Sign in to follow this  
darkxess

2nd / 3rd Airports for AI

Hey, as you know when you make a map you get the 2 strips for AI.

1 to land and 1 to take off! well ive made a 2nd runway on my island!

and was wondering, how do you set it up in the scripts to get a 2nd

runway for the AI on my 2nd Airport?

Also, if you have a Aircraft Carrier, how do you set that up also in your

config file so that AI can use it also?

Thanks...

This is my Airport config just now:

// landing place - Airport

ilsPosition[] ={2772.32,2267.13};

ilsDirection[] ={0,0.08,1};

ilsTaxiIn[]= {2772,2197,2040,1878,1718,1559,1399,1330,1338,1481};

ilsTaxiOff[]= {1481,1338,1330,1399,1559,1718,1878,2040,2197,2772};

drawTaxiway=true;

easy

adapt this code and put inmediately after the part of the config where you have defined the primary airport

class SecondaryAirports {
class "your second airport" {
	ilsPosition[] = {4086, 3499};
	ilsDirection[] = {-1,0.080000,0};
	lsTaxiIn[] = {4086, 3499, 4303, 3499, 4315, 3486, 4298, 4375, 4190, 3500};
	ilsTaxiOff[] = {4190, 3500, 4086, 3499};
	drawTaxiway = 0;
};
};

easy

adapt this code and put inmediately after the part of the config where you have defined the primary airport

Thank you! got it working now, just a bitch to configure it! lol...

Hi Darkess...

OK - got your PM about this... Replying here rather than in PM so the info is available to searchers... Not that this info isn't already available in this section of the forum, and more than adequately explained in Marksmans Tutorial, which I found by typing "runway" into the search box ;) - lots of interesting info about collecting position coordinates in that thread too...

Since collecting coordinate pairs is one of the things you need to do for this job - it may be worth a read.....

Assuming you can muster coordinate pairs (personally I place small items of furniture in the appropriate positions then read their location coordinates off in Visitor and note 'em down , but theres several other ways you can get locations, either from Visitor or from the in-game editor...

Heres the coordinate pairs you need to collect..... (all following material is from the Marksman runways tutorial, which to be honest I thought was straightforward enough... still... here goes...)

Taxiway.png

OK - as you can see above, you need coordinate pairs for all these coloured points...

Yellow = the point you want planes to touch down when landing.

Green - a midway waypoint common to ILSon and ILSoff

Red & Blue - FIVE sets of coordinate pairs - leading planes gently OFF and ON the runway...

Self-evident from the pictures above what's required....

Second stage - the DIRECTION of your airport.....

For techie reasons, anything other than North, South, East or West-orientated involves calculations - for this reason I suggest you stick to one of the 4 major compass directions to start with...

Look at these two pics - again, from Marksmans tutorial...

direction01.png

direction2.png

In each case above - you're told precisely which Value To Use for the ILSDirection parameter.....

Thats it - you have all the info you need.... on to the config.....

This is the structure.....

ilsPosition[]={};

ilsDirection[]={};

ilsTaxiIn[]={};

ilsTaxiOff[]={};

And you just fill it in with your info, like this.....

ilsPosition[]={Yellow Pair};

ilsDirection[]={Whatever it says for your chosen direction};

ilsTaxiIn[]={"Red Pair 1","Red Pair 2","Red Pair 3","Red Pair 4","Red Pair 5","Green Pair"};

ilsTaxiOff[]={"Green Pair","Blue Pair 1","Blue Pair 2","Blue Pair 3","Blue Pair 4","Blue Pair 5"};

That's it - it really doesn't get any more straightforward than that.....

If you want different compass angles for ILSDirection - read Marksman's Tutorial which explains the procedure in detail.....

B

Edited by Bushlurker

You know something! Im stupid! im a stupid f-ing moron who doesnt understand sh**

LOL ... really! I am, im so angry with myself, I was doing it totally different! it goes to show that im really flippin stupid!

Anyways, done it! ha... thank you again Bushlurker! god man

you have helped me so much! thank you thank you thank you! lol.

Just 1 more thing... do I do this the same for my Aircraft Carrier? or its different?

Thanks again man! :)

Its just a question of reading everything carefully, and reading it twice! - all this info is out there because it DOES work... if it doesn't, odds are on you need to read it again... most of the time.... on the other occasions - ask someone :D

B

Its just a question of reading everything carefully, and reading it twice! - all this info is out there because it DOES work... if it doesn't, odds are on you need to read it again... most of the time.... on the other occasions - ask someone :D

B

So mate, how do you set up the AI one for Aircraft carrier then, do you know? thanks again...

make a map you get the 2 strips for AI.

1 to land and 1 to take off! well ive made a 2nd runway on my island!

and was wondering, how do you set it up in the scripts to get a 2nd

runway for the AI on my 2nd Airport?

LoL... Ive already asked and solved this problem, check out this post! complements of Bushlurker.

So mate, how do you set up the AI one for Aircraft carrier then, do you know? thanks again...

Pretty sure thats not possible, theres no height/altitude offset with these parameters.

AI will simply crash into the sea at the ships waterline.

Sorry GNAT but I must disagree

There is an entry which is the value that says 0.080000 which is the landing slope, the degrees of the landing angle.

If you change that value so the AI lands with higher value (a higher slope) and you position al remaining points in the carrier and you add some triggers for stopping the plane while it is still on the flight deck you can make the planes land on the LHD.

I swear I've seen a video in which an AI lands on the Khe Sahn with a F-35. Search in youtube.

It is doable but difficult

EDIT:

got the link, it was a harrier

Edited by mankyle

Bit late to the party, but there's also this mod, which adds a functional ILS runway to the USS Khe Sanh on Utes. Works rather well.

Bit late to the party, but there's also this mod, which adds a functional ILS runway to the USS Khe Sanh on Utes. Works rather well.

Thanks James, but its for a map! not for ingame mod if you get what I mean.

Cheers anyways :)

Wow .... well I'll be a monkeys uncle, that is just a config based runway working for USS Khe Sanh.

Not a script, except a "hook script", which you'd expect anyway.

Thanks James !

....... this gets me thinking about other projects ;)

Thanks James, but its for a map! not for ingame mod if you get what I mean.

Cheers anyways :)

Yeah, I understand that - I was merely pointing out that above-terrain runways can be done in the engine (even if not perfectly) :)