mikebart

mikebart's Project's

feel free to edit them to match your terrain Smokedog.

sorry about the lack of updates, given there still some issues that need to be fixed, I havent had alot of time to work on Arma related stuff lately.

Im just posting to provide a link to mb_rocks .rvmat's and source .psd's, I didnt realise the .rvmats werent being extracted from the .pbo.

The source .psd's can be usefull for editing the rock ledges _mc map to match up with your islands satalite image without losing other details included in the _mc map.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6NZQT1EA

---------- Post added at 04:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 AM ----------

Apart from tinting them, I wouldnt change the rock textures too much, the normal maps match up to the geometry so if you swapped the rock textures for different ones you'd lose all that normal detail.

I'd recommend just changing the sand texture.

arma2oa2010100818511052.th.jpg

arma2oa2010100818494649.th.jpg

Update: i've updated mb_vegetation with the A2OA treeAdv shaders so all the flickering issues found with the tussock have been fixed, vegetation drawing in front of fog in the distance has been fixed too.

You can also find mlods for the newer versions of the vegetation on this page.

https://dev-heaven.net/projects/mb-veg

arma2oa2012070115282077.th.jpg arma2oa2012070115262504.th.jpg arma2oa2012070115115852.th.jpg arma2oa2012070115090722.th.jpg arma2oa2012070115412210.th.jpg

there is a newer version of Mana Island NZ in the works, so hopefully wont be too far away from release.

@wipman: thanks for posting about all those bugs, I should have all the road blocking issues ironed out in the next release.

Edited by mikebart

You can only replace objects with same shape or at least same height - or you need to rescale each object (and duplicate the objects to get one for each needed height). In addition you need to make a replacement map - model A is to replace model B.

Basically noone is willing to do the effort from my experience.

Thanks for the update!

Makes the mission I made look fabulous! (but it already did, hehe).

Many thanks,looking fantastic, some parts may fit in well with my brit map :)

Thanks for all the nice comments guys,

Nice work, man, but could you make a replacement to replace the ACR DLC ugly trees with your trees?

going by the time its taken to create all the vegetation on the island, I think it would probably take me about 10 years to do that, I just dont get alot of spare time these days.

Hello, very nice work. The trees is fantastic, i will use in my new island Sarugao (Saru) would be nice if you still build a few trees.:)

Greez Hotze

I found some "lite" versions of this addon in one of my island folders. For the life of me, I can't figure out which island needed them. Does anyone know if I replaced the "lite" files (like bushlite.pbo) with these new files if it would cause any issues? I guess I could just try it, but again, I can't remember which map was using these to test.

thanks guys,

I found some "lite" versions of this addon in one of my island folders. For the life of me, I can't figure out which island needed them. Does anyone know if I replaced the "lite" files (like bushlite.pbo) with these new files if it would cause any issues? I guess I could just try it, but again, I can't remember which map was using these to test.

the mb_veg_lite mod works on any island that uses mb_veg, you probably want to have mb_veg running and then run mb_veg_lite with higher priority, because i havent updated mb_veg_lite with the new trees and there are a few new trees in the latest update.

thanks guys,

the mb_veg_lite mod works on any island that uses mb_veg, you probably want to have mb_veg running and then run mb_veg_lite with higher priority, because i havent updated mb_veg_lite with the new trees and there are a few new trees in the latest update.

Thanks for the reply. I'll play with it and see if priority makes a difference within a specific island (whichever it might be that is using it).

Hey mikebart,

I have a Problem with your great Addon.

The Server won't akzept your MBART.bikey for mb_bushes.pbo.MBART.bisign; mb_clutter.pbo.MBART.bisign; mb_rocks.pbo.MBART.bisign; mb_trees.pbo.MBART.bisign.

Can u resign an rerelease the Addons with bikey please?

MkG

Judge

ah ok, ill sort this out. I release mods so infrequently I forgot all about bikeys, thanks for the heads up.