> _primary >> (_muzzles select 1) >> "magazines");
		[color="Red"]for "_ii" from 0 to (count _mag_types) - 1 do {_mag_types set [_ii, toUpper(_mag_types select _ii)]};[/color]
		{_tou = toUpper _x;if (_tou in _mag_types) then {_mags_backpack set [count _mags_backpack, _tou]}} forEach _magazines;
	};

Oh the joys of the same bit of kit being listed in different case depending on whether you're looking at the ammo or the weapon that fires it...

On the engineer front, with the new engineer repairs from BIS you'll only be able to repair vehicles that are quite severely damaged and then only to get them back into an orange state instead of red. Personally I much prefer the old Domination repairing so I've put it back in in my version. Am about to embark on a thorough "testing" session, if it all works nicely I'll post the changes I made either later tonight or tomorrow.

Well I removed the old engineer stuff long before 2.54, keeping only the FARP and vehicle flip (which I assume is broken, but I haven't looked into it yet) :p

We have two methods for repairs:

1. Bring one of two repair and ammo trucks with you if no engineer is present.

2. If engineer present, have him build a FARP. He can repair vehicles to 65%, then they have to visit FARP for the rest.

The original code was put in there in Arma1 for the unlucky event that a chopper was hit and lost all its fuel, having some means of bringing it back into action within reasonable time. The old repair to 100% is not needed anymore since fuel leaks are no longer a problem - no more fuel leaks from any kind of damage. Let players take responsibility for their actions and have them bring trucks to get things done, and let them suffer a bit if they don't.

How engineers are used now I classify as a problematic area on how Domination is played. It all played out with a lot more fun in Arma1 (despite lack of features) than it does today. Why not give everyone infinite self healing capabilities as well? Yeah, that's how bad I think the engineers were. The "no more mr magic man" approach from BIS seems far better. The only thing that really annoys me is why the hell I didn't think of it first :D

in the newest domination theres so much i want to ask lol.

for one...can u release ur lift script as a stand alone haha or has some one been able to detach it successfully?

also i wanted to remove all militia and just have standard takistan units....maybe make the takistan have a main base were its units spawn and then move on from there?.

also the para drops to be done by the takistan air craft not a chopper...its in "air" "takistan army" "an somthing".

Yes, CG. Certainly for TT, the engineer stuff is comprehensively borked. Whether this is broken by the new 2.54 mission or the patch I can't say.

We're having a really good think about engineers and more widely, about the whole vehicle service thing. Attack aircraft can offload it's ordnance and get rearmed far too quickly but there are many other things we are looking at.

@Pte Frank [3para]:

Shouldn't be a problem grabbing it and see what happens, as long as you include the needed parameters that makes it work. Array of liftable vehicles, what can lift etc.

Search for d_allmen_* in i_server.sqf, and remove the group definitions you don't want. You might also want to search for INS_EP1 and get rid of the vehicles.

Search for d_transport_chopper in i_server and replace the chopper with "An2_TK_EP1" to get the Antonov. I don't think I had to do something special about setting an initial velocity. You might want to move yourself into its cargo when it spawns and check how it behaves.

@Tankbuster:

Just tested vanilla engineer repairs in multiplayer. Messed up the ammo truck a little and was able to make it drivable again. Are the engineers in the TT version "real" engineers, or was a rifleman class used due to lack of engineers in the config (similar to how russia lacks engineers and the new factions lacks medics)?

And yes, I agree. I think I'll go back to something else for FARP class (maybe just a container or something that the enemy will target) and base refills on the reload script/trigger creation. If players bother to bring the ammo trucks out, they'll get rewarded with faster reloads. I have variable reload factors as well, with 6x for cars (HMMWVs), 10x for armor (Bradleys, no MBTs used), and 16x for air vehicles (UH60, no jets or gunships used except those you steal at side missions). It takes tiiiiiiiiiimmmmeeee to reload in my version :)

Edited by CarlGustaffa

Did you test TT, CG? Yes, the TT engineers are real ones. We have US army and Taki Army, who both have genuine engineers.

2.54 has brought a world of hurt for me. This gvar stuff makes it needlessly unreadable for someone of my abilities, I've rolled back my private SVN to a 2.29 version and will branch from there. Certainly I'll look closely at new features in future releases, but I won't be just blindly merging them in.

This gvar stuff makes it needlessly unreadable for someone of my abilities

No magic behind it...

GVAR(whatever) in Dom is the same as d_whatever

GVAR just expands the parameter to a global variable with a "namespace", in case of Dom it just adds an d_ in front of the variable.

It doesn't matter if it is a normal global variable in a script or if it is class name in description.ext.

Xeno

No, didn't test TT. We don't have it on our server. All I know is that the vanilla repair is broken for certain vehicles, i.e. the Stryker MEV and UN M113 Ambulance (might be others); can't be repaired by engineers. I'm hoping this is something a patch will fix.

Hehe, yeah that GVAR stuff is hard to read. Looking at the macros it seems to me that all it does is prefix d_ to the variable, at which point I fail to see the purpose. I'm dropping this one too, it's becoming far too complex to read. Most of the other changes (I missed one of the kb_tell trues though) was already in, but will add the stuff that is missing - at least anything not dealing with GVAR :p

Edit:

@Xeno: I understand what it does, it's just that there are 269 occurrences of it to modify, and it creates so many bug possibilities if I don't get it right. Call me lazy if you want :p

Edited by CarlGustaffa

@Xeno: I understand what it does, it's just that there are 269 occurrences of it to modify, and it creates so many bug possibilities if I don't get it right. Call me lazy if you want :p

I had no motivation anymore to switch all global vars to GVAR. Want to finally burry Dom.

Xeno

@Pte Frank [3para]:

@Tankbuster:

Just tested vanilla engineer repairs in multiplayer. Messed up the ammo truck a little and was able to make it drivable again. Are the engineers in the TT version "real" engineers, or was a rifleman class used due to lack of engineers in the config (similar to how russia lacks engineers and the new factions lacks medics)?

And yes, I agree. I think I'll go back to something else for FARP class (maybe just a container or something that the enemy will target) and base refills on the reload script/trigger creation. If players bother to bring the ammo trucks out, they'll get rewarded with faster reloads. I have variable reload factors as well, with 6x for cars (HMMWVs), 10x for armor (Bradleys, no MBTs used), and 16x for air vehicles (UH60, no jets or gunships used except those you steal at side missions). It takes tiiiiiiiiiimmmmeeee to reload in my version :)

It's a hard sell, but hopefully folks will get used to it.

I finally got confirmation. There is something wrong behind the airki spawn logic. If you take out the radio tower at the first target without getting airki triggered, that target will continue without airki support (as expected). But the moment the next target is spawned, airki will/might start and send in something even though we haven't been spotted at the target yet. I guess it should check also that the target is finished setting up.

Xeno,

I know what GVAR does and how it works, it just that there's no compelling reason to use it because It's hard to read and understand. I can see how it would help future expansion, but you say you don't work on the mission any more.

Then again, you claim you want to bury the mission, yet you've just added references to all the BAF stuff, albeit remarked out. :)

I don't want to sound ungrateful because I'm really not. For many players, Domination is the showcase for this game, but perhaps unintentionally, the use of GVAR and similar tokens mean that the code and coding techniques are so obfuscated I can no longer learn from it and that's a real shame.

---------- Post added at 08:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 AM ----------

Hey guys,

Just wondering, is there a possibility to skip the intro movie?

I'm going to look into the having the player skip the intro movie if they have already played and are on the score sheet.

The intro movie is useful for new players as it gives them a quick overview of the base layout (I have changed mine) so it's easier for them to find their feet in the first few minutes. After that, I think they'd rather get in on the action.

But I wonder if the movie is there to delay the player while there's a bunch of scripts initialising and running in the background?

I'm going to look into the having the player skip the intro movie if they have already played and are on the score sheet.

The intro movie is useful for new players as it gives them a quick overview of the base layout (I have changed mine) so it's easier for them to find their feet in the first few minutes. After that, I think they'd rather get in on the action.

But I wonder if the movie is there to delay the player while there's a bunch of scripts initialising and running in the background?

Most of us already know how to walk around the base with their eyes closed :) But it's possible that some scripts have to be completed first. The intro is defined in x_client\x_intro.sqf right?

How did you change your intro?

> Ok skipping the intro seems to work. I edited the file x_client/x_intro.sqf like this. I'm not sure if this breaks anything, I seem to get an objective, so all seems well.

// by Xeno

#include "x_setup.sqf"

skipIntro = 1;

if (!skipIntro)

{

/// the remaining code in the file

}; // don't forget to close the if(!skipIntro) statement

> Ok after testing a bit more I realized that the intro really does something, so ignore above code. It will break the respawn to base/mhq1/mhq2 possibility. For now I'll just leave the intro as it is :)

Edited by dikkeduif