mikebart

mikebart's Project's

Amazing mikebart. Hopefully I can use your vegetation for my new Massacra island project? ;)

Amazing mikebart. Hopefully I can use your vegetation for my new Massacra island project? ;)

Icebreakr, you make my dreams come true every time you post. :eek:

Would LOVE to see a custom map with these amazing plants/rocks.

I think all map makers should go back and replace all BIS rocks with these. BIS rocks make me sad. :(

Dl'd from Armaholic. Crashes on me. Tried A2, OA and OA beta. Crashed on all three. What am I doing wrong?

Dl'd from Armaholic. Crashes on me. Tried A2, OA and OA beta. Crashed on all three. What am I doing wrong?

Did you install Mikebart's rock and vegetation pbo's ?

I got no problems personally.

Doh. Somehow my eyes glossed over the word Requirements in his post. I thought he had packed the veg and rocks in with the island pbo.

i LOVE the way the trees fade and go blurry, hell i love this island in general. It is amazing, the detail, the tussock fights!

just one or two problems, the fade in from totally blurred to clear but low detail looks a little odd on the trees... maybe they should still be blurred but less and less as u get closer?

And the notorious texture bugs, damn those things are hard to get rid of. I notice them on the edge of the tussock.

But congratulations! i hope many people start using this vegetation (hint hint) :yay:

Thanks SQB-SMA, pretty much all the issues you've mentioned there will be fixed in the next release, i've added 3 extra lods to the trees so you dont notice that popping between the the hard edged and soft edged alphas so much, and the problems with the tussock are fixed too.

For some reason i never noticed that project but no ive seen it let me say that for me this is one of the best A2 addons so far.

The trees are simply beautiful and if they dont look like crumpled paper on distance then thats even better.

Nothing kills immersion better than the BIS trees that look liek cutout cardbox on few hundred meters.

Anyway, looking forward to islands using these beautys!

hey mikebart,

will you make your addon usable for Arma2 editor,that would be great:bounce3:

greetz stephsen

hey mikebart,

will you make your addon usable for Arma2 editor,that would be great:bounce3:

greetz stephsen

Ill ask around about it and look into making a config for placing the objects in the editor stephsen.

Im not too sure how to do this properly with trees. I can make them placable in the editor via a config, but as far as I know they have to be classed as a house, so they wont behave like trees, they wont be affected by wind and will be destroyed the same way as a building (dropping into the ground with lots of dust) at least that the only way i've known to do it in the past.

I guess this wont be a problem as long as they're imported into a terrain in visitor and included in the terrain.pew.

This seems to be the way things are heading, with the ability to place objects and arrange them in the editor, then import them into visitor thanks to shezans work on World Tools.

understand !.... oh it could not be easier... for ofp, there was a tool WRP-tool think I meant it.

visitor is so heavy ... I just do not come so clearly i try it with this arma2 tool try try try :o

Anyone else getting some "ILS" error? Apart from that everything works perfect, its putting the ArmA graphic to a new level.

EDIT: Ah yes, "Config: 'ilsDirection' array doesn't have 3 entries", seems its known and will be fixed.

Edited by Dr. Horrible

Im just wrapping things up for a final release at the moment so hopefully next week if all goes well

Heres a short preview, I discovered camera scripting and thought i'd make a short video, enjoy!

C23GX_fmh7c

edit: fixed link, thanks AnimalMother92:thumb:

Edited by mikebart

How do i install this? I put all folders in my ARMA2 OA dir and had @ infront of them, server key in Keys folder and used ARMA2 launcher and ticked the box and when i get on and go into editor, there is no mana island.

the folder with the @ in front did you make another folder inside that one called 'addons' then it should work.video link fine great work thanks.

Avery professional job m8.Excellent work.

A larger flatter terrain with these objects and colour scmem would be even more fantastic.

:)

Thanks.

Cool, can't wait for larger maps to use all these fantastic objects!

Hey mikebart,

how it goes forward with your projects,whats the current status ?:o

Greetz stephsen