Sign in to follow this  
RogueBlade

You were kicked: Battle Eye client not responding. (AAS)

Why do I keep getting the error "Battle Eye client not responding"??

I just played in the Charlie Foxtrot server for an hour or more just fine. But when ever I try to join the Basecamp AAS server I get booted because of the battle eye error. edit (It's not just AAS, its any server with BattleEye)

Before I launch my game I right click on the ARMA2 Combined Operations shortcut and click run as administrator. I also have the run as administrator box ticked in the shortcut properties.

wtf. I just want to play my game.

Edited by RogueBlade

Happens on all servers and game types, but only to certain people. I am one of the lucky ones who never get this, but some blokes get booted of five or six times during a session.

The run as admin problem is seperate I think, but it is equally bothersome because a lot of potentially good players never manage to get into the game before they are booted off again.

Harsh times, bro. Harsh times.

Edited by Hund

Maybe updating BE manually or contacting BE-Support directly helps. Guess it´s not an issue on the server-side.

According to your problem the FAQ says:

Client not responding: This can happen if the server's or your connection times out for quite a while or breaks up completely. There is no real solution other than ensuring that you have no problems with your internet connection.

So maybe resetting your Internet Connection, Updating your Router Firmware or replacing your router should be considered. Personal Firewalls if you´re behind a router should be disabled at least for testing.

What´s your connection speed and what is your ping to the server/where are you from RogueBlase?

Edited by BCA Cat Toaster

Somewhere around BE v1.40-1.41, I was getting the "BE not responding" while playing on our server. Oddly, I found that my Ventrilo comms was the cause. Now running Ventrilo as administrator also, stopped the BE kicks. :confused:

we saw the same thing tonight. There were 15 players all playing on the server, those same players all had pings below 100. As soon as I put an AAS map on we had around 6 players crashout with BE kicks within 60 secs of the match starting. I changed the map and all was fine again. Very strange.

Keep in mind that most kicks are the result of game crashes, and as you can read on the forums a lot of people get frequent crashes, so it's not that unusual.

I also had reports of the game freezing for all or most players on a server at the same time, which explains such mass kicks.

Might not be AAS or BE related.

You might have seen the "ammo crate freeze/bug" and then timeout -> kick, which has been fixed a few OA betas ago.

Edited by qwertz

I load nothing else than AAS-Missions and I can´t confirm such observerations. We had 60 players yesterday, of course I see some (and the same) players being constantly kicked with such messages but I don´t think that´s related with the server side.

However, without proper Input from the Threadstarter to all the questions it´s just guessing.

@Aussie

Which Version and Revision of AAS? Which Ruleset being used? Vanilla files as I released them or customized? PLEASE provide some Information one can work with.

Maybe updating BE manually or contacting BE-Support directly helps. Guess it´s not an issue on the server-side.

According to your problem the FAQ says:

So maybe resetting your Internet Connection, Updating your Router Firmware or replacing your router should be considered. Personal Firewalls if you´re behind a router should be disabled at least for testing.

What´s your connection speed and what is your ping to the server/where are you from RogueBlase?

- Downloaded the BattleEye .dll from their site and put it in the corresponding folder, no dice.

- Turned off my Windows Firewall, no dice

- router is brand new modem/router, not related to the issue, unless I need to add inbound/outbound firewall rules for battleye?

- ISP speed is about 3.5megs down and 700kb/s up

- ping to basecamp.de aas server is 43ms

I have the AAS mod installed for arma2 but have done nothing for it in OA. Could that be an issue?

Edited by RogueBlade

I have the AAS mod installed for arma2 but have done nothing for it in OA. Could that be an issue?

No, AAS for OA does not need any client side addons at this stage.

- router is brand new modem/router, not related to the issue, unless I need to add inbound/outbound firewall rules for battleye?

No, but some routers are falsely dropping small network packets, which could be the case for you too.

What router model do you have and did you have the same problem with the previous one (in case you played ArmA 2 / OA before)?

No, but some routers are falsely dropping small network packets, which could be the case for you too.

What router model do you have and did you have the same problem with the previous one (in case you played ArmA 2 / OA before)?

Yep same problem with old router

What router model do you have

Also, could you please go to Start(->Run...) and enter cmd. Then try the following command and tell me if you get timeouts: "ping bistudio.com -l 7".

Also, could you please go to Start(->Run...) and enter cmd. Then try the following command and tell me if you get timeouts: "ping bistudio.com -l 7".

Netgear DNG1000

Ok well this doesn't look good:

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600]

Copyright © 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Josh>ping bistudio.com -l 7

Pinging bistudio.com [81.0.236.117] with 7 bytes of data:

Request timed out.

Request timed out.

Request timed out.

Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 81.0.236.117:

Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

C:\Users\Josh>

What does this mean? I can play in non-battle eye servers just fine such as Charlie Foxtrot as well as all my other games

25fkjmr.jpg

Edited by RogueBlade

Netgear DNG1000

Ok well this doesn't look good:

[...]

What does this mean?

Read this thread: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=103247. I had reports of the DGN1000 causing this problem before, so there definitely seems to be a serious issue with this model.

It means that your router is dropping small packets, which shouldn't be happening.

Could you please create a support ticket at https://my.netgear.com/myNETGEAR/support.asp and refer to my ticket #12632987 in it (simply say you have the very problem I described there)? So far Netgear refused to escalate this issue to their dev team, because they want a user of this router to test a few things first. Another user that I talked to said that he talked to them on the phone, and after trying a few things they said it was the ISP's fault. However, I had another report about a user fixing this issue by using another router, so this can't really be true.

Also, what sort of router did you have before? And are you sure you had the same problem back then?

Read this thread: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=103247. I had reports of the DGN1000 causing this problem before, so there definitely seems to be a serious issue with this model.

It means that your router is dropping small packets, which shouldn't be happening.

Could you please create a support ticket at https://my.netgear.com/myNETGEAR/support.asp and refer to my ticket #12632987 in it (simply say you have the very problem I described there)? So far Netgear refused to escalate this issue to their dev team, because they want a user of this router to test a few things first. Another user that I talked to said that he talked to them on the phone, and after trying a few things they said it was the ISP's fault. However, I had another report about a user fixing this issue by using another router, so this can't really be true.

Also, what sort of router did you have before? And are you sure you had the same problem back then?

Ok ticket submitted. My router before hand was another modem/router in one which was the Netgear DG834G v3. Now that I think about it. When I was using that, I was playing AAS (Battle Eye) servers just fine! But I can't use the old router anymore because it is my landlords.

So yes, despite my initial claims, this must be a router issue. What more can I do?

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600]

Copyright © 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Josh>ping bistudio.com -l 0

Pinging bistudio.com [81.0.236.117] with 0 bytes of data:

Reply from 81.0.236.117: bytes=0 time=64ms TTL=49

Reply from 81.0.236.117: bytes=0 time=65ms TTL=49

Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),

Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:

Minimum = 64ms, Maximum = 65ms, Average = 64ms

C:\Users\Josh>ping bistudio.com -l 1

Pinging bistudio.com [81.0.236.117] with 1 bytes of data:

Reply from 81.0.236.117: bytes=1 time=66ms TTL=49

Reply from 81.0.236.117: bytes=1 time=64ms TTL=49

Reply from 81.0.236.117: bytes=1 time=65ms TTL=49

Reply from 81.0.236.117: bytes=1 time=65ms TTL=49

Minimum = 64ms, Maximum = 66ms, Average = 65ms

C:\Users\Josh>ping bistudio.com -l 2

Pinging bistudio.com [81.0.236.117] with 2 bytes of data:

Reply from 81.0.236.117: bytes=2 time=64ms TTL=49

Reply from 81.0.236.117: bytes=2 time=65ms TTL=49

Minimum = 64ms, Maximum = 65ms, Average = 64ms

C:\Users\Josh>ping bistudio.com -l 3

Pinging bistudio.com [81.0.236.117] with 3 bytes of data:

Reply from 81.0.236.117: bytes=3 time=64ms TTL=49

Minimum = 64ms, Maximum = 64ms, Average = 64ms

C:\Users\Josh>ping bistudio.com -l 4

Pinging bistudio.com [81.0.236.117] with 4 bytes of data:

Reply from 81.0.236.117: bytes=4 time=64ms TTL=49

Minimum = 64ms, Maximum = 64ms, Average = 64ms

C:\Users\Josh>ping bistudio.com -l 5

Pinging bistudio.com [81.0.236.117] with 5 bytes of data:

Request timed out.

Request timed out.

Request timed out.

Request timed out.

C:\Users\Josh>ping bistudio.com -l 6

Pinging bistudio.com [81.0.236.117] with 6 bytes of data:

Request timed out.

Request timed out.

Request timed out.

Request timed out.

C:\Users\Josh>ping bistudio.com -l 7

Pinging bistudio.com [81.0.236.117] with 7 bytes of data:

Request timed out.

Request timed out.

Request timed out.

Request timed out.

C:\Users\Josh>ping bistudio.com -l 8

Pinging bistudio.com [81.0.236.117] with 8 bytes of data:

Request timed out.

Request timed out.

Request timed out.

Request timed out.

C:\Users\Josh>ping bistudio.com -l 9

Pinging bistudio.com [81.0.236.117] with 9 bytes of data:

Request timed out.

Request timed out.

Request timed out.

Request timed out.

C:\Users\Josh>ping bistudio.com -l 10

Pinging bistudio.com [81.0.236.117] with 10 bytes of data:

Request timed out.

Request timed out.

Request timed out.

Request timed out.

C:\Users\Josh>

Everything after 4 times out.

Edited by RogueBlade

Ok ticket submitted. My router before hand was another modem/router in one which was the Netgear DG834G v3. Now that I think about it. When I was using that, I was playing AAS (Battle Eye) servers just fine! But I can't use the old router anymore because it is my landlords.

So yes, despite my initial claims, this must be a router issue. What more can I do?

Unfortunately nothing right now, just make sure you follow their instructions and tell them that you didn't have this problem with the previous router. Netgear needs to fix this with a firmware update.

---------- Post added at 19:55 ---------- Previous post was at 19:35 ----------

Everything after 4 times out.

Yes, others reported the same (0 to 4 works, 5 to X times out, 32 is known to be working again). This of course makes the problem even weirder and shows that something isn't right with Netgear's firmware.

You could do some more tests to find out at which size the timeouts stop. I suggest posting these test results in your support ticket as well.

Mine works at 11 and onwards. Seems only to be after 4 to 10. I'll add that to my ticket

Well I got a reply from NETGEAR support and the guy confirms that

"I understand that small UDP packets of size 5-10 bytes are getting dropped while using NETGEAR DGN1000 Router."

He asked for this info which I gave him:

1) Do you have any firewall software's running in your computers? if yes, please disable it.

2) Have you tried resetting and reconfiguring the NETGEAR DGN1000 Router after updating the latest firmware?

3) Who is your internet service provider?

4) What is the ADSL port ip address and Router firmware?

So hoping for a useful response. I told him with my old router no such issue existed

Dear Josh,

My name is Jay and I am following up on your support case.

Based on the complexity of this case, it may be appropriate for me to seek additional resources. I recommend escalating your case to the next level for further review and response and they will get back shortly.

This message is for your information only. There is no additional action needed from you at this time. The next level agent will update the case and you will be notified.

Again, thanks for choosing NETGEAR. We appreciate your continued patience. We will be working hard to get back to you shortly.

Regards,

Jay

NETGEAR Support

Sounds like a good thing? 0_o

Hi

Have only just got OA having never played any previous version.

Am unable to play online; just get 'you were kicked' instantly. Found this thread and, having a netgear dg834, am I right in assuming I wont be able to play online until netgear fix it????

I had the DG834G v3 before and had no issues, what version is your router?, did you try the ping test on the first page of the thread? Do you have any firewalls enabled etc

Hi

Have only just got OA having never played any previous version.

Am unable to play online; just get 'you were kicked' instantly. Found this thread and, having a netgear dg834, am I right in assuming I wont be able to play online until netgear fix it????

This thread only applies to "Client not responding" kicks though. If you get them, test the things I wrote on page 2.

---------- Post added at 11:47 ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 ----------

Sounds like a good thing? 0_o

Yes, let's hope they actually investigate the problem beyond user support.

Ah thanks. Think my problem is different, am getting banned instantly. Will post new thread. Thanks