mikebart

mikebart's Project's

Mikebart I just downloaded this island on a whim and I'm really impressed. I don't mean to insult the kiwis on this forum but that island looks so much like south eastern australia (eg gippsland or phillip island) that it's scary! From a distance the trees look so much like eucalyptus it's amazing. If you could just lighten the trunks and change the leaf shape and colour, you'd have perfect gum trees. I'm sure there are many many aussies on this forum who'd love to have a little bit of australia to run around in playing arma. We just need someone to make ambient fairy penguins and wallabies :)

Thanks heaps for this island!

Hope you don't mind if I use your vegetation for my "Massacra" project?

p.s. dev-heaven link for veg lite is not working, just bunch of .jpegs?

Edited by IceBreakr

thanks foxhound.

thats fine icebreaker look foreward to seeing what you come up with.

tpw, thanks, gum trees are definitly on the cards

Island is looking really good mikebart, v. authentic and the vegetation performance seems excellent. Rather nice island aside it's simply awesome that there are people like you, Berghoff, Mondkalb et cetera creating building blocks for others to use, it's like nearly every modder here stands on the shoulders of others.

Hi, i'd try yesterday night the island and i've to say that looks real, makes me want to play again; it's as amazing and sweet as the performance. I'd tryed it with the ArmA2 plus alot of mods and no problems so far unless a CTD/CTS with just a UH-1Y after launch two rockets that did hit on a road and then... CTS.

Aside that... i get an error message after enter in the editor and then exit to the main screen again, this is the error message:

mikebart_mana_b07_bug.jpg

An amazing island, the best one that i've seen; it's über-pimp. Let's C ya

Hi, the USMC aswell as the rest of the factions fit great on this island.

ArmA2_23.jpg

ArmA2_23b.jpg

ArmA2_26.jpg

ArmA2_26b.jpg

Let's C ya

Thanks for the comments all, glad to hear someone say the vegetation is performing well Defunkt, i was a bit worried.

I dont get that error wipman, sounds like its to do with the island intro, is anyone else getting this?

Mikebart: my experimental project "Massacra" (island will be named differently when released) now features your vegetation & rocks. I'm impressed, hopefully players will like this small TvT/CoOp map ;)

Thanks for the comments all, glad to hear someone say the vegetation is performing well Defunkt, i was a bit worried.

I dont get that error wipman, sounds like its to do with the island intro, is anyone else getting this?

Good work Mike, i'll give a try on my next map :)

If you have a world tools template list for your objects feel free to send it to me for inclusion in WT templates

Hi, that intro error message may be caused by some of the many Mods that i use to run the ArmA2, i'd uninstalled the OAso i don't use it; this are the mods that i use:

- CBA (latest).

- OKT NoBlur.

- GDT Mod Grass.

- GDT Mod HDR.

- GDT Mod Plants.

- Sakura Chan Non Blinding Sun.

- STHUD (Latest) [don't supports your island yet, but works].

- Icebreaker's Island Duala v1.8.1.

- Group Link 4 Special FX Edition v.1.1.87.

- Namalsk (latest).

- Game loaded with: -nosplash.

Between all those mods... maybe the GL4 is what creates the error message, but the intros work, when you leave the editor, i'd await until they began again by the 1St one and everything worked without problems after hit 'Continue' once the message showed up. Let's C ya

Hi, i've try the island without any Mod, just the island and the -nospash and this is what i'd get when i'd placed two Marines on the editor and then did exit from the editor:

mikebart_mana_b07_bug_01.jpg

Again, the intros sequence was running well after hit continue; just with the:

'C:\ArmA2\arma2.exe -mod=@mb_manaisland_v0.7beta; -nosplash'

DX Diagnosys:

------------------

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 1/21/2011, 03:50:48

Machine name: whatever

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.100427-1636)

Language: Spanish (Regional Setting: Spanish)

System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.

System Model: EX38-DQ6

BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG

Processor: Intel® Core2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz (2 CPUs)

Memory: 2046MB RAM

Page File: 575MB used, 2856MB available

Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS

DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode

------------

DxDiag Notes

------------

DirectX Files Tab: No problems found.

Display Tab 1: No problems found.

Sound Tab 1: No problems found.

Music Tab: No problems found.

Input Tab: No problems found.

Network Tab: No problems found.

--------------------

DirectX Debug Levels

--------------------

Direct3D: 0/4 (n/a)

DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)

DirectInput: 0/5 (n/a)

DirectMusic: 0/5 (n/a)

DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)

DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)

DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

---------------

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Chip type: GeForce GTX 285

DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_05E3&SUBSYS_12853842&REV_A1

Display Memory: 1024.0 MB

Current Mode: 1280 x 1024 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Monitor: Monitor Plug and Play

Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200

Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll

Driver Version: 6.14.0012.6099 (English)

DDI Version: 9 (or higher)

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

Driver Date/Size: 10/22/2010 07:23:22, 6359552 bytes

WHQL Logo'd: Yes

WHQL Date Stamp: n/a

VDD: no disponible

Mini VDD: nv4_mini.sys

Mini VDD Date: 10/22/2010 07:23:22, 9623680 bytes

Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-46A3-11CF-214C-893200C2CB35}

Vendor ID: 0x10DE

Device ID: 0x05E3

SubSys ID: 0x12853842

Revision ID: 0x00A1

Revision ID: 0x00A1

Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_C ModeMPEG2_D

Deinterlace Caps: {6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive

{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch

{6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive

{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch

{6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive

{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch

{6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive

{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch

Registry: OK

DDraw Status: Enabled

D3D Status: Enabled

AGP Status: Enabled

DDraw Test Result: Not run

D3D7 Test Result: Not run

D3D8 Test Result: Not run

D3D9 Test Result: Not run

-------------

Sound Devices

-------------

Description: Realtek HD Audio output

Default Sound Playback: Yes

Default Voice Playback: Yes

Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0885&SUBSYS_1458A002&REV_1001

Manufacturer ID: 1

Product ID: 100

Type: WDM

Driver Name: RtkHDAud.sys

Driver Version: 5.10.0000.6194 (English)

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

WHQL Logo'd: Yes

Date and Size: 9/3/2010 16:20:18, 6139496 bytes

Other Files:

Driver Provider: Realtek Semiconductor Corp.

HW Accel Level: Full

Cap Flags: 0xF5F

Min/Max Sample Rate: 8000, 192000

Static/Strm HW Mix Bufs: 33, 32

Static/Strm HW 3D Bufs: 33, 32

HW Memory: 0

Voice Management: No

EAX 2.0 Listen/Src: Yes, Yes

I3DL2 Listen/Src: Yes, Yes

Sensaura ZoomFX: No

Registry: OK

Sound Test Result: Not run

I don't know where the problem could be. Let's C ya

wipman; I think all thats happening cause you're not running OA, I've used the environment effects module and a few others from OA in the intro, so thats probably what all those errors are about.

ill get on to that WT template soon shezan, i'd pretty much placed all the trees by hand before you released the first version, but it was absolute magic for placing the tussock, could not have done it any other way and gotten those results, thankyou.

Sounds great icebreaker! I thought the name Massacra sounded pretty cool

thanks guys really appreciate the interest

Hi, im glad to know that we've identify the source of that error message, but i hope that you don't make the island OA dependant as the OA/CO is something that i don't use or gonna use, because of the performance; less than 10FPS during some campaign missions. Wich makes the OA a useless thing for me.

By the way... have you think in add some puddle arround there?, a pair of 'em on the higher parts could look pimp, not deep enough as for unable the wheeled vehicles to cross 'em... removing the grass on the deep end of the puddles could make 'em look better; that's one thing that could look good, in my opinion, in the island and that wouldn't it make it 3Rd party addons dependant or OA/CO dependand. Maximizing the possible users number of you amazing island, just an idea... but please, don't make it OA dependant. Let's C ya

Hi, i've found a rock that the AI have problems with, they tend to get stunk on it during various minutes when they go in a MBT or on a IFV/APC; i haven't try yet on wheeled vehicles as i don't know how to make an AI board as 2Nd gunner (on a Vodnik, i.e) here it's the rock and it's location on the West shore in the GPS.

- Rock that blocks the AI on MBT/APC.

*EDIT: Only the AI's tracked vehicles get stunk for some minutes on that rock, all the AI's wheeled vehicles have problems to pass by that point; but the AI leaves that road (the closer one to the shore) on various places no matter what vehicle they're going.

Let's C ya

Edited by wipman

Hi, im glad to know that we've identify the source of that error message, but i hope that you don't make the island OA dependant as the OA/CO is something that i don't use or gonna use, because of the performance; less than 10FPS during some campaign missions. Wich makes the OA a useless thing for me.

its also good to know its not dependant on OA, I thought it was this whole time because of the OA treeAdv shaders, it'll definatly stay non-depentant on OA in the future just because any new introduction to the island will be an addon.

By the way... have you think in add some puddle arround there?, a pair of 'em on the higher parts could look pimp, not deep enough as for unable the wheeled vehicles to cross 'em... removing the grass on the deep end of the puddles could make 'em look better; that's one thing that could look good.

yeah theres a few spots that could look good, thanks for the suggestion, i do find that some parts of the island look a bit bland compared to others, definitly compared to other islands.

Hi, i've found a rock that the AI have problems with, they tend to get stunk on it during various minutes when they go in a MBT or on a IFV/APC; i haven't try yet on wheeled vehicles as i don't know how to make an AI board as 2Nd gunner (on a Vodnik, i.e) here it's the rock and it's location on the West shore in the GPS.

Let's C ya

thanks for making me aware of that wipman, i had no idea,, i've also found a few object placement issues with the cliff faces around the place so ill try and get these things ironed out in a hotfix patch asap.

thanks for the feedback, much appreciated, cheers!

mike.

Hi. I was pointed to your mb_veg by another map creator and I found that your vegetation has just the right look for my map, even if it isn't the same species you'd find there in reality.

I was wondering if you plan on adding more bushes to the pack, as it would introduce some nice variation on maps that only use this pack - which will probably happen with mine, as using the standard BI vegetation around your trees ruins the summertime look.

Good job! :)

Edited by cctoide

cctoide: FYI, all BIS trees were released as MLODs, so you can repaint them easily for your project.

all BIS trees were released as MLODs, so you can repaint them easily for your project.

Does this include the Arma 2 trees? Did I miss something???

B

Hi, i've found a couple more of places where the AIs seem to have small problems when going on vehicles, haven't ry with 'em on foot.

- Here:

mikebart_mana_b07_bug_05.jpg

There the AIs on standard behaviour (aware, i guess) swap from the road segment marked in red to take the one at 3128 when ever they're ordered to trip to a crossroad on the SE side, booth in wheeled as in tracked vehicles. A minor thing that could be fixed by adjusting the waypoints i guess instead open the map and clicking on the map to order the destiny.

- Here Too:

mikebart_mana_b07_bug_04.jpg

There (clicking on the map) the AIs on wheeled as in tracked vehicles leave the segment marked in red to go straight to the road piece below it; but they don't do it with accurate waypoints and setting their behaviour to Safe.

I've also found another rock that the AIs collide with, but only on (small) wheeled vehicles; this don't happens with wheeled APCs/IFVs as the LAV-25s or the BTR-90s. Neither happens with tracked vehicles (M1A1 & T-90).

mikebart_mana_b07_bug_03.jpg

They collide with that rock to go up the road as going down. Let's C ya

Hi, i've noticed another bug that i don't think that can be solved as is a BIS side bug related to the fog.

mikebart_mana_b07_bug_06.jpg

As can be seen there... the bushes are not covered by the fog, is the only object on the island that i've seen, not affected by the fog; the roads also appear as made out of shiny water, but that happens too on the Uthes and Chernarus, it also happens in any island object such as fences, buildings windows, building roofs, letters and some other objects.

The fact that the bushes stand out in that way is not that a problem, as the island performance is really good even on low specs computers like my one; but still a bug. Let's C ya

Hi mikebart i have used your rocks finnaly got them showing with textures now and i would like to say thank's and how good they look.

I have them on hellskitchen sangin is there permissions on these models to change the texture colour to the takistan type colours so they match in with the taki soil type would be great if you or i could do that just to match diffrent enviroments.

Also if there is no permission on them can I release the rocks pbo in my hellskitchen folder or do you prefer a link to them on armaholics thanks again and keep up the great work.