Tankbuster

Editing, Expanding and Modifying Domination

I use Dropbox myself. Very good speeds and something like 1gb of storage.

Cheers Nutta. Id like to request fixed version of your co30_Domination_2_28A2_West_R_OA.Takistan.

Thanks heaps.

---------- Post added at 03:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 PM ----------

Or could you at least paste your whole XFacRebuild.fsm in here for us to copy, ive got the rest working it seems :yay:

anyone advice on that airdrop? or am i the only one with that problem?

no airdrop on DOMI ACE 2.28 is normal? or is there a fix for it?

They work just fine for me. Make sure you didn't mess up x_drop_array in i_common.sqf

Are you playing TT? There's no airdrop in TT.

@{SAS}Nutta: Consider the fix for intel reports as well if you're releasing a new version. Fix goes like this in x_client\_x_shotstatus.sqf:

_iar = __XJIPGetVar(d_searchintel);
_intels = "";
_tmp = "";
for "_i" from 0 to (count _iar) - 1 do {
if ((_iar select _i) == 1) then {
	_tmp = switch (_i) do {
		case 0: {"- Codenames for launching saboteur attacks on or base"};
		case 1: {"- Codename for airdrop to provide early warning whenever the enemy sends airdropped troops to the main target"};
		case 2: {"- Codename for attack planes to provide early warning whenever the enemy sends an attack plane to the main target"};
		case 3: {"- Codename for attack helicopters to provide early warning whenever the enemy sends an attack chopper to the main target"};
		case 4: {"- Codename for light attack helicopters to provide early warning whenever the enemy sends a light attack chopper to the main target"};
		case 5: {"- Provide grid information on where the enemy is calling in artillery support."};
		case 6: {"- Ability to track enemy vehicle patrols, but we don't know their configuration. Check the map."};
	};
	_intels = _intels + _tmp + "\n\n";
sleep 0.234;
};
};

The _tmp thingy is the new stuff. Otherwise the show intel box will only show the last "bit" of intel instead of all that has been found. Also added an extra carriage return.

Seems not many are aware of it, but you can find intel on "kill the governor" kind of main target secondary missions, by searching his body (via action menu).

I included your fixes and seems to work. I know I fixed the chopper thing ages ago myself, but somehow was back to vanilla again :)

it seems to be working now... :)

a releave tho' remains a question, probably script did not load properly.

Another question guys,

more of a general question, but since i am editing a domination mission

you guys can help me out:

I added f16's in the OA domi,

so i made a @folder and copied addons in, etc.

And it works fine on the server BUT,

only people who have the addon (or mod) aswel can join the server.

i know this is normal because it is setup as a mod and

I wonder if there is a way to put an addon in the server so everyone who hasn't got the f16 addon will download it from the server and join after that. kind of like a mission you didn't play yet.

1.is it possible?

2.How?

maybe i can mix it in the domination mission so it is in the PBO?

No, each player has to download and install the addon before they join the server,

I'm trying to make a few adjustments to Dom just for personal taste reasons but I'm kinda falling at the first hurdle. I'm using the x_setup.sqf and then running the .bat as it comments say I should.

#include "x_macros.sqf"

// edit this file and then run setupcopy.bat

// uncomment to show markers for sidemissions, main targets, etc.
//#define __DEBUG__

// uncomment to build the Two Teams version
//#define __TT__

// uncomment the corresponding #define preprocessor command
// use only one at a time
// comment all for the Two Teams version
#define __OWN_SIDE_WEST__
//#define __OWN_SIDE_EAST__
//#define __OWN_SIDE_GUER__

// uncomment the corresponding #define preprocessor command
// select which version you want to create
// you can uncomment multiple versions
//#define __AI__
#define __REVIVE__
//#define __ACE__
//#define __WOUNDS__
#define __OA__ // OA Only version
//#define __MANDO__

// uncomment if you want a ranked version like in Evolution
#define __RANKED__

// for Carrier Domi
//#define __CARRIER__

// #define __DEFAULT__ for the default Chernarus version
// uncomment the corresponding preprocessor command for the version you want. Default is __DEFAULT__
// use only one at a time
//#define __DEFAULT__
//#define __EVERON__

#define __D_VER_NAME__ "Domination! One Team - West OA"
//#define __D_VER_NAME__ "Domination! One Team - A.C.E."
//#define __D_VER_NAME__ "Domination! One Team - West AI"
//#define __D_VER_NAME__ "Domination! One Team - West REVIVE"
//#define __D_VER_NAME__ "Domination! One Team - East"
//#define __D_VER_NAME__ "Domination! One Team - East AI"
//#define __D_VER_NAME__ "Domination! One Team - East Revive"
//#define __D_VER_NAME__ "Domination! Two Teams"

// uncomment, if you want the old intro
//#define __OLD_INTRO__

// if true then the old engineer (faster) script gets used
//#define __ENGINEER_OLD__

// respawn delay after death
// doesn't get used in the revive version
#define D_RESPAWN_DELAY 20

//#define __SMMISSIONS_MARKER__

When I run the .bat and then repack the pbo I get a dozen errors when I try and start the map. What am I doing wrong?

What are the errors? Are you uncommenting the ACE define without having ACE installed?

I'm guessing he's trying to activate revive (since revive version name is still commented) without having the revive folder and additional files.

What was the version you're trying to build from, and what was the errors.

Isn't revive a separate build?

What are the errors? Are you uncommenting the ACE define without having ACE installed?

I was trying to make Ranked Revive without Wounds but I've given up on the Dom Maker thing, can't figure it out, I just unPBOed OA Revive and edited that. The errors I was getting were to do with "d_sm_bonus_vehicle_array" and "d_mt_bonus_vehicle_array". I'm guessing it was trying to use Arma 2 vehicles when I'm running OA but I had #define __OA__ and I tried with and without #define _default_ so I dunno why.

Anyway, doesn't matter now, I worked around it. New question. I'm trying to set up Domination as a 4 player coop as I play it on a LAN with my house mates. To this end I'm trying to combine a couple of the classes. For example I gave the Squad Leader the ability to create Mash Tents like this -

// can build mash
#ifndef __TT__
d_is_medic = ["alpha_1","alpha_6","bravo_6","charlie_6","echo_6"];
#else
d_is_medic = ["west_6","east_6","west_17","east_17"];
#endif

Where Alpha 1 is the squad leader, which works perfectly well, but I also want to add MG nests to engineers. I tried this

// can build mg nest
#ifndef __TT__
d_can_use_mgnests = if !(__ACEVer) then {
["alpha_3","alpha_7","charlie_3","charlie_7","bravo_4","echo_3","echo_7"]
} else {
["delta_1","alpha_3","alpha_7","charlie_7","bravo_4","echo_7"]
};
#else
d_can_use_mgnests = ["west_3","west_7","west_18","east_3","east_7","east_18"];
#endif

Where delta_1 is the engineer, which should work in the exact same way, but it doesn't for some reason...what am I missing? Also, can anyone tell me how to edit the points needed and the points removed for being able to use/using the special abilities?

I would like to make it so that for example the Squad leader gets the ability to create the Mash Tent at 20 points and Air Drop at 80 and I'd like to reduce the cost of Air Drops as well. I see a few settings in i_client.sqf but it's only a handful of the abilties/costs that are in the game.

Sorry for all the really basic questions and thanks for the help and the thread Tankbuster.

Oh also, fantastic work on the bug fixes Nutta, much needed after Xeno's sad departure.

---------- Post added at 06:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

Are you playing TT? There's no airdrop in TT.

I get the exact same problem as Green when trying to play Ace, It's definitely not the TT version.

The Air Drop command is there, and it works in as much as you can click it and the dialogue starts, you wait for the drop, the plane flies over, you get the dialogue telling you that the drop is complete but nothing drops from the plane, it just flies off.

Edited by Ringosis
P.S

Cheers Nutta. Id like to request fixed version of your co30_Domination_2_28A2_West_R_OA.Takistan.

I would appreciate this very much, just 2.28 with your bug fixes.

I'm guessing he's trying to activate revive (since revive version name is still commented) without having the revive folder and additional files.

What was the version you're trying to build from, and what was the errors.

I didn't see your reply there Carl. That is what I was trying to do but I had the revive folder and additional files needed. It's all sorted now. I figured out what I was doing wrong with the MG nest as well. Only thing I'm stuck with now is the points thing.

I've figured out how to set the points needed to buy specific abilities but I'd really like to be able to have the abilities unlock at certain ranks. For example I can set the MG nest to cost 20 points to deploy and it's not possible to deploy it until you get 20 points, but what I would like is to keep the cost of deploying the nest at 20 points but raise the points you need to deploy up to around 80.

Also could anyone tell me if I were to open the map in the in game editor and just delete all but 4 of the playable soldiers would that cause major problems?

Hi edit the domi 2.28 for my self to use all air vehicles on start. The respawn is working fine. I put the AH1Z on the map.

I can fly it and when i set respawn time to zero after crash it respawns in base. My problem is when i set the respawn,

just say 1 hour for example, i can't lift the wreck with the wreck chopper. But the AH64 is going fine with the wreck chopper.

Hope someone can help me.

You can only lift the wrecks of vehicle types you can get as rewards. However, you shouldn't use the wreck repair on vehicles that are respawning because you'll end up with clones.

Quick note to readers. 2.29 is on Domination Dev Hev for a short time. :)

---------- Post added at 11:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 PM ----------

You can only lift the wrecks of vehicle types you can get as rewards. However, you shouldn't use the wreck repair on vehicles that are respawning because you'll end up with clones.

Just remove the classnames of the respawning vehicles from the wreck heli lift array and pray that one doesn't crash and burn on the wreck repair point. :)

Great news about 2.29 but is there anywhere to read whats been fixed i.e. has all these fixes been included like repair buildings able to be repaired and engineer not building farps after first death etc etc..

Looks like 2.29 has almost all the fixes mentioned earlier (support building repair + location, FARPs after death, missing intel, artillery drop marker and probably more) except for the abandoned chopper respawn timer which only needs one line adding now. New fix for that in the spoiler:

Xeno fixed the timing logic but it's still missing the start position so never thinks the chopper left its pad.

In x_server/x_helirespawn2.sqf line 44:

_empty_respawn = _vec_a select 3;
if (_empty && _vehicle distance _startpos > 10 && _empty_respawn == -1) then {

change to:

_empty_respawn = _vec_a select 3;
_startpos = _vec_a select 4;
if (_empty && _vehicle distance _startpos > 10 && _empty_respawn == -1) then {

and all should be well.

I'm trying to make a few adjustments to Dom just for personal taste reasons but I'm kinda falling at the first hurdle. I'm using the x_setup.sqf and then running the .bat as it comments say I should.

When I run the .bat and then repack the pbo I get a dozen errors when I try and start the map. What am I doing wrong?

You might have been missing FSMCompiler.exe from the BI tools - it needs to either be in your path or copied into the dom_maker directory in order for the FSMs to work.

Edited by {SAS}Nutta
clarified heli respawn edit

I Know and i put the AH1Z into sm_bonus_vehicle_array:

d_sm_bonus_vehicle_array = (
#ifdef __DEFAULT__
switch (d_own_side) do {
	case "GUER": {["A10","AH1Z","UH1Y","AV8B","AV8B2", "F35B", "M1A2_TUSK_MG","M1A1"]};
	case "WEST": {
		switch (true) do {
			case (__OAVer): {
				if (__ACEVer) then {
					["A10_US_EP1","AH1Z_EP1","AH64D_EP1","AH6J_EP1","M1A1_US_DES_EP1","M1A2_US_TUSK_MG_EP1","M6_EP1","ACE_M1A1HC_DESERT","ACE_M1A1HC_TUSK_DESERT","ACE_M1A1HC_TUSK_CSAMM_DESERT","ACE_M1A1HA_TUSK_CSAMM_DESERT","UH60M_EP1"]
				} else {
					["A10_US_EP1","AH1Z_EP1","AH64D_EP1","AH6J_EP1","M1A1_US_DES_EP1","M1A2_US_TUSK_MG_EP1","M6_EP1","UH60M_EP1"]
				}
			};
			case (__ACEVer): {
				["A10","AH1Z","UH1Y","AV8B","AV8B2", "F35B", "M1A2_TUSK_MG","M1A1", "AH64D", "ACE_Stryker_MGS_Slat" ,"ACE_Stryker_TOW","ACE_Stryker_TOW_MG","ACE_AH6_GAU19","ACE_AH6","ACE_AH1W_AGM_W","ACE_AH1W_AGM_D","ACE_M2A2_W","ACE_M2A2_D","ACE_M6A1_W","ACE_M6A1_D","ACE_AH1Z_AGM_D","ACE_AH1Z_AGM_AGM_D","ACE_AH1Z_AGM_AGM_W","ACE_M1A1HC_DESERT"]
			};
			default {
				["A10","AH1Z","UH1Y","AV8B","AV8B2", "F35B", "M1A2_TUSK_MG","M1A1","AH64D"]
			};

but it doesn't work.

It's not working because AH1Z_EP1 is not a valid vehicle class. EP1 denotes an Operation Arrowhead unit and the AH-1Z is not one of them. Change it to AH1Z and it should work.

[quote name={SAS}

You might have been missing FSMCompiler.exe from the BI tools - it needs to either be in your path or copied into the dom_maker directory in order for the FSMs to work.

AHA! THAT's why dommaker is broked! Good find. :)

Looks like 2.29 has almost all the fixes mentioned earlier (support building repair + location, FARPs after death, missing intel, artillery drop marker and probably more) except for the abandoned chopper respawn timer which only needs one line adding now.

It's working fine as it is, no need to add those two lines.

Xenbo